Keystone XL Fails to Pass Senate 59 - 41

It still might be
images
ed

I doubt Obama will veto it.

Note: I had to correct my math in that post. The ultimate vote will be 63 - 37.

This whining about the Keystone construction jobs only being temporary is bullshit.

EVERY construction job is temporary.

That's the nature of the work. You finish one construction job, you move on to the next one. Except the fuckwads want to prevent that next job from being there.

Who says? You act like we are incapable of creating other jobs. We can create jobs to repair bridges that are badly in need of repair. Renewable energy jobs help our economy, we can create those jobs.

At the end of the day, we will get nothing in return...we will still be purchasing oil at global market prices.

Maybe
Still trying to figure out who benefits from this potentially harmful pipeline being built. It goes to refineries in the south that already have the nickname cancer alley , and has a possibility of rupturing similar to what happened in Plymouth Arkansas except on a much larger scale. Eminent domain, which used to be used only for the public good, has been enforced on unwilling landowners. From what I've read, the end product goes on the world market anyway, so it's not likely to benefit America, a country more and more becoming an extractive economy similar to a third world country. Export resources, import manufactured goods formerly made by Americans. An export, extractive economy provides few well paid jobs but does benefit a few wealthy ones at the top. This is where America is headed.

Maybe the GOP exclaim should be, instead of "Drill Baby Drill!", it should be "Kill Baby Kill!"

This whining about the Keystone construction jobs only being temporary is bullshit.

That's the nature of the work. You finish one construction job, you move on to the next one. Except the fuckwads want to prevent that next job from being there.

Who says? You act like we are incapable of creating other jobs. We can create jobs to repair bridges that are badly in need of repair.

Those are temporary jobs, too, right? Right?

Right.

They are also paid for by taxpayers. Keystone isn't.

This was a very shallow Democrat sham. They knew their asshole President was gonna Veto it anyway. They were just trying to save Landrieu's ass in Louisiana. Hopefully, the People of Louisiana will see it for the sham it was. Hopefully, they'll boot Landrieu.

Who says? You act like we are incapable of creating other jobs. We can create jobs to repair bridges that are badly in need of repair.

Yeah.

Absolutely, but something WE WOULD BENEFIT FROM.

This was a very shallow Democrat sham. They knew their asshole President was gonna Veto it anyway. They were just trying to save Landrieu's ass in Louisiana. Hopefully, the People of Louisiana will see it for the sham it was. Hopefully, they'll boot Landrieu.

And I say good riddance if they do.

Yeah, shame on the Democrats for putting the Country through this sham. They knew their asshole President wasn't gonna support it. Just a dirty move to save Landrieu in Louisiana. I truly do hope the People of Louisiana recognize that, and give Landrieu the boot.

Right.

That's pretty much how you prevent this from happening.

75964197_10.jpg

you want my attention, buy the pipe from a steel company in Penn. not from a dothead in India.

allow land owners to LEASE their land to TransCanada, dont let our Republicans GIVE it to Canada

do SOMETHING to create some cash flow in THIS COUNTRY on a long term basis.

of course Canada is all for the pipeline, we'll give them a lifetime of free blowjobs if they build it.

just open your mouth, and close your eyes .. liking it is optional, Republicans love it.

Last edited:
There is that possibility if he is playing politics. But then there might be some give and take. Notice it was posted as "might be", or it depends on if the conservatives tie it to another energy bill.
But there is the possibility of it being Vetoed.
My personal feeling is hating how energy companies hold entire countries hostage with their political and financial power.
It is not a jealous, it is a hatred of them being so "ominpotent" to global situations.

It still might be
images
ed

I doubt Obama will veto it.

Note: I had to correct my math in that post. The ultimate vote will be 63 - 37.

In 90 days, Keystone will pass the Senate ... gloat while you can.

It will still be 59-41.....:rolleyes-41:

The next Senate won't look the same as this one. Some seats changed hands.
Of the seven seats the GOP picked up, at least one will have to be replacing a Senator who voted against the pipeline. Do you know this has happened for a fact?

Udall voted against it. He will be replaced by Gardner. Harkin voted against it. He is being replaced by Ernst. That's 61 votes now.

upload_2014-11-19_14-24-59.jpeg

In 90 days, Keystone will pass the Senate ... gloat while you can.

It will still be 59-41.....:rolleyes-41:

The next Senate won't look the same as this one. Some seats changed hands.
Of the seven seats the GOP picked up, at least one will have to be replacing a Senator who voted against the pipeline. Do you know this has happened for a fact?

Udall voted against it. He will be replaced by Gardner. Harkin voted against it. He is being replaced by Ernst. That's 61 votes now.

Obama has not indicated he will veto KXL4 Obama fast tracked Keystone Pipeline previously.

Obama has not indicated he will veto KXL4 Obama fast tracked Keystone Pipeline previously.

Well, actually, he has .... White House Suggests Obama Will Veto Keystone Bill The Blog on Obama White House Dossier

Maybe
Still trying to figure out who benefits from this potentially harmful pipeline being built. It goes to refineries in the south that already have the nickname cancer alley , and has a possibility of rupturing similar to what happened in Plymouth Arkansas except on a much larger scale. Eminent domain, which used to be used only for the public good, has been enforced on unwilling landowners. From what I've read, the end product goes on the world market anyway, so it's not likely to benefit America, a country more and more becoming an extractive economy similar to a third world country. Export resources, import manufactured goods formerly made by Americans. An export, extractive economy provides few well paid jobs but does benefit a few wealthy ones at the top. This is where America is headed.

Maybe the GOP exclaim should be, instead of "Drill Baby Drill!", it should be "Kill Baby Kill!"

wow, you've went completely off the deep end . just dumb

Maybe

You libs don't want "Infrastructure " or JOBS. you just want to spew dumb little sayings

Maybe

You libs don't want "Infrastructure " or JOBS. you just want to spew dumb little sayings

since when is a pipeline considered infrastructure ?

in·fra·struc·ture
ˈinfrəˌstrək(t)SHər/
noun
noun: infrastructure; plural noun: infrastructures
  1. the basic physical and organizational structures and facilities (e.g., buildings, roads, and power supplies) needed for the operation of a society or enterprise.
exporting oil to a global market does not fit the definition of infrastructure, nor is a pipeline needed for the operation of society.

next.

Last edited:
Maybe

since when is a pipeline considered infrastructure ?

what do you think it is? is an electrical grid infrastructure? how about hydro electric dams and solar panel farms?

of course a pipeline is infrastructure, that you would question that only shows how ignorant you really are.

Forum List

Back