Let's Get Something Straight Here

I think he is too.

There is no other explanation for his cowardly, gutless and wimpish behavior! :mad-61:

I say Trey Gowdy for AG.

I knowwwwwww:thup:

But I've heard he already said no to it. :(

He's allowed to change his mind.

What about Judge Napolitano?

I don't know what his prosecution experience is.

Ever watch Forensic Files? My wife was watching one night about a case from SC many years ago. The voice I heard was familiar so I looked up. Trey Gowdy was the prosecutor in that case.

"Gowdy served as clerk for John P. Gardner on the South Carolina Court of Appeals as well as for United States District Court Judge George Ross Anderson, Jr.. He then went into private practice before being selected as a U.S. federal prosecutor in April 1994. Gowdy would later be awarded the Postal Inspector’s Award for the successful prosecution of J. Mark Allen, one of “America’s Most Wanted” suspects.

In February 2000, he left the United States Attorney’s Office to run for 7th Circuit Solicitor. He defeated incumbent Solicitor Holman Gossett in the Republican primary. He ran unopposed in the general election. Gowdy was reelected in 2004 and 2008, both times unopposed. During his tenure, he appeared in two episodes of the television program "Forensic Files," as well as Dateline NBC and SCETV.He prosecuted the full set of criminal cases, including seven death penalty cases.

When the state faced a budget crunch that forced many employees to go on unpaid furloughs, Gowdy funneled part of his campaign account into the solicitor's budget so his staff could keep working."

Trey Gowdy - Wikipedia

I say Trey Gowdy for AG.

I'm pretty sure she is a prosecutor.

If you're talking about Jeanine Pirro you're correct, she was a prosecutor.

I keep hearing pundits and politicians claiming Trump should not say anything to the DOJ about things he thinks they should investigate. They keep claiming the founders established an independent judiciary. Believe it or not they are correct that the founders established an independent judiciary the DOJ is NOT part of the judiciary, they are part of the executive branch. The federal courts are the judiciary. It is quite proper for the president to direct his DOJ, as he alone is charged by the Constitution, in Article 2, to "take care that the laws be faithfully executed". The DOJ is just one organization that was established by congress to allow a president to fulfill that constitutional obligation.

I find it funny these supposedly educated people have no clue who is actually the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in our Constitutional Republic.

Discuss.

...why do you want completely unethical opportunist like Trump controlling what DOJ does?

Duh....:rolleyes:

and who else I would be talking about when I say Judge Jeanine?

I keep hearing pundits and politicians claiming Trump should not say anything to the DOJ about things he thinks they should investigate. They keep claiming the founders established an independent judiciary. Believe it or not they are correct that the founders established an independent judiciary the DOJ is NOT part of the judiciary, they are part of the executive branch. The federal courts are the judiciary. It is quite proper for the president to direct his DOJ, as he alone is charged by the Constitution, in Article 2, to "take care that the laws be faithfully executed". The DOJ is just one organization that was established by congress to allow a president to fulfill that constitutional obligation.

I find it funny these supposedly educated people have no clue who is actually the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in our Constitutional Republic.

Discuss.

...why do you want completely unethical opportunist like Trump controlling what DOJ does?

No the Constitution does, there are other provisions in the Constitution if someone abuses the responsibility.

Duh....:rolleyes:

and who else I would be talking about when I say Judge Jeanine?

If you read the string again, we were talking about Judge Napolitano, you kind of threw me when you said you thought "she" was a prosecutor.

So the RWnuts have decided that Trump should be free to use the Justice Department as an arm of his personal political ambitions?

lol good one.

If Obama can do it, why not Trump?

Who said Obama could do it? I'll bet you didn't.

Did any of you dumbass snowflakes whine when he did it?

I don't know what you're talking about first of all. Second of all, something is either right or wrong no matter who does or doesn't 'whine' about it.

So the RWnuts have decided that Trump should be free to use the Justice Department as an arm of his personal political ambitions?

lol good one.

No they cheered, like when he directed the DOJ to go to Ferguson.

lol good one.

ha, that's supposed to be comparable?

lol good one.

ha, that's supposed to be comparable?

Yep, you never claimed he should stay quiet and let the DOJ do their own thing the way it's going now. It's a simple concept, regardless if you agree with the reason, the president has the authority to direct DOJ activities. The independent judiciary will determine if it was justified or not.

OKTexas, you actually make sense here, but I guarantee the long time civil servants do not believe that Trump, once he has appointed an AG, should have any advice for the AG or the lawyers.

I guess they've forgotten who the boss is. Maybe they should break out their pocket Constitution form time to time.

Exactly!

I'm so sick of that weakling Sessions I can not begin to tell you!:mad-61:

He always recuses himself from everything...WTF???? why did he accept the job?????what's wrong with that idiot?

Has he been compromised too by the Clintons or by Hussein?

This is sickening.
Imagine him recusing himself based on the rules and ethics of the DOJ. Unbelievable.

OKTexas, you actually make sense here, but I guarantee the long time civil servants do not believe that Trump, once he has appointed an AG, should have any advice for the AG or the lawyers.

I guess they've forgotten who the boss is. Maybe they should break out their pocket Constitution form time to time.

Exactly!

He always recuses himself from everything...WTF???? why did he accept the job?????what's wrong with that idiot?

This is sickening.
Imagine him recusing himself based on the rules and ethics of the DOJ. Unbelievable.

If he thought his campaign activities would impair his ability to do his job, he should have rejected the nomination and stayed in the Senate.

Trump is the servant not the boss of the judiciary.

Trump is the servant not the boss of the judiciary.

The DOJ is not part of the judiciary. I know your old and forgetful, but you appeared to agree with that point earlier in the thread.

Exactly!

This is sickening.

If he thought his campaign activities would impair his ability to do his job, he should have rejected the nomination and stayed in the Senate.

I'm not sure why his recusing himself from the Russia investigation is such a big deal. It is being investigated by everyone else and their uncle. What could he provide to the circus that is currently lacking? Give me an example.

Forum List

Back