Let's raise the minimum wage! It's good for business, it's good for America!

How do you feel about your Congressperson voting in favor of the minimum wage?

• Total voters
A fast-food manager is talking to his crew, six or seven people standing around him with brooms, spatulas etc.

He says:

"I have good news, and I have bad news.

"The good news is, the new Minimum Wage law says I have to pay you more.

"The bad news is, I can't afford that, so two of you are fired."

A fast-food manager is talking to his crew, six or seven people standing around him with brooms, spatulas etc.

He says:

The lie being, 'I can't afford that.'

Yet another dreamy-eyed liberal fanatic who assumes that employers, or their customers, have money trees and can just cough up more money any time the liberal fanatics think they should.

:rolleyes-41:

Yet another dreamy-eyed liberal fanatic who assumes that employers, or their customers, have money trees and can just cough up more money any time the liberal fanatics think they should.

I know how much money they make.

He says:

He says:

What lie is that? How do you know what anybody can afford?

Did you know that most small businesses fail within a certain amount of time? The first year or so, you lose money--hopefully to recoup that money the following year or two? You think we should make that even more likely with more government?

Here is what the owner of Subway Sandwich's said in an interview:

You're meeting with young entrepreneurs this evening. What's your impression of the climate for startups in 2013? Do think you could have started Subway today?

Well, if I had the same knowledge and resources I had back then, I don't think I would have been able to get through the maze that we have today. As a seventeen year old--a seventeen year-old with very little money--I would have been blocked. I'm pretty confident that the lag time to get open, the amount of costs to meet regulations, the rent I would have had to pay while I was burning up time...those things would have put me out of business.

Subway's Fred DeLuca: Nail the Basics, Then Expand

This has been a hot button issue this campaign season, with the Democrat morons salivating at the mouth at the votes they hope to buy with promises of a minimum wage increase. Is there actually support among the people for this, though?

As to your sig, the Federal minimum wage is a clear violation of the 10th amendment, so WTF are you proposing this for?

So what's your proposal? How much do you think someone should be worth an hour to be allowed by the Federal Government to have a job?

If we do this, we need to immediately give everyone else a substantial raise as well.
The people who get screwed when a sudden high minimum wage is enacted, are people who have been in the workforce for years and who earn $20-$30 an hour.
If they do not also receive a large raise, inflation will have a big impact.
Of course if you do this, you'll be right back where you started.

Let's cut through the crap here and be honest. Burger flippers and many other no-skill low-skill entry jobs are NOT worth $15 bucks an hour !

These jobs were NEVER intended to be so-called "living wage" jobs.
The idea here is to enter the workforce, at a lower wage, then through your own choices, and hard work, you work your way up to jobs that pay more.
Let's be honest. If the only jobs these people can get is burger flippers is your argument that they don't deserve to be paid enough to afford rent and utilities?

Why would the only job a person could have is a burger flipper job? There are plenty of better paying jobs out there. You just have to put some effort into it.

He says:

He says:

Did you know that most small businesses fail within a certain amount of time? The first year or so, you lose money--hopefully to recoup that money the following year or two? You think we should make that even more likely with more government?

You're meeting with young entrepreneurs this evening. What's your impression of the climate for startups in 2013? Do think you could have started Subway today?

Well, if I had the same knowledge and resources I had back then, I don't think I would have been able to get through the maze that we have today. As a seventeen year old--a seventeen year-old with very little money--I would have been blocked. I'm pretty confident that the lag time to get open, the amount of costs to meet regulations, the rent I would have had to pay while I was burning up time...those things would have put me out of business.

And in innercities, they can't afford even $7.25 an hour, which is why unemployment for teenagers is 50%. Now that's a national crisis, who needs a job to start life on the right foot more?

Raising the minimum wage is not the issue the issue is how much should it be raised. I don't object to bumping the minimum wage up some but don't support doubling it to $15.00 an hour.

There was a time when people bumped up their own wages without government. Why should government bump up anything? If you want a bump up, do it yourself.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

He says:

He says:

And in innercities, they can't afford even $7.25 an hour, which is why unemployment for teenagers is 50%. Now that's a national crisis, who needs a job to start life on the right foot more?

Then people will cry about automation taking those low paying jobs as if it weren't happening already.

When you force an expense on an employer, that employer has to take action needed to recoup that loss. It could be making employees pay more towards their healthcare plan, it could be increasing the price of your product, it could be cutting down on your workforce, it could be moving the jobs out of the country. But whatever it is, a business owner does what he or she has to do to stay alive.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Raising the minimum wage is not the issue the issue is how much should it be raised. I don't object to bumping the minimum wage up some but don't support doubling it to $15.00 an hour.

There was a time when people bumped up their own wages without government. Why should government bump up anything? If you want a bump up, do it yourself.

Don't you like people like blackhawk who so freely are willing to decide what other people should spend on their employees and at what rate people who want to work will be denied jobs?

He says:

He says:

Then people will cry about automation taking those low paying jobs as if it weren't happening already.

When you force an expense on an employer, that employer has to take action needed to recoup that loss. It could be making employees pay more towards their healthcare plan, it could be increasing the price of your product, it could be cutting down on your workforce, it could be moving the jobs out of the country. But whatever it is, a business owner does what he or she has to do to stay alive.

I'm sure the left will have that covered. When you automate, the problem is you are greedy. They'll work racism in there somewhere too. They're a one trick pony

If we do this, we need to immediately give everyone else a substantial raise as well.
The people who get screwed when a sudden high minimum wage is enacted, are people who have been in the workforce for years and who earn $20-$30 an hour.
If they do not also receive a large raise, inflation will have a big impact.
Of course if you do this, you'll be right back where you started.

Let's cut through the crap here and be honest. Burger flippers and many other no-skill low-skill entry jobs are NOT worth $15 bucks an hour !

These jobs were NEVER intended to be so-called "living wage" jobs.
The idea here is to enter the workforce, at a lower wage, then through your own choices, and hard work, you work your way up to jobs that pay more.
Let's be honest. If the only jobs these people can get is burger flippers is your argument that they don't deserve to be paid enough to afford rent and utilities?

Why would the only job a person could have is a burger flipper job? There are plenty of better paying jobs out there. You just have to put some effort into it.

Democrats ran them away

Don't you like people like blackhawk who so freely are willing to decide what other people should spend on their employees and at what rate people who want to work will be denied jobs?
In July it will it will be seven years since the federal minimum wage was raised so forgive if I don't think a bump up is a national disaster.

In July it will it will be seven years since the federal minimum wage was raised so forgive if I don't think a bump up is a national disaster.

What does that have to do with what I said? But as to what you said, the people who do get fired are acceptable losses to benefit the people who were going to get the raises anyway?

How many people not losing their jobs over the wage requirements you're willing to dictate to them are acceptable you you?

If the wages of working people not making minimum wage not be adjusted to the cost of living, why should minimum wage?

Low wage workers already have a provision to increase their earnings without having employers raise wages.

It's called the EITC. Married filing jointly, one kid, income up to 44k and you still get back everything you paid in plus some more.

Low wage workers are subsidized by tax payers so low wage employers can keep their payroll down.

What a fucking deal eh?

Forum List

Back