Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Shooting at Vermont Gun Range Exposes Safety Loophole
When Veronica Lewis walked into a Vermont Target Sports last week and asked to shoot a gun, she wasn’t required to pass a background check. If she had been, the check would have turned up the native New Yorker’s lengthy criminal rap sheet and a state order that explicitly prohibits her from possessing firearms. But she wasn’t, and after finishing a gun safety course, Lewisopened fire on instructor Darryl Montague, critically wounding him, before making off with the .22-caliber handgun.
It’s not the first time a person otherwise barred from possessing a firearm has committed a crime at a shooting range.

How do gun laws keep guns from the law abiding ? That doesn't make sense . If they are law abiding they will then get thier gun.

Having a gun at home in your safe isn't having a gun. Why is it that shooter after shooter goes to a gun free zone? We're referring to all those restrictions, not just the technical aspect of whether you are allowed to own a gun or not

Was that über shooter in a gun free zone ? Most shootings are out in the streets . Not gun free zones .

Nope, "the streets" where most guns happen are in blue cities with strict gun laws

sigh, let us be sad for michigan and let us just move on. guns in America will always be a high level problem.

You don't win any points calling me "a fucking idiot" even among people who think that having insecure little fellows like Jason Dalton and you wandering around with their silly big boy guns on display are somehow making America safer.

When you say things like this:

The assumption here is that had the father and son walking out the Cracker Barrel Restaurant in Kalamazoo yesterday been carrying the same sort of of semi-automatic pistols as the guy who killed them both in his random spree murder, they would have instantly dropped to the ground, drawn their weapons and returned devastating, heroic fire that would have ended the crime spree

You are a fucking idiot. No one thinks that except apparently you. You're being a pompous ass and characterizing our position so you can look down your snooty nose at people. If you want to have a real discussion, cut the crap

I wonder if you have ever shot anyone deliberately. I have, and I was paid to do it too.

Of course, every liberal in gun discussions is a gun owner. And you just proved with your asinine characterization of gun owners that you're a L-I-A-R. Any actual gun owner would know that.

And like you,no, I have never shot anyone. And unlike you I'm very happy about that. I've never shot a gun in anger at all and hope not to. But I don't have sick Rambo fantasies like you do
Well, amigo, you need to read a bit more carefully. I didn't say I was a gun owner, (although I am) I said I had shot somewone deliberately and had been paid for it. In fact, I shot several people and had quite a few more probables. Judging from your infantile world view, this all probably happened before you were born. I'll give you another clue and see if you can figure out what I am speaking about. The guy who paid me to shoot is named Uncle Sam.

Think about it because shooting someone under any circumstances is an experience one does not soon forget. You feel unrestrained to mouth off about the wonder-working powers of people trap
You don't win any points calling me "a fucking idiot" even among people who think that having insecure little fellows like Jason Dalton and you wandering around with their silly big boy guns on display are somehow making America safer.

The assumption here is that had the father and son walking out the Cracker Barrel Restaurant in Kalamazoo yesterday been carrying the same sort of of semi-automatic pistols as the guy who killed them both in his random spree murder, they would have instantly dropped to the ground, drawn their weapons and returned devastating, heroic fire that would have ended the crime spree

You are a fucking idiot. No one thinks that except apparently you. You're being a pompous ass and characterizing our position so you can look down your snooty nose at people. If you want to have a real discussion, cut the crap

I wonder if you have ever shot anyone deliberately. I have, and I was paid to do it too.

Of course, every liberal in gun discussions is a gun owner. And you just proved with your asinine characterization of gun owners that you're a L-I-A-R. Any actual gun owner would know that.

And like you,no, I have never shot anyone. And unlike you I'm very happy about that. I've never shot a gun in anger at all and hope not to. But I don't have sick Rambo fantasies like you do
You need to read a bit more closely and think a bit harder. I didn't say I was a gun owner (although I am) I said I had shot someone deliberately and been paid for it. I guess from your inability to catch the reference that you are too young to grasp my what I am alluding to. Here's a hint: the guy who paid me is called Uncle Sam.

