🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Leave It To An Irishman To Have Some Balls: "America Has Elected A Fascist."

The electoral college worked exactly as it was designed to work. How is that "flawed?"

Actually, the electoral college is designed precisely to prevent fascist demagogues from infecting the white house. It failed.

The Electoral College Was Created to Stop Demagogues Like Trump
Nope. It was designed to prevent a few big states from controlling who became President, and it is working perfectly.

It wasn't intended to prevent Republicans from getting elected, as you apparently believe.

That's not actually true. It was created in a time when people simply didn't have enough access to the information required to make an educated vote.

Also, Alexander Hamilton wrote about the reasons in the Federalist Papers. From the article:

"Consider what Alexander Hamilton wrote in Federalist Paper Number 68. The Electors were supposed to stop a candidate with “Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity” from becoming President. The Electors were supposed to be “men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice.”

They were to “possess the information and discernment requisite to such complicated investigations” as the selection of the President, and they were supposed to “afford as little opportunity as possible to tumult and disorder.” They were even supposed to prevent “the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils.”

Hamilton was talking about demagogues. The word “demagogue” appears in both the first and last Federalist Papers; in Federalist Paper Number 1, for instance, Hamilton worried about the “military despotism of a victorious demagogue.”

"the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils.”

This seems especially apt as well.
You do realize that the pro-Brexit British prime minister has friendly relations with Trump, right?

What does that have to do with the line I quoted?

I am part Irish, I remember the violence and strife and the "troubles". We in America, haven't had to go through any of that, so it amazes me a Irishman could be so brazen and so ignorant to say such a thing.

You are 100% delusional. WAKE UP.
Humorous. I voted for Trump, because I am so fed up with smug self righteous dictating twerps browbeating or intimidating folks on issues out side of their sphere.

Perhaps the best description of Trump I have seen.
I voted for the republican party, I can't stand liberal group think bullshit anymore. Hint hint.

I am part Irish, I remember the violence and strife and the "troubles". We in America, haven't had to go through any of that, so it amazes me a Irishman could be so brazen and so ignorant to say such a thing.

Humorous. I voted for Trump, because I am so fed up with smug self righteous dictating twerps browbeating or intimidating folks on issues out side of their sphere.

I voted for the republican party, I can't stand liberal group think bullshit anymore. Hint hint.

OK. It's still a great description of Trump.

Liberalism has become the new fascism . Hillary & Obama liberals want to control the narrative here, and make everyone the bad guy that disagrees with them. True liberals wouldn't play that mind control game, so cries of Fascism seem as hollow and empty as liberalism itself has become.

When I read liberals shouting out warring of fascism, I think Robespierre warning of conspiracies. Really? Liberalism is the paradigm that needs to be overthrown. Liberals are crypto fascist.

Let me make this clear to you -- FUCK YOU.

You don't make a troll post about me being proud of a bombing and expect me to "tolerate" that from you, scumbag. I don't "tolerate" scumbag pieces of shit like you -- get that through your brick thick cranium. Asshole.

Get the fuck out of here, troll.
You were clear the first time, but I can see why someone like you wouldn't understand.

If you can't tolerate me, why are you getting so worked up about me instead of hitting that ignore button? Do you need someone to show you how to do it? Here, let me help: Click HERE then cut'n'paste my username: Divine.Wind

Let me make this clear to you -- FUCK YOU.

You don't make a troll post about me being proud of a bombing and expect me to "tolerate" that from you, scumbag. I don't "tolerate" scumbag pieces of shit like you -- get that through your brick thick cranium. Asshole.

Get the fuck out of here, troll.
You were clear the first time, but I can see why someone like you wouldn't understand.

If you can't tolerate me, why are you getting so worked up about me instead of hitting that ignore button? Do you need someone to show you how to do it? Here, let me help: Click HERE then cut'n'paste my username: Divine.Wind

The ignore feature is for pussies and conservatives.

You voted for the Republican party because you are a partisan hack. Hope you're happy with your vote...lol

You voted for the Republican party because you are a partisan hack. Hope you're happy with your vote...lol
You are so much better? I didn't get a choice as to the candidate. Are you happy you lost? Happiness wasn't an issue.

You are so much better? I didn't get a choice as to the candidate. Are you happy you lost?

Of course you had a choice. You had the choice to vote for the first female president of the USA, the most qualified candidate in history. But no, you chose to remain a partisan hack.

And of course I'm not happy I lost. We're screwed as a country. It's done. Stick a fork in the USA.

Best damn speech I've heard in some time. Take note, American Democrats -- THIS is what you're supposed to be doing. I've never been more proud to be Irish.

Dear Ireland,

When we want your opinion, we'll give it to ya.

Love,

Da Most Powerful Country in Th World
Exactly why other country's are so concerned.
Fuck 'em, they don't get a say so in our internal politics..... just like we shouldn't be screwing around with their internal politics.

This Irish politician is just upset because the established order that he so heavily depends on for his living and sense of self worth are falling apart around him.... tough shit paddy, go get a real job.

Does that say so also include hacking and the selective release of private correspondences?
Umm..yeah, any other stupid fucking questions?

Please excuse my interruption during the planning stages of your straw man construction project.

You are so much better? I didn't get a choice as to the candidate. Are you happy you lost?

Of course you had a choice. You had the choice to vote for the first female president of the USA, the most qualified candidate in history. But no, you chose to remain a partisan hack.

And of course I'm not happy I lost. We're screwed as a country. It's done. Stick a fork in the USA.

Have you not gotten your play dough and therapy puppy yet?

Have you not gotten your play dough and therapy puppy yet?
Whoa....the Hillary worshippers get play dough AND a therapy puppy? This just ain't fair.

My POTUS candidate lost too and all I got was "fuck you" email from the RNC.

Come on Trump is not fascist at all.
Fascism died forever in 1945 and I think will never come back :)

i hate to burst your bubble

Fascism is alive, well, stronger and being practiced in DC as we speak.

The gargantuan bankrupt welfare/warfare police state is purely fascist.

...The Fascist State organizes the nation, but leaves a sufficient margin of liberty to the individual; the latter is deprived of all useless and possibly harmful freedom, but retains what is essential; the deciding power in this question cannot be the individual, but the State alone....

Benito Mussolini

Franklin D. Roosevelt wrote about fascism: "The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism — ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power

One has only to read these boards to realize that some fascism is alive and well' and in the USA.

Franklin D. Roosevelt wrote about fascism: "The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism — ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power

Let me see if I understand you.

It is fascism if a corporation manipulates the government

but it is NOT fascism

when the parasites, the berners manipulate the government

Is that right?

Forum List

Back