Leftists owe the rest of us an explanation for the Florida shooting

Trained CAREER LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS fail to hit their intended target nearly 80% of the time under stress. And they sometimes fire their weapons intentionally at people who don't deserve to be fired upon. You want TEACHERS to have that kind of authority?

So what do you suggest we do to solve this problem? You, so far, have not come up with a good solution.

Who said there is a gun on campus? And one gun? That's not what I advocated. I advocated allowing teachers/administrators who want to arm themselves to be able to do so. The point is having the shooter not know who is armed, not having one gun. One gun I still don't have any confirmation of and Google can't find it either.

I have Faun on ignore, he's obviously bombing me with posts. I'm not interested in reading his stupid crap.

BTW, Faun, I told you that you were the fastest I ever put back on ignore. You were at the times I said that, but your record was beaten by JoeB who I put back on ignore without responding to a single post, just reading a few posts of his stupid crap

He says you said there were NO guns on campus....and says you lied because there was a cop with a gun.

I agree with letting SELECT TRAINED school personnel carry guns. Carrying concealed is VERY common and millions do it safely every day.
How do you get trained for someone shooting at you?

Well, the military and law enforcement both seem to handle it, so one presumes it can be done. Besides, we're already apparently teaching them to deal with someone shooting at them with NOTHING to defend themselves, so how much worse could it be?

There are thousands of schools and organizations who offer high intensity training for situations like that.
I've had a good bit of training.

Training in ANY subject makes you better prepared.

But let me assure you of this......

A shooter with NOONE shooting back has easy pickings.
9 times out of 10, a shooter with someone shooting back will change from offensive to defensive in a hurry

It's certainly unlikely that THEY have been trained in having someone shooting at them, or that they expected to have it be the case.

The left doesn't want policies which allow the weapon to be brought on campus.

No, but the policies they do pass to prevent such a thing seem to fail quite often. Sixty-six times to be more precise.

Let's say we maintain the status quo, then what? What happens when another shooter shoots up another school?

What I'm getting from you is this: Our kids don't deserve to be protected. A gun free zone sign will suffice.

You don't have any real solutions do you?

Who said there is a gun on campus? And one gun? That's not what I advocated. I advocated allowing teachers/administrators who want to arm themselves to be able to do so. The point is having the shooter not know who is armed, not having one gun. One gun I still don't have any confirmation of and Google can't find it either.

I have Faun on ignore, he's obviously bombing me with posts. I'm not interested in reading his stupid crap.

BTW, Faun, I told you that you were the fastest I ever put back on ignore. You were at the times I said that, but your record was beaten by JoeB who I put back on ignore without responding to a single post, just reading a few posts of his stupid crap

He says you said there were NO guns on campus....and says you lied because there was a cop with a gun.

I agree with letting SELECT TRAINED school personnel carry guns. Carrying concealed is VERY common and millions do it safely every day.

Well, the military and law enforcement both seem to handle it, so one presumes it can be done. Besides, we're already apparently teaching them to deal with someone shooting at them with NOTHING to defend themselves, so how much worse could it be?

Quoted for posterity.

LoneLaugher

There are thousands of schools and organizations who offer high intensity training for situations like that.
I've had a good bit of training.

Training in ANY subject makes you better prepared.

But let me assure you of this......

A shooter with NOONE shooting back has easy pickings.
9 times out of 10, a shooter with someone shooting back will change from offensive to defensive in a hurry

And what happens when you have multiple people with guns out, shooting? Who do you know who to shoot?

In the heat of the moment, you probably wouldn't, unless they are wearing a uniform and a badge. Which is why police don't really like vigilante justice. Civilians run the risk of complicating and worsening the situation if they try to play hero.

Well, let's see. Who are those multiple people with guns out? Their co-workers, with whom they've been trained for this situation? I'm thinking they'll recognize them, what do you think?

Seriously, where's your head? You act as though no one in the history of the world has ever had to deal with such situations before, and the solutions are just incomprehensible. That, or as though you think teachers are brain-damaged. If you really think they're too damned dumb to grasp the training, would you mind telling me why you think they're qualified to be responsible for people's children?

And this is not vigilante justice OR "civilians trying to play hero", any more than armed security guards are in other places. You act like we're suggesting just handing them a gun and a set of tights with a big red "S" on them and wishing them luck.

We banned guns from schools, just like you wanted. Even people with concealed carry permits trained to use their guns safely didn't have them. And your plan worked. No one had a gun and was able to defend themselves and shoot back. And 17 people died because of it.

You owe us an explanation. What is wrong with your plan? Why isn't it working?

Maybe you can ask your drug dealer why banning guns doesn't work the next time you buy a doobie ...

The school resource officer was there with his gun.

You have failed.

You are stupid.

Good-bye...stupid.

We banned guns from schools, just like you wanted. Even people with concealed carry permits trained to use their guns safely didn't have them. And your plan worked. No one had a gun and was able to defend themselves and shoot back. And 17 people died because of it.

Maybe you can ask your drug dealer why banning guns doesn't work the next time you buy a doobie ...

White identity paranoia fueled by a bigoted president.

Who in the hell mentioned race, other than you, just now? Are you suggesting that only black people use drugs? 'Cause that's pretty racist, dude.

"Leftists owe the rest of us an explanation for the Florida shooting"

No, they don't.

We followed your plan, it was a gun free zone. 17 are dead. Damned straight you owe us an explanation for your failure

You did not follow any plan from the left. Asshole.

Who came up with gun free zones, then?

Yeah, that's right, Joe Biden. A liberal. A leftist.

I present Exhibit A: The Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990, introduced by Biden and signed by George H.W. Bush.

Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 - Wikipedia

And Exhibit B: The overall success (or lack thereof) of the GFSZA. In the past 28 years, there have been 65 school shootings (not counting the one in Parkland, FL)

United States school shootings, 1990-present - Ballotpedia

My conclusion? These schools (including Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School) followed a plan introduced by a leftist, and judging from the number of lives lost since the GFSZA was enacted, I would consider this "plan from the left" an abysmal failure.

Your honor, I rest my case.

Whoa! You really worked overtime on that one, tubby. Problem. The fact that the crazy guy had an AR-15 isn't the lefts plan. Dumb shit.

Not the right's plan, either, but the fact that the crazy guy had a mass of unarmed targets WAS the left's plan.

Trained CAREER LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS fail to hit their intended target nearly 80% of the time under stress. And they sometimes fire their weapons intentionally at people who don't deserve to be fired upon. You want TEACHERS to have that kind of authority?

So what do you suggest we do to solve this problem? You, so far, have not come up with a good solution.

Awesome. You wish to leave the blame discussion and start the solutions discussion? How nice.

I'm game. Here are a few ideas..

Ban manufacture, sale and possession of any semi-automatic firearm with the exception of LE or military personnel.

Require extensive background checks prior to purchase of any handgun.
Require a license to possess any firearm.
Require yearly registration ( including testing ) for any handgun.
Require training and periodic registration for shotguns and long guns used for hunting.
Require firearm owners to purchase liability insurance for their firearms.
Return our mental health system to pre-Reagan era effectiveness.

There are more....but you get the idea. I'm all about solutions.

"Leftists owe the rest of us an explanation for the Florida shooting"

No, they don't.

We followed your plan, it was a gun free zone. 17 are dead. Damned straight you owe us an explanation for your failure

I present Exhibit A: The Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990, introduced by Biden and signed by George H.W. Bush.

And Exhibit B: The overall success (or lack thereof) of the GFSZA. In the past 28 years, there have been 65 school shootings (not counting the one in Parkland, FL)

My conclusion? These schools (including Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School) followed a plan introduced by a leftist, and judging from the number of lives lost since the GFSZA was enacted, I would consider this "plan from the left" an abysmal failure.

Whoa! You really worked overtime on that one, tubby. Problem. The fact that the crazy guy had an AR-15 isn't the lefts plan. Dumb shit.

Not the right's plan, either, but the fact that the crazy guy had a mass of unarmed targets WAS the left's plan.

Oh look! Another one!

The OP and those like him want you to believe that rampage shooters would be deterred by armed civilians when armed guards and armed police officers don't deter them.

spock-illogical.jpg

Lefitsts want you to believe that numbers don't matter, simply because they're too ignorant for arithmetic.

No, the left's plan is that when he had an AR-15, no one had a gun. The result were 17 deaths, your plan failed. What sort of introspection are you doing about that? What is your explanation for your failure. How are you proposing to fix it going forward?

Why do you keep repeating a statement that is not true? There was an armed guard on campus.

If armed guards don't deter these shooters, why do you believe armed civilians would?

Maybe because there are more of them, and it's harder to account for lots of people than it is to account for one?

That'd be some of that math stuff you've heard educated people mention.

Conservatives and Trump made their very first piece of major legislation passed, giving the mentally ill the right to buy guns.

That's what you'd like to believe happened. Never mind the fact that reality refuses to conform to your fever dreams.

Welcome back Cecilie, long time no see!

Oh, I've been around, but I have one of those life thingies that kinda interferes with hanging out on the Interwebs. ;)

Nope...sorry. The selection is immaterial. More kids will be shot in schools if there are more guns in schools.

Because teachers are unstable loons who are going to go wild and start shooting students? Why, then, are they allowed to teach?

Let me ask...do you believe that students in HS should be permitted to carry firearms on campus or in classrooms?

Are you crazy? I'm more along the lines of a select number of teachers and staff being trained with firearms and carrying them on campus, in addition to extra security guards.

I figured you'd say that. I did a quick search. You think these people should have guns in class? Yes...you do.

Teacher-Beats-Student Video; Allegedly Lashed out After Student Teased Girl
Ex-teacher who assaulted students gets jail
https://nypost.com/2016/09/23/teacher-beats-up-student-who-owed-him-money-for-weed/
Texas teacher arrested after video shows her slapping student
Kindergarten teacher arrested again; accused of slapping 5-year-old student

The statement above is a dishonest dodge.The words before and after the period in the center contradict one another. And none of them reflect reality.

Please, elaborate for me which is a dishonest dodge, and what doesn't reflect reality? These vanilla statements of yours are getting old and worn out.

You are blaming the left while saying that you are not blaming the left. That is dishonest.

The left doesn't want policies which allow the weapon to be brought on campus. The left wants crazy people to not have access to these weapons. The idea of a GUN FREE ZONE is to protect students..and patrons....not to protect the fucking asshole shooters...who will shoot up a school or a concert with hundreds of guns on hand. They don't fucking care. Duh!

Sorry. Not smart.

Apparently, the left wants policies where guns aren't allowed to be brought on campus, and then are anyway, but only by the people you least want to have them.

Oh look! Another one!

Another what? Person speaking logic in the face of your gabbling denial and utter lack of anything useful and productive?

I think they want 20 intelligence agencies instead of the 17 that have been playing politics and have failed so badly lately ... :dunno:

Nope...sorry. The selection is immaterial. More kids will be shot in schools if there are more guns in schools.

Because teachers are unstable loons who are going to go wild and start shooting students? Why, then, are they allowed to teach?

I

Forum List

Back