Know Why The Left Hides History?

You go on and on...but the FACT is that Wallace left the Democrats in 1968 because they rejected his racist stand....others left to join the Republicans that welcomed them with open arms.....Yes, Wallace went back to being a Democrat where he won the governorship of racist Alabama (the same state that just almost elected a racist pedophile for Senator)...but was AGAIN rejected for national office in 1972 by....you guessed it...the Democrats.

Interesting read, btw: Dixie's Long Journey From Democratic Stronghold To Republican Redoubt

"....but the FACT is that Wallace left the Democrats in 1968 because they rejected his racist stand..."

Nonsense.

Self-serving nonsense, the spew of folks who have been tricked into supporting the party of Jefferson Davis, the Klan, and life-long racists such as Bill Clinton.

The Democrat Party is the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship.
Absolute truth.....but you know that already.....remember, you didn't even KNOW that Wallace was not running as a Democrat in 1968. I had to point that out to you. :lol:

"Ex: [DEMOCRAT] Schneiderman called me ‘brown slave,’ slapped me until I called him ‘Master’
050718-tanya-schneiderman-feature.jpg

[Democrat] State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman called his Sri Lankan girlfriend his “brown slave” and wanted her to refer to him as “Master,” the woman says.
...and he’d slap me until I did,” Selvaratnam said.

“He started calling me his ‘brown slave’ and demanding that I repeat that I was ‘his property.’”
https://nypost.com/2018/05/07/ex-sc...lave-would-slap-me-until-i-called-him-master/

The Democrat Party has always ....ALWAYS.....been the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship.
So which political party do Blacks vote for today Democratic or Republican? And just as important how come the party of Lincoln seems ashamed to mention Lincoln?

A primer, and a challenge, for you: The Democrat Party-

The party that proves Lord Acton’s adage: Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

1. The Democrats are, and have always been, the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship, the party that stood in schoolhouse doors to block black school children….until Republicans sent in the 101st airborne.

2. It is the party of Jefferson Davis, the KKK, Planned Parenthood, concentration camps for American citizens, and restrictions on free speech.

3. It is the party of Mao ornaments on the White House Christmas tree, and of James Hodgkinson, and of Communist Bernie Sanders, of pretend genders.

4. The Democrat Party is the oldest racist organization in America, the trail of tears, the author of Jim Crow and the bigotry of low expectations, filibustered against women getting the vote and killed every anti-lynching bill to get to Congress

5. The Democrat Party is the number one funder of the Islamic Revolution in Tehran….to the tune of $100 billion to the Ayatollahs….and gave Hezbollah the go-ahead to sell cocaine in America.

6. It is the party of anti-Semitism and Louis Farrakhan, and of the first Cabinet member ever to be held in contempt of Congress.

7. It is the party that admits its future depends on flooding the country with illegal aliens, and telling them to vote.

8. It is the party that couldn't suck up to the Castro Brothers enough, and treats the Bill of Rights like a Chinese menu..

9. The Democrats got us into the Civil War…Jefferson Davis .... Woodrow Wilson, WWI….FDR, WWII……Truman, Korean War….VietNam, JFK and LBJ…..yet they want to weaken our military.

10. The Democrats are the party that looks at the mayhem their gun laws have produced in Chicago, ……and this is their model for the nation.

I challenge you to find any errors in the above....

You go on and on...but the FACT is that Wallace left the Democrats in 1968 because they rejected his racist stand....others left to join the Republicans that welcomed them with open arms.....Yes, Wallace went back to being a Democrat where he won the governorship of racist Alabama (the same state that just almost elected a racist pedophile for Senator)...but was AGAIN rejected for national office in 1972 by....you guessed it...the Democrats.

Interesting read, btw: Dixie's Long Journey From Democratic Stronghold To Republican Redoubt

"....but the FACT is that Wallace left the Democrats in 1968 because they rejected his racist stand..."

Nonsense.

Self-serving nonsense, the spew of folks who have been tricked into supporting the party of Jefferson Davis, the Klan, and life-long racists such as Bill Clinton.

