Let’s chat about the atheist religion.

I once had a real axe to grind with God. I was a real dick about it. My almost saintly mom died a cruel prolonged death.

That is one of the hardest issues to deal with -- the death of innocent people. I still have problems with what happened to Job and his family, but understand Job more today. God has a more grandiose plan. What people forget is Satan is the one who does the evil stuff because he has dominion over the world. It's easy to blame God for all the ills in the world.
It's easy to blame God because he is supposedly omnipotent and omnipresent existing everywhere simultaneously in the past, present and future. I don't really care about a plan that looks exactly like naturally occurring entropy in a slowly dying universe.

Yes, it's easy to blame God but that's taking the easy way out. Not to blame him and blame Satan is harder; Satan is good at hiding. I also agree that entropy is increasing due to Adam's sin. The part I disagree with is slowly dying. It's happening rapidly.
God is a big boy, he can take a little criticism

There is no need for a Satan as long as there are humans who want something they cannot have.

Satan tempts, God warns. I wish there was no Satan and his followers, but they exist and tempt and play tricks on humans. God warns us, but a lot of times it falls on deaf ears.
Reading the Bible, God has done more horrible things than Satan

Imagine if it was Satan who flooded the earth killing all the creatures?
Imagine if Satan had killed the first born of Egypt and sent plagues?

All Satan does is “tempt”

There is no need for a Satan as long as there are humans who want something they cannot have.

Satan tempts, God warns. I wish there was no Satan and his followers, but they exist and tempt and play tricks on humans. God warns us, but a lot of times it falls on deaf ears.

Almighty God destroyed the Gay Communities of Sodom as well as Gomorrah. But the homosexuals sought to recruit His holy angels into the Gay Lifestyle.

Power of water. Floods kill the most

Against false gods

Yet, atheists don't believe in God's warnings. There is no God unless something bad happens like COVID-19 pandemic. Then they have someone to blame. The atheists in blue states are taking a beating now about 3.4%, so I suppose they blame God like you. Why couldn't it be Satan collecting the souls? He is the one who gets the benefits of lost souls.

Power of water. Floods kill the most

Against false gods

Yet, atheists don't believe in God's warnings. There is no God unless something bad happens like COVID-19 pandemic. Then they have someone to blame. The atheists in blue states are taking a beating now about 3.4%, so I suppose they blame God like you. Why couldn't it be Satan collecting the souls? He is the one who gets the benefits of lost souls.

NY is a heavily Catholic and Jewish state
Gods favorite religions

Atheism is not a religion.

It’s the exact opposite of religion.
Accurate.

Most atheists are "agnostic atheists". They don't claim with certainty that there are no gods. They just see no reason to believe in magical sky daddies and so don't.

Any evidence that people back then were too stupid too build ships when they were able to survive horrendous weather and that's why we're here?
Any evidence that people back then were too stupid to build smart phones when they were able to survive horrendous weather and that's why we're here?

They were just as smart as we are but there is no evidence they possessed the technology for either. Do you have evidence to the contrary?
They lived near rivers and coasts, right?
And if they did?
They did. There’s no if.

So it shouldn’t be a shock that they navigated and took advantage of that resource.
That was never in dispute. The ancients didn't even cross a sea if they could avoid it, they generally sailed within sight of land. Are you trying to say they had the ships to cross the Atlantic?
They surfed on boats that didn't exist across the ocean on 1500 gt of water vapor that also did not exist.

Signed,

Ding
I deny science when it disrupts my world view. ~ Fort Fun Indiana - science moron

Any evidence that people back then were too stupid too build ships when they were able to survive horrendous weather and that's why we're here?
Any evidence that people back then were too stupid to build smart phones when they were able to survive horrendous weather and that's why we're here?

They were just as smart as we are but there is no evidence they possessed the technology for either. Do you have evidence to the contrary?
And if they did?
They did. There’s no if.

So it shouldn’t be a shock that they navigated and took advantage of that resource.
That was never in dispute. The ancients didn't even cross a sea if they could avoid it, they generally sailed within sight of land. Are you trying to say they had the ships to cross the Atlantic?
I have no idea. They had boats. No one really knows what extent they had or that they limited their voyages to sight of land.

At least 10,000 years ago man wasn’t much different than modern man in physiological terms. i would expect they had the same distribution of intelligence that we have now, so I’m not going to limit what that intelligence might have produced.

And if they did?
They did. There’s no if.

They surfed on boats that didn't exist across the ocean on 1500 gt of water vapor that also did not exist.

Signed,

Ding
I deny science when it disrupts my world view. ~ Fort Fun Indiana - science moron
Haha, you can always tell when ding has been recently embarrassed in a science thread.

And if they did?
They did. There’s no if.

Signed,

Ding
Haha, you can always tell when ding has been recently embarrassed in a science thread.
Show me.

At least 10,000 years ago man wasn’t much different than modern man in physiological terms. i would expect they had the same distribution of intelligence that we have now, so I’m not going to limit what that intelligence might have produced.
. Our discoveries and knowledge are cumulative in nature. So if you cant think of any reason to limit what they might have produced, then you are a grade a fool.

. Our discoveries and knowledge are cumulative in nature. So if you cant think of any reason to limit what they might have produced, then you are a grade a fool.
Do you you understand the difference between intelligence and knowledge?

Obviously i do, and you do not.

Do you place any limits on what could have been produced in the year 1810? By your own statements you do not. Obviously that is stupid. It doesn't become any smarter or more valid to change the year to 8000 BCE.

You said something pretty dumb to support a dumb implication you made. You see what happens when you start digging...it just gets worse and worse.for you....

Obviously i do, and you do not.

Do you place any limits on what could have been produced in the year 1810? By your own statements you do not. Obviously that is stupid. It doesn't become any smarter or more valid to change the year to 8000 BCE.

You said something pretty dumb to support a dumb implication you made. You see what happens when you start digging...it just gets worse and worse.for you....
We are talking about ancient man and boats. Who lived near rivers and coasts. Do you not suppose he saw logs floating in the water moving with the currents? Do you not suppose he swam in the water and realized he could float? So is it that huge of a leap for the ones on the far right side of the log normal distribution of intelligence to make the leap of transportation on rivers or bays or even coasts?

It must be sad going through life seeking fights like you do.

Apparently Fort Fun Indiana thinks that my not putting limits on ancient man’s seafaring capabilities is equivalent to me saying I’m not putting limits on ancient man’s nuclear power generating limits.

Context is important in discussions. Straw men not so much.

Still no explanation of how Sumerians and Egyptians ended up in different places?

Here is one:
" The Pre-Flood home of Noah and his family was in the area of Babylonia which was some 500 miles east from Mount Ararat, in what is today modern Turkey. After the flood they migrated back to their homeland and built cities. God then caused the confusion of languages which caused them to disperse into the world."

These people could sail across the seas. Thus, you are wrong. You have the history and still wrong. Otherwise, you would've been all over me like a rash.

I can give you the details if you want.

Forum List

Back