Let's say Trump gets the nomination...

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
So let's say this happens, and he has to start scouting around for a VP.

And let's say he contacts one of the more obvious potential choices, like Marco Rubio.

Does Rubio risk his political reputation if he agrees to run with the Donald?

Isn't that going to be a consideration of anyone in the GOP who would be asked?

With the American electorate:

Trump has a 75% strong negativity
Trump has a 12% strong support

Either that changes dramatically, or Trump does not get the nomination.

And let's say he contacts one of the more obvious potential choices, like Marco Rubio.

If Trump were to get the nomination, then go against Hillary, he would win by a landslide. So it isn't a huge risk for someone like Rubio.

He can not pick from the people he has called stupid idiots. That would be hard to explain and dumb. Trump isn't that dumb, is he?

I hope he picks Walker, and makes Cruz AG.

Cruz would prosecute democrook scum.

IF Trump would vow to prosecute Holder and Obama to the fullest extent of the law for their myriad crimes, I would happily support him.

Throw Hillary in there too. Returning us to a nation where laws covered everyone would be a radical change. Our rulers depend on complete immunity from laws that cover the commoners. I would love to see these arrogant crooks frog marched for their parade of felonies.

He can not pick from the people he has called stupid idiots. That would be hard to explain and dumb. Trump isn't that dumb, is he?

How about some nice interstate extortion charges against Obama for his Mafia style Operation Chokepoint, where administration thugs attacked financial institutions suspected of no wrong doing to force them not to deal with legal businesses the corrupt administration targeted.

Put the little fucker in prison for 30 years for that one - just as if he were a commoner.

Go for it, Marco!!
:thup:
If elected, Trump would fuck up so astronomically Rubio gets the Oval Office
:clap2:

I think any of the current candidates would not want to be associated with a Trump failed run at the office.
And all of them realize that Trump would ignore them anyway.

Maybe he can think outside the box and go for David Duke?

I think any of the current candidates would not want to be associated with a Trump failed run at the office.
And all of them realize that Trump would ignore them anyway.

Maybe he can think outside the box and go for David Duke?

If he gets the nomination, it isn't a failed run.

Now, I don't think Trump will get the nomination, but by definition, if he does it is a successful run.

And let's face it, whoever gets the GOP nomination is the next president.

If Trump were to win the nomination, which I think is unlikely, he would be wise to pick Ben Carson as his running mate. Sure, the conventional wisdom is to choose someone with experience, but Trump is riding a wave of anti-politician populism. What can the Democrats say?

They elected a half term Senator.

"risk" his political "reputation"?
LMAO...Trump would want someone who isn't soft on immigration, first of all, so rubio is out....but sure...I suppose rubio is so high principaled that he would no doubt turn down the vice presidency in order to "protect" his "reputation"...

comical!

Forum List

Back