🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kids raised with no father. This may be the societal problem that we must solve (Poll)

Was your father or step-father in your household when you were growing up?

• Yes. I had the advantage of a father.

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • No. I did not have the advantage of a father.

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
No more welfare and food stamps for having bastard babies. Incentivize people to get married, stay married, and have kids, yes that includes paying them to get married and assistance for kids.

Hungary government scheme sparks marriage boom. Will babies follow?​

BUDAPEST (Reuters) - A new Hungarian government scheme to promote marriage and childbirth with subsidized loans has already helped produce a boom in weddings, though it is still too early to say whether more babies will follow.

Nationalist Prime Minister Viktor Orban has made it a priority to persuade more Hungarians to marry and have children to reverse a population decline. He has introduced a number of tax benefits and other programmes to favor families.

A big new scheme this year offers couples that marry before the bride’s 41st birthday subsidized loans of up to 10 million forints ($33,000). A third of the loan will be forgiven if they go on to have two children, and the entire debt wiped out if they have three.

The central statistics office (KSH) said there had already been a 20% surge in the number of people getting married during the first nine months of this year. The number of weddings recorded was the highest over that period since 1990.

“The family incentive programme was launched as of July 1, when various new benefits were introduced ... and a precondition is that couples have to be married. So we think this is one of the key explanations,” said Gabriella Geczy, a KSH statistician.

In September alone, 29% more couples married than in the same month last year. Hungary saw the most September weddings since 1979.

Earlier this month the government said more than 50,000 couples had so far applied for the new subsidized loans.

Whether this year’s newliweds will go on to have more babies has yet to be seen. So far, the birth rate has actually fallen slightly this year, to 1.48 babies per woman, from 1.49.

Hungary, like many other European countries, especially in the formerly communist east, is struggling with a declining birth rate. Orban’s right-wing government is fiercely opposed to immigration.
Welfare. How will ending welfare keep families together? Do you have any data to back that up?

You realize that’s never going to happen, right? Perhaps a realistic solution will be more helpful?

Welfare. How will ending welfare keep families together? Do you have any data to back that up?

You realize that’s never going to happen, right? Perhaps a realistic solution will be more helpful?
Workfare is the answer. Maintain welfare but get at least some value in return for it.

My relationship with my wife is a crucial element of what success and happiness I have in life, and of my ability to function in society.

And my parents provided a crucial model and example by their own relationship and treatment of each other, in showing me how to relate with my own wife.

DITTO.

When a person needs a gun to go to the 7-11, then he's not a "good guy". No "good guy" leave the house with a gun in his pocket and no intent to use it. Only a complete fool leaves the house with something he doesn't intend to use, if he deems it necessary.

Millions of people do that every day. People carry to the "7-11" with a gun "in their pocket" that they have no intent of using, UNLESS THEY ARE ATTACKED OR COME ACROSS AN ATTACK.

Your denial of the commonly known fact, is not rational.

Welfare food stamps free daycare for kids and all of that stuff is household income based. It encourages not getting married in the first place. If 2 adults. a husband and a wife, combine incomes often not eligible for free stuff. Keeping families together, they are not married now. This is what you get when you don't have decent Dad's in the home.

It is a problem, to be sure.

But I guess I'd have to ask this.

If a man is the type of person to walk away from his kids, would it matter if he was in the home or not?
Thats a good question

We have to change aka improve the lower class culture

Welfare food stamps free daycare for kids and all of that stuff is household income based. It encourages not getting married in the first place. If 2 adults. a husband and a wife, combine incomes often not eligible for free stuff. Keeping families together, they are not married now. This is what you get when you don't have decent Dad's in the home.

Doesn’t answer what I said.

Thanks anyway.

Why do you think people on welfare will NOT get jobs if the welfare checks run out?
It’s not a realistic solution. Republicans had control of all three branches of government and didn’t attempt to end welfare.

25m kids are being raised with no father in the household.
That is more than twice the populations of LA + NYC.
Black kids are 3x as likely not to have a dad in the house as white kids.

When I see the street criminals I can't help but wonder if a father would have made a difference.

So on Father's Day, not to criticize those who don't have the advantage of a father in the household, but just to see how those statistics work on the USMB. Was your father or step-father in your household when you were growing up?
Yes, a great father when sober otherwise not so much. But I love him and he loved me and that's what really counts. Mom the same loaded with as they say these days with'' issues''. Both made life great and lousy all through my life. And I miss them greatly.

It is a problem, to be sure.

But I guess I'd have to ask this.

If a man is the type of person to walk away from his kids, would it matter if he was in the home or not?
Probably not. But then, fatherless homes is only a symptom of the disease. The disease is what makes them not want to commit to a family.

I know that marriages falling apart is a big part of the problem.

But so do you and that's encouraging to hear hints on social reform being discussed.

The situation is fast approaching the point at which the bad guy with the gun will shoot and kill the good guy before the good guy even realizes what's about to go down!

Then what? Time to look for solutions that eliminate the bad guy's need for a gun?
Why do bad guys with guns do what they do?
Why are you talking about guns when the topic is fatherless homes?

Well, the marriage penalty needs to be removed from the tax code so that parents are not financially penalized for being productive members of society.

Then a "payback" system needs to be instituted...where a simple DNA sample is collected with every traffic citation or other brush with the criminal justice system and then on top of this a DNA sample taken from every welfare baby delivered. That way EVERY parent can actually be held financially responsible for the children they sire or mother. Including preschool and aftercare.

And on top of this....the courts need to stop giving mothers preferential treatment in custody battles. Because women have been abusing this preferential treatment for decades to get a free paycheck through paternity suits.

Forum List

Back