The Democrat Party is the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship.
Absolute truth.....but you know that already.....remember, you didn't even KNOW that Wallace was not running as a Democrat in 1968. I had to point that out to you. :lol:

"Ex: [DEMOCRAT] Schneiderman called me ‘brown slave,’ slapped me until I called him ‘Master’

[Democrat] State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman called his Sri Lankan girlfriend his “brown slave” and wanted her to refer to him as “Master,” the woman says.

“He started calling me his ‘brown slave’ and demanding that I repeat that I was ‘his property.’”
https://nypost.com/2018/05/07/ex-sc...lave-would-slap-me-until-i-called-him-master/

The Democrat Party has always ....ALWAYS.....been the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship.
So which political party do Blacks vote for today Democratic or Republican? And just as important how come the party of Lincoln seems ashamed to mention Lincoln?

The party that proves Lord Acton’s adage: Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

1. The Democrats are, and have always been, the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship, the party that stood in schoolhouse doors to block black school children….until Republicans sent in the 101st airborne.

2. It is the party of Jefferson Davis, the KKK, Planned Parenthood, concentration camps for American citizens, and restrictions on free speech.

3. It is the party of Mao ornaments on the White House Christmas tree, and of James Hodgkinson, and of Communist Bernie Sanders, of pretend genders.

4. The Democrat Party is the oldest racist organization in America, the trail of tears, the author of Jim Crow and the bigotry of low expectations, filibustered against women getting the vote and killed every anti-lynching bill to get to Congress

5. The Democrat Party is the number one funder of the Islamic Revolution in Tehran….to the tune of $100 billion to the Ayatollahs….and gave Hezbollah the go-ahead to sell cocaine in America.

6. It is the party of anti-Semitism and Louis Farrakhan, and of the first Cabinet member ever to be held in contempt of Congress.

7. It is the party that admits its future depends on flooding the country with illegal aliens, and telling them to vote.

8. It is the party that couldn't suck up to the Castro Brothers enough, and treats the Bill of Rights like a Chinese menu..

9. The Democrats got us into the Civil War…Jefferson Davis .... Woodrow Wilson, WWI….FDR, WWII……Truman, Korean War….VietNam, JFK and LBJ…..yet they want to weaken our military.

10. The Democrats are the party that looks at the mayhem their gun laws have produced in Chicago, ……and this is their model for the nation.

Still haven't figured out how to use history but it's not hidden so keep trying. In number ten. the mayhem in Chicago with guns was produced by booze and prohibition not their gun laws. And where is it written that Chicago's gun laws are the model for the nation?

Last edited:

Nonsense.

Still haven't figured out how to use history but it's not hidden so keep trying. In number ten. the mayhem in Chicago with guns was produced by booze and prohibition not their gun laws. And where is it written that Chicago's gun laws are the model for the nation?

So you agree with #1-9.....but keep supporting that party......

Seems like a worthy epitaph for you.

Again???

No prob.....

Of course I don't agree with one to nine, I simply don't want to spend time on nonsense-history

Of course I don't agree with one to nine, I simply don't want to spend time on nonsense-history

How can it be nonsense, if every one is true?

The waterfall of misinformation in this thread makes my head hurt.

I will say that the switch between old school Conservative Southern Democrats to the Republican Party is a real thing. It didn't happen quickly, with about 1/3 of the old codgers in the House and almost 1/2 in the Senate having either died, retired, lost, or party-switched between 1956 and 1972, and the trend continuing through the 1970s and even into the 1980s. Trying to hang the millstone of what Conservative Southerners did 150 years ago around the neck of the modern Democratic party does nothing but show a complete lack of understanding of our two-party system and American history in general.

The best simple way to understand it all is to try making all of the same statements, except using the terms "Conservative" and "Liberal" instead of party names, then judge who was responsible for what.

