Let's Talk.........I mean REALLY Talk.......

I see an increase in the concentration of wealth and power in the upper class. I see lower wages and fewer benefits for working Americans. I see fewer public services and less investment in public infrastructure as we have slashed our tax rates

I see corporations who are exempt from taxes and wield global influence. I see a political system that is no longer functional and is dictated by the super wealthy and the media

I see waste and malfeasance with our tax dollars.
For example 100 billion a year is collected in various taxes and fees that are supposed to be earmarked for infrastructure upkeep

tell me where the fuck does all that money go?

There is waste and malfeasance in any government. I would guess our government is one of the least wasteful and corrupt
By world standards you are correct. Even by first world standards, we are in the top ten for good government. But we must always strive to be better.
We have a free press and a legal system that keeps our government in check...beyond that we have a vote

Been working for hundreds of years
you think our government is in check?

Wow

What is it that you want to do but can't anymore?
Buy an insurance policy that doesn't make me pay for all kinds of shit I don't need

So when you do get sick = the hospital has to pay the full cost of your freaking illness. It is called responsibility.
I don't think I'll ever need OB GYN services or coverage for children since I am not a woman and do not have kids
I don't need drug and alcohol counseling and rehab coverage as I am not a junkie or a drunk but I have to pay for all these

So you think we should have different insurance rates for men and women? Men can't get pregnant

How bout old people? They use more healthcare than anyone, why should you pay?
People should pay for the coverage they need.

why is that so hard to understand?

do it a la carte you need this you pay for it
you don't need that you don't pay for it

You don't make everyone pay for everything

Tell me when I go to the supermarket should I be forced to buy Tampons because women buy them ?

I see an increase in the concentration of wealth and power in the upper class. I see lower wages and fewer benefits for working Americans. I see fewer public services and less investment in public infrastructure as we have slashed our tax rates

I see corporations who are exempt from taxes and wield global influence. I see a political system that is no longer functional and is dictated by the super wealthy and the media

For example 100 billion a year is collected in various taxes and fees that are supposed to be earmarked for infrastructure upkeep

There is waste and malfeasance in any government. I would guess our government is one of the least wasteful and corrupt
By world standards you are correct. Even by first world standards, we are in the top ten for good government. But we must always strive to be better.
We have a free press and a legal system that keeps our government in check...beyond that we have a vote

Wow

When they are not, there is a correction

How many politicians have been prosecuted, how many voted out of office?

Wow

When they are not, there is a correction

How many politicians have been prosecuted, how many voted out of office?

a far less percentage than the hio polloi faced with similar charges

What is it that you want to do but can't anymore?
Buy an insurance policy that doesn't make me pay for all kinds of shit I don't need

So when you do get sick = the hospital has to pay the full cost of your freaking illness. It is called responsibility.
I don't think I'll ever need OB GYN services or coverage for children since I am not a woman and do not have kids
I don't need drug and alcohol counseling and rehab coverage as I am not a junkie or a drunk but I have to pay for all these

So you think we should have different insurance rates for men and women? Men can't get pregnant

Tell me when I go to the supermarket should I be forced to buy Tampons because women buy them ?

That is not how insurance works. You need big pools with people of all demographics. Some pay more than they need, others use more than they pay

That is not how insurance works. You need big pools with people of all demographics. Some pay more than they need, others use more than they pay

But they don't all have to pay for the same things to be in the pool

But they don't all have to pay for the same things to be in the pool
How much do you have to pay to be in an old people pool?

How I really feel is what I consistently express: Our culture is in crisis due to a lack of values and an ignorance of history (as well as a large array of ignorance across the board). Individual Liberty is not an accidental phenomenon. The values, institutions, and, importantly, Civil Society upon which the United States developed a Freedom Protecting system are completely undermined by Big Government and Progressive Education.

So, I am just riding the decline. I think Western Civ, and hence Freedom in the Modern World, have peaked. Absent some existential crisis, we're done. And even if we have an existential crisis, the poor quality of our human capital will likely lead to a completely totalitarian result.

Horseshit.

First, we need to get off this worship of the Founding Slave Rapists as anything special. They are a bunch of rich jerks who didn't want to pay their fair share in taxes.

Secondly, the progressive movement you bemoan gave us a middle class. It allows people to live to ripe old ages, something they didn't do in oldy days you pine for.

You are proof that the the Idiocracy Program is working as planned.

the only thing I regret is voting for Republicans for a quarter century until I realized they were the ones screwing the working class schlubs like me.

Beyond that, I just don't get worked up about the Founding Slave Rapists. They saved us from the horror of being... gasp... Canadians!!!!

Sorry, man, just can't worked up about being saved from being a Canadian. I hear their health care is much nicer than ours.

How I really feel is what I consistently express: Our culture is in crisis due to a lack of values and an ignorance of history (as well as a large array of ignorance across the board). Individual Liberty is not an accidental phenomenon. The values, institutions, and, importantly, Civil Society upon which the United States developed a Freedom Protecting system are completely undermined by Big Government and Progressive Education.

