Keystone XL Fails to Pass Senate 59 - 41

^Big Oil has a way of brainwashing poor people into thinking gas will get lower if they just get their way. Just like Corporations have a way of convincing poor people they will get paid more if they just allow Corporations to get paid more.

Today, the Oil Corporations and ALL Corporations have record high profits while the American people have record low wages. But this can't happen unless the rich convince the "low educated" poor to fight for their own poverty.

You are something else. telling everyone in this country they don't know a frikken thing about anything. You're the brainwashed. BIG OIL!!!!!! as you sit on a computer that oil was used in making it. idiots all of you SHEEP

How much oil is used to make plastic?
How much oil is used to make plastic - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration EIA

^ point made.

Big Oil vs. Necessary Oil is your issue. Reminds me of Big War vs. Necessary War. But why think beyond party lines (R)ight?

...snip...

The Right has no interest in the jobs. If they did they'd support the infrastructure bills that aren't about the pipeline.
. Infrastructure? Again? You liberals stole $1 trillion for "shovel ready" jobs for a stimulus. What happened to that money and th shovel ready jobs? Remember obama laughing there wasnt any afterall?

So don't talk to us about infrastructure. We'll fix it when we take back our White House.
whats unemployment number down too...

Since NAFTA or before?

Both parties trying to blame the job loss NAFTA brought on each other when they both signed it.

^Big Oil has a way of brainwashing poor people into thinking gas will get lower if they just get their way. Just like Corporations have a way of convincing poor people they will get paid more if they just allow Corporations to get paid more.

Today, the Oil Corporations and ALL Corporations have record high profits while the American people have record low wages. But this can't happen unless the rich convince the "low educated" poor to fight for their own poverty.

You are something else. telling everyone in this country they don't know a frikken thing about anything. You're the brainwashed. BIG OIL!!!!!! as you sit on a computer that oil was used in making it. idiots all of you SHEEP

How much oil is used to make plastic - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration EIA

^ point made.

Big Oil vs. Necessary Oil is your issue. Reminds me of Big War vs. Necessary War. But why think beyond party lines (R)ight?

You're a dingbat, sorry. and brainwashed. Oil is Oil. how it's moved around in the country and who make the profits isn't something I worry about. My standard of living is what I worry about. I lived in Alaska for 15 years and there was hardly any problems with the Alaska pipeline. Someone would get drunk and shoot at it occasionally, but they have people "employed' to take care of those things.

It will still be 59-41.....:rolleyes-41:

The next Senate won't look the same as this one. Some seats changed hands.
Of the seven seats the GOP picked up, at least one will have to be replacing a Senator who voted against the pipeline. Do you know this has happened for a fact?

Udall voted against it. He will be replaced by Gardner. Harkin voted against it. He is being replaced by Ernst. That's 61 votes now.

The vote is done. For now.

Wait until next year. Some democrats may not be as inclined to vote to end a filibuster.

But all of you are ignoring the fact that it's not the congress that approves this situation. The constitution says that the State Department and the President approve it.

So the republicans can pass all the bills they want. They mean absolutely nothing. They're violating the constitution if they try to take this out of the State Department and Obama's hands.

You really have no idea how the government works, do you.....

You must have gone to public school.

I would expect better debating skills from a staff member.

Keystone Pipleine is the new Bank Bail out, the new Auto Bail out, the new Wind Energy, the new Obamacare.

ALL paid for by generous donations to politicians. Parties will select the ones they are bias to.

^ point made.

You're a dingbat, sorry. and brainwashed. Oil is Oil. how it's moved around in the country and who make the profits isn't something I worry about. My standard of living is what I worry about. I lived in Alaska for 15 years and there was hardly any problems with the Alaska pipeline. Someone would get drunk and shoot at it occasionally, but they have people "employed' to take care of those things.

Oil is oil. Oil is still needed. Oil won't be necessary in the future. <---That's what you need to learn. (though there are many types of oil, I'm speaking on basics)

Wave/Tidal Energy. Magnetic Resistance Energy. Hemp Energy. Oil will be oil. The others will end wars.

Of the seven seats the GOP picked up, at least one will have to be replacing a Senator who voted against the pipeline. Do you know this has happened for a fact?