I will say that the switch between old school Conservative Southern Democrats to the Republican Party is a real thing. It didn't happen quickly, with about 1/3 of the old codgers in the House and almost 1/2 in the Senate having either died, retired, lost, or party-switched between 1956 and 1972, and the trend continuing through the 1970s and even into the 1980s. Trying to hang the millstone of what Conservative Southerners did 150 years ago around the neck of the modern Democratic party does nothing but show a complete lack of understanding of our two-party system and American history in general.

The best simple way to understand it all is to try making all of the same statements, except using the terms "Conservative" and "Liberal" instead of party names, then judge who was responsible for what.
So tell us how someone got all of the Republicans to then switch over to the Dumbocrats. :laugh:

I mean, if your absurd version of history were true, the Republican Party would make up 98% of the population and the Dumbocrats would be about 2%.

In the South, I assume you mean. Any black Republicans were, of course, willing to embrace the Democrats due to Civil Rights, along with any sympathetic non-blacks. Also, in the post-war years, building projects lured a lot of northern Liberals down from the north for the building projects, and they brought their Liberalism with them; the shift happened more quickly and drastically in states that were awarded a lot of federal projects for that reason.

In the South, I assume you mean. Any black Republicans were, of course, willing to embrace the Democrats due to Civil Rights, along with any sympathetic non-blacks. Also, in the post-war years, building projects lured a lot of northern Liberals down from the north for the building projects, and they brought their Liberalism with them; the shift happened more quickly and drastically in states that were awarded a lot of federal projects for that reason.
No...in America I mean. If all of these racist Democrats suddenly magically switched parties to the Republicans, then we would have a ONE party system in America.

Your revisionist history is beyond asinine and absurd. Republicans ended slavery and lead the Civil Rights movement. So why the fuck would all of those racist Dumbocrats switch over to the Republican Party??? And how the fuck did you get all of the original Republicans to then agree to switch over to the Democrat Part??? :eusa_doh:

Simple enough to prove you an idiot.

Let's take the man who, until recently agreed to be a rapist, was the personification of the Democrat Party.....Bill Clinton.

This Democrat paragon has been a racist his whole life.

Let's check.

1. Just like the Democrat Party.....

a. Governor Clinton was among three state officials the NAACP sued in 1989 under the federal Voting Rights Act of 1965. “Plaintiffs offered plenty of proof of monolithic voting along racial lines, intimidation of black voters and candidates and other official acts that made voting harder for blacks,” the Arkansas Gazette reported December 6, 1989.

b. Bill Clinton had a Confederate flag-like issue, every year he was governor: 1979-1992 Arkansas Code Annotated, Section 1-5-107, provides as follows:

(a) The Saturday immediately preceding Easter Sunday of each year is designated as ‘Confederate Flag Day’ in this state.

(b) No person, firm, or corporation shall display an Confederate flag or replica thereof in connection with any advertisement of any commercial enterprise, or in any manner for any purpose except to honor the Confederate States of America. [Emphasis added.]

(c) Any person, firm, or corporation violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be fined not less than one hundred dollars ($100) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000).

Bill Clinton took no steps during his twelve years as governor to repeal this law.
    Hillary Clinton's Confederacy Hypocrisy | The Gateway Pundit
Hillary Clinton's Confederacy Hypocrisy

[Let's Stop Pretending the Confederate Flag Isn't a Symbol of RacismJust to refresh everyone's memories, we're talking about the official national flag that was used to represent the Confederate States of America during the Civil War. You know, that awkward time period when the South was vehemently fighting to keep slavery around as a means of economic prosperity for white plantation owners.

I've heard arguments time and again about how the Confederate flag is no longer representative of slavery, and how it's now indicative of "Southern pride and heritage." But I'm really over the whole "respect your heritage" mantra, especially when your heritage is hate.

Let's Stop Pretending the Confederate Flag Isn't a Symbol of Racism | HuffPost]
upload_2018-6-2_7-5-16.jpeg

Gee....'til 1992,....

1. Governor Clinton invited Orval Faubus to his inauguration and they exchanged an almost South American abrazo, embrace, http://www.booknotes.org/Watch/72551-1/Paul+Greenberg.aspx
Governor Orval Faubus, progressive New Deal Democrat, blocked the schoolhouse door to the Little Rock Central High School with the state’s National Guard rather than allow nine black students to attend.

