Leftists owe the rest of us an explanation for the Florida shooting

Maybe every kid can be given a gun when they enter fifth grade. That way when school shootings happen, everyone can unload on the "shooter" and we can have 5 - 10 times as many casualties!!

What a stupid idea. Why would we do that?

So that gun manufacturers can make more money. Duh.

Your logic does not resemble our Earth logic. You tell us nothing about what other people think and do, and everything about what YOU would do if you weren't such an impotent little worm.

We banned guns from schools, just like you wanted. Even people with concealed carry permits trained to use their guns safely didn't have them. And your plan worked. No one had a gun and was able to defend themselves and shoot back. And 17 people died because of it.

You owe us an explanation. What is wrong with your plan? Why isn't it working?

Maybe you can ask your drug dealer why banning guns doesn't work the next time you buy a doobie ...

Conservatives and Trump made their very first piece of major legislation passed, giving the mentally ill the right to buy guns.

That's what you'd like to believe happened. Never mind the fact that reality refuses to conform to your fever dreams.

No, the left's plan is that when he had an AR-15, no one had a gun. The result were 17 deaths, your plan failed. What sort of introspection are you doing about that? What is your explanation for your failure. How are you proposing to fix it going forward?

Why do you keep repeating a statement that is not true? There was an armed guard on campus.

If armed guards don't deter these shooters, why do you believe armed civilians would?

I think I see what's going on here. While there were a couple of armed officers on campus, there weren't enough of them to be effective. You need more than "just a few" to deter a shooter. Strength in numbers. The school had 3200 kids. And it takes up about 45 acres of space. Think strategically. If there had been one armed guard per 100 students in the school, you'd have 32. And a much greater chance of stopping the active shooter.

There was nobody with the capability to return fire in the area where the shooting took place, because there were too few armed guards to handle the situation. Think about having to take the most effective route from one side of a 45 acre campus to the other if you're one of two armed guards on site.

Now, if you're done misconstruing what Kaz said, I'm going to go cosplay as "tubby" now.
Great, someone finally puts numbers behind the rhetoric. So let’s use your numbers... 1 hired gun per every 100 students...

There are approximately 76 million students in the U.S. ...

Fast Facts

Protecting them all by your standards would require 760,000 armed policemen; who earn an average salary of about $61,000 annually. That would cost roughly $46 billion per year.

Sensible gun control, aimed at keeping military style guns out of the hands of mentally ill fuckers like Cruz, would cost far less.

At any rate, I doubt you really care about protecting our children. This simply falls in line with your hatred of the Second Amendment. We can keep guns out of the hands of mentally ill people, but you want to practically take guns out of the hands of every law abiding citizen. Because emotions.
^^^ utter nonsense. I do not hate the 2nd Amendment despite your bizarre rhetoric. I own a gun myself and have never called for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment or a confiscation of all firearms.

Thanks. Now I know not to take your gun control arguments seriously.

We banned guns from schools, just like you wanted. Even people with concealed carry permits trained to use their guns safely didn't have them. And your plan worked. No one had a gun and was able to defend themselves and shoot back. And 17 people died because of it.

Maybe you can ask your drug dealer why banning guns doesn't work the next time you buy a doobie ...

Conservatives and Trump made their very first piece of major legislation passed, giving the mentally ill the right to buy guns.

The law repealed was Unconstitutional. You want to limit people's rights? Do it in court. It was a flagrant violation of the fifth amendment protection of due process.

Should government employees be able to put your name in a database and thereby remove your right to trial by jury or requiring a warrant to search your home? Unless your answer is yes, cut the stupid shit.

I am totally in favor of going to court and removing the right of disturbed people to carry a gun, BTW, don't move on to your stupid next stupid leftist answer that I want crazy people to have guns. But waive someone's rights based on the opinion of a government employee? No way

What a dumb fucking comment. Why? Because the first argument gun nutters go to is, "It's not a gun problem, it is a mental illness problem!" Hell, even the sponsor of the bill in 2017 to make it so that people with mental illness could buy guns, Chuck Grassley-R, came out the day after the Parkland shooting to say that the government needed laws to keep guns out of the hands of people with mental illness.

It's fucking stupid. The blood of the kids in Parkland are NOT on the hands of Liberals... they are on the hands of Conservatives. So YOU need to cut the stupid shit out.

