Let’s chat about the atheist religion.

Too many people look at evolution all wrong. They limit evolution to biological processes when in reality evolution has been going on since the beginning of time. Evolution is when anything moves from a less advanced state to a more advanced state; a less complex state to a more complex state. There are five distinct phases or stages of evolution. Each stage built upon the previous stage. The five stages are cosmic evolution, stellar evolution, chemical evolution, biological evolution and the evolution of consciousness.

When one properly views evolution and studies the evolution of the creation of space and time from subatomic particles to beings that know and create, he cannot help but see God’s hand in creation.

Where is your source for your claim?

The only thing I agree with is evolution has been around since the beginning of humans. Which two groups did it start with? I can provide you links for that and you know my UC Berkeley link on evolution.

But if one wanted to focus on biological evolution he would have to acknowledge that consciousness is a new phase or stage of biological evolution and that consciousness itself was also evolving. Seen in this light he would have to acknowledge that faith in God offers function advantages that atheism does not. According to natural selection there are two components; functional advantage and transfer of functional advantage to the next generation. So according to Darwin belief in God must offer functional advantages over atheism, otherwise according to Darwin belief in God would have died out long ago.

So if one studies history he will see that belief in God has indeed dominated every society and civilization since the beginning of man and that there are real reasons why these beliefs have enriched mankind and provided man a functional advantage.

You're mixing ToE with God. God isn't associated with a lie. It's ridiculous.

Give a few examples of the history you studied that shows belief in God dominated. Which God are you referring to?

Stop reading it like a child then.
In other words, don't read it literally , and use my own moral and intellectual landscape to change or ignore the things that don't suit me.

Nah, might as well just read a different book, then. Like, something that is actually good literature.

I once had a real axe to grind with God. I was a real dick about it. My almost saintly mom died a cruel prolonged death.

That is one of the hardest issues to deal with -- the death of innocent people. I still have problems with what happened to Job and his family, but understand Job more today. God has a more grandiose plan. What people forget is Satan is the one who does the evil stuff because he has dominion over the world. It's easy to blame God for all the ills in the world.
It's easy to blame God because he is supposedly omnipotent and omnipresent existing everywhere simultaneously in the past, present and future. I don't really care about a plan that looks exactly like naturally occurring entropy in a slowly dying universe.

Yes, it's easy to blame God but that's taking the easy way out. Not to blame him and blame Satan is harder; Satan is good at hiding. I also agree that entropy is increasing due to Adam's sin. The part I disagree with is slowly dying. It's happening rapidly.

Who do we blame for Satan?

Too many people look at evolution all wrong. They limit evolution to biological processes when in reality evolution has been going on since the beginning of time. Evolution is when anything moves from a less advanced state to a more advanced state; a less complex state to a more complex state. There are five distinct phases or stages of evolution. Each stage built upon the previous stage. The five stages are cosmic evolution, stellar evolution, chemical evolution, biological evolution and the evolution of consciousness.

When one properly views evolution and studies the evolution of the creation of space and time from subatomic particles to beings that know and create, he cannot help but see God’s hand in creation.

Where is your source for your claim?

The only thing I agree with is evolution has been around since the beginning of humans. Which two groups did it start with? I can provide you links for that and you know my UC Berkeley link on evolution.

But if one wanted to focus on biological evolution he would have to acknowledge that consciousness is a new phase or stage of biological evolution and that consciousness itself was also evolving. Seen in this light he would have to acknowledge that faith in God offers function advantages that atheism does not. According to natural selection there are two components; functional advantage and transfer of functional advantage to the next generation. So according to Darwin belief in God must offer functional advantages over atheism, otherwise according to Darwin belief in God would have died out long ago.

So if one studies history he will see that belief in God has indeed dominated every society and civilization since the beginning of man and that there are real reasons why these beliefs have enriched mankind and provided man a functional advantage.

Give a few examples of the history you studied that shows belief in God dominated. Which God are you referring to?
Where is my source for my claim that space and time has been evolving from sub atomic particles to beings that know and create? From our knowledge of the universe.