1. Clinton’s mentor was J. William Fulbright, a vehement foe of integration who had voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Orval Eugene Faubus, attended Bill Clinton’s 1979 gubernatorial inauguration, where the two pols hugged, as Arkansas Democrat-Gazette editorial page editor Paul Greenberg recalls.)
Know who Faubus was?
Yup...he used the National Guard to prevent blacks from going to school

c. Bill Clinton wrote his first letter, dated June 21, 1994, of congratulations to the UDC [Untied Daughters of the Confederacy] celebrating their 100th anniversary. Later Clinton wrote a letter September 8, 1994 letter of congratulation to the Georgia Division of the UDC celebrating their 100th anniversary, then August 9, 1995 welcoming to Washington, D.C. for their 1995 national convention. Each letter was given a full page with Clinton’s picture in the United Daughters of the Confederacy Magazine (UDC Magazine) giving legitimacy to the UDC.

For reference, the UDC magazine includes " a Ku Klux Klan praising book, not just the Klan of Reconstruction but the Klan of the 1920s, a book which recommends the racist books of Thomas Dixon, “The Clansman” ...
Anti-Neo-Confederate: Bill Clinton Enables Neo-Confederates & Betrays Carol Moseley-Braun: UPDATED

Gee....that's 18 years ago....

d. "Clinton praised Arkansas’ late Democratic senator J. William Fulbright, a notorious segregationist who opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act. He also signed the Southern Manifesto, which denounced the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark Brown vs. Board of Education school desegregation decision in 1954. Clinton called Fulbright “My mentor, a visionary, a humanitarian.”Dems Need to Houseclean - Deroy Murdock - National Review Online

and....

Fulbright was a full-bore segregationist, voting against the 1957, 1960, 1964, and 1965 civil rights bills.
But...in 1993, Bill Clinton gave the Medal of Freedom award to a lifelong segregationist, Democrat Wm. J. Fulbright. And another life-long segregationist, Democrat Albert Gore, Sr. was in attendance.

20 years ago.

Hey...didn't Bill Clinton just recently speak at the Democrat National Convention?

That wasn't "50 or 100" years ago....was it?

… President Bill Clinton

argued that Colin Powell, promoted

to brigadier general during Mr.

Alexander’s tenure, was the product

of an affirmative action program.

http://cdn.virtuallearningcourses.com/ivtcontent/images/edw12_ch05_e.pdf

'BILL CLINTON: IN PAST, OBAMA WOULD BE 'CARRYING OUR BAGS'

Bill Clinton: In Past, Obama Would Be 'Carrying Our Bags' | Breitbart

1. There were plenty of southern integrationists. They were Republicans.

2. 1966- pro-integrationist Republican Winthrop Rockefeller won Arkansas, replacing Clinton-pal Orval Faubus.

3. 1966 Republican Bo Calloway ran against Democrat Lester Maddox, who “gained national attention for refusing to serve blacks in his popular cafeteria near the Georgia Tech campus. Newsmen tipped off about the confrontation reported how restaurant patrons and employees wielded ax handles while Mr. Maddox waved a pistol. …” Research - Articles - Journals | Research better, faster at HighBeam Research

a. Maddox was endorsed by Democrat Jimmy Carter in the above governor’s race. When the race was too close to call, the Democrat state legislature gave it to Maddox.

b. Calloway appealed to the Supreme Court….but the court upheld the legislature’s decision.

c. On that very Supreme Court was former KKK member Justice Hugo Black.

d. Democrat Hugo Black was Democrat FDR’s first appointee, in 1937. This KKK Senator from Alabama wrote the majority decision on Korematsu v. US; in 1967, he said ‘They all look alike to a person not a Jap.” Engage: Conversations in Philosophy: "They all look alike to a person not a Jap"*: The Legacy of Korematsu at OSU

e. And, Hugo Black's anti-Catholic bias, which showed up in his actions on the Supreme Court:

"... Black was head of new members for the largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..."
Egnorance: Hugo Black and the real history of "the wall of separation between church and state"

f. Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

g. "The night riders move through the darkness, white against the black road....they go about their business, their horsed draped, guns and bullwhips banging dully against saddles.

