Legalize all drugs and gambling

Legalize all drugs and gambling! No limits!!! Both of these are a personal choice and if you're really for personal freedom you'd agree with me.

Small government? Lets see your reaction.
Do you agree to cede taxpayer funding for rehabs?

You are forgetting the taxes the govt will take in from legalization of mj and gambling, it can go towards rehab. Think about it, abolish DEA, taxes would save more money than opening rehab facilities. Then ask yourself if just because they made this legal if you are going to start using.

I am very old and smoked mj from 20 to 40 quit for a few years and have had some here and there the past couple of years, it's just too damn expensive now to smoke regularly like I did in my younger years. Some of you folks that are young never bought an ounce for $15.00, now it's (where I live) between $250 and $500 and ounce.

Ok, it's your personal choice. Maybe you do or don't drive after having a couple drinks, but if you do and have an accident you have cost yourself and maybe other's an expense. Ok, you don't drive while drinking but years of use of alcohol may lead to cirrhosis of the liver add smoking to that and throat cancer. You may have heath insurance to cover that but the final expenses can add up and the psychological expense to your family. I could go on and on, but just about everything someone does as a personal choice can cause someone an expense.

Legalize all drugs and gambling! No limits!!! Both of these are a personal choice and if you're really for personal freedom you'd agree with me.

This is supposed to be a 10th Amendment -- States' Rights -- issue.

That way the state legislatures who are closer to the people than in Wash DC can take the pulse of the People and legislate accordingly.

So if Nevada wants gambling and prostitution then they can vote for it.

And if Colorado wants dope they too can vote for it.

Arizona and Idaho and Utah don't strike me as states that would want these plagues and the crimes that come with them however.

Gambling brings loan sharking and murder.

Prostitution brings disease.

Dope brings addiction and thefts to support the habit.

Choose your poison.

Agreed.

Societies get to define what they consider acceptable behavior.

Utah doesn't want gambling and prostitution and hard core drug use as an acceptable part of their community.

California, full of dems, might want to embrace those ideals.

As long as California doesn't expect me to pay for their degeneracy.

Ok, it's your personal choice. Maybe you do or don't drive after having a couple drinks, but if you do and have an accident you have cost yourself and maybe other's an expense. Ok, you don't drive while drinking but years of use of alcohol may lead to cirrhosis of the liver add smoking to that and throat cancer. You may have heath insurance to cover that but the final expenses can add up and the psychological expense to your family. I could go on and on, but just about everything someone does as a personal choice can cause someone an expense.

All sounds good and well thought out...but you're just framing, spinning and packaging.
Likelihood and plausibility must be considered.
Example:
If one decides to leave the safety of their home they are making a prsonal choice and one that technically could lead to an expense to others. We cant exactly legislate against people leaving their homes...right?
Surely you can see the difference between allowing people to use drugs and allowing people to leave their homes...right?

Consider this; it's always our worst, our lowest class who make the worst decisions....right? Ever notice it's our worst who smoke, who have drinking problems, who use drugs, who speed, who drive uninsured, who commit crime...etc, etc.
Decent people tend to be much better decision makers and not necessarily because there are laws...Laws are mostly designed to mitigate the likelihood of our worst fucking up at the expense to others.

A truly free person owns their own body. What they put into that body, or do with that body, is nobodies business but their own. When others can legislate or dictate what one does with themselves, freedom is no place in sight.

All sounds good and well thought out...but you're just framing, spinning and packaging.
Example:
If one decides to leave the safety of their home they are making a prsonal choice and one that technically could lead to an expense to others. We cant exactly legislate against people leaving their homes...right?
Surely you can see the difference between allowing people to use drugs and allowing people to leave their homes...right?

Consider this; it's always our worst, our lowest class who make the worst decisions....right? Ever notice it's our worst who smoke, who have drinking problems, who use drugs, who speed, who drive uninsured, who commit crime...etc, etc.
Decent people tend to be much better decision makers and not necessarily because there are laws...Laws are mostly designed to mitigate the likelihood of our worst fucking up at the expense to others.

I think you better get out in the world more, no it's not the lowest class that make the worst decision's and I am not even going to debate the issue with you because I can see you panties are in a wad and nothing will change your mind. I just hope when you get old you don't need marijuana for a medical condition that may decide whether you live or not or take your pain away. You are one who would take this right away from a disabled vet.

How about this legalize all of the above, and progressives pay for the fallout?

Example:

I think you better get out in the world more, no it's not the lowest class that make the worst decision's and I am not even going to debate the issue with you because I can see you panties are in a wad and nothing will change your mind. I just hope when you get old you don't need marijuana for a medical condition that may decide whether you live or not or take your pain away. You are one who would take this right away from a disabled vet.

Hey look...you're a Liberal and I wouldn't expect you to use wide angled critical thought to develop a view on anything ...it's never about sensibility, logic and reason with "your type"...it's all about nobility and short sightedness. I get it.
Decent people wouldn't do drugs legal or not...what you want to lobby for is the right for our worst to slam heroin if that's what they want to do. Even through your tiny little narrow scope that has to look and sound stupid...right? Extract head from ass and seek true clarity here...Think beyond your utopian make believe world of unicorns and rainbows.

Example:

Hey look...you're a Liberal and I wouldn't expect you to use wide angled critical thought to develop a view on anything ...it's never about sensibility, logic and reason with "your type"...it's all about nobility and short sightedness. I get it.
Decent people wouldn't do drugs legal or not...what you want to lobby for is the right for our worst to slam heroin if that's what they want to do. Even through your tiny little narrow scope that has to look and sound stupid...right? Extract head from ass and seek true clarity here...Think beyond your utopian make believe world of unicorns and rainbows.
lots of "decent" people do drugs......

Example:

NEGATIVE.
You speak of micro percentages when compared to the nations filth

Example:

NEGATIVE.
You speak of micro percentages when compared to the nations filth
you said DECENT people dont do drugs....that implies ALL decent people,many who do indeed do one type of drug or another.....

Those who oppose legalizing all drugs usually approve of legalized prescription drugs and wont hesitate to take them or give them to their children or other loved ones on the advise of a doctor. Here's a little information on that:

Death from Prescription Drugs: The New Epidemic Sweeping Across America

Prescription drugs are now killing far more people than illegal drugs, and while most major causes of preventable deaths are declining, those from prescription drug use are increasing, an analysis of recently released data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) by the Los Angeles Times revealed.

Continued: Prescription Drugs Now Kill More People than Illegal Drugs

Forum List

Back