🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Let’s Arm Teachers. Yeah, That’s a Peachy Idea (Eye Roll)

Had someone had a gun the shooter would have been dropped.

In this case, balls would have been enough. The security apparently was too ball-less to confront the shooter.

Stop going after people's rights because your heroes completely sucked at preventing the shooting.
Wrong.

Obviously you know nothing about shooting pistols, the training and experience required, and the inherent difficulty involved in being even moderately accurate.

Well, good thing the security had years of training.

I of course assume that most who are armed have the required experience. If for example a leftist had a gun, he couldn't even tell whether it was an assault rifle or not. Such person would be as useless as the security in this case, don't project that to all Americans.

So, have you rushed an assailant with armed with an assault rifle yet?? Of course not, me boy. Norman is a simple pretend gunner. Probably shot a few refrigerators, maybe a Buick. Years of training, as the experts in the subject, trainers who work with cops to get them to be effective at the job of stopping mass shootings will tell you, if you were interested, that even with years of training, most guards, including police, will simply die trying and possibly kill some of the wrong people. But Teachers. Jesus, you have to be really stupid, Norman. Really stupid.
Then why are teachers volunteering?

In this case, balls would have been enough. The security apparently was too ball-less to confront the shooter.

Stop going after people's rights because your heroes completely sucked at preventing the shooting.
Wrong.

Obviously you know nothing about shooting pistols, the training and experience required, and the inherent difficulty involved in being even moderately accurate.

Well, good thing the security had years of training.

I of course assume that most who are armed have the required experience. If for example a leftist had a gun, he couldn't even tell whether it was an assault rifle or not. Such person would be as useless as the security in this case, don't project that to all Americans.

So, have you rushed an assailant with armed with an assault rifle yet?? Of course not, me boy. Norman is a simple pretend gunner. Probably shot a few refrigerators, maybe a Buick. Years of training, as the experts in the subject, trainers who work with cops to get them to be effective at the job of stopping mass shootings will tell you, if you were interested, that even with years of training, most guards, including police, will simply die trying and possibly kill some of the wrong people. But Teachers. Jesus, you have to be really stupid, Norman. Really stupid.

He didn't have an assault rifle, dumbass!

It doesn't take a combat veteran to take down a rank amateur shooter. Most of these shooters are not taking careful aim because they have no training to do so. Just the idea that someone is shooting at them is enough to make them lose their nerve and abandon the attack or off themselves first.

If a shooter knows they are attacking a school with an armed faculty, he will likely choose another target where his chances of not being the first and only casualty are considerably lessened.

Hardening the target is the idea. We aren't training teachers to be SEAL Team Six. Most of these shooters will find something else to do even if they were going up against The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight!

Yes, it's funny, but when you post links from "The Guardian", people tend to discount them AND you as biased trash.
`
You must know some rather strange people then...and what's wrong with the Guardian? Can you prove anything they reported as being false? If so, can I see your proof? (not that I expect any but I am curious)

Technically, he had what is generally known as an assault rifle, to the general public. It was an AR15, dipshit. Semi auto with high capacity clips, and enough power per shot to kill a person easily with a single shot to the torso.

It doesn't take a combat veteran to take down a rank amateur shooter. Even combat veterans get a bit shook when facing a AR with their glock. Dipshit. Guard and two cops knew better. They did not even engage.

Most of these shooters are not taking careful aim because they have no training to do so. Jesus, you are stupid. A single shooter killed 17 in 6 minutes. No need to take carefull aim with an AR15. Dipshit. Just the idea that someone is shooting at them is enough to make them lose their nerve and abandon the attack or off themselves first. There have been trained guards in most of the mass killings in the US. Want to name the one where one of the trained guards killed a shooter? Here is the problem for you. None ever scared away any mass killer. Ever. And many were known entities. Everyone knew there was a guard on duty. Dipshit. But no mass killers ran.

If a shooter knows they are attacking a school with an armed faculty, he will likely choose another target where his chances of not being the first and only casualty are considerably lessened. Jesus, you are stupid. See the above. But would it make you happy if the shooter went to a different school and killed a bunch of kids there? Dipshit. And by the way, no defense experts believes anyone will be scared away. And none believe that an armed member of the faculty is a good idea. Just you, but I doubt you have even shot a refrigerator at the local dump.

