Lesbian Teacher: How I convince kids to accept "gay marriage" starting at 4

What if a teacher told students that homosexuality is wrong?
That would likely be what anti-LGBT bigots would like. Do we want teachers teaching children to get along and not be bullies? That's what I want.

I want teachers to teach kids how to think for themselves, not think what the teachers want to think.

How do kids think for themselves? At the age of four thinking for yourself is generally doing bad stuff. In a classroom there needs to be discipline.
Kids need to be learning skills of how to learn for themselves, how to be creative and so on, but they also need information and they'll get it from one place or another.

As you can see from this article, one boy said that men couldn't marry each other. He was wrong, but this was him "thinking for himself" and thinking it wrongly. Also some boy called another "gay", he'd picked up that gay was bad, not from his own thinking, but from someone else.

I think people need to understand how kids learn before they start making statements about kid's learning.

At four year-old kids don't give a shit. Why not let them grow up and make up their own mind?
Are you going to teach a four year old that their friends two moms are an abomination?
---
What these conservatives don't understand is that 4-yr-olds are exposed to all kinds of social relationships in & out of the school setting.
In school, they have story books to read. Perhaps those stories are about families. We now have different kinds of families, unlike in the Islamic world.

The teacher should discuss the stories and scenarios in books and elsewhere that the kids may have thoughts about, and challenge their thought process.

Don't the conservatives want our children to think for themselves?
Looks like the answer is NO.

Should a married lesbian teacher be allowed to tell her class she is married to a woman?

Or will that upset conservatives too much?

Scissors is not a political issue - this is.

Why not try and construct an analogy that at least makes sense.

It's only a political issue because you choose to make it political.

Tolerating black people is an issue. Should teachers not make kids aware of other races and try and make them respect each other? Should they reinforce racism simply because adults talk about this politically?
So you would be just fine with teachers doing any of the examples I gave, right?

After all, those are only political if you make them so.
All you are doing is letting little kids know that some families have two mommies.....they are OK with it

It is their parents who go batshit

The parents raise their kids, not the state.
That is so true....parents are free to teach their children any hate they wish

And schools aren't. Welcome aboard the reality boat.

...So..any hetero teacher who admits they are married and talks about what they do with their spouse (not sexual) has just admitted they are abusing their trust and position?
Nope.

Because heterosexuality is good, and the norm.

Whereas homosexuality is wicked, and an abomination manifested by a sick and degenerate 3% of the population.

Nice try at faux equivalency.

Time to begin reversing the legal fiction that homosexuality should be mainstreamed and legitimized.

Fruit Loops belong in a box, in a dark closet, not out-and-about, mingling with Decent Folk.

What do you mean by "accept racism"?

I'd want them to see that racism does exist, yes. Would you want your kids to grow up not accepting that things that do happen happen?

Of course not... but unfortunately, if parents want to raise their kids to be bigots, that is really none of your business. Is it abhorrent? Of course, but it is none of your concern until that person actually harms you.

Of course, if parents want their kids to be bigots then that's what will happen. Parents can choose home schooling. However when they get state schooling, then they should be getting the sort of education that gives kids the skills needed to form a decent society, where people tolerate each other.

That is not the role of the state. Most of us would be happy if the "state" could just churn kids who could read, write and perform basic mathematics. That alone would do far more to promote a "decent" society than a bunch of kids who can't do these things at basic level, but know all the ins and outs of homosexuality and LGBT issues. That knowledge will get you nowhere in life. <May make some feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but at the end of the day, gets you nothing.

The thing is, most Americans want schools that can just produce those who can read. However this is modern world and the US is on the way down for this very attitude. Other countries are producing kids with the relevant skills needed to compete in the modern world, the US isn't.

Don't complain when the US is not a first world country and say you didn't see it coming and no one could have done anything about it except some moron like Trump.

I can tell you why it's happening, and everyone will continue to ignore the reality and talk about being tough of shit again.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. Tough of shit again? Trump?

:confused:

The point was, surprisingly, that schools need to give kids the skills to live in the real world, and tolerance is one of those skills.

