Keeping the Sabbath Holy

18 If obeying those laws could save us, then it is obvious that this would be a different way of gaining God’s favor than Abraham’s way, for he simply accepted God’s promise.

What are you talking about?
If you can't bother to read about Avraham's life from Genesis then don't comment.

I think the point is that Abraham had a different set of commandments than the 12 tribes of Israel did. Abraham was commanded to sacrifice Isaac which was a commandment specific to him. Fortunately, God was just testing his faithfulness and he didn't have to go through with it. Nevertheless, the Abrahamic Covenant is unconditional and distinct from the conditional Covenant between God and Moses/12-tribed Israel. Nowhere was Abraham commanded to keep the 10 Commandments nor were the Christians (post-Christ) commanded to keep them (as defined by the Mosaic Covenant). By trusting in and loving Christ and loving our neighbor we fulfill the law (according to New Testament Scripture). By faith are we saved.

18 If obeying those laws could save us, then it is obvious that this would be a different way of gaining God’s favor than Abraham’s way, for he simply accepted God’s promise.

If you can't bother to read about Avraham's life from Genesis then don't comment.

I think the point is that Abraham had a different set of commandments than the 12 tribes of Israel did. Abraham was commanded to sacrifice Isaac which was a commandment specific to him. Fortunately, God was just testing his faithfulness and he didn't have to go through with it. Nevertheless, the Abrahamic Covenant is unconditional and distinct from the conditional Covenant between God and Moses/12-tribed Israel. Nowhere was Abraham commanded to keep the 10 Commandments nor were the Christians (post-Christ) commanded to keep them (as defined by the Mosaic Covenant). By trusting in and loving Christ and loving our neighbor we fulfill the law (according to New Testament Scripture). By faith are we saved.
All commands which given to Moses in Sinai applied for the Jewish only which witnessed it by their own eyes.
However Abraham,Isaac, and Jacob was before God order the Jewish, but they did kept the ancient commands of Noah which they embraced.
Abraham's father was selling worshiping idols which is forbidden yet Abraham didn't and was revolutionary by his belief God is one.
Which also goes with Noah commands of not having other Gods and believe the one God.
After Abraham circumcised himself he sat in the entrance to his tent waiting in the desert boiling sun for guests and God sent him 3 angels dressed as nomads to announce him Sarah is going to have a baby, I don't know the exact English translation but I'll give it a try,
"Abraham rushed to serve them with meat and butter and to wash their legs" - I probably missing it but as you can see Abraham didn't serve them Kosher as ordered from God to Moses not to cook meat in the mothers milk and so on and Abraham taught his guests not to thank him personally for the hospitality but to thank god for his blessing upon earth, although non-Jewish are allowed for that, Judaism started from Jacob who fought the Angel and be named Israel afterwards, so it's kind of a debate but according to Judaism and Noah commands given to non-Jewish not eating Kosher as well doesn't make you a sinner by the direct order of God, but it does considered unhealthy and doing unhealthy acts on knowing is a sin including committing suicide or self harm.

Last edited:
BELIEVE GOD'S WORD!!!==21 I am not one of those who treats Christ’s death as meaningless. For if we could be saved by keeping Jewish laws, then there was no need for Christ to die.21 I am not one of those who treats Christ’s death as meaningless. For if we could be saved by keeping Jewish laws, then there was no need for Christ to die.Galations 2:21
God’s promise to save through faith—and God wrote this promise down and signed it—could not be canceled or changed four hundred and thirty years later when God gave the Ten Commandments. 18 If obeying those laws could save us, then it is obvious that this would be a different way of gaining God’s favor than Abraham’s way, for he simply accepted God’s promise.

19 Well then, why were the laws given? They were added after the promise was given, to show men how guilty they are of breaking God’s laws. But this system of law was to last only until the coming of Christ, the Child to whom God’s promise was made. (And there is this further difference. God gave his laws to angels to give to Moses, who then gave them to the people; 20 but when God gave his promise to Abraham, he did it by himself alone, without angels or Moses as go-betweens.)

21-22 Well then, are God’s laws and God’s promises against each other? Of course not! If we could be saved by his laws, then God would not have had to give us a different way to get out of the grip of sin—for the Scriptures insist we are all its prisoners. The only way out is through faith in Jesus Christ; the way of escape is open to all who believe him.

