Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society

Who says working for one's own interests excludes focusing on people other than one's self?

Usually, cooperation is in the best interests of all.

Leftists cannot grasp Adam Smith;

{But man has almost constant occasion for the help of his brethren, and it is in vain for him to expect it from their benevolence only. He will be more likely to prevail if he can interest their self-love in his favour, and show them that it is for their own advantage to do for him what he requires of them. Whoever offers to another a bargain of any kind, proposes to do this. Give me that which I want, and you shall have this which you want, is the meaning of every such offer; and it is in this manner that we obtain from one another the far greater part of those good offices which we stand in need of. It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages. Nobody but a beggar chuses to depend chiefly upon the benevolence of his fellow-citizens.}
I was kind of getting around that.

But it is becoming clear progressives cannot see past their own avarice and envy of what others have created for themselves, by serving the desires of others, to wrap their bitter little heads around the notion that tending to one's own business best serves the interests of others as well.

And they are the ones who have the brass to decry others as greedy.

What's the edge? It pays to be a selfish asshole, most of the time.

Leftists use the faux altruist con to gain power. A merchant truly values you - as a customer. A leftist has nothing but contempt for you, as a sucker to be conned.
The merchant values your cash, not you. I often smile when I deposit checks from some of my clients, like the churches. And they just think I'm a really great guy, which I am in the fact I help keep them up and running.

Beyond self-preservation, everything.

Name one thing.
Greed, lust, envy, the other seven deadly sins, most of what Jesus preached against, obscene profits, and the like. You have the morality of a small child so none of that will make sense to you.
You didn't happen to notice that envy and pride (i.e. the rank hubris you display with your nearly every post) were amongst those sins, did you? :lol:

Beyond self-preservation, everything.

Name one thing.
Greed, lust, envy, the other seven deadly sins, most of what Jesus preached against, obscene profits, and the like. You have the morality of a small child so none of that will make sense to you.

Name an actual act motivated by self-interest that would be immoral. Terms like "greed," "lust" "envy" are meaningless pablum. In the real world only actual behavior can be deemed moral or immoral. At least, only actual behavior can be the subject of legislation. So tell us, what behaviors or actions motivated by self-interest would altruist saint's like you like to outlaw?

Also, what is the difference between an "obscene profit" and the kind you approve of?

Name one thing.
You didn't happen to notice that envy and pride (i.e. the rank hubris you display with your nearly every post) were amongst those sins, did you? :lol:
I did. I suffer from neither.

Nope, but if I were as selfish an asshole as those here I would have been. Having morals gets in the way of making the big bucks.

What immoral acts did Steve Jobs commit to make the big bucks?
Many, starting with Slave Labor, or damn close to it. Review FoxConn.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/t...use-forced-student-labor-to-make-iphones.html

In other words, purely voluntary labor. Do you object to people making voluntary exchanges of their labor for money?

No, you certainly don't suffer from them. You embrace and revel in them.

Such a tiny, tiny man.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

You're a riot. You know that?

Name one thing.

Name an actual act motivated by self-interest that would be immoral. Terms like "greed," "lust" "envy" are meaningless pablum. In the real world only actual behavior can be deemed moral or immoral. At least, only actual behavior can be the subject of legislation. So tell us, what behaviors or actions motivated by self-interest would altruist saint's like you like to outlaw?

Also, what is the difference between an "obscene profit" and the kind you approve of?
Rape is immoral. Passing the costs of your business off to society is immoral. Dumping your waste in our streams is immoral. Lying to make a transition possible is immoral. It's very long list.

As for the terms, see the Catholic Church on that and remember, they once excommunicated people for charging interest. That's why the Jews were doing the banking then.

Forum List

Back