Kentucky Newspapers Endorse Alison Lundergan Grimes

It's hilarious to watch NaziCons trying to portray Harry Reid as the obstructionist.
Dipshit, he is the one with all those bills lying dormant on his desk.

Okay, so please tell us about those bills. Are they bills that would benefit most Americans?

So you are arguing that 300 bills on Harry's desk are ALL anti-american?

Yes, most of them. They benefit conservatives and big business to the detriment of the poor and middle class. When will Boehner vote on Obama's American Jobs Act?

It's hilarious to watch NaziCons trying to portray Harry Reid as the obstructionist.

Okay, so please tell us about those bills. Are they bills that would benefit most Americans?

Yes, most of them. They benefit conservatives and big business to the detriment of the poor and middle class.
Well, send them up and let your potus shoot them down for all to see, defending the American people and all that.

Yes, most of them. They benefit conservatives and big business to the detriment of the poor and middle class. When will Boehner vote on Obama's American Jobs Act?

Can you prove it?

Harry's own family calls him "Pinky" because he is effeminate.

Effeminate? Harry played football and was a boxer.

Yes effeminate.

I was Married to his niece.

I have been to his Home in Searchlight Nevada.....I have been in the mines is family worked.

Wow, I'm surprised he didn't kick your stupid NaziCon ass.

Yes effeminate.

I have been to his Home in Searchlight Nevada.....I have been in the mines is family worked.

I told you he is an effeminate sissy boy.

I am a Ranger Trained ex champion Wrestler, Harry knew better.

Yes effeminate.

Yeah, I know, you're Superman: "Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound." I picture you more like Jellystone Park Ranger Smith.

Yes effeminate.

Yeah, I know, you're Superman: "Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound."

Nope just someone who would stand in front of you and laugh at you.

McConnell and Reid are good reasons for term limits.

I agree. However, I certainly consider Reid by far the lesser of two evils. I'm 68, and used to vote more Republican than Democrat. However, I've never seen such OBSTRUCTION as exhibited by Boehner and McConnell. I know it isn't technically treason - but I consider it treason against the American people.

boner-obstruction-5.jpg
obstructing Obola Nairobi is what is good for America

She's still going to lose. On the other hand, Democrats might have an outside shot in Georgia now. Nunn seems to have gotten some momentum in the last week, likely due to Perdue's asinine outsourcing remark.

I voted for her Dad, Sam Nunn and he did a great job for the state of Georgia and the country. I am skeptical about voting for a married woman with 2 kids that uses he maiden name instead of her married name to run for office. I wonder why she does that?
Ummm...because she wants the association with her dad?

Do you consider that ethical or opportunistic?
It's certainly opportunistic. Is taking an opportunity to remind people who your father is a bad thing?

I don't know how ethics enter into it at all.

It was definitely opportunistic for Marion Morrison to change his name to John Wayne. Was it a bad thing?

Any one that isn't a partisan hack knows the obstructionist in the Senate is Reid. His own party is pissed at Reid for blocking key pieces of bi partisan legislation.

This is on record. Over 300 bills are sitting on his desk.

I'm never sure if you are intellectually dishonest, or genuinely uninformed. I tend to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are uninformed.

When the House sends an infrastructure Bill to the Senate that has a provision that outlaws all abortions - which has nothing to do with infrastructure - should Harry Reid dignify that with a vote?

He dignifies nothing with a vote these days. So WTF do they do these days in the Senate? Think about it.

It's his job to bring the House bills to a vote whether you like or I like or anyone else likes it or not.

New York Times again with the stats.

"Absent those votes, Republicans were given 37 votes last year, 51 percent of the total.

And Senate votes are trending downward. Exempting nonbinding budget amendments, total amendment votes reached 218 in 2007

, Mr. Reid’s first year in control, to 175 in 2009, to 123 in 2012, to 67 last year, by Reid staff calculations. Since mid-July, Republicans have gotten four amendment votes."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/10/u...-play-in-senate-rankles-republicans.html?_r=0
The article you are citing is about the frustration of the Senate Republicans who can't get amendments attached to Senate Bills.

It's not about the frustration of House Republicans who can't get their House Bills to the Senate floor.

From your link:

To Democrats, it was a typical Reid show of force in the face of unfair Republican amendments.
Also from your link:

In his time as leader, he has allowed votes on almost 95 Republican amendments a year, 75 percent of the total. That is fewer than former Senator Bill Frist of Tennessee gave Democrats when he was majority leader — 117, or 76 percent — but more than Senator Trent Lott of Mississippi gave minority Democrats, 90 votes a year, 54 percent of the total.​

Oh Syn. Give me a break. Reid denies ammendments even to Dem co sponsored bills. There is no excuse whatsoever over what Reid is doing.

There's rumblings that Reid will not be voted in again. Everyone knows who the problem is. Libs have Reid and Cons have been stuck with McConnell. Both should be retired.

Here's a couple of great examples of Harry screwing over both parties. Look Dems are suffering as well and they aren't happy.

"Democrats such as Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota — who wants to repeal Obamacare’s medical-device tax — and Kirsten Gillibrand of New York — who has waged a highly publicized campaign to reform the way the military handles sexual-assault cases — have been denied votes on their proposed amendments to various bills.

Gillibrand had hoped to attach her sexual-assault amendment to the defense-appropriations bill that passed in December, but no amendments were allowed.

Klobuchar has called for “a more open amendment process” because she’d like a vote on repealing the medical-device tax."

Harry Reid s Obstructionism National Review Online

AND

"One of the more blatant and serious demonstrations of Democratic obstructionism arose last week as the Senate considered a bill to extend business tax credits. As recounted by The Wall Street Journal, this annual extension is normally a routine exercise in bipartisanship.

Not this year. Majority Leader Harry Reid refused to allow Republican amendments, including one that has 79 senators on record in support to repeal the Obamacare medical-device tax, the repeal of which is particularly important to San Diego.

Without the amendments, Republicans are blocking floor action on the bill.

It’s worth emphasizing that, according to the Journal, Republican leaders in the House have allowed 125 Democratic amendments to be voted on since last July, while Sen. Reid has allowed votes on only nine GOP amendments. Just who is the obstructionist?

So, the extension of the business tax credits, which also include the research and development tax credit, also of much import to San Diego, becomes the latest victim of dysfunction. But don’t blame the Republicans."

Sen. Harry Reid obstructionist in chief UTSanDiego.com
Looks to me that Reid is protecting the Affordable Care Act, which gets part of it's funding from the medical devices tax. Individual Senators are looking out for their state's interests first and foremost.

Forum List

Back