Leftists of California start secede process

Why don't you go back and read the question again before you make a COMPLETE ass our of yourself???

The state that gets the most Contract money according to an article with 2014 statistics says Virginia. California is #2.

Most Profitable States for Government Contractors | FEDSched

Finally --- only took you two tries!

Now, how is California going to replace that income?

How? By charging the government for the military bases there, and charge them for using their ports. Charge more for fruits and vegetables... oh I'm sure they are find plenty ways to make up for it. They make money there, even though it's a Democratic state and that believes in helping the less fortunate.

LOL --- what makes you think we would be the least bit interested in keeping military bases there? Why use your ports? Hell, I can ship cheaper thru Mexico right now. Let's see --- I can pay $5 for a California watermelon, or $3 for one grown in Kansas. Damn, you sure make this tough.

Give me a break --- it's a stupid idea by stupid people.

Yeah Watermelon season last the same amount of time in Kansas as it does in California. REALLY? And you are wondering why Cowman is calling you names? Why would the government keep a military base there? Maybe because they need a port for their naval base in San Diego? The Marine base Camp Pendleton is there where the western half of the country Marines go for boot camp. Not to mention the Defense Language Institute in Monterey. You think they are just going to up and move? I know I'm missing more...there are 5 Air Force bases in California including one of the largest in the country, Edwards Air Force base.

You really, really don't get it, do you?

That is ever so sad.

Cowman You're free to disbelieve Sir, matters not to me. I've been talking about it since I got to this board. It's actually relatively easy to increase ones IQ, that is rather the point of my quest.

Does anybody ever fucking take you seriously with this trash?

I'm on a quest to become a level 10 wizard!

Hang in there .... Level 2 can be yours if you just work hard, really hard ... and cheat.

Ah... the Trump card.

Damn, you REALLY don't make any sense at all.

Oh, by the way California. You'll need to find a new source of water, the Colorado will no longer be available to you.
Not to mention electricity.

If we don't support federal government we can build our own water desalination plant and nuclear plant to produce electricity. So don't worry about that.
And If we cut off the food supply what happen then?

What Would We Eat if It Weren’t for California?

Food scientists at Cornell University have produced a strain of broccoli that thrives in hot environments, which may make it possible for states with stiflingly hot summers to grow the vegetable. California, where cool coastal fog is perfect for growing standard broccoli, currently produces more than 90 percent of the broccoli grown in the United States. If California were to disappear, what would the American diet be like?

Expensive and grainy. California produces a sizable majority of many American fruits, vegetables, and nuts: 99 percent of artichokes, 99 percent of walnuts, 97 percent of kiwis, 97 percent of plums, 95 percent of celery, 95 percent of garlic, 89 percent of cauliflower, 71 percent of spinach, and 69 percent of carrots (and the list goes on and on). Some of this is due to climate and soil. No other state, or even a combination of states, can match California’s output per acre. Lemon yields in California, for example, are more than 50 percent higher than in Arizona. California spinach yield per acre is 60 percent higher than the national average. Without California, supply of all these products in the United States and abroad would dip, and in the first few years, a few might be nearly impossible to find. Orchard-based products in particular, such as nuts and some fruits, would take many years to spring back.

Oh, by the way California. You'll need to find a new source of water, the Colorado will no longer be available to you.
Not to mention electricity.

If we don't support federal government we can build our own water desalination plant and nuclear plant to produce electricity. So don't worry about that.
And If we cut off the food supply what happen then?

What Would We Eat if It Weren’t for California?

Food scientists at Cornell University have produced a strain of broccoli that thrives in hot environments, which may make it possible for states with stiflingly hot summers to grow the vegetable. California, where cool coastal fog is perfect for growing standard broccoli, currently produces more than 90 percent of the broccoli grown in the United States. If California were to disappear, what would the American diet be like?

