Kentucky Newspapers Endorse Alison Lundergan Grimes

False. People still believe Reagan was a great president.

Go back and look at how the country felt about him at the end of his terms. Not great at all.
I take that back. Some people do stay stupid forever. For example, Those who think Texas is landlocked, and those who think an approval rating of 63% at the end of a second term is negative.

Presidential Approval for President Reagan

It's true that Reagan is popular more than two decades after leaving office. A CNN/Opinion Research poll last month gave him the third-highest approval rating among presidents of the past 50 years, behind John F. Kennedy and Bill Clinton. But Reagan's average approval rating during the eight years that he was in office was nothing spectacular - 52.8 percent, according to Gallup. That places the 40th president not just behind Kennedy, Clinton and Dwight Eisenhower, but also Lyndon Johnson and George H.W. Bush, neither of whom are talked up as candidates for Mount Rushmore.

During his presidency, Reagan's popularity had high peaks - after the attempt on his life in 1981, for example - and huge valleys. In 1982, as the national unemployment rate spiked above 10 percent, Reagan's approval rating fell to 35 percent. At the height of the Iran-Contra scandal, nearly one-third of Americans wanted him to resign.

In the early 1990s, shortly after Reagan left office, several polls found even the much-maligned Jimmy Carter to be more popular. Only since Reagan's 1994 disclosure that he had Alzheimer's disease - along with lobbying efforts by conservatives, such as Grover Norquist's Ronald Reagan Legacy Project, which pushed to rename Washington's National Airport for the president - has his popularity steadily climbed.

Five myths about Ronald Reagan s legacy

His image was saved by disease. Be proud!
4i6Ckte.gif
Why don't you just admit you were flat-out wrong instead of producing a copy&paste. Being publicly educated is no excuse for being disingenuous.

booooo, why don't you admit you have no evidence to prove anyone is flat-out wrong when you attack them personally. If you have evidence of your allegations, post them; or forever be known as a dishonest partisan hack.
Well, in your case it was ignorance. Christine O'Donnell (the witch) did not run against your hero Harry Reid. The other idiot, Synthia, claimed that when Reagan left office he was decidedly unpopular.

You are both low-information partisan hacks who can't be bothered with or manipulate facts to conform to whatever idiotic agenda you have at the moment.

BTW,
False. People still believe Reagan was a great president.

Go back and look at how the country felt about him at the end of his terms. Not great at all.
I take that back. Some people do stay stupid forever. For example, Those who think Texas is landlocked, and those who think an approval rating of 63% at the end of a second term is negative.

It's true that Reagan is popular more than two decades after leaving office. A CNN/Opinion Research poll last month gave him the third-highest approval rating among presidents of the past 50 years, behind John F. Kennedy and Bill Clinton. But Reagan's average approval rating during the eight years that he was in office was nothing spectacular - 52.8 percent, according to Gallup. That places the 40th president not just behind Kennedy, Clinton and Dwight Eisenhower, but also Lyndon Johnson and George H.W. Bush, neither of whom are talked up as candidates for Mount Rushmore.

During his presidency, Reagan's popularity had high peaks - after the attempt on his life in 1981, for example - and huge valleys. In 1982, as the national unemployment rate spiked above 10 percent, Reagan's approval rating fell to 35 percent. At the height of the Iran-Contra scandal, nearly one-third of Americans wanted him to resign.

In the early 1990s, shortly after Reagan left office, several polls found even the much-maligned Jimmy Carter to be more popular. Only since Reagan's 1994 disclosure that he had Alzheimer's disease - along with lobbying efforts by conservatives, such as Grover Norquist's Ronald Reagan Legacy Project, which pushed to rename Washington's National Airport for the president - has his popularity steadily climbed.

