Landry Tells Obama "I don't need a failed Pres. giving me a lecture"

He's got a point. When it comes to the economy, doing the opposite of what Obama does is usually the right move.

I actually agree with you somewhat. Obama should take up Bush's behavior in regards to Republicans.

Bush governed like Democrats didn't exist.

I think Obama should try to govern as if Republicans didn't exist.

He's got a point. When it comes to the economy, doing the opposite of what Obama does is usually the right move.

I actually agree with you somewhat. Obama should take up Bush's behavior in regards to Republicans.

Well by not following the War Power Act with Libya, he is acting like Congress does not exist

hope that makes you happy
:eusa_whistle:

That's the way Obama has been governing from the beginning. He didn't give a crap what the Republicans thought. And since the Democrats had control of the government, they could do whatever they wanted. He still doesn't care what Republicans have to say even after losing the House. But one thing is for sure: He's made many of the same mistakes Bush made. That's why people (like myself) call Obama "Bush-III."

The time to do that would have been much earlier in this first term...like right after his inauguration. Now he can't do that so much with them having gained one house in Congress and poised to gain the other after next year.

Well by not following the War Power Act with Libya, he is acting like Congress does not exist

hope that makes you happy

Let us hope that Boehner makes good his assertion of 'Further action' from the rebuke of the Congress regarding Libya yesterday.

They all walked out of the meeting and trashed everything he said. Cantor and Boehner are idiots, they didn't even comprehend anything that was said, guaranteed. Obama is so far beyond their grasp of anything that requires cognitive skills, it isn't even funny anymore.

Your worship of Obama borders on frightening at times, G. He's not the Messiah really - you do know that,right?

The longer we (as Americans) go on with this ridiculous bullshit, the longer our politicians have to bleed the nation dry. Is that what you want? If it is, that's fine but be honest about it. Don't pretend that you care about the country - as the founders intended it to be.

What I liked about Landry was that he doesn't kowtow to the POTUS. We need more politicians who focus on those who elected them and not some guy in the Oval Office. The President works for us, he doesn't own the country, he's an employee.

The ridiculous bullshit remains on your side of the political spectrum

I reject your attempt to paint me with that blind follower brush

no, you're not a blind follower:eusa_whistle:

I would never approve of such petulant behavior out of anyone.

I would high five any rep who turns down a meeting with the POTUS. No matter what letter came after his name. A meeting achieves nothing more than an opportunity to satisfy one's ego.

Exactly wrong.

And this illustrates what's wrong with Conservatism in general. Conservatives don't want compromise..they want capitulation. If you don't play by their rules..they won't play. Period.

And that's no way to govern in a representative democratic republic.

:lol:

care to put that to the test?

The time to do that would have been much earlier in this first term...like right after his inauguration. Now he can't do that so much with them having gained one house in Congress and poised to gain the other after next year.

Yes comrade

The initial programs they had were not progressive enough!
Indeed they were lacking the strength the gov't needs to get things done

We see "how great" his programs are working now. Imagine how great and how much closer we would be to our Progressive Utopia, if he just did more

No doubt come next election, voters are going to want to know...

"Where's the beef" in those programs?

dncnational-beef-franks-i2916.jpg

Last edited:

What reality do you guys live in? Have you been living in an underground bunker for the past few years without access to the outside world? Perhaps a drug-induced stupor might explain it. Anyway, let me know when you wake up.

Support for the US Constitution...

Which has beomce a cliche when used by those who are not trained in the law and/or Constitutional Scholars.

and the use of logical fallacies by some who can not support their point, seems to be cliche for many others

Truth is still the truth

After all Papa Obama claims to be a Constitutional lecturer or something and look how bad a job he does at supporting it
:eusa_angel:

Example would be greatly appreciated.

Which has beomce a cliche when used by those who are not trained in the law and/or Constitutional Scholars.

and the use of logical fallacies by some who can not support their point, seems to be cliche for many others

Truth is still the truth

After all Papa Obama claims to be a Constitutional lecturer or something and look how bad a job he does at supporting it

of a logical fallacy? Sure look at your last statement from the previous post

If you "don't believe any of that" why do you offer a contrasting and a qualifying statement?
I'm trying to illustrate that your use of the broad brush is foolish.

Looks like you still don't get it.

I posted the real life topics and sentiments I hear while living in Arizona and working in the defense industry. You can read the comments section of the Arizona Republic or East Valley Tribune to verify my statements.