It's only a political issue because you choose to make it political.

Tolerating black people is an issue. Should teachers not make kids aware of other races and try and make them respect each other? Should they reinforce racism simply because adults talk about this politically?
So you would be just fine with teachers doing any of the examples I gave, right?

After all, those are only political if you make them so.
All you are doing is letting little kids know that some families have two mommies.....they are OK with it

It is their parents who go batshit

The parents raise their kids, not the state.
That is so true....parents are free to teach their children any hate they wish

And schools aren't. Welcome aboard the reality boat.

What hate are schools teaching?

Oh yea...hating bigots
But what if your parents are bigots?

...So..any hetero teacher who admits they are married and talks about what they do with their spouse (not sexual) has just admitted they are abusing their trust and position?
Nope.

Whereas homosexuality is wicked, and an abomination manifested by a sick and degenerate 3% of the population.

Time to begin reversing the legal fiction that homosexuality should be mainstreamed and legitimized.

Fruit Loops belong in a box, in a dark closet, not out-and-about, mingling with Decent Folk.

How is it wicked? Does anyone die when people have gay sex? Does it harm you in any way?

No, it doesn't. You're just against stuff that you don't like.

Should a married lesbian teacher be allowed to tell her class she is married to a woman?

Or will that upset conservatives too much?

Should a white supremacist be allowed to say to his class he hates black people?

A white supremacist shouldn't be in the classroom in the first place. If you're not willing to treat all your students equally, you shouldn't be there.

What if a teacher told students that homosexuality is wrong?
That would likely be what anti-LGBT bigots would like. Do we want teachers teaching children to get along and not be bullies? That's what I want.

I want teachers to teach kids how to think for themselves, not think what the teachers want to think.

How do kids think for themselves? At the age of four thinking for yourself is generally doing bad stuff. In a classroom there needs to be discipline.
Kids need to be learning skills of how to learn for themselves, how to be creative and so on, but they also need information and they'll get it from one place or another.

As you can see from this article, one boy said that men couldn't marry each other. He was wrong, but this was him "thinking for himself" and thinking it wrongly. Also some boy called another "gay", he'd picked up that gay was bad, not from his own thinking, but from someone else.

I think people need to understand how kids learn before they start making statements about kid's learning.

At four year-old kids don't give a shit. Why not let them grow up and make up their own mind?
Are you going to teach a four year old that their friends two moms are an abomination?

I doubt it matters to a four year old, so let the parents handle this. It's not a teachers business.

I doubt it matters to a four year old, so let the parents handle this. It's not a teachers business.

Four year olds understand the concept of family

And let their FAMILY teach them.

Good for her? Is she really a he? What is who is ..never mind. It seems gays dictate right from wrong, Their world view is the center of the moral universe?

individual freedoms to be who you wish to be. A conservative belief the last time I checked??

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1
individual freedoms to be who you wish to be. A conservative belief the last time I checked??

Individual freedom doesn't give you the right to force views on 4 year old children, this is a family matter, not some crusty old lesbian

And let their FAMILY teach them.
Who said their family can't?

Four year old goes to school and sees some kids have a mommy and daddy, some kids have just a grandma, some kids have just a mommy, some have two mommies

They need to understand what a family is

Nope.

How is it wicked? Does anyone die when people have gay sex? Does it harm you in any way?

Get thee behind us, Satan...

Good for her? Is she really a he? What is who is ..never mind. It seems gays dictate right from wrong, Their world view is the center of the moral universe?

Who should dictate what is right and wrong? Surely it is the people who do. And she is a person, so....

Better the people than a church made up of immoral people.

Nope.

Get thee behind us, Satan...

You know Satan is an anagram of Santa right?

Satan was also formerly the god of fertility, and Puta was a minor god of fertility and she became a bad word in latin based languages like Spanish and Italian.

You also didn't say why it's evil, other than coming out with religious stuff. I'm not religious, so, why is it bad? Remember that no religious argument will work.

Forum List

Back