Let Louisiana drown!

I mean , I'd be all for helping all those deep red parishes being flooded. But I wouldn't want to offend them .

After all they are very conservative and don't believe in big gov programs and welfare ( guess that means no FEMA help)

They don't like insurance mandates . Take care of yourself! ( sucks how like all of them don't have flood insurance ) .

And climate change . That's poppycock! (Blame god for striking you sinners down with epic floods)

I'm sure those proud right wingers won't be looking for a handout ! Hopefully they saved some of that Katrina or BP OIL money for just such an emergency !

For the record, north Baton Rouge is almost 100% black.

I do appreciate your point, though. These are also some of the assholes who most vehemently condemned New Orleanians for not having flood insurance. Most of EBR, Ascension, and Livingston is in a high risk flood zone, yet only 12% had flood coverage. WTF?1?!

Look at the list of parishes on disaster list . Mostly deep red except for the city.
People who are not cool with you are assholes. Right?

I mean , I'd be all for helping all those deep red parishes being flooded. But I wouldn't want to offend them .

After all they are very conservative and don't believe in big gov programs and welfare ( guess that means no FEMA help)

They don't like insurance mandates . Take care of yourself! ( sucks how like all of them don't have flood insurance ) .

And climate change . That's poppycock! (Blame god for striking you sinners down with epic floods)

I'm sure those proud right wingers won't be looking for a handout ! Hopefully they saved some of that Katrina or BP OIL money for just such an emergency !

I do appreciate your point, though. These are also some of the assholes who most vehemently condemned New Orleanians for not having flood insurance. Most of EBR, Ascension, and Livingston is in a high risk flood zone, yet only 12% had flood coverage. WTF?1?!

Look at the list of parishes on disaster list . Mostly deep red except for the city.

I'm Just having fun pointing out right wing hypocrites.

I'm Just having fun pointing out right wing hypocrites.
Does one have to be a right winger to be a hypocrite? How do you define a right winger?

A bit too extreme. Don't allow your petty hate for political opponents to cloud your better judgement. As long as they're still being required by law to pay so much taxes, they should expect Government relief in some capacity. Fair is fair on that.

However that being said, too many Americans are too dependent on Government for survival. I mean if you live in a swamp, that's on you. Government isn't responsible for providing folks with common sense. Just look at Katrina. They were not prepared. They relied solely on Government for their survival. If you live in dangerous locations, be prepared for the worst, or relocate. In the end, it is on you.

Last edited:
A bit too extreme. Don't allow your petty hate for political opponents to cloud your better judgement. As long as they're still being required by law to pay so much taxes, they should expect Government relief in some capacity. Fair is fair on that.

However that being said, too many Americans are too dependent on Government for survival. I mean if you live in a swamp, that's on you. Government isn't responsible for providing folks with common sense. Just look at Katrina. They were not prepared. They relied solely on Government for their survival. If you live in dangerous locations, be prepared for the worst, or relocate. In the end, it is on you.
I mostly agree with what you said. However, not everyone is in a position to move from where they live. Also, to brand everyone in a community as being government leaches is a form of prejudice or bias in itself. And not all southerners are red necks or right wing extremists.

Every louisiana resident has the option to buy flood insurance through the federal government, as long as they agree to certain conditions. For example, even land owners in the Lower 9th Ward (a flood plain) can buy insurance if they put their house up on 8 foot high blocks. The insurance companies have nothing to do with it. They are only subcontracted by FEMA to adjudicate claims. my check for Katrina for $115,000 was from FEMA.

I thought listening your your ilk or to Obama the only ones being flooded were blacks. Yet, that is pretty much what you guys were saying. And yep I really don't think you or Obama care.

I thought listening your your ilk or to Obama the only ones being flooded were blacks. Yet, that is pretty much what you guys were saying. And yep I really don't think you or Obama care.

Where u getting that from? You do realize LA is a red state other than in the cities . This flood covered a wide area , not just Baton Rouge .

Having lived through Katrina, I have zero sympathy for people in Louisiana. First, every one of them could have bought flood insurance, which is subsidized by people who don't live in flood zones. Congress was going to change that after Katrina, but the law was blocked and defeated. Second, even if you can not afford to put your house up on blocks, in order to buy insurance, you always have the option to move to higher ground, or better yet, clean out of the state, like I did. My x-wife, on the other hand, chose to stay, in spite of having to leave her house in a rowboat in 1965 with Betsey, and being flooded out by Katrina in 2005. I am sure that neither she or her family would even consider moving to Hattiesburg, only about 1 1/2 hours away, and all but immune to floods, even after this week's disaster..

To be fair, every part of our country lives under threat of some kind of natural disaster .

Having lived through Katrina, I have zero sympathy for people in Louisiana. First, every one of them could have bought flood insurance, which is subsidized by people who don't live in flood zones. Congress was going to change that after Katrina, but the law was blocked and defeated. Second, even if you can not afford to put your house up on blocks, in order to buy insurance, you always have the option to move to higher ground, or better yet, clean out of the state, like I did. My x-wife, on the other hand, chose to stay, in spite of having to leave her house in a rowboat in 1965 with Betsey, and being flooded out by Katrina in 2005. I am sure that neither she or her family would even consider moving to Hattiesburg, only about 1 1/2 hours away, and all but immune to floods, even after this week's disaster..

When was the last time this area had this level of flooding?

To be fair, every part of our country lives under threat of some kind of natural disaster .

Well, I am still waiting to find out what that would be, down here in Tucson....

I suppose that all this sunshine could cause skin cancer.

1927, which is considerably less than 500 years.

Great Mississippi Flood of 1927 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, I am still waiting to find out what that would be, down here in Tucson....

Ya get some left over typhoon slide up from Baja Mexico and your non drainage ass is fucked !

"Let Louisiana drown!"

WTF is wrong with you?!

You elevate 'rabid liberal partisanship' to a whole new perverted level..

Louisiana proves why we need conservative thought. If we sit around waiting for government help, we will be underwater. Because who knows when some politicians will let you suffer because you don't support them.

This is why we as individuals need to do something. Donate. Volunteer. Give blood. Help the people ourselves. Obama wont

Ya get some left over typhoon slide up from Baja Mexico and your non drainage ass is fucked !

Frankly, I look forward to the Monsoons every summer. There is an arroyo next to my house, and it is kind of fun watching the rattlesnakes float by. I did lose a saguaro two years ago, but I guess I can't get too upset about that.

"Let Louisiana drown!"

WTF is wrong with you?!

You elevate 'rabid liberal partisanship' to a whole new perverted level..

I'm just channeling righties like you!

What are your thoughts on compulsory insurance ? On big government ? On welfare ???

Still far enough back for it not to be a huge threat.

Still far enough back for it not to be a huge threat.

I don't see it that way, because my x-wife's mother used to talk about that one. So, if you include Rita, 1927 mississippi flood, Katrina, and last week, you are talking about 4 major floods in two generations.

There is a dike across Southern LA, just south of I-10. Everything below that dyke is virtually guaranteed to flood at least every 20 years, and yet, there are hundreds of thousands of people who live south of that dike, and virtually all of them go back for several generations.

Forum List

Back