....this is the South Carolina of the 1870s, not of the turn of a new millennium, and the night riders are the terror of these times. They roam upcountry, visiting their version of justice on poor blacks and the Republicans that support them, refusing to bow to the requirements of the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments."
From the novel "The White Road," by John Connolly

4. 1966- Republican Spiro Agnew ran against Democrat segregationists George Mahoney for governor of Maryland. Agnew enacted some of the first laws in the nation against race discrimination in public housing. “Agnew signed the state's first open-housing laws and succeeded in getting the repeal of an anti-miscegenation law.” Spiro Agnew - Wikipedia

5. 1957- Democrat Sam Ervin, another liberal luminary, instrumental in the destruction of anti-communist Republicans Joe McCarthy and Richard Nixon, told his fellow segregationists, and who led the Watergate investigation, said of the 1957 civil rights bill: “We’ve got to give the goddamned ******* something. We’re not gonna be able to get out of here until we’ve got some kind of ****** bill.’ Robert Caro, “Master of the Senate: The Years of Lyndon Johnson,” xv.

No...in America I mean. If all of these racist Democrats suddenly magically switched parties to the Republicans, then we would have a ONE party system in America.

Your revisionist history is beyond asinine and absurd. Republicans ended slavery and lead the Civil Rights movement. So why the fuck would all of those racist Dumbocrats switch over to the Republican Party??? And how the fuck did you get all of the original Republicans to then agree to switch over to the Democrat Part??? :eusa_doh:
They didn't sign application papers, if that's what you mean. That's the nature of our two-party system; because not everyone in each party has exactly the same beliefs or priorities, their makeup changes as the country changes. I already showed you how the South - and we are talking about the South, because that's where the "racist Democrats" were - attracted Republicans in the post-war years. I would love to write out a treatise for you about how the system has changed over the years, but I honestly just don't have time. So instead, just consider these few:

- Strom Thurmond. Ardent segregationalist from the Jim Crow era in South Carolina, thought Civil Rights were a gateway to Communism. Became Governor in 1946, then saw Truman desegregate the Army and eliminate poll taxes, and didn't like that the party embraced Civil Rights, so he and others split off to form the Dixiecrats, but then later merged back in. After the Civil Rights Act passed under a Southern Democrat President in 1964, he left the party and joined the Republicans - who had practically no representation in the South at the time - and worked on the Barry Goldwater campaign. Just there, one of the most visible and powerful Southern Segregationalist Democrats became a Republican.

- Everett Jordan. Senator from North Carolina from 1958. Lifelong Conservative Democrat, ardent Segregationalist, opposed Civil Rights whenever he could, voted against the Civil Rights Act. He was getting old and sick and lost in 1972 to Jesse Helms, a Conservative and former Democrat who had changed to the Republican party, and an ardent Segregationalist who opposed Civil Rights whenever he could. An anti-Civil Rights Southern Democrat loses to an anti-Civil Rights Southern Republican with almost the same views.

You're right, though, in that it wasn't "sudden." It took a couple of decades.

That's the nature of our two-party system; because not everyone in each party has exactly the same beliefs or priorities, their makeup changes as the country changes.
Well sure. But devout racists arent going to join the Republican Party because we were offering lower taxes.

You are confusing geographical changes with party changes. Yeah, the south became conservative over time as more northern Republicans retired and headed south. It was not because the racist Democrats suddenly felt this tremendous urge to join the party that was advancing the cause of African-Americans.

