Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society

Charles Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society - WSJ.com

I have devoted most of my life to understanding the principles that enable people to improve their lives. It is those principles—the principles of a free society—that have shaped my life, my family, our company and America itself.

Unfortunately, the fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom are under attack by the nation's own government. That's why, if we want to restore a free society and create greater well-being and opportunity for all Americans, we have no choice but to fight for those principles. I have been doing so for more than 50 years, primarily through educational efforts. It was only in the past decade that I realized the need to also engage in the political process.

It's quite obvious to me why the bed wetters are so totally consumed with hatred for this man. I enjoyed the piece, and encourage anyone "sitting on the fence" regarding the Kock Bro's agenda to read it and make up your own mind.

This obviously excludes bed wetters, because they're programmed to reject information without thinking. Yet I'm sure we'll see plenty of their smarmy psuedointellectual parroting of "facts" found only on a Media Matters website, as opposed to reality.

Um. Why did Koch steal a commie's logo as the picture for his editorial?

25fkpqa.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if it is tragic or funny how some people can defend those who hope to make our nation into an oligarchy to the detriment of the hoi polloi (the majority of our citizens). These right wing members of American's power elite include three (maybe four) members of the Supreme Court who belong to the Federalist Society:

"The Federalist Society (FS) for Law and Public Policy Studies, most frequently called simply the Federalist Society, is an organization of conservatives and libertarians seeking reform of the current American legal system[1] in accordance with a textualist or originalist interpretation of the U.S. Constitution."

Federalist Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scalia, Alito, Thomas and likely CJ Roberts are members of the FS each voted for CU v. FEC (Kennedy too) and this resulted in a fundamental change in the political process. Yesterday they doubled down on CU and now, "The system of “free and open debate” Koch envisions is one in which the volume of your voice is determined by the amount of money you have".

The Koch brothers, the Supreme Court, and a new kind of liberty

Is this decision coupled with CU the final nails in the coffin of what was once the shinning city on the hill - a Republic of the people, by the people and for the people? You bet it is! The majority of Americans will suffer the consequence of a radical Supreme Court beholden to billionaires and our nation will now be known as a Constitutional Republic, a nation where the Supreme Court has ruled that the representatives in the Congress can be bought and paid for before they make their first vote to support the Great Oligarchy who owns them. Our years of hoping to spread Democracy around the world will today be seen by the world as another hypocrisy of the Power Elite who control us.

You're such a cock sucking tool of the left. You'd be OK with it if we were discussion unions and Soros. Then it would be "The 1A is fundamental and conservatives want to overthrow the Constitution." But since it isn't your side benefiting you want to call out the Plutocracy class warfare crap.
You're such a fucking hypocrite cocksucker.

And yet, you're unable to offer a counter argument explaining how these 5-4 rulings benefit all of our nations people, and as usual, you default to name calling and vulgarities.

You wonder why I believe you're dumb and disgusting? The evidence is in all of your posts.

Hmmmm.... Media Matters for America... where have I heard that name before? Oh yea! That's the propaganda tool that George Sorros contributes heavily to. LOL!!! What is really ironic of course is that Soros often compared Bush Jr. to Adolf Hitler. I'm hoping he meant that in a negative way.

i can see why you'd like the kochs... lack of intellect, low information right-wingers think anything that shows the lie to what they say is propaganda.

i think you SHOULD support oligarchy... that way the billionaires buy your government and you pretend the problem is anyone to the left of atilla the hun.

Sheesh! Heavy flow day?
You should come to the PC thread? That's not PC.

I don't know if it is tragic or funny how some people can defend those who hope to make our nation into an oligarchy to the detriment of the hoi polloi (the majority of our citizens). These right wing members of American's power elite include three (maybe four) members of the Supreme Court who belong to the Federalist Society:

"The Federalist Society (FS) for Law and Public Policy Studies, most frequently called simply the Federalist Society, is an organization of conservatives and libertarians seeking reform of the current American legal system[1] in accordance with a textualist or originalist interpretation of the U.S. Constitution."

Federalist Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scalia, Alito, Thomas and likely CJ Roberts are members of the FS each voted for CU v. FEC (Kennedy too) and this resulted in a fundamental change in the political process. Yesterday they doubled down on CU and now, "The system of “free and open debate” Koch envisions is one in which the volume of your voice is determined by the amount of money you have".