Hardening the target is the idea. We aren't training teachers to be SEAL Team Six. Most of these shooters will find something else to do even if they were going up against The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight! So you say. But you are way too stupid for anyone to believe. But nice try. Now, back to your bedroom in your moms house. Maybe play a little more xbox.

Last edited:

Whenever a mass shooting occurs, the first words out of the mouths of conservatives is, “We need more guns in the hands of civilians.” Or something like it.

It’s that unreasonable conservative mind-set, that forces them to believe the fairy tale that untrained civilians know instinctively, where the gunfire is located, immediately recognize the individual(s) doing the shooting, and have the steel nerves and iron will to confront and kill the shooter(s), without hesitation or concern for their own safety.

What so often proves this unreasonable mind-set of the conservatives to be a total fantasy is the choice by trained law enforcement officers to avoid exacerbating an already uncontrolled situation. This can be seen no better than in the shooting incident last week at Florida’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

In addition to the school resource officer from the Broward County Sheriff’s office Scot Peterson, Coral Springs police officers arriving at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, found three additional Broward County Sheriff’s Deputies who had not yet entered the building.

Sadly, these four men apparently remained outside while directing Coral Springs police officers to the building where the shooting took place, even as the Coral Springs officers entered, joined by two newly arrived Broward County Deputies.

It is likely there will be a whitewash of this incident as “Sources cautioned that tapes are currently being reviewed and official accounts could ultimately differ from recollections of officers on the scene.” Gotta CYA to protect the county and themselves from the inevitable lawsuits.

But the coming whitewash aside, this again proves that “Rambo” instinct, which most conservatives are certain they posses, is a fairy tale they use to fool themselves.

As it turns out, Deputy Peterson was eligible for retirement. So one must wonder if that didn’t enter into his decision to remain outside. He had, after all, survived his career in law enforcement long enough to retire from the Sheriff’s Department. Like Peterson, the three other deputies could very well have had second thoughts, making them unsure of the results were they to rush headlong into the unknown.

Conservatives who are certain they have that “Rambo” instinct, like to think they are courageous hero-types and are capable of single-handedly saving the day. But, there is a good reason law enforcement agencies have SWAT teams. The officers who are members of these teams train and retrain regularly. They wear protective gear, have available to them fully automatic weapons, are experts in their use, and in the use of other military-style equipment.

The four experienced officers who were armed with only pistols chose caution and did not rush into the unknown situation. But, conservatives expect teachers armed only with pistols and minimal training to jump in and face killers firing their AR-15s at anything that moves.

It’s unfortunate these conservatives calling for the arming of teachers are so certain of this “Rambo” instinct. If it does exist, it does so only in a tiny, tiny percentage of regular citizens (most of whom must have death wishes).

As people of reason know, these conservatives are nothing more than “keyboard warriors”. They are brave beyond all else, but only when safely typing their attacks, anonymously. The truth is, they are too old, or too fat, or are out of shape, or too slow and crippled-up, or would freeze in fear, or any combination there of, to truly be the heroes they’ve convinced themselves they would be. They are the “Monday morning quarterbacks” of mass shooting response, and all of them would hesitate or totally freeze when called upon to weigh the threat of their own death against defending strangers. Just as the four Broward County Deputies did. No Rambos there.

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. Unfortunately, in the conservatives' responses to this thread we can expect only their typical nonsense, denial, alternate facts, and off-topic silliness. (e.g. non-sequiturs, ratings, transference, memes, etc.), to which any reply is a waste of time.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/coward-sheriffs-deputy-one-four-12079659

Want to know how I know you are a fucking retard?

When the shooter is kicking in the door to the classroom, who stands between the gunman and the children?

Ranbow. What a fucking clown you are.

Last time I checked there was a difference between an idea and a suggestion. Another liberal argument that has no foundation to begin with.

Technically, he had what is generally known as an assault rifle, to the general public. It was an AR15, dipshit. Semi auto with high capacity clips, and enough power per shot to kill a person easily with a single shot to the torso.