The first argument leftists go to is "Too many rights!" And then the second argument is "You don't want to give up your rights! That means you want children DEAD!" There's no mature, reasoned discussion with you drooling wackjobs. It's just lunatic screaming about how there's too much freedom and not enough government control.

Try to comprehend this, if you can get the voices in your head to shut up for a minute. Identifying the weapon used in a crime as a gun does not require an instant freak-out and attempt to outlaw the existence of all guns. Likewise, identifying the perpetrators as people with violent mental problems does not mean the solution is to shred the 5th Amendment AND the 2nd Amendment in regards to millions of Americans who are no danger to anyone. It's actually possible - and even probable - that the solution requires something more balanced, precise, and effective than wholesale abrogation of the Constitution. I'm just saying . . .

Oh, also, while I'm thinking about it, claiming that a law will do something, even putting it in the title, doesn't actually mean it WILL do that. It's like politicians aren't 100% trustworthy, or something.

That's what you'd like to believe happened. Never mind the fact that reality refuses to conform to your fever dreams.

Welcome back Cecilie, long time no see!

When someone has a superior argument you can't counter, you resort to name calling and mockery. You aren't engaging anyone. You're blindly attacking them.

You don't have a superior argument.

Apparently I do, because you can't present one of your own. You just like calling people "morons" and the like. I have never once seen in any debate where calling names and such was the superior argument. But hey, just keep showing how clueless you are about this topic. I'll continue taking you down.

I will ask you once.

Do you believe that I want to protect mass shooters like the asshole in Parkland.

Yes...or no....?

I don't make assumptions. You tell me.

Really? That is a tough one for you? Please give it the old college try.

And...you make assumptions constantly. It is why your arguments are built on such shaky ground so often.

Even if that were true, LL, at least my arguments are built on something. You? Not so much.

I'm not falling for trap questions, either. So screw off.

"Leftists owe the rest of us an explanation for the Florida shooting"

No, they don't.

We followed your plan, it was a gun free zone. 17 are dead. Damned straight you owe us an explanation for your failure

You did not follow any plan from the left. Asshole.

So you're saying the school wasn't a gun-free zone? Or are you saying you don't think gun-free zones are a wonderful idea and didn't cheer when it became law?

You don't have a superior argument.

Apparently I do, because you can't present one of your own. You just like calling people "morons" and the like. I have never once seen in any debate where calling names and such was the superior argument. But hey, just keep showing how clueless you are about this topic. I'll continue taking you down.

I will ask you once.

Do you believe that I want to protect mass shooters like the asshole in Parkland.

Yes...or no....?

I don't make assumptions. You tell me.

Really? That is a tough one for you? Please give it the old college try.

And...you make assumptions constantly. It is why your arguments are built on such shaky ground so often.

Even if that were true, LL, at least my arguments are built on something. You? Not so much.

I'm not falling for trap questions, either. So screw off.

Trap? Don't be silly. I just want to know if you believe that I want to protect school shooters and other mass shooters. You know...
the argument being made by the OP, which you have been defending since last night.

Simple, honest question. Why not answer it simply and honestly?

"Leftists owe the rest of us an explanation for the Florida shooting"

No, they don't.

We followed your plan, it was a gun free zone. 17 are dead. Damned straight you owe us an explanation for your failure

You did not follow any plan from the left. Asshole.

So you're saying the school wasn't a gun-free zone? Or are you saying you don't think gun-free zones are a wonderful idea and didn't cheer when it became law?

I'm currently dealing with tubs....please read what I say to him and don't ask me to fucking repeat myself. It is rude.

I am saying that having a "gun free zone" isn't a plan, period. Let alone "my plan". The premise of the OP is foolish. hardly worth
the time. I'm educating tubs, though. Consider it a public service.

Trap? Don't be silly. I just want to know if you believe that I want to protect school shooters and other mass shooters. You know...
the argument being made by the OP, which you have been defending since last night.

What you seem to be missing, is that I don't necessarily agree with everything the OP says. But you made the assumption that I did. Please, don't lecture me about assumptions. For example, unlike the OP, I am not blaming the left as a whole for this massacre. I am blaming the policies they passed. If you had bothered to read through my posts instead of calling me names, you would know that. I dislike broadbrushing, and that is what the OP did, in my opinion.

And to answer your question, no, I don't believe you do.

It's not a mental health issue. At least not exclusively, or even to a large degree. They have plenty of mental health issues in Western European countries, yet school shootings there are rare.

