Lake Meade original water intake valve is visible for the first time since 1971

I understand your point ... but I don't think there's very many salt mines close to Huntington Beach ... the brine has to go back into the ocean, but that doesn't mean it has to go back where it will hurt stuff ... lay pipe over the continental shelf ... no fuzzy baby sea lions will be harmed ...
I've seen where it can be an issue close to land..........Ships are not allowed to dump it close in now.........If that is still the case.........Vast amount of water will increase the salinity.......if in massive doses...........But this can be handled.

Doesn't matter........the people of California have elected LOSERS.............who again are stopping the building of them............Oh well.........let them go without water if they are that freaking stupid

I've seen where it can be an issue close to land..........Ships are not allowed to dump it close in now.........If that is still the case.........Vast amount of water will increase the salinity.......if in massive doses...........But this can be handled.

Doesn't matter........the people of California have elected LOSERS.............who again are stopping the building of them............Oh well.........let them go without water if they are that freaking stupid

It's unfortunate........that California........................voters.....elected...........................such losers. The topic of ..............how......to get.................................more water into....................................................the desert southwest has...........................been ongoing for...............decades.....now.

Desal..............is very.......expensive and...................................energy.............intensive.

It's unfortunate........that California........................voters.....elected...........................such losers. The topic of ..............how......to get.................................more water into....................................................the desert southwest has...........................been ongoing for...............decades.....now.

Desal..............is very.......expensive and...................................energy.............intensive.
Well..............they ................are .............stupid.................and ............if ...............they .............want .................to DARWIN.................themselves..............OH......................................WELL.

Well..............they ................are .............stupid.................and ............if ...............they .............want .................to DARWIN.................themselves..............OH......................................WELL.

Yes........but.......desalinization......................is......very...........expensive.

As............I said............earlier.......................there have......been...many.................alternatives...........suggested. The water...............situation................isn't.............just...due..to...........the politicians...........you......don't approve.....of.

This....has..been........going on...........for.....more...than............a...........century.

California water ... that includes San Lois and Banks ...

You seem completely focused on snow ... it also rains in the Sierras ... and rainwater can be collected behind these dams just as easily as snowmelt ...

Here in Western Oregon, we empty our reservoirs every fall ... they have to contain a "100-year" flood event so they need to be empty unless we're flooding ... and these reservoirs fill up fast ... days, not weeks ... kinda amazing how much water can fall from the sky in a rather short period of time ...

Surprise surprise surprise ... most of these California dams have the same mandate ... containing a "100-year" flood event ... and managers measure how much snow in on the ground, calculate how much water if all the snow melted at once, plus the rain from an atmospheric river event, during a particularly wet year ... and draw their reservoirs down to contain that volume ... the outflow finds Banks and winds up in San Lois or points south ...

Split the State in half and make them fuckers in LA pay out their bloody assholes for Jefferson water ... they'll outlaw lawns there in a hurry I'll warrant ...
Yes, and Shasta Dam water releases are regulated by the Feds and local CA water authorities. The Sacramento river rises and falls accordingly. They try to predict how much water to retain and how much to release. In any case, the Central Valley and LA have been increasing their water usage year after year. They will need new water sources and, since most of lower CA is prone to drought the only place to get that water is from the Pacific ocean via desalinization facilities. Unfortunately Newsom is more concerned with spending now 100 Billion on a bullet train going essentially nowhere.

Keep voting for DemoKKKrats - no new water storage infrastructure. Enjoy your drought.

LOL.

So what is YOUR suggestion for improved water storage infrastructure. Given that just about every river coming out of the Sierras is now dammed I'm not sure how much more storage they can get.

I have little doubt more storage could be made available but that's not really the significant part of the problem.

LOL.

So what is YOUR suggestion for improved water storage infrastructure. Given that just about every river coming out of the Sierras is now dammed I'm not sure how much more storage they can get.

I have little doubt more storage could be made available but that's not really the significant part of the problem.
Greenies have been destroying a lot of dams and pumps that have been delivering water to the West side of the Sacramento river where most of the drought takes place.

Last edited:
How many and where?
The simultaneous removal of the four dams, with a combined height of 411ft (125m), makes it the largest dam removal project in America’s history, according to the Klamath River Renewal Corporation, the nonprofit tasked with overseeing the dam removals. It is also set to be the most expensive, at a cost of almost $450m

That was one of the largest.

Another link:

The simultaneous removal of the four dams, with a combined height of 411ft (125m), makes it the largest dam removal project in America’s history, according to the Klamath River Renewal Corporation, the nonprofit tasked with overseeing the dam removals. It is also set to be the most expensive, at a cost of almost $450m

That was one of the largest.

Another link:

Wow...4 dams! Well I see how they are without water now!

Wow...4 dams! Well I see how they are without water now!
It's still a lot of lost water but, nobody is without water but the agriculture on the West side of the Sacramento River has had their water supply significantly cut, residents are told to cut their water usage, etc. That being said, I am not arguing not to re-open the natural rivers in No. CA, but they had better solve their water problem somehow. As I mentioned, my suggestion is desalinization plants and closed aqueducts. OR, maybe it's just best for people to move away and significantly reduce agriculture?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back