Chapters 1 and 2 of Genesis is the allegorical account of creation and describes that the universe was created in steps or stage or phases. Scientific evidence tells us that the universe started out as subatomic particles and very quickly formed hydrogen and helium. This is called cosmic evolution. The hydrogen and helium formed stellar structures such as galaxies. This is called stellar evolution. The supernovas of stars created all of the elements and compounds that we see through fusion. This is called chemical evolution. All of these stages or phases had to occur before inanimate matter could make the leap to life. An event we still do not fully understand although the best understanding is that it can only occur in hot, wet conditions with an atmosphere rich in certain chemical compounds. Even with these condition being present we do not know how these chemical compounds could fold themselves in just the correct sequence to create life capable of replicating itself. The amount of information required for life to replicate is staggering. But however life made this leap we know it had to begin from a single celled organism and evolved into evermore increasing complex life forms up to the point that beings that know and create eventually arose.

Chapters 1 and 2 of Genesis tells us that space and time had a beginning, that it was created in steps and that life came from inanimate matter.

I don't know what ToE is so I'm not sure how I van be mixing it. The NT even tells you to study what God created so that you are without excuse.
Now you are arguing against belief in God? Seriously. Other than the militant atheistic nations of communism I don't know of one single society or civilization that did not overwhelmingly believe in God. Just because they had a different perception of God than you doesn't mean anything. God is the God of everyone and everything. Please don't tell me you believe God is only the God of Christians.

I once had a real axe to grind with God. I was a real dick about it. My almost saintly mom died a cruel prolonged death.

That is one of the hardest issues to deal with -- the death of innocent people. I still have problems with what happened to Job and his family, but understand Job more today. God has a more grandiose plan. What people forget is Satan is the one who does the evil stuff because he has dominion over the world. It's easy to blame God for all the ills in the world.
It's easy to blame God because he is supposedly omnipotent and omnipresent existing everywhere simultaneously in the past, present and future. I don't really care about a plan that looks exactly like naturally occurring entropy in a slowly dying universe.

Yes, it's easy to blame God but that's taking the easy way out. Not to blame him and blame Satan is harder; Satan is good at hiding. I also agree that entropy is increasing due to Adam's sin. The part I disagree with is slowly dying. It's happening rapidly.

Satan?

Who do you blame for your mistakes? God?

In other words, don't read it literally , and use my own moral and intellectual landscape to change or ignore the things that don't suit me.

Nah, might as well just read a different book, then. Like, something that is actually good literature.
No, try understanding the context of what you are reading and stop reading it like it was written yesterday.

The first five books of the Bible (known as the Torah) were written by Moses - an adopted son of the king of Egypt - in approximately 1400 B.C.. These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters of the Torah records the history that all nations have in common. These allegorical accounts of the history of the world had been passed down from generation to generation orally for thousands of years. Moses did not really write the first 11 chapters of the Bible. Moses was the first Hebrew to record them.

Approximately 800 years before Moses recorded the allegorical accounts of the history of the world. The Chinese recorded this history as symbols in the Chinese language. They drew pictures to express words or ideas. Simple pictures were combined to make more complex thoughts. They used well known history and common everyday things to make a word so people could easily remember it. The account of Genesis found it's way into the Chinese written language because the Chinese had migrated from the cradle of civilization. Prior to this migration they all shared a common history and religion.

The Bible even explains how it was possible for the Chinese to record the account of Genesis 800 years before Moses recorded it. The account of the Tower of Babel was the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia. This also explains why all ancient cultures have an account of a great flood. Because they all shared a common history and religion before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

So if we start from the belief that the first eleven chapters of the Torah are an allegorical account of world history before the great migration from Mesopotamia - which was an actual historical event - then the first eleven chapters of the Torah takes on new meaning. Seen in this light these accounts should be viewed less like fairy tales and more like how important information was passed down in ancient times. Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations. Interspersed in these allegorical accounts of history are wisdoms that they deemed important enough to pass down and remember. Such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he didn't do wrong. Most people don't even realize this wisdom is in the Torah because they read it critically instead of searching for the wisdom that ancient man knew and found important enough to include in his account of world history.

