Let's Get Something Straight Here

I keep hearing pundits and politicians claiming Trump should not say anything to the DOJ about things he thinks they should investigate. They keep claiming the founders established an independent judiciary. Believe it or not they are correct that the founders established an independent judiciary the DOJ is NOT part of the judiciary, they are part of the executive branch. The federal courts are the judiciary. It is quite proper for the president to direct his DOJ, as he alone is charged by the Constitution, in Article 2, to "take care that the laws be faithfully executed". The DOJ is just one organization that was established by congress to allow a president to fulfill that constitutional obligation.

I find it funny these supposedly educated people have no clue who is actually the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in our Constitutional Republic.

Discuss.

Donald Trump can fire anyone he chooses, either personally or by another. We saw that happen in the Saturday Night Massacre (how well did that play out for President Nixon?).

The fact is The Congress is independent of the Executive and have the right to impeach and convict President Trump, and potentially once he is convicted he can be indicted in civil and criminal matters.

Trump is in a state of legal jeopardy, and this week we've seen more dominos fall. Will they fall on their swords, or save themselves. Our they thinking and hoping they be fully pardoned if they remain silent, or risk a felony conviction, not factoring in Trump will only pardon someone when it benefits him.

OKTexas, you actually make sense here, but I guarantee the long time civil servants do not believe that Trump, once he has appointed an AG, should have any advice for the AG or the lawyers.

I guess they've forgotten who the boss is. Maybe they should break out their pocket Constitution form time to time.

Exactly!

I'm so sick of that weakling Sessions I can not begin to tell you!:mad-61:

He always recuses himself from everything...WTF???? why did he accept the job?????what's wrong with that idiot?

Has he been compromised too by the Clintons or by Hussein?

This is sickening.
Imagine him recusing himself based on the rules and ethics of the DOJ. Unbelievable.

If he thought his campaign activities would impair his ability to do his job, he should have rejected the nomination and stayed in the Senate.

I'm not sure why his recusing himself from the Russia investigation is such a big deal. It is being investigated by everyone else and their uncle. What could he provide to the circus that is currently lacking? Give me an example.

First he could present the evidence that Comey outlined in July 2016 to a grand jury. Comey provided prima facie evidence of gross negligence, that's all that is needed to peruse that case. Now there's evidence that the DNC and the bitch conspired to avoid election finance laws with their Victory Fund and laundered some of that money through a lawyer to purchase the dossier, while not reporting the true purpose of those expenses on financial disclosers. And I still have no idea what to make of this uranium one deal. I think Sessions should appoint a special counsel to look at all of it.

I keep hearing pundits and politicians claiming Trump should not say anything to the DOJ about things he thinks they should investigate. They keep claiming the founders established an independent judiciary. Believe it or not they are correct that the founders established an independent judiciary the DOJ is NOT part of the judiciary, they are part of the executive branch. The federal courts are the judiciary. It is quite proper for the president to direct his DOJ, as he alone is charged by the Constitution, in Article 2, to "take care that the laws be faithfully executed". The DOJ is just one organization that was established by congress to allow a president to fulfill that constitutional obligation.

I find it funny these supposedly educated people have no clue who is actually the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in our Constitutional Republic.

Discuss.

Donald Trump can fire anyone he chooses, either personally or by another. We saw that happen in the Saturday Night Massacre (how well did that play out for President Nixon?).

The fact is The Congress is independent of the Executive and have the right to impeach and convict President Trump, and potentially once he is convicted he can be indicted in civil and criminal matters.

Trump is in a state of legal jeopardy, and this week we've seen more dominos fall. Will they fall on their swords, or save themselves. Our they thinking and hoping they be fully pardoned if they remain silent, or risk a felony conviction, not factoring in Trump will only pardon someone when it benefits him.

None of that is on the topic of Trump having the legal and constitutional authority to direct the DOJ to investigate things, when he thinks it's appropriate.

OKTexas, you actually make sense here, but I guarantee the long time civil servants do not believe that Trump, once he has appointed an AG, should have any advice for the AG or the lawyers.

I guess they've forgotten who the boss is. Maybe they should break out their pocket Constitution form time to time.

Trump is the servant not the boss of the judiciary.
The DOJ is not part of the judiciary. I know your old and forgetful, but you appeared to agree with that point earlier in the thread..
And you are middle age and in dementia already. The DOJ is going to resist what Trump wants on the Mueller issue. The federal judiciary are not going to do what Trump wants. You can deflect all you want, and all you get is laughed at. Trump cannot control the process, and he has been warned off he tries.

OKTexas, your scenario of a Comey evidence trail is not going to happen.

Exactly!

He always recuses himself from everything...WTF???? why did he accept the job?????what's wrong with that idiot?

This is sickening.
Imagine him recusing himself based on the rules and ethics of the DOJ. Unbelievable.

If he thought his campaign activities would impair his ability to do his job, he should have rejected the nomination and stayed in the Senate.

I'm not sure why his recusing himself from the Russia investigation is such a big deal. It is being investigated by everyone else and their uncle. What could he provide to the circus that is currently lacking? Give me an example.