23 Until Christ came we were guarded by the law, kept in protective custody, so to speak, until we could believe in the coming Savior.

24 Let me put it another way. The Jewish laws were our teacher and guide until Christ came to give us right standing with God through our faith. 25 But now that Christ has come, we don’t need those laws any longer to guard us and lead us to him. 26 For now we are all children of God through faith in Jesus Christ, 27 and we who have been baptized into union with Christ are enveloped by him. 28 We are no longer Jews or Greeks or slaves or free men or even merely men or women, but we are all the same—we are Christians; we are one in Christ Jesus. 29 And now that we are Christ’s we are the true descendants of Abraham, and all of God’s promises to him belong to us.
GALATIONS 3:17-29

Brother Gismy, I would like to remind people here the purpose of Israel's rejection of Christ, it was so that we, Gentiles could be grafted in also to the family of God. It is important to always keep before us that Salvation is of the Jews. Jesus told the woman at the well this in John chapter four.

Now with that said here are the scriptures and also a warning of the severity of God against those who would boast against some of the natural branches which were broken off. As you stated and I agree - All Israel shall be saved.

It is written:

And I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world and the diminishing for them the riches of the Gentiles, how much more their fulness?

For I speak to you Gentiles inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. For if the casting away of them, be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? For if the firstfruits be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, were graffed in among them, and with them partaking of the root and the fatness of the olive tree.

Boast not against the branches, But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. Well, because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest By faith.

BE NOT HIGHMINDED, BUT FEAR.

FOR IF GOD SPARED NOT THE NATURAL BRANCHES, TAKE HEED LEST HE ALSO SPARE NOT THEE.

BEHOLD THEREFORE THE GOODNESS AND SEVERITY OF GOD, ON THEM WHICH FELL, SEVERITY OF GOD, BUT TOWARD THEE, GOODNESS. IF THOU CONTINUE IN HIS GOODNESS: OTHERWISE THOU ALSO WILL BE CUT OFF.

( This is a warning not to boast against the Jews of our Salvation and also a warning that if we do not continue in the goodness of God we will lose our salvation and find ourselves in hell. This is clear cut teaching that we can indeed lose our own salvation / birth right through our own foolishness - let no man steal your crown therefore )

Going on..........

It is written: And they also, if they abide still not in unbelief, shall be graffed in, for God is able to graff them back in again. For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree, how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

For I would not,brethren, have you ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits, that blindness in part happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

AND SO ALL ISRAEL SHALL BE SAVED, AS IT IS WRITTEN, THERE SHALL COME OUT OF SION A DELIVERER, AND SHALL TURN AWAY THE UNGODLINESS OF JACOB: FOR THIS IS MY COVENANT WITH THEM, WHEN I SHALL TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS. - ROMANS 11: 11 - 27

Last edited:

My knowledge about Christian is not very wide, but many Rabbies discussed the BC we both share, Noah commands was like an 'advance' kind of behavior which is why Noah was a saint, and here is something I want to tell [MENTION=40845]Jeremiah[/MENTION] that would find very interesting, the reason God flood the world by the bible words (based on Hebrew) "Ketz kol basar ba lefnai ki maleah haaretz hamas" - "End of all flesh comes for the land is full of robbery" (Robbery = Hamas) you can find it within every bible at home.
afterward the belief of people in single God was weaker as far as the generations goes from Adam and Eve until Abraham realized God doesn't lie in idols nor masks and so we move on.

My knowledge about Christian is not very wide, but many Rabbies discussed the BC we both share, Noah commands was like an 'advance' kind of behavior which is why Noah was a saint, and here is something I want to tell [MENTION=40845]Jeremiah[/MENTION] that would find very interesting, the reason God flood the world by the bible words (based on Hebrew) "Ketz kol basar ba lefnai ki maleah haaretz hamas" - "End of all flesh comes for the land is full of robbery" (Robbery = Hamas) you can find it within every bible at home.
afterward the belief of people in single God was weaker as far as the generations goes from Adam and Eve until Abraham realized God doesn't lie in idols nor masks and so we move on.

YES!!! THOSE THAT CHOSE TO NOT BELIEVE GOD'S WORD ""WILL"" BELIEVE satan's lies!!!and you??