We have to keep in mind that these accounts are 6,000 years old and were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. Surely ancient man believed these accounts were of the utmost importance otherwise they would not have been passed down for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing. We shouldn't view these accounts using the context of the modern world. Unfortunately, we are so far removed from these events that we have lost all original meaning. If you were to ask almost any Jew what the Tower of Babel was about he would have no clue that it was the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization. That is not intended to be a criticism. It is intended to be an illustration of just how difficult a task it is to discover the original meaning from ancient accounts from 6,000 years ago. We read these texts like they were written yesterday looking for ways to discredit them and make ourselves feel superior rather than seeking the original meaning and wisdom. Shame on us.

bond is drunk on disinformation as a pleasurable way to pass time ...

How can one who is wrong all the time know about information? You're even wrong about what evolution states.

Too many people look at evolution all wrong.
you are one of them ...

no, a tornado does not deliberately aim for the farm house. evolution is processing information from parent to sibling that is reproduced through succeeding generations ... the metaphysical. as proven by the existence of physiology and its inseparable spiritual content.

No, try understanding the context of what you are reading and stop reading it like it was written yesterday.

The first five books of the Bible (known as the Torah) were written by Moses - an adopted son of the king of Egypt - in approximately 1400 B.C.. These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters of the Torah records the history that all nations have in common. These allegorical accounts of the history of the world had been passed down from generation to generation orally for thousands of years. Moses did not really write the first 11 chapters of the Bible. Moses was the first Hebrew to record them.

Approximately 800 years before Moses recorded the allegorical accounts of the history of the world. The Chinese recorded this history as symbols in the Chinese language. They drew pictures to express words or ideas. Simple pictures were combined to make more complex thoughts. They used well known history and common everyday things to make a word so people could easily remember it. The account of Genesis found it's way into the Chinese written language because the Chinese had migrated from the cradle of civilization. Prior to this migration they all shared a common history and religion.

The Bible even explains how it was possible for the Chinese to record the account of Genesis 800 years before Moses recorded it. The account of the Tower of Babel was the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia. This also explains why all ancient cultures have an account of a great flood. Because they all shared a common history and religion before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

So if we start from the belief that the first eleven chapters of the Torah are an allegorical account of world history before the great migration from Mesopotamia - which was an actual historical event - then the first eleven chapters of the Torah takes on new meaning. Seen in this light these accounts should be viewed less like fairy tales and more like how important information was passed down in ancient times. Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations. Interspersed in these allegorical accounts of history are wisdoms that they deemed important enough to pass down and remember. Such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he didn't do wrong. Most people don't even realize this wisdom is in the Torah because they read it critically instead of searching for the wisdom that ancient man knew and found important enough to include in his account of world history.

We have to keep in mind that these accounts are 6,000 years old and were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. Surely ancient man believed these accounts were of the utmost importance otherwise they would not have been passed down for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing. We shouldn't view these accounts using the context of the modern world. Unfortunately, we are so far removed from these events that we have lost all original meaning. If you were to ask almost any Jew what the Tower of Babel was about he would have no clue that it was the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization. That is not intended to be a criticism. It is intended to be an illustration of just how difficult a task it is to discover the original meaning from ancient accounts from 6,000 years ago. We read these texts like they were written yesterday looking for ways to discredit them and make ourselves feel superior rather than seeking the original meaning and wisdom. Shame on us.

:auiqs.jpg:

5007_02.gif
5007_03.gif

Satan?

So, you answer a question that you can not answer, by asking another question. Got it. I used to be married to someone who got away with that for years.

Satan?

So, you answer a question that you can not answer, by asking another question. Got it. I used to be married to someone who got away with that for years.

Satan was Lucifer, the best angel before, but he wanted to be like God. It was his own fault and free will for choosing to become Satan.

You are Vandalshandle, but you can choose to become Vandalshandleburnsinhell.

bond is drunk on disinformation as a pleasurable way to pass time ...

How can one who is wrong all the time know about information? You're even wrong about what evolution states.

Too many people look at evolution all wrong.
you are one of them ...

no, a tornado does not deliberately aim for the farm house. evolution is processing information from parent to sibling that is reproduced through succeeding generations ... the metaphysical. as proven by the existence of physiology and its inseparable spiritual content.
Nope. Space and time have been evolving since day one and will continue to do so. To argue that means tornadoes aim for farmhouses is silly. Biological evolution is one small part of the evolution of energy and matter.

