Let Me Get This Straight on SCOTUS Nomination

Funny meme, but absurd. If Trump somehow cured cancer, I'd even vote for him.

I was watching a comedians show on Netflix, a far lefty, Michelle Wolf I believe. She did a piece on honesty, and polled her audience, it was anonymous. Her audience even said, that they would rather have N. Korea remain hostile and nuclear, than have Trump have any credit for DE-escalating tensions.

Partisanship is pretty ingrained. A person's worldview and party do seem to be more important than life and death issues.
You won't see that from the other direction. For example Carters rescue attempt of the hostages in Iran. Generally accepted it was an acceptable.

Yes, because Carter was so recent ...

What an unfair comparison.
The right applauded Clinton's Welfare reforms.

Clinton wasn't all that recent either. Even a little before my time, one might say.

But from what I understand, he wasn't all that "liberal". So I'm not surprised.

Shit, well if Clinton isn't recent enough for you, you need to go have your political discussions with Pumpkin Row. . ..

:abgg2q.jpg:

That's like asking the far right whether they wanted Obamacare to succeed during the Obama days. Of course they wouldn't; they are the far right! They would rather piss blood for 4 years than have a (half) black president for 8.

You are being disingenuous by calling anyone that was against the ACA, "the far right." According to polling, over 51% were opposed to it. That isn't "the far right."

It took the Supreme Court to make it constitutional, and even then, most don't think the decision was a legitimate decision under that powers of taxation that are enumerated under the rules laid out under the Constitution.

Most that are aware of the fascistic nature of government and corporate power, understand that the ACA had nothing to do with lowering medical costs or covering more people, it had to do with give aways to the insurance industry and the pharmaceutical industry.

Most of it's supporters were brainwashed by corporate media and blitzed by ad campaigns and astro-turfed media campaigns on social media.

For most, they got financially screwed while loosing coverage. The real winners were not the poor, they were not those who needed more coverage, it was the insurance industry, BIG PHARMA, and the medical/government bureaucracy.

I'm not saying "to be against it". That's one thing.

I'm saying that, when you know it's going to be the law of the land, to hope for it to fail. That's quite a difference.

Most average patriotic Americans that have a brain in their head and are disgusted with fascism generally hope for it's failure in the same way they hope that Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union would fail.

Ends justify the means, huh? I mean, obviously it would take a lot of people's health (and lives) down with it. But I guess it's easy not to care if it's not your life on the line ...

You know nothing about me. How do you know that my life won't be affected? How do you know that I don't have skin in the game?

If I need any help, I will lobby my individual state, the proper legal authority for such political activity.

I'm willing to sacrifice to end the fascism in this nation.

That Constitution does not legitimize the federal government endorsing fascism. If the Congress, Executive, or Judicial Branch refuses to end it, then yes, let it die on it's own.

Do you? Or do you not? I mean, there's no way for me to know, but generally it's the people who know they'll never step foot on a battlefield who are the hungriest for war. People born into wealth (or the middle class) who are most critical of the poor. Etc.

You are being disingenuous by calling anyone that was against the ACA, "the far right." According to polling, over 51% were opposed to it. That isn't "the far right."

It took the Supreme Court to make it constitutional, and even then, most don't think the decision was a legitimate decision under that powers of taxation that are enumerated under the rules laid out under the Constitution.

Most that are aware of the fascistic nature of government and corporate power, understand that the ACA had nothing to do with lowering medical costs or covering more people, it had to do with give aways to the insurance industry and the pharmaceutical industry.

Most of it's supporters were brainwashed by corporate media and blitzed by ad campaigns and astro-turfed media campaigns on social media.

For most, they got financially screwed while loosing coverage. The real winners were not the poor, they were not those who needed more coverage, it was the insurance industry, BIG PHARMA, and the medical/government bureaucracy.

I'm not saying "to be against it". That's one thing.

I'm saying that, when you know it's going to be the law of the land, to hope for it to fail. That's quite a difference.

Most average patriotic Americans that have a brain in their head and are disgusted with fascism generally hope for it's failure in the same way they hope that Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union would fail.

Ends justify the means, huh? I mean, obviously it would take a lot of people's health (and lives) down with it. But I guess it's easy not to care if it's not your life on the line ...

You know nothing about me. How do you know that my life won't be affected? How do you know that I don't have skin in the game?

If I need any help, I will lobby my individual state, the proper legal authority for such political activity.

I'm willing to sacrifice to end the fascism in this nation.

That Constitution does not legitimize the federal government endorsing fascism. If the Congress, Executive, or Judicial Branch refuses to end it, then yes, let it die on it's own.

Do you? Or do you not? I mean, there's no way for me to know, but generally it's the people who know they'll never step foot on a battlefield who are the hungriest for war. People born into wealth (or the middle class) who are most critical of the poor. Etc.

