Legal group finds thousands of double voters in battleground states

Its just starting..

A legal foundation has filed two court briefs that assert that double voting by the thousands happened in 2016-2018 in Georgia and North Carolina, as the nation prepares for its first large-scale, mail-in balloting to elect a president.

Anti-universal mail ballot activists say the two states are a tip-off for what will happen in the Nov. 3 election.

Liberal journalists demand that the Trump administration, which opposes mass-mailed ballots in most states, provide evidence of fraud. The counterargument is that it is difficult to cite such examples when only a handful of states before 2020 adopted remote voting.

It might have happened in North Carolina. The GOP was already busted for that.
Not Voting twice, duplicate voters on the rolls.

Does it matter why you got caught cheating or the fact that you got caught that matters?
Not at all...I am just clarifying what the lawsuit is about. They want to stop Voting by mail, but it is about getting the cleanest possible rolls before ballots go out.

While cleaning up rolls in itself isn't bad DEPENDING on how it's done, if Trump can vote by mail, everyone can.
And if Trump can be troubled to apply for his absentee ballot, then anybody who needs to vote by mail can be troubled to do the same.

What did I reply to?

They want to stop Voting by mail
Call me crazy, but I assumed that Seawytch was saying that in reference to the specific argument about the universal mail in voting schemes that have been setup last minute, which is specifically what the Trump campaign, most of the Republican party, and most right wing voters are against.

It seems weird to me to assume that "voting by mail" was meant to be taken at its most literal possible meaning, including absentee voting, considering that I've seen precisely zero right wingers of any note making this argument. In fact, I don't even think I've seen any right wingers on this board saying we need to do away with absentee ballots.
You were not against them all the years Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Colorado and Utah were doing it. Oregon has been doing it for decades without a peep from you. Now because California (well over 50% of California already voted by mail), DC, New Jersey, Vermont and Nevada are doing it as well it is suddenly the worst thing in the world?

Smells like an excuse for an impending loss...
That's a pretty big assumption. Where are you getting that I was for mail-in voting before 2020?

Again for the uninformed...

Only six states this election are absentee voting states; IN, LA, MS SC TN and TX. (NOT Florida). Five states have been (before Trump and before COVID) mailing a ballot to every registered voter; HI, OR, WA, CO and UT. ONLY five additional states will be mailing ballots to all registered voters; CA, DC, NJ, VT and NV. (Many counties in CA, including LA, were already all mailed ballot counties). The rest will send a VBM to ANYONE that asks for it.

By this time in in 2016 NC had received 35,000 VBM requests. This year over 600,000. Oddly, people want to vote by mail during a deadly global pandemic.

The president is, there is no reason for anyone else to not do it. If he disagree's the way to have done that is to set the standard with his actions.

Trump isn't against mail in balloting, never was. You're a liar

Well great, then there is no problem. Why all the consternation?

You lied, I pointed out your lie. You are obviously the one with consternation since you're objecting to being called on your lie. So just to be clear, your standard is when you claim Trump is lying you have "consternation?" That's what you're saying? That's your standard? It really doesn't make sense that to call out a liar like you implies "consternation." You learn that in government schools?

Trump takes positions based upon the day. He discouraged mail in, then he encouraged it. Then he told people to try and vote illegally.

Trump never discouraged mail in, you're lying. So you're actually posting on this over and over and over and you don't even know what Trump actually said? Left wing media just leads you by the nose. Once again you're proving that they don't even explain the issue to you, they just tell you what to think. And think it you do!

Now, what is Trump actually against? You don't know, do you? The government schools didn't train you to research on your own or to use reason.

Trump is not against "mail in voting," he is against ... what?

Its just starting..

A legal foundation has filed two court briefs that assert that double voting by the thousands happened in 2016-2018 in Georgia and North Carolina, as the nation prepares for its first large-scale, mail-in balloting to elect a president.

Anti-universal mail ballot activists say the two states are a tip-off for what will happen in the Nov. 3 election.

Liberal journalists demand that the Trump administration, which opposes mass-mailed ballots in most states, provide evidence of fraud. The counterargument is that it is difficult to cite such examples when only a handful of states before 2020 adopted remote voting.

Does it matter why you got caught cheating or the fact that you got caught that matters?
Not at all...I am just clarifying what the lawsuit is about. They want to stop Voting by mail, but it is about getting the cleanest possible rolls before ballots go out.

While cleaning up rolls in itself isn't bad DEPENDING on how it's done, if Trump can vote by mail, everyone can.
And if Trump can be troubled to apply for his absentee ballot, then anybody who needs to vote by mail can be troubled to do the same.