They didn't sign application papers, if that's what you mean. That's the nature of our two-party system; because not everyone in each party has exactly the same beliefs or priorities, their makeup changes as the country changes. I already showed you how the South - and we are talking about the South, because that's where the "racist Democrats" were - attracted Republicans in the post-war years. I would love to write out a treatise for you about how the system has changed over the years, but I honestly just don't have time. So instead, just consider these few:

- Strom Thurmond. Ardent segregationalist from the Jim Crow era in South Carolina, thought Civil Rights were a gateway to Communism. Became Governor in 1946, then saw Truman desegregate the Army and eliminate poll taxes, and didn't like that the party embraced Civil Rights, so he and others split off to form the Dixiecrats, but then later merged back in. After the Civil Rights Act passed under a Southern Democrat President in 1964, he left the party and joined the Republicans - who had practically no representation in the South at the time - and worked on the Barry Goldwater campaign. Just there, one of the most visible and powerful Southern Segregationalist Democrats became a Republican.

- Everett Jordan. Senator from North Carolina from 1958. Lifelong Conservative Democrat, ardent Segregationalist, opposed Civil Rights whenever he could, voted against the Civil Rights Act. He was getting old and sick and lost in 1972 to Jesse Helms, a Conservative and former Democrat who had changed to the Republican party, and an ardent Segregationalist who opposed Civil Rights whenever he could. An anti-Civil Rights Southern Democrat loses to an anti-Civil Rights Southern Republican with almost the same views.

You're right, though, in that it wasn't "sudden." It took a couple of decades.

WHAT????

You need another lesson???? You really are a slow learner.

1. So…if Republicans were racists and got racist southerners to vote for them, how to explain this: Republicans always did best in the southern states that Goldwater lost, which happened to be the same ones Republicans had been winning with some regularity since 1928.
    1. In ’28, ’52, ’56, and ’60, Republicans generally won Virginia, Florida, Texas, Kentucky and sometimes North Carolina or Louisiana. Did you notice that those years were before 1964?
    2. Four years after Goldwater, the segregationist vote went right back to Democrats: Humphrey got half of Wallace’s supporters on election day. Nixon got none of ‘em. “When the '68 campaign began, Nixon was at 42 percent, Humphrey at 29 percent, Wallace at 22 percent. When it ended, Nixon and Humphrey were tied at 43 percent, with Wallace at 13 percent. The 9 percent of the national vote that had been peeled off from Wallace had gone to Humphrey.Pat Buchanan - The neocons & Nixon's southern strategyIn writing about McGovern and Wallace, liberal luminary, Arthur Schlesinger, actually referred to Wallace voters as responding to their candidate’s “integrity”! “The primaries themselves, especially the success of McGovern and Wallace, provide the best evidence for the proposition that voters in 1972 care less about a candidate's stand on particular issues than they do about the candidate's integrity,…” How McGovern Will Win
  1. McGovern gave a tip-of-the-hat to the segregationist Wallace in his acceptance speech at the Democrat Convention. That was the exact midpoint between Goldwater and Reagan. So…what of the imaginary “southern strategy” where the Republicans were supposed to have a plan to appeal to racists?
  2. Democrat McGovern: “And I was as moved as well by the appearance in the Convention Hall of the Governor of Alabama, George Wallace. … Governor, we pray for your full recovery so you can stand up and speak out for all of those who see you as their champion.” ACCEPTANCE SPEECH OF SENATOR GEORGE MCGOVERN

The Democrat Party has always been the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship.

A week or so ago.....Democrat NY Attorney General continued.....

Did I mention....

2. 1966- pro-integrationist Republican Winthrop Rockefeller won Arkansas, replacing Clinton-pal Orval Faubus.

3. 1966 Republican Bo Calloway ran against Democrat Lester Maddox, who “gained national attention for refusing to serve blacks in his popular cafeteria near the Georgia Tech campus. Newsmen tipped off about the confrontation reported how restaurant patrons and employees wielded ax handles while Mr. Maddox waved a pistol. …” Research - Articles - Journals | Research better, faster at HighBeam Research

a. Maddox was endorsed by Democrat Jimmy Carter in the above governor’s race. When the race was too close to call, the Democrat state legislature gave it to Maddox.

b. Calloway appealed to the Supreme Court….but the court upheld the legislature’s decision.

