Kid Charged With A Felony For Firing A Finger Gun

This is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe he should still get a detention or even suspended for this but jail time? Give me a break!! 🙄

In my opinion it is ridiculous. Kids should be taught not to do that to police officers because it could get them shot when there isn't good vision, but people have been using 'finger guns' for fun, to make a point or whatever probably since there have been hand guns. If there is a policy against it, certainly a sharp reprimand is enough for a first offense. It shouldn't warrant suspension and it shouldn't even be a misdemeanor much less a felony.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe he should still get a detention or even suspended for this but jail time? Give me a break!! 🙄

We used to give dart guns to each other for Christmas when I was in a Conservative Mennonite Conference elementary school. That school has been in operation for over 100 years and has had absolutely zero people get shot, none. Isn't that amazing?

In my opinion it is ridiculous. Kids should be taught not to do that to police officers because it could get them shot when there isn't good vision, but people have been using 'finger guns' for fun, to make a point or whatever probably since there have been hand guns. If there is a policy against it, certainly a sharp reprimand is enough for a first offense. It shouldn't warrant suspension and it shouldn't even be a misdemeanor much less a felony.
Speaking of police officers in schools. In middle school, I was on the verge of pissing my pants. She said "you can't go to the bathroom" I said "Kiss my ass you dumb cop, I am going to bathroom lest you want me to piss on you" the police officer gave in and let me go. Even when the cop was ordered by the principal to keep me out. Road Runner didn't know the whole story. I was 11 at the time.

In middle school I done the expression mind blown and one of the teachers cried out "Bomb threat!" a minute before I used finger guns and the same teacher cried out "shooting threat!" I was suspended that day. That was in 2012. God those teachers were the woke and snowflake kind of their day.

That's stupid.

But the next year in the same school year, I was in a new middle school and there was a legitimate bomb threat. I obviously didn't do it because I was taught that it was wrong.
Anecdotal story: In 1987, I worked for a small telephone company, during which time we were served with several search warrants by the police. One of the warrants was to trace a bomb threat that was called into a school. We gave them the phone number where the call came from (a pay phone at a gas station), and the idiot kids that made the call were still hanging out at the gas station when the cops pulled up.

Anecdotal story: In 1987, I worked for a small telephone company, during which time we were served with several search warrants by the police. One of the warrants was to trace a bomb threat that was called into a school. We gave them the phone number where the call came from (a pay phone at a gas station), and the idiot kids that made the call were still hanging out at the gas station when the cops pulled up.
Those idiots must of served some hard time.

Forum List

Back