🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kids raised with no father. This may be the societal problem that we must solve (Poll)

Was your father or step-father in your household when you were growing up?

• Yes. I had the advantage of a father.

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • No. I did not have the advantage of a father.

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Almost 80% black make family abandonment. It’s the key elephant in the room and has been for 35 years. White guys aren’t exactly great either running at 30% but nothing like 80%
Whites problem is non supervisory adults who beg cluelessness after their teen shoots up a school. The delinquent parents should be arrested as accessory for who is under their roof.
Blacks need to put the pickle away and stop endorsing this wandering nomad lifestyle of adult men

Detaining addicts has never been tried.
If it has it was botched.
If it was botched it was deliberate.
If it was deliberate it was because it proved effective.

Cynical, I know.
It was tried, is being tried, and has/is ineffective.

You can't create another world to suit your country's failure

Nearly 300,000 people are held in state and federal prisons in the United States for drug-law violations, up from less than 25,000 in 1980.Mar 8, 2018

You know deep down that if marriages were not destroyed by all of the social justice agendas, that those who are at the top of the food chain now would be ostracized.
You think social justice agendas are killing marriages?? How exactly does that work?

It is a problem, to be sure.

But I guess I'd have to ask this.

If a man is the type of person to walk away from his kids, would it matter if he was in the home or not?
Good question.

On the other hand most fatherless kids are raised by single moms who took the kids after filing for divorce.

It was tried, is being tried, and has/is ineffective.

You can't create another world to suit your country's failure

Nearly 300,000 people are held in state and federal prisons in the United States for drug-law violations, up from less than 25,000 in 1980.Mar 8, 2018
Those are mostly dealers. We don't imprison addicts unless they've committed a crime.

All those imprisoned dealers have been replaced on the streets by other dealers.

Who will replace the paying customers if we detain them?

I never had a father.

I don't steal for a living.
I don't constantly lie to everybody.
I don't subscribe to the "gimme" "gimme" "gimme" lifestyle.
I don't expect everybody else to be paying MY bills for me.
I've worked jobs all of my adult life.
I don't rape women.
I don't attack people for no reason.
I don't shoot people walking down the street.
I don't even own a gun.
I don't live off welfare.
I don't sell drugs.
I don't do illegal drugs.
I don't even smoke.

I was never "disadvantaged" for not having a father.
I never felt "weird" or "different" because I never had a father.
I was never neglected or ignored from something because I didn't have a father.
I was never made fun of or ridiculed because I didn't have a father.
I never felt like something was missing from my life, because I didn't have a father.

Actually, I never even thought about my life without a father. And I still don't.
Even when people bring it up, I never think "what if".

In fact, I consider myself as "dodging a bullet", as the fathers I saw growing up never did anything with their kids. They worked jobs, came home, read the paper, ate dinner, watched TV and went to bed. That was basically the extent of what fathers did. I never saw any fathers at school functions. I never saw any fathers at classroom events. Never saw fathers out in public with their kids or family. Nobody ever talked about their fathers, except to say they had one.

So people telling me I am "missing out" or I am "disadvantaged" or "something is wrong with me" because I never had a father are all morons. They have NO CLUE about ME or my life.

If you had a father, fine. I didn't, and I grew up just fucking fine.
So you can take your negative presumptions and sit on them
So I’ll comment that there is way too much anger and indignation in your comments which is not indicative of you being as fine with your situation as you are proposing .

25m kids are being raised with no father in the household.
That is more than twice the populations of LA + NYC.
Black kids are 3x as likely not to have a dad in the house as white kids.

When I see the street criminals I can't help but wonder if a father would have made a difference.

So on Father's Day, not to criticize those who don't have the advantage of a father in the household, but just to see how those statistics work on the USMB. Was your father or step-father in your household when you were growing up?

My father was a very good man. Both my parents, were very good people.

I'd like to believe that I am of intrinsically good character, and would have grown up to be a good man no matter what my upbringing was like, but especially as I look back from this late in my life, I have to say that my upbringing surely made all the difference. What my father taught, me, the examples that he set for me, how he showed me how to be a man. With some of the internal issues that I do have, it is not at all difficult to see how, without the right upbringing, I might very well have turned out not nearly so well as I have. I don't know that I would have turned out to be a criminal, a drug addict, or some other sort of major failure as a human being, but I certainly have turned out much better than I would have turned out if I had not had the good parenting that I had.

To me, the connection is very obvious between the decline of the nuclear family as the foundation of our society, and many of the serious ills now plaguing our society.

It is a problem, to be sure.

But I guess I'd have to ask this.

If a man is the type of person to walk away from his kids, would it matter if he was in the home or not?
Many times the man has no choice. Over 80 percent of all divorces are initiated by the women. Women typically get custody. The Man is lucky to get to see his kids over the week end. Try hanging out in the ex wives house. You will end up in jail. Yes not having dad at home is a major problem. One that needs to be solved.

Those are mostly dealers. We don't imprison addicts unless they've committed a crime.

All those imprisoned dealers have been replaced on the streets by other dealers.

Who will replace the paying customers if we detain them?
I'm happy with your acknowledgment of the facts, despite your attempt to brush it off.