Expensive and grainy. California produces a sizable majority of many American fruits, vegetables, and nuts: 99 percent of artichokes, 99 percent of walnuts, 97 percent of kiwis, 97 percent of plums, 95 percent of celery, 95 percent of garlic, 89 percent of cauliflower, 71 percent of spinach, and 69 percent of carrots (and the list goes on and on). Some of this is due to climate and soil. No other state, or even a combination of states, can match California’s output per acre. Lemon yields in California, for example, are more than 50 percent higher than in Arizona. California spinach yield per acre is 60 percent higher than the national average. Without California, supply of all these products in the United States and abroad would dip, and in the first few years, a few might be nearly impossible to find. Orchard-based products in particular, such as nuts and some fruits, would take many years to spring back.

Not sure if Japan still uses them, but they had a way of using ocean waves to produce electricity. California could use those as well.

charwin95 thanks for that info I was actually looking for it not to long ago :)

Do you think the "nation of CA" would refuse to have any trade agreements with the US?

charwin95 thanks for that info I was actually looking for it not to long ago :)

Do you think the "nation of CA" would refuse to have any trade agreements with the US?

Actually I am asking you the same question..... It can go both ways. If you are acting like an asshole hypocrite neighbor then we don't need you. We can live on our own. So the answer is.......... if your willing to be a good neighbor then it's a deal.......

But the way it shows with a bunch of assholes and hatred towards their own fellow Americans ......... Then I can say Go Fuck Yourself.

Your state has far more criminals than California. Alaska is number one in the nation but you don't see me trashing your state.

@charwin False. Please tell me upon what scientific studies and theories you base your theory? The only theory is that IQ is set in stone upon leaving school, however that idea doesn't hold water at all. Even a mere glance at the Flynn effect, disproves it.

How about a more down to earth analysis though? Do you suppose that Asian's and American's are "made" of different stuff? Then how does one explain the marked difference between their IQs? How about the proven science that merely breast feeding your child averages +6 points? Truth is that inheritance (aka race, nationality) only accounts for 6% of IQ deviance.

Social, economical, self-control, stress, exercise, diet (mostly fat content), the PFC, etc., all factor into IQ, and further that these things are in fact alterable.

By taking advantage of my particular skill-set's I leverage my uniqueness to best advantage in my quest. To example, due to my Synesthesia I don't have typical "emotions" which means I excel in self-control (which means less stress) - As I recall from a 2013 study the gain from that alone was 12points gF (which is the most difficult to increase.) I also have a near photographic memory for written word which I use extensively to increase gC (which is also increased by simply learning new tasks and abilities.) I also consistently conceptualize alternate solutions to every problem I face in life, which again increases gC and gF. Having time, I've dedicated myself to the quest of learning something new every day, and in large part I have achieved these goals since I was around 20. I'm a walking trivial pursuit game heh

My typical word of caution however: increasing your IQ over 125 is in general a waste for most folks. You can do any job on the planet with 125 so there is no reason to go higher :)

References:
The "for dummies" version - How to Improve Your IQ

A bit more advanced version - Boot Camp for Boosting IQ

Science: Improving Intelligence

I read those books a long time ago and you can disagree however you want.

People spent years in college............ so by your theory by the time they graduated they should have an IQs of 200? Yes? No?

In that case we should have a bunch of 180 To 200 IQs educated people running around. Yes? No?
People spent years and years in college but still stupid. Yes? No?

Lots students like to be an engineer or doctors and *no matter* how they tried their brain cannot handle it. Because their brains are max out. Yes? No? Don't tell me by reading that book of yours will increase their IQ.

People *max out* their IQs by reading and studying then become more knowledgeable and wiser............. but that doesn't mean you increase your IQ.

And what difference does it make if you have 200 level IQ but your income is only less than 100k?

We're already on the path to energy independence. We're reinventing the energy grid toward distributed power. Robots are the future, as well as the internet of things, and we lead those fields. We have food. We can use bitCoin or some other cryptocurrency. We could reinvent the modern nation for the 21st Century.

I think we could bring in Washington, Oregon and Nevada. This is the way of the world, diffusion and decoupling. It's a global tide.

Don't try to mess with us after we build gigantic battle robots.

California isn't going anywhere. It's too strong a financial powerhouse for the United States.

