Let's give Trump his due, but...

Astrostar

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2017
Donald Trump launches vindictive impeachment victory lap - CNNPolitics

Let's say that Trump is correct, that the House of Representatives filing Articles of Impeachment against him was nothing but an evil scam and hoax perpetuated by Democrats (and Mitt Romney) in an effort to overturn the 2016 election. Let's say he is correct. Let's give him that much; really so little for those of us who oppose him to give up.

However, for the remainder of recorded history he exists on the list of Presidents impeached. FOREVER! And, there will be no footnote beside his name saying that his impeachment was an evil scam and hoax perpetuated by Democrats (and Mitt Romney) in an effort to overturn the 2016 election. History WILL NOT say that.

And, despite Article II of the Constitution "says I can do whatever I want," Trump and his cult can't change that, cannot undue that. It is engraved in stone for all future generations, even if he wins another term. He is forever stained, FOREVER! Bigly!!! And that is satisfying!

Let's say that Trump is correct, that the House of Representatives filing Articles of Impeachment against him was nothing but an evil scam and hoax perpetuated by Democrats (and Mitt Romney) in an effort to overturn the 2016 election. Let's say he is correct. Let's give him that much; really so little for those of us who oppose him to give up.

However, for the remainder of recorded history he exists on the list of Presidents impeached. FOREVER! And, there will be no footnote beside his name saying that his impeachment was an evil scam and hoax perpetuated by Democrats (and Mitt Romney) in an effort to overturn the 2016 election. History WILL NOT say that.

And, despite Article II of the Constitution "says I can do whatever I want," Trump and his cult can't change that, cannot undue that. It is engraved in stone for all future generations, even if he wins another term. He is forever stained, FOREVER! Bigly!!! And that is satisfying!
His exoneration sure was great! God bless the great man, Donald J. Trump.

Big deal, and your post proves you are anything but satisfied...trump has beat you again

And, you'll have 5 more years to be able to continue to express your satisfaction!
Coolio.......:11_2_1043:

However, for the remainder of recorded history he exists on the list of Presidents impeached. FOREVER!

And for the rest of history, the trivia question people will stumble over will be.....

Who was the corrupt old sot that Donald Trump defeated to become President?

Also, who were the 5 Supreme Court justices he placed on the court?

However, for the remainder of recorded history he exists on the list of Presidents impeached. FOREVER! And, there will be no footnote beside his name saying that his impeachment was an evil scam and hoax perpetuated by Democrats

Sure there will. There is a note next to every article on Johnson saying that while yes, he broke a law firing someone, that it was both a stupid law and the guy fired was a total bastard. And there is a note next to Clinton's name saying he was abusing his authority over a helpless little volunteer intern, not even paid, and the scumbag lied to a grand jury and suborned perjury from others trying to cover it up.

And next to Trump's name will be that he was the first president impeached in history for not even breaking a law or committing a crime, during a booming economy, totally the work of the opposing party who vowed to rid him as an opponent for 3 years prior, and they railroaded it through the House on one subjective charge, and the other just for exercising his rights to a defense, so they could go out on Christmas break thinking they could manipulate the Senate too and dump it in their laps and was summarily thrown out. Then went on to a 2nd term even more successful and popular than the first, and forever changing the laws of impeachment to assure, no boondoggle like this could ever again be foisted upon the American people.

Big deal, and your post proves you are anything but satisfied...trump has beat you again
Why don't you try telling that to Trump. Don 't think he won't obsess over the fact that his legacy is forever tarnished. And, he will spend the rest of his life railing against the fact of his impeachment, for which there will be no footnote to history. The stain is permanent.

And, since he has never sinned, his life may also last forever, so he has plenty of time to whine and try to change history.

However, for the remainder of recorded history he exists on the list of Presidents impeached. FOREVER! And, there will be no footnote beside his name saying that his impeachment was an evil scam and hoax perpetuated by Democrats

Au contraire, it was the first totally partisan impeachment, driven only by the Democrats. The asterix will be quite large.

And yes, there will be a footnote. After all, the winners write the histories, and in the end you're going to lose badly.

Last edited:

Why don't you try telling that to Trump. Don 't think he won't obsess over the fact that his legacy is forever tarnished. And, he will spend the rest of his life railing against the fact of his impeachment, for which there will be no footnote to history. The stain is permanent.

And, since he has never sinned, his life may also last forever, so he has plenty of time to whine and try to change history.
It's wonderful to observe your love of our great president. Thanks for showing this.

Voters are finally seeing how nasty and desperate democrats are. I’m seeing an easy win for Trump in November.

Except that, when anyone looks beyond "list of impeached President", they will see that this was a coup attempt and that the dems were traitorous scum.

Polling seems to indicate that that is the way voters are seeing it. And Trump wants to be re-elected.

That will have real world impact on EVERYTHING.

It's not really over yet ya know. That footnote could very well include the fact that the instigators were charged, arrested, tried, convicted and imprisoned.
It ain't really over till it's over. You might want to wait till say 2025 before shooting your mouth off further. It just might save you some face.

He was impeached just like OJ was acquitted.

His exoneration sure was great! God bless the great man, Donald J. Trump.
Over and over and over. SOS... different thread.

serveimage

You are lucky you can look at it that way. You and the rest of the Libs got your shit handed to you with this impeachment crap, but at least you’re dumb enough to find a sliver of silver in a catastrophe. Good for you sport.

It's not really over yet ya know. That footnote could very well include the fact that the instigators were charged, arrested, tried, convicted and imprisoned.
It ain't really over till it's over. You might want to wait till say 2025 before shooting your mouth off further. It just might save you some face.

That part is sure to be included. Trump acting like a third world dictator and wanting to imprison his opponents is one of the main things that connects his presidency to every third world dictator, and a defining part of Trumps cabal.

Is it Weird that you all have to continually lie about what he says to make any point?

It's obvious you are the one that is upset at how this turned out

That part is sure to be included. Trump acting like a third world dictator and wanting to imprison his opponents is one of the main things that connects his presidency to every third world dictator, and a defining part of Trumps cabal.

We have a comedian folks

Forum List

Back