It doesn't take a combat veteran to take down a rank amateur shooter. Even combat veterans get a bit shook when facing a AR with their glock. Dipshit. Guard and two cops knew better. They did not even engage.

Most of these shooters are not taking careful aim because they have no training to do so. Jesus, you are stupid. A single shooter killed 17 in 6 minutes. No need to take carefull aim with an AR15. Dipshit. Just the idea that someone is shooting at them is enough to make them lose their nerve and abandon the attack or off themselves first. There have been trained guards in most of the mass killings in the US. Want to name the one where one of the trained guards killed a shooter? Here is the problem for you. None ever scared away any mass killer. Ever. And many were known entities. Everyone knew there was a guard on duty. Dipshit. But no mass killers ran.

If a shooter knows they are attacking a school with an armed faculty, he will likely choose another target where his chances of not being the first and only casualty are considerably lessened. Jesus, you are stupid. See the above. But would it make you happy if the shooter went to a different school and killed a bunch of kids there? Dipshit. And by the way, no defense experts believes anyone will be scared away. And none believe that an armed member of the faculty is a good idea. Just you, but I doubt you have even shot a refrigerator at the local dump.

Hardening the target is the idea. We aren't training teachers to be SEAL Team Six. Most of these shooters will find something else to do even if they were going up against The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight! So you say. But you are way too stupid for anyone to believe. But nice try. Now, back to your bedroom in your moms house. Maybe play a little more xbox.

At least I know how to quote!

First, you don't know what an assault weapon is and you used the term "clip: which indicates you don't have a fucking clue.

Second, I am the only person you will find on this message board who trains with Special Operations troops on a regular basis. I shoot an assault rifle for training. It is fully automatic if I want it to be. Your AR can never do that, meaning it is not as assault rifle.

I have also trained with law enforcement personnel on these exact scenarios. Everything I have said is true, and you are also talking to a teacher and former assistant principal who has been through numerous active shooter trainings and drills conducted by out state police. I think I am just a little more qualified to pontificate than someone who thinks an AR uses a clip and is an assault rifle.

You have no response to anything I said except to spread false information and call names.

I guarantee that you could come at me with an AR and I will drop you with my pistol before you even know I am there.

Whenever a mass shooting occurs, the first words out of the mouths of conservatives is, “We need more guns in the hands of civilians.” Or something like it.

It’s that unreasonable conservative mind-set, that forces them to believe the fairy tale that untrained civilians know instinctively, where the gunfire is located, immediately recognize the individual(s) doing the shooting, and have the steel nerves and iron will to confront and kill the shooter(s), without hesitation or concern for their own safety.

What so often proves this unreasonable mind-set of the conservatives to be a total fantasy is the choice by trained law enforcement officers to avoid exacerbating an already uncontrolled situation. This can be seen no better than in the shooting incident last week at Florida’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

In addition to the school resource officer from the Broward County Sheriff’s office Scot Peterson, Coral Springs police officers arriving at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, found three additional Broward County Sheriff’s Deputies who had not yet entered the building.

Sadly, these four men apparently remained outside while directing Coral Springs police officers to the building where the shooting took place, even as the Coral Springs officers entered, joined by two newly arrived Broward County Deputies.

It is likely there will be a whitewash of this incident as “Sources cautioned that tapes are currently being reviewed and official accounts could ultimately differ from recollections of officers on the scene.” Gotta CYA to protect the county and themselves from the inevitable lawsuits.

But the coming whitewash aside, this again proves that “Rambo” instinct, which most conservatives are certain they posses, is a fairy tale they use to fool themselves.

As it turns out, Deputy Peterson was eligible for retirement. So one must wonder if that didn’t enter into his decision to remain outside. He had, after all, survived his career in law enforcement long enough to retire from the Sheriff’s Department. Like Peterson, the three other deputies could very well have had second thoughts, making them unsure of the results were they to rush headlong into the unknown.