4i6Ckte.gif
Why don't you just admit you were flat-out wrong instead of producing a copy&paste. Being publicly educated is no excuse for being disingenuous.

booooo, why don't you admit you have no evidence to prove anyone is flat-out wrong when you attack them personally. If you have evidence of your allegations, post them; or forever be known as a dishonest partisan hack.
Well, in your case it was ignorance. Christine O'Donnell (the witch) did not run against your hero Harry Reid. The other idiot, Synthia, claimed that when Reagan left office he was decidedly unpopular.

You are both low-information partisan hacks who can't be bothered with or manipulate facts to conform to whatever idiotic agenda you have at the moment.

Gee, I made an error, a mistake. It's not that I attempted to misrepresent a fact - for the truth of the matter is the Crazy New Right did nominate a candidate who needed to assure the world she was not a witch. Unlike asshole like you , Rabbi, CrusaderFrank and other fools, I'm willing to admit when I err. Assholes jump on errors, and FYI, there is a word in the English Language which describes such behavior, CAVIL.

Since you have no idea of the meaning, I will help educated you (if it's possible you can be educated, the jury is out on the question).

Cavil, to raise trivial and frivolous objections (done when someone has nothing of substance to offer).

4i6Ckte.gif

BTW,

4i6Ckte.gif

Gee, I made an error, a mistake. It's not that I attempted to misrepresent a fact - for the truth of the matter is the Crazy New Right did nominate a candidate who needed to assure the world she was not a witch. Unlike asshole like you , Rabbi, CrusaderFrank and other fools, I'm willing to admit when I err. Assholes jump on errors, and FYI, there is a word in the English Language which describes such behavior, CAVIL.

Since you have no idea of the meaning, I will help educated you (if it's possible you can be educated, the jury is out on the question).

Cavil, to raise trivial and frivolous objections (done when someone has nothing of substance to offer).
Reagan's leaving office with a 63% approval rating shows how unpopular he is. Stop whining and tell Synthia to admit he erred.

If you can show me where I erred, I'll admit to it. Bear in mind some or more likely to make careless mistakes than others. Btw, do you think Texas is landlocked?

4i6Ckte.gif

BTW,

4i6Ckte.gif

Reagan's leaving office with a 63% approval rating shows how unpopular he is. Stop whining and tell Synthia to admit he erred.

If you can show me where I erred, I'll admit to it. Bear in mind some or more likely to make careless mistakes than others. Btw, do you think Texas is landlocked?

Nope, having been to Galveston (among other cities in Texas) I'm fully aware Texas is not landlocked. Any other stupid questions you would like to ask?

4i6Ckte.gif

BTW,

4i6Ckte.gif

Not to be captious, but isn't the "or" in your sentence above supposed to be "are". I suppose some are more likely to make careless mistakes than others. Maybe, I judge to harshly, is English your native language (or do speak Texlish?).

BTW,

Not to be captious, but isn't the "or" in your sentence above supposed to be "are". I suppose some are more likely to make careless mistakes than others. Maybe, I judge to harshly, is English your native language (or do speak Texlish?).
I speak three languages fluently, English among them. Sorry, you come off as a dime-a-dozen hack

"[McConnell] lost his way to the point where he now is identified largely as the master of obstruction and gridlock in Washington[.]"

True.

Lie.

Harry Reid runs the Senate FYI.

Another LIE by Omission. Harry Reid sets the agenda, McConnell uses the Fillibuster to obstruct the agenda, and has done so repeatedly.

'A filibuster in the United States Senate usually refers to any dilatory or obstructive tactics used to prevent a measure from being brought to a vote."

Filibuster in the United States Senate - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

This is evidence of why I believe Mudwhistle is a liar and a partisan hack.