What did I reply to?

Call me crazy, but I assumed that Seawytch was saying that in reference to the specific argument about the universal mail in voting schemes that have been setup last minute, which is specifically what the Trump campaign, most of the Republican party, and most right wing voters are against.

Where is this being done and how would it not work when it works already in a few states?

It seems weird to me to assume that "voting by mail" was meant to be taken at its most literal possible meaning, including absentee voting, considering that I've seen precisely zero right wingers of any note making this argument. In fact, I don't even think I've seen any right wingers on this board saying we need to do away with absentee ballots.

No one is arguing that people need to shut up and go stand in line on voting day?
California, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, and Vermont have set up schemes to send mail in ballots automatically to all voters while a hand full of states are massively expanding absentee eligibility. The fact that we haven't prosecuted anybody for widespread voter fraud in these systems doesn't make them safe, IMO. We're estimating that 80 million votes (well over half of what was cast in the 2016 general) are going to be going through the mail, which means unsupervised chains of custody. If you leave your front door wide open and go to work, then get home to find that nobody's robbed you, it might just be evidence that you got lucky, and not proof that it's okay to leave your door open every day.

And yeah, I'm sure people have said to shut up and stand in line, I just think, as I said before, that taking such statements as literal and all-encompassing is pretty obviously strawman'ing the point.

Trump's vote is going through that system.
Your point?

It's all good. We should encourage people to vote in the manner that is as easiest for them and makes them the most comfortable.
Why should ease and comfort be the primary concerns when deciding the laws and leadership of our nation?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Only six states this election are absentee voting states; IN, LA, MS SC TN and TX. (NOT Florida). Five states have been (before Trump and before COVID) mailing a ballot to every registered voter; HI, OR, WA, CO and UT. ONLY five additional states will be mailing ballots to all registered voters; CA, DC, NJ, VT and NV. (Many counties in CA, including LA, were already all mailed ballot counties). The rest will send a VBM to ANYONE that asks for it.

By this time in in 2016 NC had received 35,000 VBM requests. This year over 600,000. Oddly, people want to vote by mail during a deadly global pandemic.

The president is, there is no reason for anyone else to not do it. If he disagree's the way to have done that is to set the standard with his actions.

You lied, I pointed out your lie. You are obviously the one with consternation since you're objecting to being called on your lie. So just to be clear, your standard is when you claim Trump is lying you have "consternation?" That's what you're saying? That's your standard? It really doesn't make sense that to call out a liar like you implies "consternation." You learn that in government schools?

Trump takes positions based upon the day. He discouraged mail in, then he encouraged it. Then he told people to try and vote illegally.

Trump never discouraged mail in, you're lying. So you're actually posting on this over and over and over and you don't even know what Trump actually said? Left wing media just leads you by the nose. Once again you're proving that they don't even explain the issue to you, they just tell you what to think. And think it you do!

Now, what is Trump actually against? You don't know, do you? The government schools didn't train you to research on your own or to use reason.

Trump Requests Mail-in Ballot As He Condemns Voting by Mail

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

Where is this being done and how would it not work when it works already in a few states?

No one is arguing that people need to shut up and go stand in line on voting day?
California, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, and Vermont have set up schemes to send mail in ballots automatically to all voters while a hand full of states are massively expanding absentee eligibility. The fact that we haven't prosecuted anybody for widespread voter fraud in these systems doesn't make them safe, IMO. We're estimating that 80 million votes (well over half of what was cast in the 2016 general) are going to be going through the mail, which means unsupervised chains of custody. If you leave your front door wide open and go to work, then get home to find that nobody's robbed you, it might just be evidence that you got lucky, and not proof that it's okay to leave your door open every day.

And yeah, I'm sure people have said to shut up and stand in line, I just think, as I said before, that taking such statements as literal and all-encompassing is pretty obviously strawman'ing the point.

Your point?

It's all good. We should encourage people to vote in the manner that is as easiest for them and makes them the most comfortable.
Why should ease and comfort be the primary concerns when deciding the laws and leadership of our nation?

We shouldn't put restrictions on our Constitutional Rights.

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

Your point?

So why not vote by phone or over the internet? That'd be even easier.

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

You were not against them all the years Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Colorado and Utah were doing it. Oregon has been doing it for decades without a peep from you. Now because California (well over 50% of California already voted by mail), DC, New Jersey, Vermont and Nevada are doing it as well it is suddenly the worst thing in the world?

