Leftists owe the rest of us an explanation for the Florida shooting

Ha. What part of "select" did you not understand?

Nope...sorry. The selection is immaterial. More kids will be shot in schools if there are more guns in schools.

Because teachers are unstable loons who are going to go wild and start shooting students? Why, then, are they allowed to teach?
tenor.gif
You’re doing that over her strawman?? Dayam, are you rightards desperate. <smh>

Perhaps you aren't aware of the phrase

"blown out of the water."

To which LL's argument was.

So please, go troll someone else.
Her strawman did no such thing.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Strawmen can’t, that’s one of the natural consequences of a strawman.

Nope...sorry. The selection is immaterial. More kids will be shot in schools if there are more guns in schools.

Because teachers are unstable loons who are going to go wild and start shooting students? Why, then, are they allowed to teach?
tenor.gif
You’re doing that over her strawman?? Dayam, are you rightards desperate. <smh>

Perhaps you aren't aware of the phrase

"blown out of the water."

To which LL's argument was.

So please, go troll someone else.
Her strawman did no such thing.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Strawmen can’t, that’s one of the natural consequences of a strawman.

Well first, prove its a strawman. Then we'll talk more... maybe.

We banned guns from schools, just like you wanted. Even people with concealed carry permits trained to use their guns safely didn't have them. And your plan worked. No one had a gun and was able to defend themselves and shoot back. And 17 people died because of it.

You owe us an explanation. What is wrong with your plan? Why isn't it working?

Maybe you can ask your drug dealer why banning guns doesn't work the next time you buy a doobie ...

White identity paranoia fueled by a bigoted president.

Who in the hell mentioned race, other than you, just now? Are you suggesting that only black people use drugs? 'Cause that's pretty racist, dude.

The “We” did.

We banned guns from schools, just like you wanted. Even people with concealed carry permits trained to use their guns safely didn't have them. And your plan worked. No one had a gun and was able to defend themselves and shoot back. And 17 people died because of it.

Maybe you can ask your drug dealer why banning guns doesn't work the next time you buy a doobie ...

You roll a doobie, you don't buy one...

dope.

I'm sure Kaz is covered in shame that his drug experience doesn't equal yours.

But hey, FINALLY something you're knowledgeable about!
Of course that was a strawman...

”Because teachers are unstable loons who are going to go wild and start shooting students? Why, then, are they allowed to teach?

No one said or implied teachers are “unstable loons.” You made that up because one teacher was shown to been arrested for beating up a student.

Teachers are trained to teach. They are not trained to be cops.

Who in the hell mentioned race, other than you, just now? Are you suggesting that only black people use drugs? 'Cause that's pretty racist, dude.

The “We” did.

Um, no, race wasn't mentioned or even hinted at by anyone but you.

Trained CAREER LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS fail to hit their intended target nearly 80% of the time under stress. And they sometimes fire their weapons intentionally at people who don't deserve to be fired upon. You want TEACHERS to have that kind of authority?

So what do you suggest we do to solve this problem? You, so far, have not come up with a good solution.

Awesome. You wish to leave the blame discussion and start the solutions discussion? How nice.

I'm game. Here are a few ideas..

Ban manufacture, sale and possession of any semi-automatic firearm with the exception of LE or military personnel.

Require extensive background checks prior to purchase of any handgun.
Require a license to possess any firearm.
Require yearly registration ( including testing ) for any handgun.
Require training and periodic registration for shotguns and long guns used for hunting.
Require firearm owners to purchase liability insurance for their firearms.
Return our mental health system to pre-Reagan era effectiveness.

There are more....but you get the idea. I'm all about solutions.

As a gun owner, I can get behind every single one of those proposals.

Leftists owe the rest of us an explanation for the Florida shooting.

easy ... the dems MADE RW's join the NRA and fight tooth and nail for assault rifle freedom.

es
Na, Gun free zones are the reason why there are bunches of dead kids.

You did not follow any plan from the left. Asshole.

Who came up with gun free zones, then?

Yeah, that's right, Joe Biden. A liberal. A leftist.

I present Exhibit A: The Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990, introduced by Biden and signed by George H.W. Bush.

Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 - Wikipedia

And Exhibit B: The overall success (or lack thereof) of the GFSZA. In the past 28 years, there have been 65 school shootings (not counting the one in Parkland, FL)

United States school shootings, 1990-present - Ballotpedia

My conclusion? These schools (including Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School) followed a plan introduced by a leftist, and judging from the number of lives lost since the GFSZA was enacted, I would consider this "plan from the left" an abysmal failure.

Your honor, I rest my case.

Whoa! You really worked overtime on that one, tubby. Problem. The fact that the crazy guy had an AR-15 isn't the lefts plan. Dumb shit.

No, the left's plan is that when he had an AR-15, no one had a gun. The result were 17 deaths, your plan failed. What sort of introspection are you doing about that? What is your explanation for your failure. How are you proposing to fix it going forward?

Why do you keep repeating a statement that is not true? There was an armed guard on campus.

If armed guards don't deter these shooters, why do you believe armed civilians would?

Maybe because there are more of them, and it's harder to account for lots of people than it is to account for one?

That'd be some of that math stuff you've heard educated people mention.

"More of them" doesn't deter them. There were armed personnel in Las Vegas, Fort Hood, Columbine, etc. Trained, armed guards and police officers, but you think the off chance that some dipshit with a hero complex is going to deter a mass shooter is beyond ludicrous.

I present Exhibit A: The Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990, introduced by Biden and signed by George H.W. Bush.

And Exhibit B: The overall success (or lack thereof) of the GFSZA. In the past 28 years, there have been 65 school shootings (not counting the one in Parkland, FL)

My conclusion? These schools (including Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School) followed a plan introduced by a leftist, and judging from the number of lives lost since the GFSZA was enacted, I would consider this "plan from the left" an abysmal failure.