Robbery. Interesting translation. I like it. It always comes down to the robbers. That's satans plan it seems

Abraham offered his son Isaac up for sacrifice. He showed his faith by obedience to God. Now it seems we are to ignore God's commandments to show faith for some unknown reason.

Go figure

You guys made me think about something, Theoretically - Jewish that converse to Christ and being Baptist suppose to keep Shabbat holy? what do you think?

As you do not know me, Daniyel, I doubt you could know what I find interesting and what I do not find interesting unless the Spirit of God tells you.

In reference to your statement about Noah and why the earth was destroyed, Hamas was not on the earth at the time of the flood - neither was the covenant yet initiated with Abraham.

That happens in Genesis 12: 1.

It is written:

Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee. And I will make thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great: and thou shall be a blessing: And I will bless them that curse thee, and curse him that curseth thee, and in thee shall all the families be blessed. - Genesis 12: 1

Do you understand how Abraham's seed could bless all the families of the earth? I just told you in this thread. Salvation is of the Jews. ( John 4 )

When did God decide to use the seed of Abram to bless the earth, Daniyel? In the garden. BEFORE Noah. Go to Genesis 3:15.

It is written:

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed, it shall bruise thy head and thou shalt bruise his heel. - Gen. 3: 15

The Word of God spoken there is Jesus Christ ( see Gen. 1: 26 ) who came through the seed of a woman to bruise Satan's head. Jesus, son of David, son of Jesse.......... The bloodline God chose before the foundations of the earth through which salvation would come because God knows all things past, present and future. This is impossible for the finite mind to compehend. Nevertheless it is true.

Going back to when Abrahams seed was chosen as the seed by which God would redeem the earth from the curse that had fell upon mankind through the disobedience of one man, Adam. This seed is spoken of in Romans. Once you understand this you will understand why Satan entered the heart of Haman to wipe out the Jews. Why Satan entered the heart of Hitler to wipe out the Jews. Why Satan entered the heart of Stalin to wipe out the Jews. Why Satan has entered the heart of Hamas to wipe out the Jews. It is the same spirit. Why does Satan want to wipe out the Jews from the face of the earth, Daniyel?

Because Salvation is of the Jews. If there were no Jews on the earth, salvation would be removed from the earth and there would not be one single person able to be redeemed. Imagine it. This has been his plan from the beginning and this is why his hatred against the Jews is so great! It is a mystery. I cannot explain why God has chosen to do it this way I only know that the battle is spiritual and manifests in the natural. Which is why in the end times Satan is once again attempting it and this - through the destruction of Israel and the Jews.

In response to your first statement that your Rabbis had taught you the earth was destroyed because of robbery. He is wrong. Tell him this. This is why the earth was destroyed. Go to Genesis 6: 1 - 7

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them.

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair, and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh, yet his years shall be an hundred and twenty.
- Genesis 6: 1 - 3

What happened? When Adam fell the door was opened for fallen angels ( called the sons of God here in this verse ) to come down to earth and reproduce upon the earth through relations with the daughters of men. Let's look at verse 4 to confirm this......

It is written:

There were giants in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I wil destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth: both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of hte air, for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. - Genesis 6: 1 - 8

As you can see robbery was not the reason God destroyed the earth by flood. Neither was it because of Hamas. Please feel free to forward this to your Rabbi friends, [MENTION=49937]Daniyel[/MENTION].

- Jeremiah

As you do not know me, Daniyel, I doubt you could know what I find interesting and what I do not find interesting unless the Spirit of God tells you.

In reference to your statement about Noah and why the earth was destroyed, Hamas was not on the earth at the time of the flood - neither was the covenant yet initiated with Abraham.

It is written:

Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee. And I will make thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great: and thou shall be a blessing: And I will bless them that curse thee, and curse him that curseth thee, and in thee shall all the families be blessed. - Genesis 12: 1

Do you understand how Abraham's seed could bless all the families of the earth? I just told you in this thread. Salvation is of the Jews. ( John 4 )

When did God decide to use the seed of Abram to bless the earth, Daniyel? In the garden. BEFORE Noah. Go to Genesis 3:15.

It is written:

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed, it shall bruise thy head and thou shalt bruise his heel. - Gen. 3: 15

The Word of God spoken there is Jesus Christ ( see Gen. 1: 26 ) who came through the seed of a woman to bruise Satan's head. Jesus, son of David, son of Jesse.......... The bloodline God chose before the foundations of the earth through which salvation would come because God knows all things past, present and future. This is impossible for the finite mind to compehend. Nevertheless it is true.

