"Knockout"... Tell me why these aren't Hate Crimes?...

Only Dante never said blacks commit crime because of poverty.

Poor racist bigots. Can't grasp the fundamentals

My mistake, too Dante. You said "Poverty was a contributor to dome types of crime" or such, I believe.

Black communities are living in closer quarters usually, too.

Later in response I wrote poverty is a contributor to some types of crime. People who are hungry or desperate find creative ways that skirt and break laws. Dante never said blacks commit more crime because of black poverty

People who are living in depressed areas do not have access to basketball, baseball leagues and other outlets that children in other neighborhoods do. Unfortunately the parents are not the type that encourage boy scouts, sports, they are often in crisis living themselves so the children are not a priority where they are in suburbia.

My mistake, too Dante. You said "Poverty was a contributor to dome types of crime" or such, I believe.

Later in response I wrote poverty is a contributor to some types of crime. People who are hungry or desperate find creative ways that skirt and break laws. Dante never said blacks commit more crime because of black poverty

People who are living in depressed areas do not have access to basketball, baseball leagues and other outlets that children in other neighborhoods do. Unfortunately the parents are not the type that encourage boy scouts, sports, they are often in crisis living themselves so the children are not a priority where they are in suburbia.

That's it, blacks aren't getting enough money from the government. We can fight crime, one basketball hoop at a time!

Does that mean more fun knock out games and such in the future?

Most of the people targeted voted for the Knockout games anyways concerning the stats so what does it matter?

Why so focused on race? Do you actually live in a neighborhood of blacks?

If not, why so scared of them?

Wow, an S! Not a circle, not a line! But it's a Pisswhistle nonetheless!

That's it, blacks aren't getting enough money from the government. We can fight crime, one basketball hoop at a time!

I didn't say getting anything from the government, I just stated the fact of the case. You probably grew up differently and so did I, but kids in the inner city depend on each other for their outlet and fun. Peer groups are more important than family there.

Rural America and the suburbs are as different as rural America and urban America.

---

The melting pot of America is unlike anywhere else until recently. Other nations have taken in refugees in numbers that are changing their cultures. They now have many of the issues that were sort of unique to our culture.

The world is going through one of it's transitional periods and growth is always painful. America has a rich and current history of dealing with the pan of growth. One issue that will never get resolved fully in our lifetimes is the race issue.

Race is difficult for too many people. I live with many blacks and other minorities and mostly speak openly in ways that make people uncomfortable. I take them at their word when they say they want honesty and openness. I try to be respectful while not being made to feel like I cannot express my own prejudices and biases

Racism and prejudice: two very different horses of different colors :redface:

I didn't say getting anything from the government, I just stated the fact of the case. You probably grew up differently and so did I, but kids in the inner city depend on each other for their outlet and fun. Peer groups are more important than family there.

Facts of urban life? On an academic scale that is an abused reality...

Rural America and the suburbs are as different as rural America and urban America.

---

The melting pot of America is unlike anywhere else until recently. Other nations have taken in refugees in numbers that are changing their cultures. They now have many of the issues that were sort of unique to our culture.

The world is going through one of it's transitional periods and growth is always painful. America has a rich and current history of dealing with the pan of growth. One issue that will never get resolved fully in our lifetimes is the race issue.

Race is difficult for too many people. I live with many blacks and other minorities and mostly speak openly in ways that make people uncomfortable. I take them at their word when they say they want honesty and openness. I try to be respectful while not being made to feel like I cannot express my own prejudices and biases

So you a suburban gangsta?

Jesus, you don't even rate 'pseudo-intellectual' on usmb. :doubt:

---

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hardly. suburban? Dante? :laugh2:

go away

Jesus, you don't even rate 'pseudo-intellectual' on usmb. :doubt:

I don't give a fuck about "USMB" if you haven't gathered by now...

---

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hardly. suburban? Dante? :laugh2:

go away

Not for you;)

---

Is racism just a more extreme prejudice? Please explain that to me.

---

Prejudices are what we use to form opinions and how we view people. Nothing inherently wrong with that. I can not like people yet be civil and tolerant of them. I could despise or hate people (Dante rarely ever goes there) and still allow we mutually exist, but racism? It goes beyond a prejudice.

For one viewing others by a racial category and treating them a certain way because of it...think Jim Crow, and Apartheid, and Laws for Jews in Nazi Germany.

There are tomes on what constitutes racism, many of which I think veer off into gobbly gook ( :eek: ), and I will not write yet another one. They exist out there

---

Prejudices are what we use to form opinions and how we view people. Nothing inherently wrong with that. I can not like people yet be civil and tolerant of them. I could despise or hate people (Dante rarely ever goes there) and still allow we mutually exist, but racism? It goes beyond a prejudice.

For one viewing others by a racial category and treating them a certain way because of it...think Jim Crow, and Apartheid, and Laws for Jews in Nazi Germany.

There are tomes on what constitutes racism, many of which I think veer off into gobbly gook ( :eek: ), and I will not write yet another one. They exist out there

Your not smoking crack in Toronto are you??? Cus now you're just getting gabby!

Dante is a liberal. He does not treat individuals as if they are part of a group, unless that is how they present themselves. He gives everyone a fair and open opportunity, in spite of his prejudices, to be treated with respect and tolerance. But he is a quick study and do esnot suffer fools gladly or easily,

Progressives never met a group they can't and won't categorize. They can and do treat individuals based on categories. It is very un-liberal like. :lol:

Conservatives? Not bad, but like the reactionary right has silenced most of them. I like and respect and have always had friends and acquaintances who were true blue conservatives.

Play with them fingir cut game . Cut their one finger when they knock someone for no reason , if they continue to play knockout game , then cut their one hand . If still they continue , execute them .

---

Okay, lets go about this in a different manner...

I think I get your general point but using the most extreme forms of "categorization" to back a badly expressed point is worse than complaining about your hemorrhoids to strangers...

Play with them fingir cut game . Cut their one finger when they knock someone for no reason , if they continue to play knockout game , then cut their one hand . If still they continue , execute them .

and circumcise women and make them wear veils? get rid of them on boards with men discussing things? No pc whines from beatches like you?

yeah baby!

Forum List

Back