One need not go to war to sacrifice for their nation.

I was watching a comedians show on Netflix, a far lefty, Michelle Wolf I believe. She did a piece on honesty, and polled her audience, it was anonymous. Her audience even said, that they would rather have N. Korea remain hostile and nuclear, than have Trump have any credit for DE-escalating tensions.

Partisanship is pretty ingrained. A person's worldview and party do seem to be more important than life and death issues.
You won't see that from the other direction. For example Carters rescue attempt of the hostages in Iran. Generally accepted it was an acceptable.

Clinton wasn't all that recent either. Even a little before my time, one might say.

Shit, well if Clinton isn't recent enough for you, you need to go have your political discussions with Pumpkin Row. . ..

Saying young people's opinions aren't important? Okay.

You're doing the democratic party a great service with that attitude.

I'm hearing the nominee should had been of a different skin color, sex, sexual desires, color hair, uses a different toothpaste, etc etc.

All of whom would also be Hitler Jr and be blocked by the Left.

Correct?

You've been told before to put a lead veneer above aluminum foil in your hat so as to stop the voices which echo around between your ears.

Yes. Did you see the video of the liberals who were asked for their opinion on Trump's nominee--two days before he named him? Every one of them attacked the nominee, and most used terms like "racist," "fascist," "homophobic," etc., to describe the then-nonexistent nominee.

I'm hearing the nominee should had been of a different skin color, sex, sexual desires, color hair, uses a different toothpaste, etc etc.

Correct?

You've been told before to put a lead veneer above aluminum foil in your hat so as to stop the voices which echo around between your ears.
By the time he is seated on the bench you lefties will have given Trump another million supporters.

YOU are the one that is doing young people a disservice. You are the one saying the history doesn't matter.

He-who-controls-the-past-controls-the-future.-He-who-controls-the-present-controls-the-past..jpg

YOU are the one that is doing young people a disservice. You are the one saying the history doesn't matter.

He-who-controls-the-past-controls-the-future.-He-who-controls-the-present-controls-the-past..jpg

How so?

Name one person on the planet who thinks they had more wisdom 20 years ago than today.

Name one person on the planet who thinks they had more wisdom 20 years ago than today.

Wisdom, or knowledge?

I've known some old ass people who believe some dumb ass shit. Some of whom are on these very boards.

It depends on the individual.

Wisdom, or knowledge?

I've known some old ass people who believe some dumb ass shit. Some of whom are on these very boards.

Answer the question.

Correct?
You’ll have a lot of things. Mostly the. Nominee shouldn’t be a trump sucking theocrat hack.
Like whom? Who would Trump pick who's not the anti Christ?

It was an inside job.
Trump and Kennedy made a deal.
As a result, Kennedy's favorite former law clerk got the seat.
And you can bet your ass that Trump met with Kavanaugh and told him he needed his loyalty, and unlike Comey, Kavanaugh went down on his knees and buried his face firmly inside Trump's trousers.

Correct?

By the time he is seated on the bench you lefties will have given Trump another million supporters.

ibid, post 45

Correct?
You’ll have a lot of things. Mostly the. Nominee shouldn’t be a trump sucking theocrat hack.

It was an inside job.
And you can bet your ass that Trump met with Kavanaugh and told him he needed his loyalty, and unlike Comey, Kavanaugh went down on his knees and buried his face firmly inside Trump's trousers.
I heard Trump met with Satan before the announcement too.

Wisdom, or knowledge?

Answer the question.

It's a ridiculous question. First of all, you're asking me to name someone who believes a particular way about a particular question that no one asks each other.

If I had to venture, I'd say very few would propose they possess the same or a lesser amount of wisdom as they did 20 years ago.

What does that have to do with anything? As I implied, your age does not, and should not, disqualify your opinion. It should stand on its own merits. Is the right ageist now? Wouldn't surprise me. They don't do well with young voters.

Wisdom, or knowledge?

Answer the question.

It's a ridiculous question. First of all, you're asking me to name someone who believes a particular way about a particular question that no one asks each other.

If I had to venture, I'd say very few would propose they possess the same or a lesser amount of wisdom as they did 20 years ago.

What does that have to do with anything? As I implied, your age does not, and should not, disqualify your opinion. It should stand on its own merits. Is the right ageist now? Wouldn't surprise me. They don't do well with young voters.
Since you won't answer, I'll do the conclusion for you.

Only a moron thinks today's youth is worth listening to.

Correct?

It was an inside job.
I heard Trump met with Satan before the announcement too.

He was taking to himself, he does that often, an often disagrees

Wisdom, or knowledge?

Answer the question.

Since you won't answer, I'll do the conclusion for you.

Only a moron thinks today's youth is worth listening to.

Hope you're dead before we take over, I guess. Otherwise you're going to be a very unhappy little man, I suspect.

Forum List

Back