You have never shot anyone by your own admission, yet you feel qualified to discuss the beneficial effect of arming everyone at the mall in order to prevent crime. Shooting someone not by accident is something you seldom forget. Being in a group of people all of whom are shooting at people in another group also sticks in the memory. The idea of untrained gun virgins like you, not to mention your little sister and her grandmother, strapping on semi-automatic handguns in order to make their trip to Arby's safer is the stupidest, funniest post on this thread. Congratulations!
You were a soldier. We get it. People wanted to shoot you, so you shot them first. Congratulations. We're not talking about war here. We're talking about assholes with knives that want to cut your heart out and take your property. I carry a gun, thank you, so I still have my heart and my property. Thankfully once the gentlemen saw that they were.... let's say, out gunned, they both decided to abandon their plan and became quite compliant. No. I've never taken a life, but on 2 occasions, I was under a second from being forced to.
People wanted to shoot us but we wanted to shoot them even more. That's how Marines win. The will to kill isn't all I learned from Uncle Sam. I learned about collateral casualties downrange in the battle space, and I learned how difficult it is to respond effectively when stumbling into a premeditated ambush.

In the Kalamazoo scenario, three retired ladies in their 60s and 70s were emerging from and backlit a Cracker Barrel Restaurant when they were gunned down from within a darkened automobile. You could arm those ladies with assault weapons, RPGs and M67 frags and it wouldn't have saved them. There is a fair chance, however, that if those good old girls managed to get off a few rounds, they might have taken a pedestrians or two from across the street with them.

Face it: gun nuts have heroic fantasies about using their weapons collections to save America but it is just childish. You want to save America from the bad guys? Enlist.

As soon as you post something of substance then you will get one
Until then, bye.

You made a correlation. That was a correlation

So when does it dawn on foolish idiot-morons like you that with all the guns we carry in this country and the murder rate we have, unlike other industrialized nations; we have to many fucking guns

So when does it down on foolish idiot-morons like you that the problem isn't the number of guns in honest citizens hands, it's the ones in criminals's hands and all your laws do is ensure the criminals meet less resistance when they commit crimes?

Whatever you say. If you ever want to make a coherent point you know where to find me

Well, amigo, you need to read a bit more carefully. I didn't say I was a gun owner, (although I am) I said I had shot somewone deliberately and had been paid for it. In fact, I shot several people and had quite a few more probables. Judging from your infantile world view, this all probably happened before you were born. I'll give you another clue and see if you can figure out what I am speaking about. The guy who paid me to shoot is named Uncle Sam.

Think about it because shooting someone under any circumstances is an experience one does not soon forget. You feel unrestrained to mouth off about the wonder-working powers of people trap

You need to read a bit more closely and think a bit harder. I didn't say I was a gun owner (although I am) I said I had shot someone deliberately and been paid for it. I guess from your inability to catch the reference that you are too young to grasp my what I am alluding to. Here's a hint: the guy who paid me is called Uncle Sam.

You have never shot anyone by your own admission, yet you feel qualified to discuss the beneficial effect of arming everyone at the mall in order to prevent crime. Shooting someone not by accident is something you seldom forget. Being in a group of people all of whom are shooting at people in another group also sticks in the memory. The idea of untrained gun virgins like you, not to mention your little sister and her grandmother, strapping on semi-automatic handguns in order to make their trip to Arby's safer is the stupidest, funniest post on this thread. Congratulations!
You were a soldier. We get it. People wanted to shoot you, so you shot them first. Congratulations. We're not talking about war here. We're talking about assholes with knives that want to cut your heart out and take your property. I carry a gun, thank you, so I still have my heart and my property. Thankfully once the gentlemen saw that they were.... let's say, out gunned, they both decided to abandon their plan and became quite compliant. No. I've never taken a life, but on 2 occasions, I was under a second from being forced to.
People wanted to shoot us but we wanted to shoot them even more. That's how Marines win. The will to kill isn't all I learned from Uncle Sam. I learned about collateral casualties downrange in the battle space, and I learned how difficult it is to respond effectively when stumbling into a premeditated ambush.