d. Democrat Hugo Black was Democrat FDR’s first appointee, in 1937. This KKK Senator from Alabama wrote the majority decision on Korematsu v. US; in 1967, he said ‘They all look alike to a person not a Jap.” Engage: Conversations in Philosophy: "They all look alike to a person not a Jap"*: The Legacy of Korematsu at OSU

e. And, Hugo Black's anti-Catholic bias, which showed up in his actions on the Supreme Court:

"... Black was head of new members for the largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..."
Egnorance: Hugo Black and the real history of "the wall of separation between church and state"

f. Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

g. "The night riders move through the darkness, white against the black road....they go about their business, their horsed draped, guns and bullwhips banging dully against saddles.

....this is the South Carolina of the 1870s, not of the turn of a new millennium, and the night riders are the terror of these times. They roam upcountry, visiting their version of justice on poor blacks and the Republicans that support them, refusing to bow to the requirements of the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments."

4. 1966- Republican Spiro Agnew ran against Democrat segregationists George Mahoney for governor of Maryland. Agnew enacted some of the first laws in the nation against race discrimination in public housing. “Agnew signed the state's first open-housing laws and succeeded in getting the repeal of an anti-miscegenation law.” Spiro Agnew - Wikipedia

5. 1957- Democrat Sam Ervin, another liberal luminary, instrumental in the destruction of anti-communist Republicans Joe McCarthy and Richard Nixon, told his fellow segregationists, and who led the Watergate investigation, said of the 1957 civil rights bill: “We’ve got to give the goddamned ******* something. We’re not gonna be able to get out of here until we’ve got some kind of ****** bill.’ Robert Caro, “Master of the Senate: The Years of Lyndon Johnson,” xv.

First of all, I saw the Bill Clinton list the first time you posted it. That's a case built on association - he was listed on 1992 lawsuit because he was the Governor of the state at the time, and you assume among other things that because he had cordial relationships with Faubus, Fulbright, and the United Daughters of the Confederacy that he must share their views. That is, to put it simply, not how politics works.

On to this one.
1. There were almost no Southern Republicans in the post-war years. In 1956, the Senate from the 11 former Civil War states had zero Republicans, and the House had six Republicans to 100 Democrats, most of which were arch-conservatives segregationalists.

2. Yes, 1966 is right in the middle of the shift. Winthrop Rockefeller was more Progressive than most Republicans who replaced old-school Democrats like Faubus, reflecting the beliefs of Arkansans at the time, but he was just what I'm talking about.

3. a-e. Callaway also supports my theory. He was a super-Conservative and former Democrat who switched parties and won a House seat as a "Goldwater Republican" in 1964. It so happens that the seat he vacated in order to run for Governor (oops) was one of four Conservative Republican seats that reverted to Conservative Democrats in 1966, but in other parts across the South, seven others went the other way, plus one Senate seat.

f-g. This is whiplashing us back to the 19th century. We all know that there were a lot of Klansmen among Civil War era Southern Democrats. I don't get the relevance.

4. Although I've been concentrating mostly on the formerly CSA states of the South, Agnew also first the bill of a Republican, in his case a Moderate to Conservative one, who replaced a Segregationalist Southern Democrat in Mahoney. Again, 1966 is right in the middle of the shift. You're supporting my case.

5. Ervin was not a liberal. He had more admiration among Liberals than most of his Southern Democrat colleagues for some of his civil liberties opinions, but he opposed Brown v Board, he signed the Southern Manifesto, and believed that the 14th Amendment only applied to whites. He was another Segregationalist Conservative Southern Democrat, and I don't quite understand how that quote, which does not surprise me at all, counters anything I wrote.

I'll be in and out this weekend but will be happy to respond to as much as I can.

First of all, I saw the Bill Clinton list the first time you posted it. That's a case built on association - he was listed on 1992 lawsuit because he was the Governor of the state at the time, and you assume among other things that because he had cordial relationships with Faubus, Fulbright, and the United Daughters of the Confederacy that he must share their views. That is, to put it simply, not how politics works.