So, I am just riding the decline. I think Western Civ, and hence Freedom in the Modern World, have peaked. Absent some existential crisis, we're done. And even if we have an existential crisis, the poor quality of our human capital will likely lead to a completely totalitarian result.

Horseshit.

First, we need to get off this worship of the Founding Slave Rapists as anything special. They are a bunch of rich jerks who didn't want to pay their fair share in taxes.

Secondly, the progressive movement you bemoan gave us a middle class. It allows people to live to ripe old ages, something they didn't do in oldy days you pine for.

I believe the Trump candidacy is all the proof of idiocracy you need

AR-151119734.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Last edited:

Horseshit.

Obama begat Trump, bub.

Horseshit.

Obama begat Trump, bub.
Sadly, he did

He drove the Conservatives into such a frenzy of hate

Yep.....the DHS has purchased 30,000 guillotines....you can find the purchase order of these easily.....
I hope you're just fucking with the conspiracy theorist nutjobs....which is fine by me. :)

U.S. Government Purchases 30,000 Guillotines

Bill Pawelec, ex-CIA, verified that guillotines were being stored on several military bases. A.C. Griffith, ex-NSA, said the same thing numerous times on talk shows...he has since died as has Pawelec. I believe that there is no question that the story is true.

Horseshit.

Obama begat Trump, bub.
Sadly, he did

He drove the Conservatives into such a frenzy of hate

Wanting the border secured = Hate? Seriously?

leave your partisan bullshit at the door.....forget the left versus right paradigm. I want to know how you really feel about the direction of this country in the last 36 years and how you feel it has gotten better, gotten worse. Leave your political affiliations at the door explain what you see is happening and why.........most of us remember the Nixon and Carter days. We have seen the change.........

My personal believe is that we are in serious trouble and I am talking about the kind of trouble that will make the orchestrated crash of 1929 seem tame by comparison....wanna talk me off the ledge? Please do so.....
When I was little kid, I can remember my grandfather in the late 40's proclaiming the pending financial downfall of the the country's due to 250 billion dollar war debt. Well, that debt has grown to about 19 trillion dollars over the last 65 years and during that time life has been pretty good to most Americans compared to previous 65 years.

As headlines often remind us, each U.S. citizen owes a share of our currently $19 trillion public debt. But Americans also own approximately $12 trillion of that debt – as participants in Social Security, insurance policyholders, participants in pension funds, stockholders, or, more directly, by virtue of having purchased Treasury notes. “Treasuries” are very secure, and those not owned by Americans are held by foreign banks and governments that are glad for the chance to lend money, securely, to the United States.

The size of national debt in itself is no real importance. What is important is that holders of that debt have faith that the United States will make good on it's promise to pay them back with interest. So as long as people have faith in the US government, we will continue to sell new debt to pay off old. There is really no limit to how high the debt can rise, as long as creditors trust the US to make good on it's promises.

I think there are an awfully lot of things to worry about that more important than the size of the US debt.
Why There is Nothing Scary about the U.S. National Debt | Scholars Strategy Network

How much % of the budget goes to pay interest on the National Debt? I think "scary" is the wrong word. I think we miss a lot of opportunities to embetter the citizen's lives because of the debt.
6% of the US Budget goes to pay interest on the debt

It may sound scary but issuing US debt is not only necessary but is a good thing because it gives us a way to pay for things we need when we need them. For example, when a major recession hits, issuing debt allows the government to help millions of people and to stimulate the economy. When the country is threaten with national disasters or threats from abroad, the government can respond.

The United States suffers from obvious deficiencies in roads, rails, water systems and more; meanwhile, the federal government can borrow at historically low interest rates. So this is a very good time to be borrowing and investing in the future, and a very bad time for what has actually happened, an unprecedented decline in public construction.

AR-151119734.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667
If the Republicans were running Trump and the Democrats were running Truman or JFK, I'd agree, but since both parties are running the most loathsome candidates I've ever seen in 60 years, I think you are being biased. The idiocy is clear among both parties.

My advice, vote third party. Send a message. Vote Libertarian.

Bill Pawelec, ex-CIA, verified that guillotines were being stored on several military bases. A.C. Griffith, ex-NSA, said the same thing numerous times on talk shows...he has since died as has Pawelec. I believe that there is no question that the story is true.

Don't worry, buddy. A guillotine isn't a threat to you, youlost your head years ago.

Yep.....the DHS has purchased 30,000 guillotines....you can find the purchase order of these easily.....
I hope you're just fucking with the conspiracy theorist nutjobs....which is fine by me. :)

U.S. Government Purchases 30,000 Guillotines

Then I submit that Bill is either a fucking loon or he's fucking with the stupid people in America.

Let's run with this silly idea for a few minutes. Why buy and use something so horrific to Americans when the Chinese way is not only cheaper, but closer to American ideals? What's the logic behind this truly stupid conspiracy theory?

execution.png

Forum List

Back