Going back to when Abrahams seed was chosen as the seed by which God would redeem the earth from the curse that had fell upon mankind through the disobedience of one man, Adam. This seed is spoken of in Romans. Once you understand this you will understand why Satan entered the heart of Haman to wipe out the Jews. Why Satan entered the heart of Hitler to wipe out the Jews. Why Satan entered the heart of Stalin to wipe out the Jews. Why Satan has entered the heart of Hamas to wipe out the Jews. It is the same spirit. Why does Satan want to wipe out the Jews from the face of the earth, Daniyel?

Because Salvation is of the Jews. If there were no Jews on the earth, salvation would be removed from the earth and there would not be one single person able to be redeemed. Imagine it. This has been his plan from the beginning and this is why his hatred against the Jews is so great! It is a mystery. I cannot explain why God has chosen to do it this way I only know that the battle is spiritual and manifests in the natural. Which is why in the end times Satan is once again attempting it and this - through the destruction of Israel and the Jews.

In response to your first statement that your Rabbis had taught you the earth was destroyed because of robbery. He is wrong. Tell him this. This is why the earth was destroyed. Go to Genesis 6: 1 - 7

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them.

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair, and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh, yet his years shall be an hundred and twenty.

What happened? When Adam fell the door was opened for fallen angels ( called the sons of God here in this verse ) to come down to earth and reproduce upon the earth through relations with the daughters of men. Let's look at verse 4 to confirm this......

It is written:

There were giants in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I wil destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth: both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of hte air, for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. - Genesis 6: 1 - 8

As you can see robbery was not the reason God destroyed the earth by flood. Neither was it because of Hamas. Please feel free to forward this to your Rabbi friends, [MENTION=49937]Daniyel[/MENTION].
I'm apologizing if you were offended i didn't mean to offend you at all sir.
The old testament originally written in Hebrew, and been translated to Latin and English over the years, I referenced to the Hebrew bible.
Again I'm sorry.

-

You guys made me think about something, Theoretically - Jewish that converse to Christ and being Baptist suppose to keep Shabbat holy? what do you think?

Psalm 18 happens to be a personal favorite of mine and King David is by far the greatest servant of God that ever walked the face of the earth for me. No one had a greater heart for God than King David did as I see it. David was not a perfect man but his heart was perfect towards God and he was sincere. David was not moved by the opinions of man but by the Spirit of God. The Spirit of God was everything to David. In Psalm 51 we see the heart of David....

It is written: Cast me not away from thy presence: and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of my salvation, and uphold me with thy free spirit. Then I will teach transgressors thy ways, and sinners shall be converted to thee.

- Psalm 51: 11, 12, 13

In response to your question concerning the Sabbath, Daniyel.

At the time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn, and his disciples were an hungred ( hungry ) and began to pluck the corn, and to eat. But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.

But he said unto them, Have you not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him. How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?

Or have you not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. But if ye had known what this meaneth, I WILL HAVE MERCY, AND NOT SACRIFICE, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day. - Matthew 12: 1 - 8

I do not keep the Sabbath and I am guiltless. Jesus said so.

Back to King David -

King David knew the world could be a fickle crowd. One day they loved him, the next day they didn't. We have ten parts in the king, said the men of Israel. - 2 Samuel 19:43 and then? We have no part in David, neither have we inheritance in the son of Jesse. - 2 Samuel 20: 20: 1 - 2.

My, my, my! How quickly Davids own men turned against him!! It was up one day and down the next!

NEVERTHELESS, in the LORD,David, found a steadfast companion that would never abandon him or throw him away because of some failure he had experienced, some weakness in his own flesh. So long as David stood in His faith in God and obeyed the LORD and refused to sin against the LORD, the LORD prevailed against David's enemies and straightened out his own men.

I cannot be concerned with what any man or woman thinks of me, Daniyel, only that My Lord is pleased with me. I was not called to join any clubs, to engage in gossip, debate, calling evil good or good evil - according to the judging of the outer man - because God looks upon the heart of a man and who else can know it? Can you? No, you don't my heart! You do not even know me! Yet my heart is steadfast to Seek the LORD with all that is within me.