On to this one.
1. There were almost no Southern Republicans in the post-war years. In 1956, the Senate from the 11 former Civil War states had zero Republicans, and the House had six Republicans to 100 Democrats, most of which were arch-conservatives segregationalists.

2. Yes, 1966 is right in the middle of the shift. Winthrop Rockefeller was more Progressive than most Republicans who replaced old-school Democrats like Faubus, reflecting the beliefs of Arkansans at the time, but he was just what I'm talking about.

3. a-e. Callaway also supports my theory. He was a super-Conservative and former Democrat who switched parties and won a House seat as a "Goldwater Republican" in 1964. It so happens that the seat he vacated in order to run for Governor (oops) was one of four Conservative Republican seats that reverted to Conservative Democrats in 1966, but in other parts across the South, seven others went the other way, plus one Senate seat.

f-g. This is whiplashing us back to the 19th century. We all know that there were a lot of Klansmen among Civil War era Southern Democrats. I don't get the relevance.

4. Although I've been concentrating mostly on the formerly CSA states of the South, Agnew also first the bill of a Republican, in his case a Moderate to Conservative one, who replaced a Segregationalist Southern Democrat in Mahoney. Again, 1966 is right in the middle of the shift. You're supporting my case.

5. Ervin was not a liberal. He had more admiration among Liberals than most of his Southern Democrat colleagues for some of his civil liberties opinions, but he opposed Brown v Board, he signed the Southern Manifesto, and believed that the 14th Amendment only applied to whites. He was another Segregationalist Conservative Southern Democrat, and I don't quite understand how that quote, which does not surprise me at all, counters anything I wrote.

I'll be in and out this weekend but will be happy to respond to as much as I can.

"I'll be in and out this weekend but will be happy to respond to as much as I can."

Excellent.....you have so very much to learn.

1. It seems that some of our friends contend that ‘conservative (racist) southern Democrats left the party and became Republicans. Not only is it provably untrue, but the fact that reliable Democrat voters, i.e., dim-wits, will accept it without questioning, is the reason the nation is in the state that it is.
  2. In 1948, Strom Thurmond ran as a “Dixiecrat,” not “Dixiecan.” They were segregations, and an offshoot of the Democrat Party. And they remained Democrats.
    1. The so-called “Dixiecrats” remained Democrats and did not migrate to the Republican Party. The Dixiecrats were a group of Southern Democrats who, in the 1948 national election, formed a third party, the State’s Rights Democratic Party with the slogan: “Segregation Forever!” Even so, they continued to be Democrats for all local and state elections, as well as for all future national elections. http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#The__Dixiecrats__Remained_Democrats
    2. While all Democrats weren’t segregationists, all segregationists were Democrats.
    3. Klan members and racists including Hugo Black, George Wallace, ‘Bull’ Connor, Orval Faubus, Lester Maddox, etc.
    4. And, Hugo Black's anti-Catholic bias, which showed up in his actions on the Supreme Court:

1. But the most important segregationists were Democrats in the U.S. Senate, where civil rights bills went to die.
a. "On June 13, 2005, in a resolution sponsored by senators Mary Landrieu of Louisiana and George Allen of Virginia, together with 78 others, the US Senate formally apologized for its failure to enact this and other anti-lynching bills "when action was most needed."[3] From 1882-1968, "...nearly 200 anti-lynching bills were introduced in Congress, and three passed the House. Seven presidents between 1890 and 1952 petitioned Congress to pass a federal law."[3] None was approved by the Senate because of the powerful opposition of the Southern Democratic voting bloc"
Senate Apologizes for Not Passing Anti-Lynching Laws

1. Here’s a great opportunity to see the work the media does: challenge anyone to name one segregationist U.S. Senator, and the only one they’ll be able to name is Thurmond….the only one who became a Republican. Get the idea?
    1. The media intentionally hides the civil rights records of lifelong, liberal Democrats to make it look as if it was the Republican Party that was the party of segregation and racial discrimination.
5. The most important points: all the segregationists in the Senate were Democrats, and remained same for the rest of their lives…except for one. And they were not conservative.

Forum List

Back