Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society

Amazing how both parties can point the finger at the other about how money corrupts politics.

Are there no mirrors in your homes?

Holy crap. Amazing.

Ever consider running for Pope? You have the pontificating down pat.

No mirrors then, right?

Was I wrong?

Clean your OWN house.

Oh wait, that would take too much effort.

Ironic, you feign 'neutrality'...yet you ALWAYS come down on the same side of the aisle.

Ever consider running for Pope? You have the pontificating down pat.

No mirrors then, right?

Was I wrong?

Clean your OWN house.

Ironic, you feign 'neutrality'...yet you ALWAYS come down on the same side of the aisle.

That's okay, I never expect straight answers here.

Nor do I expect honesty - I've never claimed "neutrality", and I don't always come down on the same side of the aisle. Do you know my positions on foreign policy, war, homosexual rights, abortion or personal income taxation?

Obviously not.

Perhaps you should play your little games with someone else. This isn't working for you.

"It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners"
Albert Camus

Spreading "fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom"...KOCH style...

ENVIRONMENTAL VIOLATIONS & POLLUTION

• In 2000, the Clinton administration leveled a 97-count indictment against Koch Industries for covering up the discharge of 91 tons of benzene, a carcinogen, from its refinery in Corpus Christi, Texas. The company was liable for $350 million in fines; 4 Koch employees faced up to 35 years in prison. “The Koch Petroleum Group eventually pleaded guilty to one criminal charge of covering up environmental violations, including the falsification of documents, and paid a twenty-million-dollar fine” (Jane Mayer, “Covert Operations”, The New Yorker, August 30, 2010).

• The federal government sued Koch in 1995 over a reported 300 oil spills at pipelines owned by the company, which dumped an estimated 3 million gallons of oil into lakes and streams in 6 states. In 2000, Koch settled the case and agreed to pay $30 million in civil penalties.

• “In 1999, a jury found Koch Industries guilty of negligence and malice in the deaths of two Texas teen-agers in an explosion that resulted from a leaky underground butane pipeline” (Mayer). See the National Transportation Safety Board’s report on the accident.

• A jury found Koch Industries guilty in 1999 of stealing millions of gallons of oil from public and Indian lands through fraudulent mismeasuring. This concluded a 20-year long legal battle between Charles and David Koch and their estranged brother, Bill Koch, who revealed the scheme and spearheaded the lawsuit. See the 60 Minutes story about the case.
  • The University of Massachusetts at Amherst’s Political Economy Research Institute released a study this year that named Koch Industries one of the top ten air polluters in the United States.

1. All under a Left Wing government.
2. The University of Massachusetts at Amherst’s Political Economy Research Institute

no anti Kooch bias there huh?

No mirrors then, right?

Was I wrong?

Clean your OWN house.

Nor do I expect honesty - I've never claimed "neutrality", and I don't always come down on the same side of the aisle. Do you know my positions on foreign policy, war, homosexual rights, abortion or personal income taxation?

Obviously not.

Perhaps you should play your little games with someone else. This isn't working for you.

You never say ANYTHING...all you do is correct everyone. Go see a psychiatrist, you have a mental disorder.

"It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners"
Albert Camus

Spreading "fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom"...KOCH style...

ENVIRONMENTAL VIOLATIONS & POLLUTION

• In 2000, the Clinton administration leveled a 97-count indictment against Koch Industries for covering up the discharge of 91 tons of benzene, a carcinogen, from its refinery in Corpus Christi, Texas. The company was liable for $350 million in fines; 4 Koch employees faced up to 35 years in prison. “The Koch Petroleum Group eventually pleaded guilty to one criminal charge of covering up environmental violations, including the falsification of documents, and paid a twenty-million-dollar fine” (Jane Mayer, “Covert Operations”, The New Yorker, August 30, 2010).

• The federal government sued Koch in 1995 over a reported 300 oil spills at pipelines owned by the company, which dumped an estimated 3 million gallons of oil into lakes and streams in 6 states. In 2000, Koch settled the case and agreed to pay $30 million in civil penalties.