The Koch brothers, the Supreme Court, and a new kind of liberty

Is this decision coupled with CU the final nails in the coffin of what was once the shinning city on the hill - a Republic of the people, by the people and for the people? You bet it is! The majority of Americans will suffer the consequence of a radical Supreme Court beholden to billionaires and our nation will now be known as a Constitutional Republic, a nation where the Supreme Court has ruled that the representatives in the Congress can be bought and paid for before they make their first vote to support the Great Oligarchy who owns them. Our years of hoping to spread Democracy around the world will today be seen by the world as another hypocrisy of the Power Elite who control us.

You're such a cock sucking tool of the left. You'd be OK with it if we were discussion unions and Soros. Then it would be "The 1A is fundamental and conservatives want to overthrow the Constitution." But since it isn't your side benefiting you want to call out the Plutocracy class warfare crap.

And yet, you're unable to offer a counter argument explaining how these 5-4 rulings benefit all of our nations people, and as usual, you default to name calling and vulgarities.

You wonder why I believe you're dumb and disgusting? The evidence is in all of your posts.

While you are one of maybe 3 bed wetters not on my ignore list, I can't fault Rabbi for not wasting time arguing with you.

If the shoe was on the other foot you would be defending 5-4 the ruling. That's why there is little practical use of the time it takes to write a counter argument. It will fall on deaf ears.

Ridiculing you bed wetters is more cathartic than what otherwise amounts to arguing with fish in an aquarium. Best just to sit and watch you suck each other's shit in and out of your mouths.

Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society

Is that what he thinks he's doing? Interesting. I wonder how far he would have gotten had his Dad not built the company for him?

Who knows? But you democrats are dedicated to eradicating civil liberty, so it's clear why you hate him.

Anyone supporting a free society is an enemy of the democratic party.

Hey Pete, what did you expect the guy to say? That he is EVERY evil thing that people say he is? Not likely. But actions do speak louder than words.

Watch what he does. Not what he says.

The overlord of the democrats, George Soros, is pretty open about his hatred of freedom, and his plans to create an authoritarian system. This is the man who owns Barack Obama and rules the democratic party with an iron fist.

About Us | Open Society Foundations (OSF)

While you are one of maybe 3 bed wetters not on my ignore list, I can't fault Rabbi for not wasting time arguing with you.

If the shoe was on the other foot you would be defending 5-4 the ruling. That's why there is little practical use of the time it takes to write a counter argument. It will fall on deaf ears.

Ridiculing you bed wetters is more cathartic than what otherwise amounts to arguing with fish in an aquarium. Best just to sit and watch you suck each other's shit in and out of your mouths.

You too seem to be dumb and disgusting. I've read your posts in the past and they never offer anything of substance or worth commenting upon. You're like Rabbi ,and that is nothing to be proud of.

Hey Pete, what did you expect the guy to say? That he is EVERY evil thing that people say he is? Not likely. But actions do speak louder than words.

The overlord of the democrats, George Soros, is pretty open about his hatred of freedom, and his plans to create an authoritarian system. This is the man who owns Barack Obama and rules the democratic party with an iron fist.

About Us | Open Society Foundations (OSF)
Iron fist? Boy would I like to see that. We could actually get something done.

Bed-wetters should have a hyphen in this context. TY.

I have devoted most of my life to understanding the principles that enable people to improve their lives. It is those principles—the principles of a free society—that have shaped my life, my family, our company and America itself.

Unfortunately, the fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom are under attack by the nation's own government. That's why, if we want to restore a free society and create greater well-being and opportunity for all Americans, we have no choice but to fight for those principles. I have been doing so for more than 50 years, primarily through educational efforts. It was only in the past decade that I realized the need to also engage in the political process.

It's quite obvious to me why the bed wetters are so totally consumed with hatred for this man. I enjoyed the piece, and encourage anyone "sitting on the fence" regarding the Kock Bro's agenda to read it and make up your own mind.

This obviously excludes bed wetters, because they're programmed to reject information without thinking. Yet I'm sure we'll see plenty of their smarmy psuedointellectual parroting of "facts" found only on a Media Matters website, as opposed to reality.