Udall voted against it. He will be replaced by Gardner. Harkin voted against it. He is being replaced by Ernst. That's 61 votes now.

Wait until next year. Some democrats may not be as inclined to vote to end a filibuster.

But all of you are ignoring the fact that it's not the congress that approves this situation. The constitution says that the State Department and the President approve it.

So the republicans can pass all the bills they want. They mean absolutely nothing. They're violating the constitution if they try to take this out of the State Department and Obama's hands.

Yet the irony impaired far left drone proves they do not even know what a "debate" is..

^No substance on the topic. Only attack and insult.

I see no one ever challenged my post on why the Refinery can't be built near Canada instead of using a Pipeline.

I know, seems so basic.

I'm continually amazed how wrong you can be.

Congress can pass a law that forces the executive branch to implement the program. It's done all the time. It's called due constitutional process.

Please name an international project which requires permits that the congress has forced the executive branch to implement.

Why would you advocate that the congress violate the constitution?

Passing a law through congress doesn't make it anymore a law than wallpaper. The president has to actually sign it into law or the congress needs override a veto. That takes two thirds of the congress. Which means the republicans have to find something like 13 democrats to vote to override the veto. Good luck getting those democratic votes. LOL.

If you want to debate with me you need to stop insulting me. If you can't do that I will stop reading and replying to your posts.

You need to read the constitution. It says that international projects that require permits has to go through the State Department and the President. They are the ones who approve it. Not the congress.

Please, show me where I'm wrong. Show me the part of the constitution that says the congress approves international projects that require permits.

If you want to debate me stop insulting me. If you can't do that then I won't read or reply to your posts.

Wave/Tidal Energy. Magnetic Resistance Energy. Hemp Energy. Oil will be oil. The others will end wars.
if you don't know about what you're against and why. That is scary. You and wars. Wars have been fought for centuries over things. You aren't going to end them because of, OIL

if you don't know about what you're against and why. That is scary. You and wars. Wars have been fought for centuries over things. You aren't going to end them because of, OIL

^Again. The small brain on this idiot is clearly bias.

I never stated wars would end, I simply stated false wars based on easily replaceable tangible goods could end. If I wanted to end all crony wars I would attack the Military Industrial Complex, not Oil. EVEN THEN Necessary wars might happen. But the funny thing is, most Countries want Diplomacy, NOT WAR. Weird huh.

I'm continually amazed how wrong you can be.

Congress can pass a law that forces the executive branch to implement the program. It's done all the time. It's called due constitutional process.

Please name an international project which requires permits that the congress has forced the executive branch to implement.

Why would you advocate that the congress violate the constitution?

Passing a law through congress doesn't make it anymore a law than wallpaper. The president has to actually sign it into law or the congress needs override a veto. That takes two thirds of the congress. Which means the republicans have to find something like 13 democrats to vote to override the veto. Good luck getting those democratic votes. LOL.

If you want to debate with me you need to stop insulting me. If you can't do that I will stop reading and replying to your posts.

First of all ... any insult perceived from me is a direct result of your hypersensitivity, not my words.

Congress violate the constitution? Perhaps you can explain your convoluted logic.

The list of international projects directed by Congress is long and varied ... I'll give you two ... the Panama Canal was a direct result of Congressional mandate ... the second one, the fence along the southern border.

The President does nothing without funding (well, except the current president) .. The President can say all he wants about international projects, but it is the funding allocation that determines whether it happens or not. He has to ask Congress for permission. Maybe you remember that the Senate has an active role in treaty approval, etc.

Wrong!

Your post is so full of information! One word must have been hard for you to type with one finger and the other hand around a beer.

Nor do you have any proof to back up the claims you just made..

If you were truly anti-war then you would have thread after thread of Obama's illegal wars.

^ point made.

Wiki (Pipeline accidents)

From 1994 through 2013, the U.S. had 745 serious incidents with gas distribution, causing 278 fatalities and 1059 injuries, with $110,658,083 in property damage

^No substance on the topic. Only attack and insult.

That was exactly my point.

I see no one ever challenged my post on why the Refinery can't be built near Canada instead of using a Pipeline.

I know, seems so basic.

the refineries already exist. If one was built on the canadian border the product would have to be moved by train or truck. yes, its very basic, you just don't get it.

Forum List

Back