• “In 1999, a jury found Koch Industries guilty of negligence and malice in the deaths of two Texas teen-agers in an explosion that resulted from a leaky underground butane pipeline” (Mayer). See the National Transportation Safety Board’s report on the accident.

• A jury found Koch Industries guilty in 1999 of stealing millions of gallons of oil from public and Indian lands through fraudulent mismeasuring. This concluded a 20-year long legal battle between Charles and David Koch and their estranged brother, Bill Koch, who revealed the scheme and spearheaded the lawsuit. See the 60 Minutes story about the case.
  • The University of Massachusetts at Amherst’s Political Economy Research Institute released a study this year that named Koch Industries one of the top ten air polluters in the United States.

1. All under a Left Wing government.
2. The University of Massachusetts at Amherst’s Political Economy Research Institute

no anti Kooch bias there huh?

No, all PROSECUTED under a "left wing" government. Bush castrated environmental protection.

When George Soros has Democrat Lawmakers and Supremes over for Barbecue it's socializing.
When the Republicans do the same thing it's a 'vast Right Wing conspiracy'.

Go figure!

Obviously not.

You never say ANYTHING...all you do is correct everyone. Go see a psychiatrist, you have a mental disorder.

Deflection noted.

Amazing how both parties can point the finger at the other about how money corrupts politics.

Holy crap. Amazing.

Does it or doesn't it?

Does it benefit or harm a democratic society if the wealthiest members have a huge political advantage because of their wealth?

Does it benefit or harm a democratic society if the wealthiest members have a huge political advantage because of their wealth?
It's always been that way. What would be worse is a government that either took the wealth away or prevented people from supporting causes. This only becomes a problem when an issue liberals oppose is supported. The opposite of democracy.

Holy crap. Amazing.

Does it or doesn't it?

I think the harm is clear.

And if we don't choose to minimize the influence of money in politics -- on both "sides" -- it will only get worse.

Last edited:
NO ONE should be in prison or be arrested for using marijuana...

Bravo Mr. Soros...!!!
They haven't been unless it was for distributing.

Bravo Koch brothers!

NO ONE should be in prison or arrested for using OR distributing marijuana.

You right wing scum have created the BIGGEST nanny state in history...

America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE!

Conservatives built the BIGGEST Nanny State in the history of the world...

britannica_prison-523x360.jpg

incarceration-chart.jpg
Incarceration_rates_worldwide.gif

NO ONE should be in prison or be arrested for using marijuana...

Bravo Mr. Soros...!!!
They haven't been unless it was for distributing.

Bravo Koch brothers!

NO ONE should be in prison or arrested for using OR distributing marijuana.

You right wing scum have created the BIGGEST nanny state in history...

America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE!

Conservatives built the BIGGEST Nanny State in the history of the world...

britannica_prison-523x360.jpg

incarceration-chart.jpg
Incarceration_rates_worldwide.gif

Hey dippy, the majority of people doing actual time for drugs isn't for pot. In most places pot possession isn't even a misdemeanor, its a violation. Most of your incarcerated people are for harder drugs, or for crimes committed because they were ON drugs.

Holy crap. Amazing.

Does it or doesn't it?

I think the harm is clear.

And if we don't choose to minimize the influence of money in politics -- on both "sides" -- it will only get worse.

But the money buys the influence to oppose minimizing the influence of money in a vicious circle.

I don't know if it is tragic or funny how some people can defend those who hope to make our nation into an oligarchy to the detriment of the hoi polloi (the majority of our citizens). These right wing members of American's power elite include three (maybe four) members of the Supreme Court who belong to the Federalist Society:

"The Federalist Society (FS) for Law and Public Policy Studies, most frequently called simply the Federalist Society, is an organization of conservatives and libertarians seeking reform of the current American legal system[1] in accordance with a textualist or originalist interpretation of the U.S. Constitution."