Time to look for solutions that eliminate the bad guy's need for a gun?

Fixed it for you.

The problem is not what a bad guy has or needs or thinks it needs. The problem is the bad guy itself—the very existence of a subhuman creature that is willing to unjustly harm human beings, or violate the rights of human beings, for its own selfish purposes.

Many times the man has no choice. Over 80 percent of all divorces are initiated by the women. Women typically get custody. The Man is lucky to get to see his kids over the week end. Try hanging out in the ex wives house. You will end up in jail. Yes not having dad at home is a major problem. One that needs to be solved.
Just having some Americans acknowledging the problem is a step forward.

Frustration over the many problems created by bad government has to eventually lead to some people becoming interested enough to take meaningful action.

America's acceptance of fascism isn't going to fix anything!

Normal isn't an advantage. I take offense that it would be considered as such. The liberal desire for fatherless homes is by design, it is not so much a disadvantage as it is a step in their agenda to hand all kids over to the state.

Fixed it for you.

The problem is not what a bad guy has or needs or thinks it needs. The problem is the bad guy itself—the very existence of a subhuman creature that is willing to unjustly harm human beings, or violate the rights of human beings, for its own selfish purposes.
I can't really disagree with that Bob. I'm really just saying that if the supposed good guys with guns start out with vigilante justice, it will result in the supposed bad guys becoming more proactive.

For example, the bad guy goes into a 7-11 and murders the clerk and a customer or two before even attempting to rob the store.

With the possibility of a customer and/or the clerk having a gun, the bad guy with the guns will not take chances by hesitating to commit murder.

So you see Bob, more guns in the hands of the supposed good guys just becomes a slippery slope!

And really fwiw, that has already started to happen!

Christians will be interpreting this as the sign of end times. Unfortunately, for all Americans, this isn't going to end!

Single parenting has been funded and supported by the American Government to the point that half of all births are paid for by the government and half the babies are fed by the government.

Which is why we have so much of them.

Single parent families make up half of the American families.

That is not good.
Because Single parent families dominate the ranks of the poorest members of a society....and have for thousands of years. They are the ones preyed upon by every sort of two bit thug, predator, and narcissist our society has to offer.

Something has to give.

I can't really disagree with that Bob. I'm really just saying that if the supposed good guys with guns start out with vigilante justice, it will result in the supposed bad guys becoming more proactive.

For example, the bad guy goes into a 7-11 and murders the clerk and a customer or two before even attempting to rob the store.

With the possibility of a customer and/or the clerk having a gun, the bad guy with the guns will not take chances by hesitating to commit murder.

So you see Bob, more guns in the hands of the supposed good guys just becomes a slippery slope!

And really fwiw, that has already started to happen!

Christians will be interpreting this as the sign of end times. Unfortunately, for all Americans, this isn't going to end!

If more good guys are carrying guns, then the incident won't happen very many times as you describe, before the bad guys realize from the examples they see, that going in to rob a 7-11, means that they'll just end up killing and dying for nothing.

It does no good to commit a robbery, if one doesn't survive to enjoy the spoils thereof. I think even a criminal has enough capacity to understand this much, at least after it sees it happen a few times.

If more good guys are carrying guns, then the incident won't happen very many times as you describe, before the bad guys realize from the examples they see, that going in to rob a 7-11, means that they'll just end up killing and dying for nothing.
You're trying to conveniently miss the point that the bad guy with the gun isn't a bad guy until he pulls his gun out of his pocket and kills the good guy with a gun with a bullet to the back of the head. I'm really just saying that will become even more the practice.

The issue is Bob, the guy with the gun is a good guy in the 7-11 buying a magazine, until he becomes a murdering bad guy.
It does no good to commit a robbery, if one doesn't survive to enjoy the spoils thereof.
Yes exactly, and that's th reason why the bad buy needs to take care of business before he robs the store.
I think even a criminal has enough capacity to understand this much, at least after it sees it happen a few times.
Yes again, and the reason why he shoots first and robs next. As is already the safer practice.

For example Bob, if I was to rob a store, I would put a bullet in the back of your head if you were a customer who could interfere with my business. And no quickdraw is faster than a speeding bullet!

Do we really have anything on which to disagree? I think not and so I'll leave it with you now.

So liberals believe fatherless children tend to get into more trouble.

Their universal answer ought to actually work in this case!

Abortion. There are no legal impediments to late term abortions and certainly 16-19 qualifies as "late".

So just as soon a child becomes fatherless (due to death, divorce or defection to Democrat) abort it.
Mandatory, though, that the parts be sold to keep the campaign funds chock-a-block!

So liberals believe fatherless children tend to get into more trouble.

Their universal answer ought to actually work in this case!

Abortion. There are no legal impediments to late term abortions and certainly 16-19 qualifies as "late".

So just as soon a child becomes fatherless (due to death, divorce or defection to Democrat) abort it.
Mandatory, though, that the parts be sold to keep the campaign funds chock-a-block!
There are no legal impediments to an abortion that is necessary to save a woman's life.

Except in America.

Forum List

Back