In the Kalamazoo scenario, three retired ladies in their 60s and 70s were emerging from and backlit a Cracker Barrel Restaurant when they were gunned down from within a darkened automobile. You could arm those ladies with assault weapons, RPGs and M67 frags and it wouldn't have saved them. There is a fair chance, however, that if those good old girls managed to get off a few rounds, they might have taken a pedestrians or two from across the street with them.

Face it: gun nuts have heroic fantasies about using their weapons collections to save America but it is just childish. You want to save America from the bad guys? Enlist.
I've saved myself from two bad guys. I have no fantasies I know I am unlikely to be able to react quickly enough in the Kalamazoo scenario, but I did in the Foley scenario. I am not childish, I am prepared. Molon labe.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
In the Kalamazoo scenario, three retired ladies in their 60s and 70s were emerging from and backlit a Cracker Barrel Restaurant when they were gunned down from within a darkened automobile. You could arm those ladies with assault weapons, RPGs and M67 frags and it wouldn't have saved them

Why would I do that? You mentioned your standard. If having a gun won't save you 100% of the time in every situation, then government is completely justified in banning you from ever having them. All you proved is that you're a fucking stupid government dick sucking bitch

You mean like you? that's your fantasy as a gun owner? Dude, you are one... sick ... fuck ... I hope you're writing these posts from an institution where you belong

As soon as you post something of substance then you will get one
Until then, bye.

You made a correlation. That was a correlation

So when does it dawn on foolish idiot-morons like you that with all the guns we carry in this country and the murder rate we have, unlike other industrialized nations; we have to many fucking guns

So when does it down on foolish idiot-morons like you that the problem isn't the number of guns in honest citizens hands, it's the ones in criminals's hands and all your laws do is ensure the criminals meet less resistance when they commit crimes?

Whatever you say. If you ever want to make a coherent point you know where to find me

Um...OK?

I've saved myself from two bad guys. I have no fantasies I know I am unlikely to be able to react quickly enough in the Kalamazoo scenario, but I did in the Foley scenario. I am not childish, I am prepared. Molon labe.

Now that's the response of an actual, responsible gun owner.

Fishlore's response is the response of someone you know is lying about ever having touched a gun, and as certain as you are, even more you hope to God he hasn't

Shooting at Vermont Gun Range Exposes Safety Loophole
When Veronica Lewis walked into a Vermont Target Sports last week and asked to shoot a gun, she wasn’t required to pass a background check. If she had been, the check would have turned up the native New Yorker’s lengthy criminal rap sheet and a state order that explicitly prohibits her from possessing firearms. But she wasn’t, and after finishing a gun safety course, Lewis
opened fire on instructor Darryl Montague, critically wounding him, before making off with the .22-caliber handgun.
It’s not the first time a person otherwise barred from possessing a firearm has committed a crime at a shooting range.[/
QUOTE]
Yet again the liberals find one crime that upsets the record of perfection they demand (from others, never from themselves), and use it as an excuse to impose massive government regulation, even in direct violation of the U.S. Constitution.

Do these people EVER present a reasonable basis for their agenda?

No, they don't. Ever. Because there is no reasonable basis for their agenda.

• Thanks
All you anti gun nuts can talk about are isolated incidents like Kalamazoo and this gun range thing, but you're afraid to speak out against the very significant loss of life caused by apathy to the thug culture. Here's a lady (a Navy vet) who is not afraid.

• Thanks
We only need ONE law regulating guns.

If you commit a crime while in possession of a firearm it is an automatic LIFE SENTENCE.
No appeal ... no parole ... no time off for good behavior.

Soon all the idiot criminals would be locked up and the population would be much safer.

If you commit a crime while in possession of a firearm it is an automatic LIFE SENTENCE.

Soon all the idiot criminals would be locked up and the population would be much safer.

Automatic death penalty.

I'm convinced that in a case like in the video above, the presiding judge should be issued a .357 magnum with which to carry out sentence immediately.

life time in prison for armed robbery means they have no reason not to kill the victim. Get rid of a witness.

life time in prison for armed robbery means they have no reason not to kill the victim. Get rid of a witness.
No one is (recently at least) advocating life for armed robbery

No one is (recently at least) advocating life for armed robbery
read the guy I quoted, he did.

Forum List

Back