Keystone XL Fails to Pass Senate 59 - 41

The vote is done. For now.

Wait until next year. Some democrats may not be as inclined to vote to end a filibuster.

But all of you are ignoring the fact that it's not the congress that approves this situation. The constitution says that the State Department and the President approve it.

So the republicans can pass all the bills they want. They mean absolutely nothing. They're violating the constitution if they try to take this out of the State Department and Obama's hands.

You really have no idea how the government works, do you.....

You must have gone to public school.

You need to read the constitution. It says that international projects that require permits has to go through the State Department and the President. They are the ones who approve it. Not the congress.

Please, show me where I'm wrong. Show me the part of the constitution that says the congress approves international projects that require permits.

If you want to debate me stop insulting me. If you can't do that then I won't read or reply to your posts.

There is nothing in the Constitution about a State Department or international projects requiring permits. And you have the nerve to tell me I'm the one who needs to read it.

Under georgie boy and dicky there were quite a large amount of money actually missing. Remember what that is about.
The money was grabbed by the rich.

That was not your statement. Read it again.".....You liberals stole $1 trillion..."
Care to figure out what you are trying to tell us.

There is seriously something wrong with your statement.

...snip...

The Right has no interest in the jobs. If they did they'd support the infrastructure bills that aren't about the pipeline.
. Infrastructure? Again? You liberals stole $1 trillion for "shovel ready" jobs for a stimulus. What happened to that money and th shovel ready jobs? Remember obama laughing there wasnt any afterall?

So don't talk to us about infrastructure. We'll fix it when we take back our White House.
Prove me wrong. That money was wasted. Where did it go?
7% of that money went to "shovel ready jobs". Where did the rest go? I have a pretty good idea, don't you?

The State Department was required to conduct an environmental assessment of the final, proposed leg of the pipeline because it will cross the U.S.-Canada border.

at this point, how could anyone be opposed to the keystone pipeline EXCEPT for political reasons?

I get so sick of that, a good idea is a good idea, who cares which party comes up with it.
Easy...we dont need it....

Yes, who the fuck needs a pipeline that will allow us to send an extra 160,000 barrels of crude a day to US refineries?

Jobs, who needs 'em (spit)
U.S. refineries are at over-capacity. We haven't built a new refinery in the U.S. in over 40 years, I believe.

at this point, how could anyone be opposed to the keystone pipeline EXCEPT for political reasons?

I get so sick of that, a good idea is a good idea, who cares which party comes up with it.
Easy...we dont need it....

Yes, who the fuck needs a pipeline that will allow us to send an extra 160,000 barrels of crude a day to US refineries?

Jobs, who needs 'em (spit)
U.S. refineries are at over-capacity. We haven't built a new refinery in the U.S. in over 40 years, I believe.

Forum List

Back