May the LORD examine my heart and vindicate me from all false accusations, gossip and slander which is murder may I remind you! I've been called to preach the Gospel. Not judge those made in God's image. All flesh can be redeemed. The worst Hamas murderer, by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ could be redeemed while the Lord's own brethren could deny Him and though righteous according to the standard of a Pharisee miss heaven entirely. Something to think about.

Abraham was justified by faith. Not works. Those who accept the redemption offered through the cross of Jesus Christ are justified by faith. Not works. No one enters heaven by their own merit. A man must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven. Otherwise he shall be eternally separated from God.

I am redeemed and not under the law. Cursed is anyone under the law. I hold fast to my liberty in Christ who redeemed me from the curse of the law. As King David said, BLESSED IS THE MAN WHOSE INIQUITIES ARE FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS ARE COVERED. BLESSED IS THE MAN TO WHOM THE LORD WILL NOT IMPUTE SIN.

I stand in the freedom Jesus Christ gave me, [MENTION=49937]Daniyel[/MENTION]

- Jeri

It is written:

It is written:

It is written:

I'm apologizing if you were offended i didn't mean to offend you at all sir.
The old testament originally written in Hebrew, and been translated to Latin and English over the years, I referenced to the Hebrew bible.
Again I'm sorry.

-

You do not need to apologise to me. I am not offended, [MENTION=49937]Daniyel[/MENTION].

The bible is written as God intended it to be written and it is to be taken literally. It isn't an allegory or a fairy tale, we do not take the pieces we like and throw out what we do not like.

The Holy Spirit is the translator and the revelator of the Scriptures. ( not man nor the language of a man )

Not men, not a language, not a scholar, not a Rabbi, not a Sage, not a mystic, not anyone but the Spirit of God translates and defines the Word of God.

Why is that? Because the Spirit of God is God and He is the author and the revelator of the Written Word of God. His purpose is to reveal the Word of God ( Jesus Christ ) and teach us the Word of God. Not Hebrew rabbis who have like their ancestors stumbled over the Cornerstone without recognizing Him! How can the blind lead the blind without both falling headlong into a ditch?

I understand fully what is going on with this board. I have been in a spiritual warfare and Satan is attempting to fire an arrow through the center of my heart because by watching me carefully he knows what matters to me, who I care about and what I care about and that by my being human I can fall into despair over it, Daniyel. That is not offense speaking, just the plain truth. Here is another truth some might be interesting in knowing.

If I didn't obey the LORD I'd be wide open for enemy attack. My prayers would be rendered useless if I disobeyed the LORD. My prayers would be canceled if I used my tongue to sin with. ( that has happened to me before although some may deny it has happened to them in the past ) I repent of any words that would have offended others here. Certainly that is not my intention but rather to make sure I'm lining up with Gods will for my life and not the will of people.

I'm in a warfare. Let others say what they will about me. I cannot let that effect me either way and when I find that it is effecting me I shall do what David did. I shall encourage myself in the LORD.

- Jeri

Last edited:
If I could read Hebrew, the Hebrew Bible would be the one I'd be reading. The Bible is only useful if it's translated correctly and I know how lots of things can be lost in translation even with the best of intentions.

Why wouldn't it be translated "violence"?

[MENTION=49937]Daniyel[/MENTION]
Here is who reveals, interprets, and teaches scripture.

It is written:

These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is of no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. - 1 John 2: 26, 27

And again it is written:

But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. Who is a liar but he that denieth Jesus is the Christ? He is an anti christ, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denied the Son, the same hath not the Father [but] he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

- 1 John 20 - 26

And again it is written:

Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit, and they that worship Him must worship him in spirit and in truth. - John 4: 22 - 24

Psalm 18 happens to be a personal favorite of mine and King David is by far the greatest servant of God that ever walked the face of the earth for me. No one had a greater heart for God than King David did as I see it. David was not a perfect man but his heart was perfect towards God and he was sincere. David was not moved by the opinions of man but by the Spirit of God. The Spirit of God was everything to David. In Psalm 51 we see the heart of David....

It is written: Cast me not away from thy presence: and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of my salvation, and uphold me with thy free spirit. Then I will teach transgressors thy ways, and sinners shall be converted to thee.