Federalist Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scalia, Alito, Thomas and likely CJ Roberts are members of the FS each voted for CU v. FEC (Kennedy too) and this resulted in a fundamental change in the political process. Yesterday they doubled down on CU and now, "The system of “free and open debate” Koch envisions is one in which the volume of your voice is determined by the amount of money you have".

The Koch brothers, the Supreme Court, and a new kind of liberty

Is this decision coupled with CU the final nails in the coffin of what was once the shinning city on the hill - a Republic of the people, by the people and for the people? You bet it is! The majority of Americans will suffer the consequence of a radical Supreme Court beholden to billionaires and our nation will now be known as a Constitutional Republic, a nation where the Supreme Court has ruled that the representatives in the Congress can be bought and paid for before they make their first vote to support the Great Oligarchy who owns them. Our years of hoping to spread Democracy around the world will today be seen by the world as another hypocrisy of the Power Elite who control us.

I don't know if it is tragic or funny how some people can defend those who hope to make our nation into an oligarchy to the detriment of the hoi polloi (the majority of our citizens). These right wing members of American's power elite include three (maybe four) members of the Supreme Court who belong to the Federalist Society:

"The Federalist Society (FS) for Law and Public Policy Studies, most frequently called simply the Federalist Society, is an organization of conservatives and libertarians seeking reform of the current American legal system[1] in accordance with a textualist or originalist interpretation of the U.S. Constitution."

Federalist Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scalia, Alito, Thomas and likely CJ Roberts are members of the FS each voted for CU v. FEC (Kennedy too) and this resulted in a fundamental change in the political process. Yesterday they doubled down on CU and now, "The system of “free and open debate” Koch envisions is one in which the volume of your voice is determined by the amount of money you have".

The Koch brothers, the Supreme Court, and a new kind of liberty

Is this decision coupled with CU the final nails in the coffin of what was once the shinning city on the hill - a Republic of the people, by the people and for the people? You bet it is! The majority of Americans will suffer the consequence of a radical Supreme Court beholden to billionaires and our nation will now be known as a Constitutional Republic, a nation where the Supreme Court has ruled that the representatives in the Congress can be bought and paid for before they make their first vote to support the Great Oligarchy who owns them. Our years of hoping to spread Democracy around the world will today be seen by the world as another hypocrisy of the Power Elite who control us.

You're such a cock sucking tool of the left. You'd be OK with it if we were discussion unions and Soros. Then it would be "The 1A is fundamental and conservatives want to overthrow the Constitution." But since it isn't your side benefiting you want to call out the Plutocracy class warfare crap.
You're such a fucking hypocrite cocksucker.

You do know George Sorros used to be a Nazi, right?
I'm not also sure how many campaigns of evangelical Christians the Koch brother fund since they are pro gay marriage and legalization of weed.
Also, so what if they had ancestors who were Nazis? What is that supposed to imply? This is not the kind of country that visits the sins of the father onto the son. If you want to live in that kind of country then buy a ticket to Palestine and marry a woman to beat.

Link? Funny, you question sources, and then you parrot Glenn Beck the clown.

I wasn't questioning any sources. I was pointing out that Media Matters is heavily funded by George Sorros. A perfectly reasonable fact to point out since a Media Matters link was provided to defend George sorros (it's biggest funder). It's not a partisan thing. It's a fact thing. I'm sure most non partisan extremists would agree.

Hmmmm.... Media Matters for America... where have I heard that name before? Oh yea! That's the propaganda tool that George Sorros contributes heavily to. LOL!!! What is really ironic of course is that Soros often compared Bush Jr. to Adolf Hitler. I'm hoping he meant that in a negative way.

i can see why you'd like the kochs... lack of intellect, low information right-wingers think anything that shows the lie to what they say is propaganda.

i think you SHOULD support oligarchy... that way the billionaires buy your government and you pretend the problem is anyone to the left of atilla the hun.

Sheesh! Heavy flow day?

Forum List

Back