You all are idiots if you'd be willing to let California go for political reasons. Yeah, let's give up our highest GDP state by a large margin... cause we hate valley girls!

It's no secret to anyone with an iQ over 7 that California is on course to fail. California has always been such an economic powerhouse because it's full of hard working, wealthy, motivated, smart people. (I'm not talking about actors and actresses)
Well...as low grade humans that reproduce like cockroaches continue to dominate population growth the scale tips and average iQ decreases and as we were all taught we legitimate humans seek like-minded people and leave this filthy shit-hole. Like it or not, winners don't like hanging with losers....Remember the old saying: "If you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas"
California has rolled the red carpet out for low-lifes and screwed over quality citizens for far too long.

charwin95 In any event, yes AK has an issue with domestic violence, and while I'm sure some will call me a racist for saying it, the truth is that it's the Native Alaskan's, it's part of their culture for whatever reason and they are self-governing bodies. I don't deny it, however I do argue that /if/ we were to instill the laws, rules, and culture of Anchorage/Fairbanks with the natives their crime would be far less. You have to understand that in the villages, we are typically talking about a number of families (from 1 to 50) who are managing their own affairs, so, for example, when the son beats his wife he gets away with it many times before it's even brought to the attention of the troopers (it's pretty much the same thing that happens in ghetto communities; let it go, let it go, let it go, until it gets out of hand and someone gets seriously hurt) - well that "when someone gets seriously hurt" is when Anchorage ends up taking over (because we have the prisons for the state) and we deal with the criminals that the villages can't handle (aka gave up on dealing with,) which puts a crime number on our national ratings. Worse these folks even after their stint in jail are then stuck in Anchorage with no finances, nor welcome, to go back home - so we have this homeless population that drinks heavily and (helpfully/unhelpfully depending on how you view it) are used to living off the land to a great extent so have little desire to work. These now "ousted" natives tend to form quasi-village communities and continue their, what city folk would call "barbaric," behaviors. In fact, on crime maps you can see exactly where they set up camp; around beans cafe and around the native hospital - [another group of stranded folks]) It is what it is. Even so, there really isn't that much crime and given the choice between Alaska and what I've seen of the lower 48, I firmly believe that Alaska as a shit ton safer, and pretty much anyone who's been up here would agree without question, regardless of what the national stats reflect.

As far as the IQ thing, you miss the key element which is a desire to learn things. IF said persons /wanted/ to learn in college yes, if they are the typical student who doesn't put in the effort the obviously they're not going to increase their IQ. Also college learning isn't designed to build IQ, in fact, not much of it has nothing to do with IQ increases and has more to do with 'conformity to rules' which is an antithesis to 'curiosity' that drives IQ growth. But as you said, you can believe what you want. Also, I'm pretty sure I noted that getting over 125 IQ was meaningless as far as jobs were concerned; 125 is said to be the level at which you can do any position in the world. If I left that off this particular post of that issue, well, there it is.

Anyway, so basically your answer to my question is that you think California would not have trade agreements with the US.

Just to reiterate again here, my gist and presumption here is a hypothetical and theoretical discussion - IF Cali votes to succeed is the rest of the US willing to go to war to force them to stay, and the what happens if we let them go.

Treeshepherd ah someone who lives in N. Cali, my buddies are all in San Fran so it's nice to have another informed opinion! Do you think that the businesses would stay in Cali if they succeeded? You bring up a point though, would CA be willing to trade the artichokes for water? Carrots for electricity? heh (My buddies in SF tell me that all of their water and a bunch of the power comes from out of state which made me wonder)

BrokeLoser another S. Cali :) I had read that CA has 32% of the entire nations welfare recipients, which is a bit concerning if you ask me considering they only have 13% of the countries population (but w/e) I take it from your post that if Cali voted to succeed you would be one of those who fled to the US?

For both of ya'll, what do you think the chances of splitting CA N and S would be? I guess I assume that LA and SF are rather dependent financially upon NoCal but I've not researched it yet so I'd love to hear your thoughts on that.