First he could present the evidence that Comey outlined in July 2016 to a grand jury. Comey provided prima facie evidence of gross negligence, that's all that is needed to peruse that case. Now there's evidence that the DNC and the bitch conspired to avoid election finance laws with their Victory Fund and laundered some of that money through a lawyer to purchase the dossier, while not reporting the true purpose of those expenses on financial disclosers. And I still have no idea what to make of this uranium one deal. I think Sessions should appoint a special counsel to look at all of it.

Sessions hasn't recused himself from any of that. I thought we were talking about the Russia investigation. Sorry.

Trump is the servant not the boss of the judiciary.
The DOJ is not part of the judiciary. I know your old and forgetful, but you appeared to agree with that point earlier in the thread..
And you are middle age and in dementia already. The DOJ is going to resist what Trump wants on the Mueller issue. The federal judiciary are not going to do what Trump wants. You can deflect all you want, and all you get is laughed at. Trump cannot control the process, and he has been warned off he tries.

I haven't said anything about Mueller in this thread, it's about specific presidential authority, nothing more. It's you folks that keep deflecting. See how I responded in post #83 to a deflection, I stayed on topic.

Who cares what you have said, because what you have said has not been straight stuff. You want Trump to interfere with the DOJ investigation of his campaign and the Russians. If he does, he's a goner. I would like to see Clinton investigated, too, after Trump, because she is the lesser of the evils I have come to believe.

Discuss.

None of that is on the topic of Trump having the legal and constitutional authority to direct the DOJ to investigate things, when he thinks it's appropriate.

He's been calling for HRC to be locked up, don't you find that comment at best unseemly, given no Grand Jury has been impaneled to hear alleged crimes committed by HRC for three decades? Not one investigation found any crime committed; nothing was uncovered which warranted impaneling a Grand Jury.

Last edited:

Discuss.

The far left always forgets this:

Obama Sends Attorney General to Ferguson

Who cares what you have said, because what you have said has not been straight stuff. You want Trump to interfere with the DOJ investigation of his campaign and the Russians. If he does, he's a goner. I would like to see Clinton investigated, too, after Trump, because she is the lesser of the evils I have come to believe.

There ya go, making assumptions. This thread is more directed to what's being said about Trump calling for investigations into the highjinks at the DNC and the uranium one deal.

Discuss.

He's been calling for HRC to be locked up, don't you find that comment at best unseemly, given no Grand Jury has been impaneled to hear alleged crimes committed by HRC for three decades? Not one investigation found any crime committed; nothing was uncovered which warranted impaneling a Grand Jury.

The maobama DOJ wasn't going to do an honest investigation on the bitch, hell they refused to submit the contempt of congress charges on Holder to a grand jury even though the law required it. They enforce the laws that were politically expedient for the maobama regime, nothing more.

Just because the constitution does not spell it out, like with many of our rules and regs etc, it does not mean it is lawful....obstructing justice is not lawful. Every time the president opens his big mouth via tweet etc. commenting on a case, the pres, as chief law enforcer IS influencing a case and is obstructing justice....

As in Bergdahl's light sentence due to Trump calling for a bigger one.... and now the NYC terrorist...he won't get the death penalty cuz of Trump calling for his death sentence....

Trump needs to SHUT UP

And having Mueller removed, would be obstruction of Justice... even though he can fire him according to the constitution...

Exactly!

This is sickening.

Sessions screwed Trump and should be fired! He intentionally hid his plans to recuse himself from Trump, plans he put in motion before he was sworn in. That created this entire witch hunt mess which has hampered Trump for months. He should have declined, why didn't he? He'd dishonest, if he was my employee he'd have been fired already.

While illegals are killing, raping, assaulting thousands of American citizens every GOP establishment candidate in the primary stood on stage and sided with the illegals over the American citizens, its outrageous.

Exactly!

This is sickening.

Sessions screwed Trump and should be fired! He intentionally hid his plans to recuse himself from Trump, plans he put in motion before he was sworn in. That created this entire witch hunt mess which has hampered Trump for months. He should have declined, why didn't he? He'd dishonest, if he was my employee he'd have been fired already.

No he didn't, he said he would do it in his confirmation hearings. Trump should have withdrawn the nomination at that time.

There ya go, making assumptions. This thread is more directed to what's being said about Trump calling for investigations into the highjinks at the DNC and the uranium one deal..
Yet you made the assumption above that if Sessions were a hard charging AG something would come from investigating Clinton. You are clueless.
~~~~
#91 above

It's possible, if we get a hard charging AG.

The boss is the American People. The President is NOT the boss. He is the man chosen by the American People to manage their interests.

There ya go, making assumptions. This thread is more directed to what's being said about Trump calling for investigations into the highjinks at the DNC and the uranium one deal..
Yet you made the assumption above that if Sessions were a hard charging AG something would come from investigating Clinton. You are clueless.
~~~~
#91 above

It's possible, if we get a hard charging AG.

I would like all the facts to presented to a grand jury, what's wrong with that?

Forum List

Back