Looks like you are an enabler.
Okay, we'll play it your way.

Democrats call Obama "that n-gger in the White House"

Looks like you're an enabler.

What reality do you guys live in? Have you been living in an underground bunker for the past few years without access to the outside world? Perhaps a drug-induced stupor might explain it. Anyway, let me know when you wake up.

Can you expand on that a little?

Truth is still the truth

of a logical fallacy? Sure look at your last statement from the previous post

Well, what I meant was an example of where, when and why Obama violated the US Contitution. As for logical fallacies, which one do you feel I offered?

This President, from the get go, has made attempt after attempt to reach across to Republicans. When he first got into office he had meeting after meeting with them. They were given every opportunity to have a voice in his administration.

The GnOP, on the other hand, decided that their course of action was going to be to put up a solid wall of obstructionism. They were going to do their best to ensure this President's failure at all costs...even if that cost was our economy and the future success of our country.

Poll after poll shows that the American people want compromise. The GnOP ONLY wants the President's failure, no matter WHAT the cost...

being 'given' a voice is not the same as compromise, your problem is you're a sheep,if he says he reached out you believe it,absent any concrete proof, they had the health-care summit, obama was clearly in over his head ( and that not just rep con site show said so either) and the reps,. 'had their best day in years'....pointing out issues that don't sppt. your position is not criminal, unless of course you want to back track on 'truth to power' and 'dissent is patriotic' bushwah you employed time and again, when its YOUR side foisting it:lol:.....

they the dems then went ahead and passed the largest most invasive bill ever created aside maybe, from SS since our founding with nary one rep. vote, not one here to fore dependable rino........, zip, nada, nothing. Lyndon Johnson he aint.

It's a message board. My point, even liberals think your bigotry is over the top, and they don't respect your tendency to play the race card every other post.

Something to consider.

I don't care what liberals or conservatives think about me. Do you care what people you don't know, never met or will met think about you?

P.S. I'm not a white conservative, I don't need to play the race card.

It's rarely the white conservatives that play the race card. It's the liberals.

Please..

"What if [Obama] is so outside our comprehension, that only if you understand Kenyan, anti-colonial behavior, can you begin to piece together [his actions]?" Gingrich asks. "That is the most accurate, predictive model for his behavior." -Newt Gingrich.

I hear you! The first two years the radical Left and the MSM was talking about how much Papa Obama was getting passed and how much done...

But then, after the rejection of his policies with the Democrats defeat in the House and inability of his programs to do any good for the economy- Now what is the Left trying to say

"We just couldn't get enough done that's why nothing is working"

They would do well to remember that no Democrat has ever won re-election with unemployment over 8%. For some reason, Americans like jobs.... maybe Democrats don't but the rest of us, we do.
Or maybe it's rich Democrats (and Republicans) who benefit from high unemployment?

Snipped for irrelevant gibberish

If you're gonna quote me, respond to what I'm saying.... don't throw a few irrelevant strawmen around in the hope of burning some smoke to cloud what I said.

I made a legitimate, and factually accurate comment. No Democrat has ever been re-elected with unemployment over 8%. I said nothing about who likes or does not like unemployment.

Fucking idiot.
You made (another) "legitimate and factually accurate comment" you didn't provide any proof for

Are you too fucking stupid to see the connection between low labor costs (high unemployment) and how the richest 1% of Americans recovered trillions of dollars during the last two years?

Corporate shill.

I don't care what liberals or conservatives think about me. Do you care what people you don't know, never met or will met think about you?

P.S. I'm not a white conservative, I don't need to play the race card.

It's rarely the white conservatives that play the race card. It's the liberals.

Please..

"What if [Obama] is so outside our comprehension, that only if you understand Kenyan, anti-colonial behavior, can you begin to piece together [his actions]?" Gingrich asks. "That is the most accurate, predictive model for his behavior." -Newt Gingrich.

What's wrong with that statement? It happens to be true. Obama has a problem with what the Brits did to his grandfather...the USA is just as culpable in his mind, and it shows in what he is doing.

I hear you! The first two years the radical Left and the MSM was talking about how much Papa Obama was getting passed and how much done...

But then, after the rejection of his policies with the Democrats defeat in the House and inability of his programs to do any good for the economy- Now what is the Left trying to say

"We just couldn't get enough done that's why nothing is working"

Or break it enough and offer to fix it with more of the same... "If we can't fix it? It ain't broke..." ;)

Forum List

Back