- Psalm 51: 11, 12, 13

In response to your question concerning the Sabbath, Daniyel.

At the time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn, and his disciples were an hungred ( hungry ) and began to pluck the corn, and to eat. But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.

But he said unto them, Have you not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him. How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?

Or have you not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. But if ye had known what this meaneth, I WILL HAVE MERCY, AND NOT SACRIFICE, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day. - Matthew 12: 1 - 8

I do not keep the Sabbath and I am guiltless. Jesus said so.

Back to King David -

King David knew the world could be a fickle crowd. One day they loved him, the next day they didn't. We have ten parts in the king, said the men of Israel. - 2 Samuel 19:43 and then? We have no part in David, neither have we inheritance in the son of Jesse. - 2 Samuel 20: 20: 1 - 2.

My, my, my! How quickly Davids own men turned against him!! It was up one day and down the next!

NEVERTHELESS, in the LORD,David, found a steadfast companion that would never abandon him or throw him away because of some failure he had experienced, some weakness in his own flesh. So long as David stood in His faith in God and obeyed the LORD and refused to sin against the LORD, the LORD prevailed against David's enemies and straightened out his own men.

I cannot be concerned with what any man or woman thinks of me, Daniyel, only that My Lord is pleased with me. I was not called to join any clubs, to engage in gossip, debate, calling evil good or good evil - according to the judging of the outer man - because God looks upon the heart of a man and who else can know it? Can you? No, you don't my know my heart! You do not even know me! Yet my heart is steadfast to Seek the LORD with all that is within me.

May the LORD examine my heart and vindicate me from all false accusations, gossip and slander which is murder may I remind you! I've been called to preach the Gospel. Not judge those made in God's image. All flesh can be redeemed. The worst Hamas murderer, by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ could be redeemed while the Lord's own brethren could deny Him and though righteous according to the standard of a Pharisee miss heaven entirely. Something to think about.

Abraham was justified by faith. Not works. Those who accept the redemption offered through the cross of Jesus Christ are justified by faith. Not works. No one enters heaven by their own merit. A man must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven. Otherwise he shall be eternally separated from God.

I am redeemed and not under the law. Cursed is anyone under the law. I hold fast to my liberty in Christ who redeemed me from the curse of the law. As King David said, BLESSED IS THE MAN WHOSE INIQUITIES ARE FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS ARE COVERED. BLESSED IS THE MAN TO WHOM THE LORD WILL NOT IMPUTE SIN.

I stand in the freedom Jesus Christ gave me, [MENTION=49937]Daniyel[/MENTION]

- Jeri

I thank you also, Daniyel, for reading and for understanding my heart for truly I am not trying to bring a dispute but rather understanding according to my own walk with the LORD and reading of the Scriptures. Those who seek out disputes for the sake of creating strife are not of God but of Satan. Not all who say they love the LORD do. There are evil men ( at least one who pretends to be a Christian and is not ) and seek me out to destroy me not realizing they are not striving against a woman but against the Spirit of the LORD. May the Lord avenge me of mine enemies.

I believe your heart is to love the LORD and know Him. May the LORD bless you and give you a lovely day, Daniyel.

Last edited:
What is your understanding of the above texts?

@DriftingSand .

I can't address those you posted until you deal with the above.

I answered when nobody else would. Your turn.
You didn't answer, you countered.

Answer would be to address the points, in this case, passages I brought forward.

Instead you simply countered by posting other texts, never addressing the passages I provided.

That's not a conversation, that's more like tit for tat.

I refuse to approach spiritual matters in that way.

So if you're going to address them and answer, that would be great.

However, if not, then that would be that.

[MENTION=47390]DriftingSand[/MENTION]

What is your understanding of the above texts?

@DriftingSand .

I can't address those you posted until you deal with the above.

I answered when nobody else would. Your turn.
You didn't answer, you countered.

Answer would be to address the points, in this case, passages I brought forward.

Instead you simply countered by posting other texts, never addressing the passages I provided.

That's not a conversation, that's more like tit for tat.

I refuse to approach spiritual matters in that way.

So if you're going to address them and answer, that would be great.

However, if not, then that would be that.

@DriftingSand

Incorrect. I did answer. You must have missed the post. But if you prefer to dismiss that post I will understand.
@MarcATL

http://www.usmessageboard.com/9437685-post118.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back