Do you see God’s hand in creation?

Satan?

Satan was Lucifer, the best angel before, but he wanted to be like God. It was his own fault and free will for choosing to become Satan.

Well, I guess that since you are a self appointed spokesman of god, I am doomed. Do you think that I can find another self appointed spokesman for god who will give me a break?

Satan?

I guess that was lost on you. FYI, it’s not God’s fault when any of his creatures fail to do good.

now do you understand?

Satan?

Well, I guess that since you are a self appointed spokesman of god, I am doomed. Do you think that I can find another self appointed spokesman for god who will give me a break?
I won’t judge you. That’s not my job.

:auiqs.jpg:

5007_02.gif
5007_03.gif

When one has truth on his side he argues facts. When one has logic on his side he argues reason. When one has neither, he does what you just did.

I can't approve of JamesBond's ultra-narrow view of religion. He sees Christianity as truer or the only true religion. But he doesn't even examine what it is about Christianity that he likes, that makes it unique.

I think the world needs a wider sensibility that gets beyond superstition and silly unscientific worship of authority. To my mind, religion and morality, even prayer and worship, can also grow from Deist or "natural religion," pagan religions, and any of the monotheistic religions/cults. These are not all the same of course. Atheism too, though objecting to theistic religion, allows for philosophy, tradition, also morality and civic consciousness based in the family, education and society.

Christianity needs to be appreciated for what it is, or could be, from a moral and cultural perspective. It is not enough to call yourself a Christian and emulate a cynical macho "007" view of the world. Anyway, here is an interesting article from the Catholic Magazine The Crisis, asking if "The James Bond Cult" is itself a kind of religion.

Christianity is the only religion with a SAVIOR and who is in fact GOD HIMSELF. Perfection dying for imperfection. All other religions are based on merit --- weighing one's good works against the bad.

I can't approve of JamesBond's ultra-narrow view of religion. He sees Christianity as truer or the only true religion. But he doesn't even examine what it is about Christianity that he likes, that makes it unique.

I think the world needs a wider sensibility that gets beyond superstition and silly unscientific worship of authority. To my mind, religion and morality, even prayer and worship, can also grow from Deist or "natural religion," pagan religions, and any of the monotheistic religions/cults. These are not all the same of course. Atheism too, though objecting to theistic religion, allows for philosophy, tradition, also morality and civic consciousness based in the family, education and society.

Christianity needs to be appreciated for what it is, or could be, from a moral and cultural perspective. It is not enough to call yourself a Christian and emulate a cynical macho "007" view of the world. Anyway, here is an interesting article from the Catholic Magazine The Crisis, asking if "The James Bond Cult" is itself a kind of religion.

Christianity is the only religion with a SAVIOR and who is in fact GOD HIMSELF. Perfection dying for imperfection. All other religions are based on merit --- weighing one's good works against the bad.
Merit based religions are rather common. Christianity is a version of that with an additional “hook” that requiresj belief in the Jesus character.

By implication, Christianity even goes as far as to retroactively punish that part of humanity which has culturally different gods.
Yeah, those losers who came and went before xtianity or all of humanity which existed prior to xtianity are screwed -- it doesn't matter if you knew about Jesus or not because it's pretty straightforward:

John 3:3 - Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:7 - Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

1 Peter 1:23 - Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

John 6:35 - And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 8:12 - Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 9:5 - As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

John 10:7 - Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

And finally:

Mark 16:16 - He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

That was never in dispute. The ancients didn't even cross a sea if they could avoid it, they generally sailed within sight of land. Are you trying to say they had the ships to cross the Atlantic?

Still no explanation of how Sumerians and Egyptians ended up in different places?

Here is one:
" The Pre-Flood home of Noah and his family was in the area of Babylonia which was some 500 miles east from Mount Ararat, in what is today modern Turkey. After the flood they migrated back to their homeland and built cities. God then caused the confusion of languages which caused them to disperse into the world."

These people could sail across the seas. Thus, you are wrong. You have the history and still wrong. Otherwise, you would've been all over me like a rash.

I can give you the details if you want.
Noah had two sons
One was Sumerian and one was Egyptian
While on the ark, he dropped them off at different places

Forum List

Back