Conservatives who are certain they have that “Rambo” instinct, like to think they are courageous hero-types and are capable of single-handedly saving the day. But, there is a good reason law enforcement agencies have SWAT teams. The officers who are members of these teams train and retrain regularly. They wear protective gear, have available to them fully automatic weapons, are experts in their use, and in the use of other military-style equipment.

The four experienced officers who were armed with only pistols chose caution and did not rush into the unknown situation. But, conservatives expect teachers armed only with pistols and minimal training to jump in and face killers firing their AR-15s at anything that moves.

It’s unfortunate these conservatives calling for the arming of teachers are so certain of this “Rambo” instinct. If it does exist, it does so only in a tiny, tiny percentage of regular citizens (most of whom must have death wishes).

As people of reason know, these conservatives are nothing more than “keyboard warriors”. They are brave beyond all else, but only when safely typing their attacks, anonymously. The truth is, they are too old, or too fat, or are out of shape, or too slow and crippled-up, or would freeze in fear, or any combination there of, to truly be the heroes they’ve convinced themselves they would be. They are the “Monday morning quarterbacks” of mass shooting response, and all of them would hesitate or totally freeze when called upon to weigh the threat of their own death against defending strangers. Just as the four Broward County Deputies did. No Rambos there.

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. Unfortunately, in the conservatives' responses to this thread we can expect only their typical nonsense, denial, alternate facts, and off-topic silliness. (e.g. non-sequiturs, ratings, transference, memes, etc.), to which any reply is a waste of time.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html

When the shooter is kicking in the door to the classroom, who stands between the gunman and the children?

There will never be a shooter kicking down a classroom door either! That is inexperience talking.

There will never be a shooter kicking down a classroom door either! That is inexperience talking.
It is an expression. When the shooter is coming through the classroom door, the only thing between the kids and the killer is the teacher.

I don't advocate for mandating teachers carry. I do think that if they want to carry, and get the training, then they should.

The whole notion that a teacher with a gun is just someone playing Ranbow is about as asinine as it gets.

It is an expression. When the shooter is coming through the classroom door, the only thing between the kids and the killer is the teacher.

I don't advocate for mandating teachers carry. I do think that if they want to carry, and get the training, then they should.

The whole notion that a teacher with a gun is just someone playing Ranbow is about as asinine as it gets.

Understood, but we are getting too many people using "expressions" that are merely flights of fantasy.

Other than that, you are on target. Continue fire for effect.

The keyboard commandos are restless tonight. I will call my cousin Icy, and tell her to load her 9 MM, and be ready for trouble in case things get out of hand in her 6th grade class tomorrow. I just hope that she did not leave her ammo in the water jar, instead of her teeth, which she did last year.

The keyboard commandos are restless tonight. I will call my cousin Icy, and tell her to load her 9 MM, and be ready for trouble in case things get out of hand in her 6th grade class tomorrow. I just hope that she did not leave her ammo in the water jar, instead of her teeth, which she did last year.
I'm glad to see that you agree that these school shootings are really nothing to get worked up about after all.

51a39a9b-5351-4fb9-8f17-69a8e34bf097.png

Whenever a mass shooting occurs, the first words out of the mouths of conservatives is, “We need more guns in the hands of civilians.”

Let's cut out all your blather. In the hands of civilians? A dope like you who has never even seen let alone touched a gun would think that. I guess you think carrying a gun is the job of paramilitary only? Why don't you get your head out of your FAT ASS to realize that no one is talking about putting guns in every hysterical person'a hand's to be all shooting up the room in mass bedlam---- but if a teacher or other school staff already owns firearms or wants to learn, they should be allowed to carry under carefully considered local guidelines. Having "a guard" is not enough---- he will be the first target. The only way to stop a bad person with a gun is by a good person with a gun, or are you so fearful of guns being seen in a positive light saving lives, you'd rather let more children die to carry on your tiresome mantra?

Samuel L. Jackson
@SamuelLJackson

Can someone that’s been in a Gunfight tell that Muthafukka that’s Never been in a Gunfight, the flaws of his Arm The Teachers plan??!!
so you're thinking that the teacher just wants to stand in front of the armed assailant and take one for the team? and after he/she is dropped, down go the kids as well? wow how white of you to think so highly of our schools.

Forum List

Back