Lazy Women Complains She Has No Food For Her Kids

This is what happens when democrats tell lazy unskilled black women that we'll give you more money if you have more kids.

I'm a bit curious what you guys think about this. :smiliehug:

If she owns even a little land, she can buy a pack of carrot seeds for $0.20. Each pack has over 100 seeds in it. If you care for your crops you can reap a good harvest and blanch/store the remainder in the freezer. Garden food is cheaper and healthier than much of the processed food you find in the store.

And what the hey. The latter part of the article with Camilla Lewis has her saying her son can't eat processed food because of a stomach disorder. SO, she keeps buying processed food... When I was dirt poor I'd buy super cheap bags of dried lentils, beans, and brown rice. Poor people in 3rd world countries like Africa would kill for what America's poor have. I saw a photo of a little African girl with just a rag around her little hips, a bloated, hungry belly, and neither hope nor opportunity for a good future.

We Americans need to count the many blessings we have, and be damned grateful for them. That, and buy healthy, cheap staples like beans and lentils. You don't need processed food and stuff like that to live. You'll feel better, too, with a nice bowl of simple brown rice with a little dash of pepper. People should tighten their belts and buy only what they need; live below your means as much as you can and save your money!

[MENTION=18990]Barb[/MENTION] [MENTION=23094]martybegan[/MENTION] [MENTION=25032]ClosedCaption[/MENTION] [MENTION=24535]jknowgood[/MENTION] [MENTION=12997]auditor0007[/MENTION] [MENTION][/MENTION] [MENTION=24610]iamwhatiseem[/MENTION] [MENTION=39530]AceRothstein[/MENTION]

Yes.
When my wife and I got our first place in 1988, it was a 4 room "fixer upper". $12,000.
We had no money. What did we do?
We saved up for a used woodstove and used that to heat the house.
We planted a garden in the backyard.
She took a weekend job.
Myself and three other guys started to build decks for people, then we started roofing houses. That made money. Good money. So we did more roofs, all in the evenings and weekends.
I saved up a pretty tidy sum of money over that summer, and spent all of it on materials for our house. Redid everything - drywall, windows, roof, siding built a nice deck on the front and the back of the house.
We sold the house for $39,000..materials was about $8000, so we cleared $19,000.
Used that as a down payment on our 2nd house...also a fixer upper. Repeat. Cleared almost $30,000 plus the original $19,000.
In 2 years, both of us together made less than $13 an hour...generated $50,000 in the bank.
Then I got a better job, as did the wife, had two children, a better job, then another better job. One child graduates college this year, the other starts his 2nd year this fall.
Both doing very well thank you.

THE AMAZING PART..............READY..........BETTER SIT DOWN...HARD TO BELIEVE I KNOW.... I never accepted one red cent of government money.
I KNOW RIGHT???.....it is called making your own way.

Thats amazing why cant everyone be as awesome as you?

Tell me, how did you buy a house with no money then proceed to save money for a wood stove with no money?

One thing is for sure, you should feel nostalgia. The wages hasnt changed much since the 80's but you cant find a house for 12 grand anymore. Weird thing is that the wages didnt go up but the prices for everything else did.

[

When will you Rightwingers get it through your skulls that food stamps fraud is RARE. Is it rare because people wouldn't want to mooch? No it's rare for two very important reasons.

1) The enrollment process is very thorough. Every asset a person signing up has must be accounted for. Above all else your income is thoroughly validated.

2) Theree really isn't much incentive to. If you make a comfortable living, the risk of being caught is no where near the benefits. These people get less than 150.00 a month. Anyone who tries to scam this program is an idiot for multiple reasons.

HAHAHA. All govt programs are riddled with fraud and nobody in govt cares. Govt can't do anything right.

This is what happens when democrats tell lazy unskilled black women that we'll give you more money if you have more kids.

How was she able to be employed without any skills? Thats really weird.

Maybe she should go get a job....The job market is flooded with job...oh...

According to the government the lack of jobs problem will be solved by importing millions of unskilled laborers.

[

When will you Rightwingers get it through your skulls that food stamps fraud is RARE. Is it rare because people wouldn't want to mooch? No it's rare for two very important reasons.

1) The enrollment process is very thorough. Every asset a person signing up has must be accounted for. Above all else your income is thoroughly validated.

2) Theree really isn't much incentive to. If you make a comfortable living, the risk of being caught is no where near the benefits. These people get less than 150.00 a month. Anyone who tries to scam this program is an idiot for multiple reasons.

HAHAHA. All govt programs are riddled with fraud and nobody in govt cares. Govt can't do anything right.

Bullshit. Only 2.77% of food stamps funding was fraudulent.

Food stamp fraud and errors are at historic low, while need is high, USDA report shows | cleveland.com

No reason for the poor little tykes to suffer...surely some bleeding heart liberals will come to their rescue financially... Lol

I'm a bit curious what you guys think about this. :smiliehug:

[MENTION=18990]Barb[/MENTION] [MENTION=23094]martybegan[/MENTION] [MENTION=25032]ClosedCaption[/MENTION] [MENTION=24535]jknowgood[/MENTION] [MENTION=12997]auditor0007[/MENTION] [MENTION][/MENTION] [MENTION=24610]iamwhatiseem[/MENTION] [MENTION=39530]AceRothstein[/MENTION]

FUCK YOU @ wake The kid can't eat processed food - 1 of 4 - and she had to stretch BE 4. BECAUSE there wasn't bennie and BECAUSE they fucked up, NOT BECAUSE she's the fucked up version of YOU.

I wish you wouldn't explode like that in response to someone else's thoughts. This is the 2nd time you've said "fuck you" to me simply because my worldview is different than yours. You're better than that. You don't see me raging against you because I can't keep my emotions in check.