Do you think that the businesses would stay in Cali if they succeeded? You bring up a point though, would CA be willing to trade the artichokes for water? Carrots for electricity? heh (My buddies in SF tell me that all of their water and a bunch of the power comes from out of state which made me wonder)

California imports a third of its electricity, mostly from our friends in nearby states which might join the new nation of Westeros or Cali McFornia or Pacific Paradise.

The water issue is a problem. But I don't think the Colorado is a sustainable solution anyway. Gotta figure something else out regardless.

@treesheperd hmm I hadn't really considered other states trying to succeed with CA, I've not heard anything from any of them putting up votes to it have you?

Still, I wouldn't think that Washington, Oregon, nor Nevada would join Cali's succession dreams - idk enough about Arizona to hazard a guess there.

Though I do think at that point there would be a civil war over it.

BrokeLoser another S. Cali :) I had read that CA has 32% of the entire nations welfare recipients, which is a bit concerning if you ask me considering they only have 13% of the countries population (but w/e) I take it from your post that if Cali voted to succeed you would be one of those who fled to the US?

For both of ya'll, what do you think the chances of splitting CA N and S would be?

I think the whole discussion is novelty. I don't see a clear pathway to succession...But I'll play anyhoo.
I'm leaving either way as I have a 63 acre ranch awaiting me.
Without a doubt, a succession could accelerate my departure. Frankly, I'm a bit burnt out on living among low grade people and nothing bothers me more than watching low grade people act so proud to have turned a beautiful place into a filthy shit hole in such a short amount of time.
I'm ready to go...I just need that extra 'reason'.

Leftists of California start secede process

Again?

They do that every time they lose.

And then they remember that, if they secede, they won't have anyone else to sponge off of, except other leftists who were already depending on others' largesse.

Then the season's talk of secession suddenly fades away.

I give it three weeks. That's about the average, based on past experience with leftists, repeated many times.

Yeah, just wait for all these Blue states that are in the black in their budgets, decide they are tired of carrying a bunch of the Red states that are sucking on the Federal funding. The U. S. would be so fucked.

Please leave then.

Take California with you.

We'll then invade you and take it back, killing a bunch of you in the process.

BrokeLoser oh yea I don't think it's likely to happen there's a /lot/ of hurdles to overcome. Even /if/ CA can get the votes to change their state constitution, they have to then get the vote of the people to actually succeed, and then have to convince the rest of the country to support their succession which is seriously questionable.

Ah I see, your a soon to be "Californian refugee." I rescued one myself a couple years ago; a geologist looking for oil work. We've kind of adopted him as a replacement for our boys who grew up and moved out heh Poor guy, right before he started the drive up here his engine blew up so he had to ship it up (my husband's a mechanic so we put a new engine in her) then last year some jack wagon ran a stop sign and totaled it >.< Then he buys a used car and it's engine blew a couple weeks ago [clearly he knows nothing of cars... he's under "supervision" before he buys a replacement hahaha but for now he's driving one of our spares] I suppose I'd say "and to top it all off the oil prices dumped so they weren't hiring geologists" but he got on with TSA so he's pretty happy. My husband's letting him stay until he can afford to buy his own house so we'll have him for a while. (It's a good thing because our dogs passed away and with the kids all leaving we needed a new "garbage disposal" for the left overs - we're used to cooking for 3 teens so we are constantly overfilling the fridge - our refugee loves it here :p )

@treesheperd hmm I hadn't really considered other states trying to succeed with CA, I've not heard anything from any of them putting up votes to it have you?

Still, I wouldn't think that Washington, Oregon, nor Nevada would join Cali's succession dreams - idk enough about Arizona to hazard a guess there.

Though I do think at that point there would be a civil war over it.

There won't be a civil war because America won't be able to defeat our battle drones or penetrate our forcefield dome. This isn't going to be voted on until 2019.

Who can say what will happen between now and then?

map-calexit1.jpg

Treeshepherd No offense but I see that as wishful thinking on the part of /only/ CA. Do you have a single shred of evidence that WA, OR, or NV are making plans to succeed? I've not seen a lick of it.

Forum List

Back