Has anyone on the right stopped to consider that Charles Koch has a self-serving interest here? Just wondering.

The reason I ask is because Charles Koch is an extremely powerful man, both financially and politically, and his motivation may have more to do with the fact that he feels somewhat stymied by gov't representatives (who are elected by the people, by the way) when they refuse to summarily allow him to do whatever he wants as if his money and power was all the license he needed.

Here's a little historical fact for you which is true in any society. The rich and powerful routinely manipulate the levers of power to further their personal goals in order to enrich themselves further. That's just the way it is whether you live in a capitalistic society or some kind of a dictatorship. But in our representative form of gov't, we don't elect our officals to act as a rubber stamp for the rich and powerful although increasingly that's the way things seem to play out in the halls of power where campaign contributions of the wealthy routinely trump the public interest.

It seems to me that what Charles Koch wants is greater freedom for himself and his business interests to dictate to everyone else how things will be, and he sees representative gov't as an impediment to those goals. So, his ideas about freedom seem to be more about greater freedom for himself and less freedom for the rest of us if and when the his personal interests collide with the interests of others.

In Koch's view, regardles of how much wealth and power he has, he'll never have enough freedom in his eyes unless he's given a blank check.

Last edited:

Citizens United was the first step in regaining civil rights in this nation. IF the democrats can outlaw criticism on democrats, then the idea of a free society is done. Now, ending the last vestige of liberty is the primary goal of the democrats, but CU was a great step in thwarting the democrats war on basic liberty.

You too seem to be dumb and disgusting. I've read your posts in the past and they never offer anything of substance or worth commenting upon. You're like Rabbi ,and that is nothing to be proud of.

A cave man that doesn't even believe in modern America = very dumb and disgusting.:badgrin:

"It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners"
Albert Camus

Spreading "fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom"...KOCH style...

ENVIRONMENTAL VIOLATIONS & POLLUTION

• In 2000, the Clinton administration leveled a 97-count indictment against Koch Industries for covering up the discharge of 91 tons of benzene, a carcinogen, from its refinery in Corpus Christi, Texas. The company was liable for $350 million in fines; 4 Koch employees faced up to 35 years in prison. “The Koch Petroleum Group eventually pleaded guilty to one criminal charge of covering up environmental violations, including the falsification of documents, and paid a twenty-million-dollar fine” (Jane Mayer, “Covert Operations”, The New Yorker, August 30, 2010).

• The federal government sued Koch in 1995 over a reported 300 oil spills at pipelines owned by the company, which dumped an estimated 3 million gallons of oil into lakes and streams in 6 states. In 2000, Koch settled the case and agreed to pay $30 million in civil penalties.

• “In 1999, a jury found Koch Industries guilty of negligence and malice in the deaths of two Texas teen-agers in an explosion that resulted from a leaky underground butane pipeline” (Mayer). See the National Transportation Safety Board’s report on the accident.

• A jury found Koch Industries guilty in 1999 of stealing millions of gallons of oil from public and Indian lands through fraudulent mismeasuring. This concluded a 20-year long legal battle between Charles and David Koch and their estranged brother, Bill Koch, who revealed the scheme and spearheaded the lawsuit. See the 60 Minutes story about the case.
  • The University of Massachusetts at Amherst’s Political Economy Research Institute released a study this year that named Koch Industries one of the top ten air polluters in the United States.

Wbat does any of that have to do with equality before the law?
You should be on your knees offering to service both Koch brothers for all the good they've done for this country. If you lived a thousand years you wouldn't have achieved one millionth of what they have.

Because wealthy is what you guys worship, even to your own detriment. It's amazing how you have been brainwashed. Wealth in and of itself is not a bad thing, but wealth created at the expense of everyone else is a horrible thing, and that is pretty much where we are today.

Tough shit bed wetter, I have little time to spend trying to induce synapses to fire in that vacuous space between moonbat ears. I can use libtard tactics just as well as you assholes... specifically;

a criminally insane authoritarian sociopath said:
Rule #5 Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.

It not only provides stress relief while marginalizing the truly asinine shit you bed wetters parrot on this board, it shows how thin skinned you smarmy psuedointellectual parasites are.

