Killing the 1% Golden Goose

It is easy. It is not vacationing in Rome, but if one actually wants to - one can accommodate that as well.

In 8 states the amount of welfare paid is higher than teacher's salary.

Just this alone should be pretty telling.

And, contrary to the popular myth, the vast majority of those on the government dole are not doing nothing.
They are working - for cash only.

The problem of the shadow economy - that is what is actually looming behind the government on steroids.

lol, I am not interested in arguing about the lies you have been fed.

What you really don't seem to get though is that government aid is not the problem, it is a symptom of a problem in the labor market.

It is easy. It is not vacationing in Rome, but if one actually wants to - one can accommodate that as well.

In 8 states the amount of welfare paid is higher than teacher's salary.

Just this alone should be pretty telling.

And, contrary to the popular myth, the vast majority of those on the government dole are not doing nothing.
They are working - for cash only.

The problem of the shadow economy - that is what is actually looming behind the government on steroids.

lol, I am not interested in arguing about the lies you have been fed.

What you really don't seem to get though is that government aid is not the problem, it is a symptom of a problem in the labor market.

dumbo, I lived through those who were milking the government cow and working on a side for cash. I could have done that, too. I know everything about fake SSI, TANF and 8th program ;)

But i was an idiot and decided to take my exams instead :lol:

dumbo, I lived through those who were milking the government cow and working on a side for cash. I could have done that, too. I know everything about fake SSI, TANF and 8th program ;)

I am sorry I didn't mean to argue that people don't commit fraud. I am all for hearing about ways to reduce fraud.

Now how about you try and backup the lies you told.

I am sorry I didn't mean to argue that people don't commit fraud. I am all for hearing about ways to reduce fraud.

Now how about you try and backup the lies you told.

:cuckoo:

a leftard. which contradicts his one statement by the next one - a proof he is an idiot.

But that is nothing new under the sun.
one more parroting mouthpiece.

oh well :rolleyes:

The Golden Goose is the middle class and the upper middle class. 1% is an arbitrary number for the most part but the major reason the US can have so much wealth isn't because of the people who own that wealth but the people who produce above and beyond their compensation.

true, but more and more are scratching their heads and thinking - why do I need to do this - for WHAT? so the bum in the next neighborhood can do nothing for all his/her life?

Absolutely. As time goes on more and more good Democrats (there are some) will see more of their hard earned money being confiscated to help pay for the losers who simply work the system to "earn" as much as they can.

American_Jihad opines in Killing the 1% Golden Goose

I think he favors Benito Mussolini...

Then you, sir need to open a history book and READ WHAT MUSSOLINI said.

You are ignorant and apparently proud of that fact, too.

American_Jihad opines in Killing the 1% Golden Goose

Then you, sir need to open a history book and READ WHAT MUSSOLINI said.

You are ignorant and apparently proud of that fact, too.

FIXED to accommodate liberals...:lol:

I think he looks like Benito Mussolini, now wtf are you going to do...:eusa_shifty:

fr.jpg
Benito-Mussolini-007.jpg

January 14, 2014 by Daniel Greenfield

Two years before Occupy Wall Street’s band of radical grad students set up their tents and cardboard signs in Zuccotti Park, Mayor Bloomberg warned the City Council against frivolous tax hikes. “One percent of the households that file in this city pay something like 50% of the taxes. In the city, that’s something like 40,000 people. If a handful left, any raise would make it revenue neutral.”

And then the 1 percent became the target of the left’s answer to the Tea Party. It wasn’t unusual to see bus riders wearing “We Are the 99%” buttons the way they had once carried I Heart New York bags.

New York City now has a radical leftist in Gracie Mansion, Bill de Blasio, a radical leftist City Council speaker, Melissa Mark-Viverito, and a radical leftist public advocate, Letitia James. The city is now run by the Working Families Party/ACORN and tax hikes will be used to finance generous payoffs to unions.

But the unions who rigged this election may never see those payoffs. New York City’s unfunded pensions are estimated as being as high as $136 billion. The crash may only be four years away.

Drive away the rich, destroy the middle class and all you’re left with is Detroit. 8 million New Yorkers depend on 40,000 millionaires and billionaires. The same California voters who supported Proposition 30 depend on the taxes of the very people they are taxing into leaving.

Wealth is not a crime and it is not redistributable. Money can be taken and put into a common pot, but the ability to perpetuate it through wealth cannot. That is a skill like any other and the practitioners of that skill are the only reason that the Jerry Browns and the Bill de Blasios have any money to play with.

The only thing separating Bill de Blasio from Detroit’s former mayor Dave Bing are those 40,000 of the 1 percent and if he kills the golden goose, the only egg will be on his face.

Killing the 1% Golden Goose | FrontPage Magazine

Why am I not surprised this article doesn't include the statistic that really matters? 1% of the population owns 40% of the nation's wealth despite the fact the lower classes are responsible for the large majority of productivity in the work force. As successful as capitalism is, it has a fatal flaw if the wealthy's power goes unchecked.

Trust me I am totally okay with the concept of a CEO making much more money than a low level employee. I understand the importance of the wealthy class. But 1% of the population controlling 40% of the wealth? That is completely outrageous.

The Golden Goose is the middle class and the upper middle class. 1% is an arbitrary number for the most part but the major reason the US can have so much wealth isn't because of the people who own that wealth but the people who produce above and beyond their compensation.

true, but more and more are scratching their heads and thinking - why do I need to do this - for WHAT? so the bum in the next neighborhood can do nothing for all his/her life?