More people there are killed with knives, acids and vehicles.

You are just shifting the weapon of choice. Actually the number of people intentionally murdered with vehicles exceeds gun murders.

You do realize your odds of being shot and killed are less than your odds of winning the lottery don't you?

While it is indeed sad when these tragic events occur, you may be over-reacting. Knee-jerking

Well, the obvious difference being that it's pretty difficult to kill 17 people with a knife. Let alone get into the 50's like the old guy in Vegas did.

So are you saying that one CAN'T kill huge numbers without guns, or are you saying you object to guns because you think the killers are being lazy?

What you seem to be missing, is that I don't necessarily agree with everything the OP says. But you made the assumption that I did. Please, don't lecture me about assumptions. For example, unlike the OP, I am not blaming the left as a whole for this massacre. I am blaming the policies they passed. If you had bothered to read through my posts instead of calling me names, you would know that. I dislike broadbrushing, and that is what the OP did, in my opinion.

And to answer your question, no, I don't believe you do.

Good. You finally answered. And you are correct. Please argue that point with the OP.

"I am not blaming the left as a whole for this massacre. I am blaming the policies they passed."

The statement above is a dishonest dodge.The words before and after the period in the center contradict one another. And none of them reflect reality.

Let me ask...do you believe that students in HS should be permitted to carry firearms on campus or in classrooms?

Well, the obvious difference being that it's pretty difficult to kill 17 people with a knife. Let alone get into the 50's like the old guy in Vegas did.

85 people were recently killed in the UK with a truck in less than 5 minutes

Google it for yourself

We need to stop bad people. Not bad objects. Are we going to eliminate cars & trucks next?

I think you are referring to France, Monsieur. The Promenade des Anglais. Pretty sure that would be considered a major terrorist event if it happened in the UK, and I haven't heard of it (though there are bombings in the ME that kill in the hundreds and we don't even bat an eye).

Cars and trucks are necessary for transportation, which allows us to go to work, among other things. Without them, many people's lives would be almost unworkable. You don't really need guns, outside of a few environments/professions. They're largely for recreation and sport.

And if we had functioning teleportation devices operational, hell yeah I'd be down to FURTHER limit vehicular operation.

Excuse me, but how do we "not really need guns"? Just because YOU don't like them? If conveyances are so much more ubiquitously necessary to life than guns, why is it the Founding Fathers didn't see fit to enunciate a right to own them in the Constitution?

Let me ask...do you believe that students in HS should be permitted to carry firearms on campus or in classrooms?

Are you crazy? I'm more along the lines of a select number of teachers and staff being trained with firearms and carrying them on campus, in addition to extra security guards.

The statement above is a dishonest dodge.The words before and after the period in the center contradict one another. And none of them reflect reality.

Please, elaborate for me which is a dishonest dodge, and what doesn't reflect reality? These vanilla statements of yours are getting old and worn out.

Are you crazy? I'm more along the lines of a select number of teachers and staff being trained with firearms and carrying them on campus, in addition to extra security guards.

I figured you'd say that. I did a quick search. You think these people should have guns in class? Yes...you do.

Teacher-Beats-Student Video; Allegedly Lashed out After Student Teased Girl
Ex-teacher who assaulted students gets jail
https://nypost.com/2016/09/23/teacher-beats-up-student-who-owed-him-money-for-weed/
Texas teacher arrested after video shows her slapping student
Kindergarten teacher arrested again; accused of slapping 5-year-old student

Please, elaborate for me which is a dishonest dodge, and what doesn't reflect reality? These vanilla statements of yours are getting old and worn out.

You are blaming the left while saying that you are not blaming the left. That is dishonest.

The left doesn't want policies which allow the weapon to be brought on campus. The left wants crazy people to not have access to these weapons. The idea of a GUN FREE ZONE is to protect students..and patrons....not to protect the fucking asshole shooters...who will shoot up a school or a concert with hundreds of guns on hand. They don't fucking care. Duh!

Trained CAREER LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS fail to hit their intended target nearly 80% of the time under stress. And they sometimes fire their weapons intentionally at people who don't deserve to be fired upon. You want TEACHERS to have that kind of authority?

Sorry. Not smart.

Last edited:

Nope...sorry. The selection is immaterial. More kids will be shot in schools if there are more guns in schools.

Forum List

Back