I'll give you positive rep though, if you can name the "criminally insane authoritarian sociopath" I was quoting.

Has anyone on the right stopped to consider that Charles Kock has a self-serving interest here? Just wondering.

Koch, comrade - his name is Koch.

And I am not a hypocrite, so I expect people to work for their own interests - unlike you leftists, I do not demand that others work for their own harm, while party members secretly manipulate events for their own gain.

The reason I ask is because Charles Kock is an extremely powerful man, both financially and politically, and his motivation may have more to do with the fact that he feels somewhat stymied by gov't representatives (who are elected by the people, by the way) when they refuse to summarily allow him to do whatever he wants as if his money and power was all the license he needed.

Here's a little historical fact for you which is true in any society. The rich and powerful routinely manipulate the levers of power to further their personal goals in order to enrich themselves further. That's just the way it is whether you live in a capitalistic society or some kind of a dictatorship. But in our representative form of gov't, we don't elect our officals to act as a rubber stamp for the rich and powerful although increasingly that's the way things seem to play out in the halls of power where campaign contributions of the wealthy routinely trump the public interest.

It seems to me that what Charles Kock wants is greater freedom for himself and his business interests to dictate to everyone else how things will be, and he sees representative gov't as an impediment to those goals. So, his ideas about freedom seem to be more about greater freedom for himself and less freedom for the rest of us if and when the his personal interests collide with the interests of others.

In Koch's view, regardles of how much wealth and power he has, he'll never have enough freedom in his eyes unless he's given a blank check.

The owner of the democratic party, George Soros, is he a "rich and powerful" man?

This obviously excludes bed wetters, because they're programmed to reject information without thinking.

Yes
This is what he does for charity donations;
New York-Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell: $15 million

M.D. Anderson Cancer Center: $25 million

The Hospital for Special Surgery: $26 million

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center: $30 million

Prostate Cancer Foundation: $41 million

Deerfield Academy: $68 million

Lincoln Center's NY State Theater: $100 million

Massachusetts Institute of Technology: $139 million

Has anyone on the right stopped to consider that Charles Kock has a self-serving interest here? Just wondering.

Koch, comrade - his name is Koch.

And I am not a hypocrite, so I expect people to work for their own interests - unlike you leftists, I do not demand that others work for their own harm, while party members secretly manipulate events for their own gain.

The reason I ask is because Charles Kock is an extremely powerful man, both financially and politically, and his motivation may have more to do with the fact that he feels somewhat stymied by gov't representatives (who are elected by the people, by the way) when they refuse to summarily allow him to do whatever he wants as if his money and power was all the license he needed.

It seems to me that what Charles Kock wants is greater freedom for himself and his business interests to dictate to everyone else how things will be, and he sees representative gov't as an impediment to those goals. So, his ideas about freedom seem to be more about greater freedom for himself and less freedom for the rest of us if and when the his personal interests collide with the interests of others.

The owner of the democratic party, George Soros, is he a "rich and powerful" man?

Why is the left so concerned about a person's motivation? Personally, I don't give a shit why anyone does what they do, so long as they do what I want them to do.

I don't care why the butcher gets up at 6:00 AM to prepare the meat I buy. I don't care if he does it because he's trying to make the payments on his Mercedes or because he wants to bring the benefits of meat to all of humanity, so long as when I get to the grocery store there is meat in the cases in the butcher shop.

The beauty of capitalism is that it doesn't matter what a person's motivation is. The market ensures that consumers get what they want. Those who fail to provide what they want go out of business.

Last edited:

This obviously excludes bed wetters, because they're programmed to reject information without thinking.

Yes
This is what he does for charity donations;
New York-Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell: $15 million

M.D. Anderson Cancer Center: $25 million

The Hospital for Special Surgery: $26 million

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center: $30 million

Prostate Cancer Foundation: $41 million

Deerfield Academy: $68 million

Lincoln Center's NY State Theater: $100 million

Massachusetts Institute of Technology: $139 million
Obviously right wing hate groups! :lol:

Well, his motivation is to pay less in taxes so we have less medicare, Medicaid, pell grants, fed highway funds....

So I find his motivation illuminating.

Forum List

Back