It is not the bum in the neighborhood that is the problem, it is the bum in the mansion that is destroying the middle class.

fr.jpg
Benito-Mussolini-007.jpg

Two years before Occupy Wall Street’s band of radical grad students set up their tents and cardboard signs in Zuccotti Park, Mayor Bloomberg warned the City Council against frivolous tax hikes. “One percent of the households that file in this city pay something like 50% of the taxes. In the city, that’s something like 40,000 people. If a handful left, any raise would make it revenue neutral.”

And then the 1 percent became the target of the left’s answer to the Tea Party. It wasn’t unusual to see bus riders wearing “We Are the 99%” buttons the way they had once carried I Heart New York bags.

New York City now has a radical leftist in Gracie Mansion, Bill de Blasio, a radical leftist City Council speaker, Melissa Mark-Viverito, and a radical leftist public advocate, Letitia James. The city is now run by the Working Families Party/ACORN and tax hikes will be used to finance generous payoffs to unions.

But the unions who rigged this election may never see those payoffs. New York City’s unfunded pensions are estimated as being as high as $136 billion. The crash may only be four years away.

Drive away the rich, destroy the middle class and all you’re left with is Detroit. 8 million New Yorkers depend on 40,000 millionaires and billionaires. The same California voters who supported Proposition 30 depend on the taxes of the very people they are taxing into leaving.

Wealth is not a crime and it is not redistributable. Money can be taken and put into a common pot, but the ability to perpetuate it through wealth cannot. That is a skill like any other and the practitioners of that skill are the only reason that the Jerry Browns and the Bill de Blasios have any money to play with.

The only thing separating Bill de Blasio from Detroit’s former mayor Dave Bing are those 40,000 of the 1 percent and if he kills the golden goose, the only egg will be on his face.

Why am I not surprised this article doesn't include the statistic that really matters? 1% of the population owns 40% of the nation's wealth despite the fact the lower classes are responsible for the large majority of productivity in the work force. As successful as capitalism is, it has a fatal flaw if the wealthy's power goes unchecked.

Trust me I am totally okay with the concept of a CEO making much more money than a low level employee. I understand the importance of the wealthy class. But 1% of the population controlling 40% of the wealth? That is completely outrageous.

40%?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMhvYeQPOcE]Wealth Distribution in the USA - SHOCKING! - YouTube[/ame]

Most of the 1% in NYC make their money in capital gains, which is taxed at a lower rate than middle class wage earners. Ayn Rand propaganda about losing the producers made sense in the 40s, but today we live in a world where the Koch brothers, just two men, can afford to fund entire election cycles... and one hedge fund manager makes more money than all the teachers in NYC combined. Our problem is that we have a distribution system where all the money is stuck on top - indeed, our suppliers are sitting on unprecedented levels of cash - but they can't invest it in the real economy because people on the bottom don't have enough money to buy what is produced - so, as a result, our producers have to manufacture asset bubbles in order to reinvest their surplus into "growth vehicles". This is why so much of the Bush tax cuts flooded into Housing and its ponzi securities and derivatives.

Rather than merely taking care of the suppliers (as we have since 1980), we need to incentivize demand as well - we need consumers who make enough money to buy what they capitalist produces.

Giving the wealthy additional tax incentives (more money) won't change the fact that neoliberalism, globalization and the politics of austerity have driven down wages to the point where workers cannot buy what they produce in sufficient volume to warrant an increase in production. Until the consumer is whole again, it will be more profitable for corporations to sit on cash.

Our largest employer, Walmart, doesn't pay workers enough in wages and benefits to buy stuff. They can barely survive. Henry Ford, one of our greatest capitalists, believed that workers needed to make enough money to buy what they produce. In 1980, with the election of Reagan, we decided to ignore that logic. We drove down wages in order to lower the cost of production so as to incentivize investment, and we expanded credit to the non-wealthy, who have spent the last 30 years going deeper and deeper into debt. This credit orgy gave us a temporary boom, but consumer debt levels have finally come home to roost.

You wrote: "make their money in capital gains, which is taxed at a lower rate than middle class wage " WRONG!!!
First where are your FACTS they are taxed at a lower rate?

HOW does one get capital gains? Answer dummy... BY investing money left over after paying ordinary income taxes.. double taxation in other words!
Dividends are also double taxed. Taxed at the corporate level and then when shareholder receives dividends TAXED again as ordinary income.

It is not the bum in the neighborhood that is the problem, it is the bum in the mansion that is destroying the middle class.

How is anyone living in a mansion destroying America? He's not a "bum," BTW. Most people living in mansions work their tails off. The "bums" are all getting checks from the government.

fr.jpg
Benito-Mussolini-007.jpg

Choking the goose to the point that all it produces is shit. We are already there.

Damn! Every time I've been hired to do a job, I made an agreement with the enployer about how much I would be paid.

Is there a name for this economic theory where protecting the golden goose is beneficial?

We want a sane and easy to understand economic frame work to promote business formation. Businesses depend on supply and demand and have to make a profit.

We don't want to kill businesses as we're helping expand the middle class.

fr.jpg
Benito-Mussolini-007.jpg

If 1% of the population does control 40% of the wealth, what do you propose that the government do about that?

Wealth is not taxable, so the only alternative I see is to forcibly take the assets of the 1% and distribute them to the general public.

Forum List

Back