Now, please reread what I said. If you read my post you would know that I understand the child cannot eat processed food, but that she continues to buy it. What she should be doing is buying cheap and healthy unprocessed staples like dried lentils, beans, and brown rice. That food is very inexpensive, filling, and really good for lowering your cholesterol, helping your liver and bowels, giving you extra protein, etc. Did you know you can get 2lbs of dried black beans for less than $2 a bag? And also, black beans sport really high amounts of fiber, protein, and antioxidants. Servings of black beans would be a far cry better than slices of greasy, processed pizza, and easier on the wallet and your health, too.

Please don't explode on me, Barb. I am not your enemy, and have no ill will towards you. We simply disagree on some stuff. Do you think it'd be better to buy some healthy and cheap staples instead of processed food?

okay, I'm sorry. But I've been there with 2 kids and shitty paychecks. It's no fun working your ass off to feel like losermom without people piling on and making it seem like a choice.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about this woman. It shouldn't matter if she is lazy and refuses to work. Her KIDS are STARVING. Forget about condemning the woman for a moment, and think about five little kids who are completely innocent, going hungry because their mum has no food to feed them.

No wonder he mentioned lazy, black and bastard all in one sentence. He didnt want you to read this part

The food stamp delays can be traced to troubles with a computer system designed by Accenture, one of the world’s largest consulting firms. The company is among a small group of politically connected technology contractors that receive government business across the country despite previous criticism of their work.

Accenture won the North Carolina contract after spending thousands of dollars on political contributions and lobbying in the state. North Carolina hired Accenture even though at least six other states -- Colorado, Florida, Wyoming, Kansas, Wisconsin and Texas -- have canceled contracts with the company in the past decade over problems with its computer systems.

The glitches in North Carolina mark another example of government technology gone awry, turning a program created to sustain millions of people through hard times into a new aggravation.

Of course the OP gets mad at some single mother trying to feed her kids and not about the outright corruption in the artcle.

I bet the OP could kick that bitches ass Amirite! Too bad he doesnt have the stones to go after a bigger opponent

You're right, we should be outraged that some inept, incompetent firm receives preferential treatment when it comes to government doling out contracts. But then, inept and incompetent seem to be the hallmarks of this administration, from the top on down. But I'm betting you equally correct that this woman is the epitome of an obama-voter who is now reaping what she's sown.

Might know you would say that.

What we need in this world is a lot less damn christians celebrating hungry children.

Many churches run food pantries for people in their area. The people who fill those food pantries are the same people you are damning. What do you do to help hungry children?

Well, good for those churches, but they can't do 5% of what the government does for people.

Actually they're closer to 500% better than a government program could ever hope to achieve.

I went to the new Mormon temple here while it was open, incredible architecture and craftsmanship throughout. God made that with asking for no more than 10% of your money, it was amazing. The government on then other hand wants 35-50% of your money and can't build a website.

Churches do far more with far less than the government could ever hope for to help people. It's been that way forever. Why do you deny it?

How much does that smart phone cost her per month?

What "smart phone?" I didn't see that, either.

You DO know that with kids in school, its important to have a # where you can be reached? They (school nurse and such) aren't going to drive to the house or deploy a messenger pigeon in case of emergency. :asshole:

Oh, dear! How did we ever survive without cell phones?!!

I had to make use of the community food bank for a few days until the national Guard started handing out Meals Ready to Eat following Katrina. The day I went, they had all the sauerkraut a person could want. They also had lots of canned salsa and some green chili peppers. I was in welfare heaven!

So you were too fucking stupid to leave a hurricane area with a weeks warning and had to rely on food banks and the Guard to keep you alive?

Impressive work ethic there asshole.

Yeah Stocked up on a bag of beans, rice, pasta and some Ragu just like the rest of us do. Less than 10 bucks can feed those kids just not what they like to eat. They'll eat it if their hungry. The dollor store has a freezer section...NO REASON for anyone to miss a meal.
Seems the smartphone is more of a priority than feeding her own children...
Cry me a River...

you're even less sentient than staph.

well then, you're so giving raid you families food and give to her
put your caring where your mouth is...lol

it's not our fault she relies on the guberment and taxpayers...the guberment gives and the guberment can have glitches and take's away

My second job is per diem at a permanent housing facility for the homeless. They also have a food bank, clothing room, and put out a meal every day. The need grows, and resources dwindle.

In 1967, my newly-widowed 45 year-old mother with 7 kids also had no food. We all went rot-gut hungry in a hurry. For the ensuing seven years. It was fucking hell.

Yet here I am. And here we are. Pain, suffering, hunger, hopelessness, desperation and deprivation are great character-builders.

Well, for Republicans anyway.

You Liberals can go ahead and wallow in your self-pity. I got no time for that shit.

Yet again, people:

Compare that to record corporate profits in which 95% of financial gains went to the richest 1% of the population.
https://www.google.com/search?q=95%25+financial+gains+1%25&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Why are there so many employed people on food stamps? Why aren't wages enough to buy healthy food, pay your bills, and still have a little extra to save? Why are so many millions of American workers still having to resort to government assistance and food banks just to barely scrape by? Are they all lazy liberal full-time working moochers?

In 1967, my newly-widowed 45 year-old mother with 7 kids also had no food. We all went rot-gut hungry in a hurry. For the ensuing seven years. It was fucking hell.

Yet here I am. And here we are. Pain, suffering, hunger, hopelessness, desperation and deprivation are great character-builders.

Well, for Republicans anyway.

You Liberals can go ahead and wallow in your self-pity. I got no time for that shit.

I am sorry to hear that you had it hard...I believe we as a nation today can do far better for our people. This shouldn't never happened!

Forum List

Back