She's still going to lose. On the other hand, Democrats might have an outside shot in Georgia now. Nunn seems to have gotten some momentum in the last week, likely due to Perdue's asinine outsourcing remark.
So your problem is more with him ADMITTING that he's a big time outsourcer rather than him actually BEING a big time outsourcer. Got it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BTW,

I speak three languages fluently, English among them. Sorry, you come off as a dime-a-dozen hack

Please post the above personal attack in two other languages.

n-ALISON-LUNDERGAN-GRIMES-large570.jpg

Two major Kentucky newspapers have endorsed Alison Lundergan Grimes for Senate over incumbent Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R).

The Courier-Journal and the Lexington Herald-Leader both ran editorials Sunday in support of the Democrat, who currently serves as Kentucky's Secretary of State.

In its endorsement, the Courier-Journal's editorial board praised Grimes' stance on issues like the minimum wage and early childhood education, while accusing McConnell of "lacking a vision for Kentucky."

"[McConnell] lost his way to the point where he now is identified largely as the master of obstruction and gridlock in Washington," reads theendorsement. "Kentucky needs a U.S. senator who sees a higher calling than personal ambition and a greater goal than self-aggrandizement."

The endorsement also addressed Grimes' recent interview with the editorial board, during which sherepeatedly refused to say whether or not she voted for President Barack Obama in 2012.

"Ms. Grimes, to her credit, was willing to appear before this newspaper's editorial board," reads the editorial. "She did this fully aware that Mr. McConnell's campaign could — and did — seize on snippets to use in political attacks."

McConnell, the editorial board says, did not accept their invitation for a similar interview.

The Lexington Herald-Leader's endorsement strongly rebukes McConnell, who the editorial board says has "repeatedly hurt the country to advance his political strategy."

"The Senate may never recover from the bitter paralysis McConnell has inflicted through record filibusters that allow his minority to rule by obstruction," reads the editorial. "He poses as a champion of the right to criticize the government, but it's really his rich buddies' right to buy the government that he champions."

"If McConnell had a better record, he would not have to argue for six more years by obsessively linking Grimes to Obama, who will be gone in two years no matter what," the editorial continues.

More: Kentucky Newspapers Endorse Alison Lundergan Grimes

It would be better for Kentucky and the nation if Grimes can defeat McConnell. I wish her good luck.

And the Denver Post, Durango Sentinel and the Colorado Springs Ledger have all endorsed Cory Gardner, the Republican. What the hell is your point?

Last edited:

BTW,

And yet with all of your supposed education, you still make careless mistakes (and don't have the ego strength to admit it. Sad).

"[McConnell] lost his way to the point where he now is identified largely as the master of obstruction and gridlock in Washington[.]"

True.

Lie.

Another LIE by Omission. Harry Reid sets the agenda, McConnell uses the Fillibuster to obstruct the agenda, and has done so repeatedly.

'A filibuster in the United States Senate usually refers to any dilatory or obstructive tactics used to prevent a measure from being brought to a vote."

Nonsense.

Nothing gets through congress as long as Harry Reid is there and we have a divided congress. Once the GOP takes the Senate Obama will begin to see a lot of legislation that has been sitting on Harry Reid's desk for the last 4 years.

True.

Lie.

Nonsense.

Nothing gets through congress as long as Harry Reid is there and we have a divided congress. Once the GOP takes the Senate Obama will begin to see a lot of legislation that has been sitting on Harry Reid's desk for the last 4 years.

Indeed. Next Tuesday will be a day for rejoicing, indeed. Harry Reid and his bullshit tactics will be history. God save the United States of America!!

True.

Lie.

Nonsense.

Indeed. Next Tuesday will be a day for rejoicing, indeed. Harry Reid and his bullshit tactics will be history. God save the United States of America!!

I'll believe it when I see it.

Grimes said who she voted for for president in 2008 and 2012 yet?

She ashamed to admit it in public.

She's toast. Plain and simple

I don't like ole floppy-face, but he knows how to win, and right now that's important.
A vote for any Democrat is a vote for Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and Obama. Sorry but that's just how it happens. All the so called Blue Dogs turned yellow when threatened by the party and they all toed the line.

Forum List

Back