That's a pretty big assumption. Where are you getting that I was for mail-in voting before 2020?
Where did I say you were for it? What I said was that states had been doing it for decades without a peep from Republicans. It wasn't until Trump needed an excuse for his loss that you all started rending your undergarments about it.

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

Your point?

We will. You might not be alive, but we will. For now you'll have to settle for RAVBM.

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

Your point?

That would be great when we get it set up.

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

Where did I say you were for it? What I said was that states had been doing it for decades without a peep from Republicans. It wasn't until Trump needed an excuse for his loss that you all started rending your undergarments about it.
Where? In the very first sentence of your post.

"You were not against them all the years Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Colorado and Utah were doing it."

If you didn't mean me, fair enough, but quite frankly I don't care what republican politicians were or weren't focused on in years past. I've always been for voter ID, so not even requiring people to show up for an election has always been way outside of what I believe to be secure.

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

Your point?

Wowzers. At least you're consistent with this goofy line of reasoning.

Out of curiosity, are you also opposed to restrictions on what firearms people are allowed to own, or people with felonies on record being allowed to own them, or a complete elimination of all need for ID or background checks when purchasing a firearm?

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

Your point?

We will. You might not be alive, but we will. For now you'll have to settle for RAVBM.
Kinda blows my mind that anyone would be for such a setup. How do you subject the elections of the most powerful nation on the planet to the data security equivalent of the wild frontier and not automatically assume that those elections will absolutely be riddled with fraud? At what point do you just admit that convenience effectively results in the disenfranchisement of more people than the restrictions you remove in its name?

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

Your point?

Out of curiosity, are you also opposed to restrictions on what firearms people are allowed to own, or people with felonies on record being allowed to own them, or a complete elimination of all need for ID or background checks when purchasing a firearm?

I believe if the government can own an arm the people should be allowed to also.......before you go there I understand the logistics with nuclear weapons.

The 2nd was wrote so people could use them against the government if necessary.

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

Your point?

I believe if the government can own an arm the people should be allowed to also.......before you go there I understand the logistics with nuclear weapons.

We may frequently disagree, but I've gotta admit that you have an interesting spread of opinions.

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

Your point?

We may frequently disagree, but I've gotta admit that you have an interesting spread of opinions.

It's all the same opinion. To not violate people's rights. Our rights are more than the 2nd is it not?

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

Your point?

It's all the same opinion. To not violate people's rights. Our rights are more than the 2nd is it not?
Yeah, no, you definitely appear to be consistent with that principle. Interesting because I didn't take you for a libertarian, but I'm admittedly not the greatest at remembering which viewpoints are associated with which screennames.

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

Your point?

Yeah, no, you definitely appear to be consistent with that principle. Interesting because I didn't take you for a libertarian, but I'm admittedly not the greatest at remembering which viewpoints are associated with which screennames.

It's not even that. I believe in things Libertarians do not BUT I also believe doing nothing is better than doing the wrong thing and often times when left with two candidates that I believe are wrong I will go with the Libertarian candidate. I'm leaning to Jo this time.

Answer me this. People argue all the time that people should just give in when faced with a police officer that is going to violate your civil rights and take it up with the courts. That is of course a lie for many because we see those very people get upset when people win in the courts.......but that aside.

What if the argument was..........just let the government take your guns and fight it out in the court to get them back.

Would that be acceptable?

Typical leftist story. There is no quote from Trump anywhere to support the headline that he's against mail in voting.

Don't you want better for your children than the suck ass government education you got? You are so terrible at reading and have no analysis skills at all

Yeah--they were asked if they were loyal to Obama or not---as long as they said yes, they were let go immediately? Is this how this worked?
How did you come to believe such fantasies? What's the matter, can't handle the truth?

"A new report on the IRS’s treatment of nonprofit groups indicates the agency subjected numerous liberal-leaning groups to extra scrutiny when they sought tax-exempt status, the latest wrinkle in a saga that has mostly focused on how conservative groups were treated."

Get back to me when you have any credible proof Obama was aware of what the IRS was doing.
Because is vague and EVASIVE----what you posted means nothing actually. The agency subjected liberal to extra scrutiny but none were jerked around like the republican ones? SO define extra scrutiny----and explain what was done to them and what was exactly found on them especially the acorn type groups. Do DEFINE......and give details...........but there isn't any which always means propaganda in such matters.

Typical leftist story. There is no quote from Trump anywhere to support the headline that he's against mail in voting.

Don't you want better for your children than the suck ass government education you got? You are so terrible at reading and have no analysis skills at all

It's what he said. Live with it.

Forum List

Back