LEO needs to be reformed

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Yes, it does.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Yes, it does.

You start out well, but then use a drawing that alludes to one of the biggest lies out there regarding this whole issue.

‘Hands up, don’t shoot’ was built on a lie

When you allude to a known falsehood, you ruin any attempt at trying to make your point come across as valid.

It's the same as the 71% women/men wage gap crap, and the 1 in 5 sexual assault on campus #.

Running with bad information because it fits your narrative sullies your position.

• Banned
Yes, it does.

You start out well, but then use a drawing that alludes to one of the biggest lies out there regarding this whole issue.

When you allude to a known falsehood, you ruin any attempt at trying to make your point come across as valid.

It's the same as the 71% women/men wage gap crap, and the 1 in 5 sexual assault on campus #.

Running with bad information because it fits your narrative sullies your position.

The image correctly portrays the issue.

The man in Tulsa had his hands up.

The man on the ground who was wounded had his hands in the air.

Your opinion of false hood is well know to be false.

Yes, it does.

it alludes to "Hands up, Don't shoot" from Ferguson, and we all know that is crap.

There needs to be federal statutes enacted that require police agencies to report how they police. Demographics, criteria for stops, use of force, policy, as well as best practices.

On top of that, statutes that outline what is considered criminal behavior for LEOs including possible charges. Charging police officers under existing statutes is problematic at best. Too often local prosecutors either won't or can't be unbiased. A call for special prosecutors at the state level for every case involving LEOs is needed.

Really just more transparency and possible recourse for federal prosecution if the state does not act honestly.

Yes, it does.

No, he didn't. He was shot while his hands were not up in the surrender position.

• Banned
Yes, it does.

it alludes to "Hands up, Don't shoot" from Ferguson, and we all know that is crap.
We know that the perp was running at the officer, while chanting you won't shoot, while his hands were up. After what had occurred just moments before, I would have shot him, too. But that does not remove the fact his hands were up.

Yes, it does.

No, he didn't. He was shot while his hands were not up in the surrender position.
The vids show clearly his hands were up.

JakeStarkey 5360092 said:
Yes, it does.

The vids show clearly his hands were up.
No it doesn't. It shows that when he was already on the ground his hands are above his head, they weren't when he was shot. Watch it again:

His hands were up, OOM: you are not the decider of whether it was legal or not.

Doesn't matter. Despite everything I have said on the issue, and the fact I support the cops I agree that cops in general need to work on some things. Most of this anger is fed by the fact that cops are held to a diffrence standard then the people they police are. Take this police officer in Oklahoma. Had I shot that man in the same manner as she did I would have been thrown on the ground, had a knee shoved in my back cuffed up and tossed in jail. The cop? Gets to go home, has all their legal fees covered or they get help paying them, some still draw a paycheck and if found guilty rarely if ever do any serious time in prision . But this idea that cops get up one morning and say to them selves "man my sife is boring. I think I'll go shoot some coloreds today" is dumb. Hands up or not the guy needed to be shot.

Yes, it does.

We know that the perp was running at the officer, while chanting you won't shoot, while his hands were up. After what had occurred just moments before, I would have shot him, too. But that does not remove the fact his hands were up.

But the connotation is that his hands were up in surrender, the picture shows him falling away, not going towards. Its a narrative, and it is a false one, and all of your attempts at spin will fail.

Forum List

Back