Whoa! You really worked overtime on that one, tubby. Problem. The fact that the crazy guy had an AR-15 isn't the lefts plan. Dumb shit.

No, the left's plan is that when he had an AR-15, no one had a gun. The result were 17 deaths, your plan failed. What sort of introspection are you doing about that? What is your explanation for your failure. How are you proposing to fix it going forward?

Why do you keep repeating a statement that is not true? There was an armed guard on campus.

If armed guards don't deter these shooters, why do you believe armed civilians would?

Maybe because there are more of them, and it's harder to account for lots of people than it is to account for one?

"More of them" doesn't deter them. There were armed personnel in Las Vegas, Fort Hood, Columbine, etc. Trained, armed guards and police officers, but you think the off chance that some dipshit with a hero complex is going to deter a mass shooter is beyond ludicrous.

The personnel in Las Vegas weren't armed with powerful enough weapons to fire back at the shooter. He was too high, and too far away for any handgun in the crowd to be of any use.

The personnel in Ft. Hood were shot, and yeah, it was on a military base. But, the regulations say that you only carry a weapon on base if you are part of the base security and are on watch. The trouble with that shooting is that security personnel weren't close by (I served 20 years in the military).

Columbine? Well, they drew the attention of the guards and emergency response personnel by setting off bombs before shooting.

But, don't think that I'm against you, I'm just setting the record straight. I also don't think that some idiot with a hero complex and a CCL is going to save a whole bunch of people either.

Remember the Gabby Giffords shooting? Someone with a CCL who thought he was going to be a hero almost shot the wrong person.

:113:
This thread needs to be bumped every hour on the hour.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

What a wonderful reason to have nothing at all. Is your theory REALLY "Just give up, because we can't change their minds"?

Who said anything about "deter", anyway? I was going more for "stop". You fucking leftists aren't even remotely able to follow linear logic, are you?

I never said it was. Unlike you, whilst you blame the NRA for this massacre, I never said the left was responsible for his behavior, I said their policies were. Thanks for the straw man, I'll burn him with the rest.

Very Christian of you. On the other hand, I do blame the leftists, not just their policies, and every leftist post in this thread shows why. They don't care about the 17 people their policies killed.

In fact their reaction to their record of 17 is to want to raise the bar and go for more the next time. Leftists will not rest until every mass murderer is safe to kill as many people as they can

For fucks sake. Get a life.

LOL, leftists. You're on a political message board, geniak. Funny how to you, only anyone who criticizes leftists needs to "get a life."

It's not funny. You people live in a delusional world where you can keep someone determined to kill people away from guns, you pretend there is no other way to kill people.

And a hypocrite. How do you protect yourself? A CC permit Which you don't allow teachers and administrators to use to protect themselves and children.

Die, children die! You want the political points!

You are twenty years late....No surprise really...found the good weed did ya?

You don't think you can still buy illegal drugs!

OMG, butt hurt, you're a whack job. Ask any high schooler, they'll hook you up

Huh?

Was that the best you could come up with?
Actually it’s spot-on: white conservatives with an unwarranted fear of change and diversity given license to bigotry and racism by Trump, who is in fact a bigot and racist.

Curious... do you see race in everything? When you look at the white walls in your house, do you angrily proclaim "The walls are racist!"?

No, it's not spot on. Your argument reminds me of a fresh plate of scrambled rotten eggs. They look good, smell bad, and taste bad.

Race is Clayton's code word for he knows he's losing ... badly ... and he doesn't have shit to come back with.

Clayton: A white guy shooting white people in a white neighborhood? That's because they hate black people! Kaching!

You are twenty years late....No surprise really...found the good weed did ya?

You don't think you can still buy illegal drugs!

OMG, butt hurt, you're a whack job. Ask any high schooler, they'll hook you up
Don't need to it's all over the place and by the vie the school kids prices are too steep...and the same goes with the drugs...

"Leftists owe the rest of us an explanation for the Florida shooting"

No, they don't.

We followed your plan, it was a gun free zone. 17 are dead. Damned straight you owe us an explanation for your failure

Your ‘conclusion’ fails as a post hoc fallacy, it’s as ridiculous as it is wrong.

Yet you never explained to me how it was wrong.

And nice try on the post hoc fallacy though, but I never said the 65 school shootings were because of the GFSZA. More rather it is because of the lack of foresight put into the law itself, which happened to be introduced by a leftist.

Ooooh! A gun free zone will stop all these shootings!

Gee, well tell that to those 17 dead people in Parkland today.

Get out of my sight.

That's how vacuously stupid Clayton is.

He tells us that thinking that gun laws impact shootings is a post hoc fallacy.

Then Clayton the ditsy airhead proposes a solution of more ... wait for it ... gun laws ...

Yes, he is that stupid. But he does make up for his lack of content with self aggrandizing bluster. Want to know how smart Clayton is? Ask him!

I never said it was. Unlike you, whilst you blame the NRA for this massacre, I never said the left was responsible for his behavior, I said their policies were. Thanks for the straw man, I'll burn him with the rest.

Very Christian of you. On the other hand, I do blame the leftists, not just their policies, and every leftist post in this thread shows why. They don't care about the 17 people their policies killed.

In fact their reaction to their record of 17 is to want to raise the bar and go for more the next time. Leftists will not rest until every mass murderer is safe to kill as many people as they can

For fucks sake. Get a life.

Oops, looks like you got thumped on that one.

Yeah. That's how an imbecile would read it.

This is a serious thing to you, isn't it, that no one would debate you unless they need to "get a life."

If you think about it, you actually insulted yourself, didn't you?

Ready, fire, aim! - LoneLaugher

Forum List

Back