Liberals are just disgusting~!

A lot of big assumptions in the OP. Like the "people" who dared to make a suggestion that the money go to charity are "disgusting" Liberals.

Nice labeling...............................

I won over $800 in a 50/50 drawing at our small-town county fair.

Wife and I went home, made a list of local churches and charities, kept $30 to go have dinner, and gave the rest away.
Big chunk went to the high school sports department that sponsored the raffle.

Ain't no thang. I sure could have used it all but there were plenty of folks with bigger needs.

I never win anything....BUT IF I EVER DO :) I would have to donate some of it at least!! The woman that won that St Jude's give away may have even "seems" well to do (I guess Sunshine would know...), but I've seen people that seem, or act, well to do. They have the best of everything....and they're in debt up to their ears! I always feel much better when I see someone I know needs it actually win. But I've learned to not always believe everything I see in a person.

The St. Jude Dream House giveaway was yesterday. It seems a fairly well to do person won it. As of last night, people were responding to the announcement that he should donate the proceeds of the house all to St. Jude. Jesus H. Christ. Liberals even want to tell people what to do with their winnings in a charity raffle. The posts have been removed, but the talk on Paducah Topix has started up. It isn't up to the donating back part yet, but will be soon, they did the same shit last year.

I, too, bought a ticket both this year and last. That was a $100 not tax deductible to St. Jude's both years. They raised $500,000 last year and $700,000 this year. I had to retire early due to my health, and if I ever win it, I won't feel obligated to donate once cent of my winnings to anyone.

Liberals are just disgusting. What's theirs is theirs and what's ours is theirs! I would bet at least the cyber dollar hat none of the critics even purchased a ticket.

I'm a liberal!

I didn't tell him what to do with his raffle money.

I won over $800 in a 50/50 drawing at our small-town county fair.

Wife and I went home, made a list of local churches and charities, kept $30 to go have dinner, and gave the rest away.
Big chunk went to the high school sports department that sponsored the raffle.

Ain't no thang. I sure could have used it all but there were plenty of folks with bigger needs.

I never win anything....BUT IF I EVER DO :) I would have to donate some of it at least!! The woman that won that St Jude's give away may have even "seems" well to do (I guess Sunshine would know...), but I've seen people that seem, or act, well to do. They have the best of everything....and they're in debt up to their ears! I always feel much better when I see someone I know needs it actually win. But I've learned to not always believe everything I see in a person.

Well here's a flash. Poor people are not going to line up to buy tickets at $100 a pop. Everybody who buys a $100 ticket is going to be able to buy a $100 ticket. So, likely all the winners will be doing OK. They don't have to split their winnings with anyone but the IRS.

Actually, I have won several things. I have won enough things that I sometimes think I should play these things more often than I do. I give my schools more than $100 a year, so I figure I can buy a St. Jude dream house ticket.

The St. Jude Dream House giveaway was yesterday. It seems a fairly well to do person won it. As of last night, people were responding to the announcement that he should donate the proceeds of the house all to St. Jude. Jesus H. Christ. Liberals even want to tell people what to do with their winnings in a charity raffle. The posts have been removed, but the talk on Paducah Topix has started up. It isn't up to the donating back part yet, but will be soon, they did the same shit last year.

I, too, bought a ticket both this year and last. That was a $100 not tax deductible to St. Jude's both years. They raised $500,000 last year and $700,000 this year. I had to retire early due to my health, and if I ever win it, I won't feel obligated to donate once cent of my winnings to anyone.

Liberals are just disgusting. What's theirs is theirs and what's ours is theirs! I would bet at least the cyber dollar hat none of the critics even purchased a ticket.

Depending on how wealthy he is, suggesting that a wealthy person donate the winning of a charity event is certainly not uncommon and there's nothing wrong with such a suggestion depending on how that suggestion was made.

A link might be appropriate.

You must have flunked first grade. I said the posts had been taken down. But the Paducah Topix forum is starting up, if it isn't there, it will be. It was last year.

Wow, you are just so full of......

Sunshine.

Aren't you?

Depending on how wealthy he is, suggesting that a wealthy person donate the winning of a charity event is certainly not uncommon and there's nothing wrong with such a suggestion depending on how that suggestion was made.

You must have flunked first grade. I said the posts had been taken down. But the Paducah Topix forum is starting up, if it isn't there, it will be. It was last year.

How convenient.

If I won anything even the Powerball not a single charity that benefits human beings would get a cent. I'd burn it first.

I would donate to no kill animal shelters

Not a good idea.

No kill shelters are basically warehouses that do more harm than good. Makes more sense to subsidize spay/neuter. If you doubt that, just look at what it costs to warehouse adoptable animals and how many spays that $ would pay for.

(Katzen, you just sound more and more pathetic and, well .. nuts.)

How convenient.

Paducah Topix forum is still there. And the bleating from last year is still on it.

If I won anything even the Powerball not a single charity that benefits human beings would get a cent. I'd burn it first.

I would donate to no kill animal shelters

Not a good idea.

No kill shelters are basically warehouses that do more harm than good. Makes more sense to subsidize spay/neuter. If you doubt that, just look at what it costs to warehouse adoptable animals and how many spays that $ would pay for.

(Katzen, you just sound more and more pathetic and, well .. nuts.)
All the no-kill shelters around here include spay/neuter with adoption. I really can't imagine ANY no-kill shelter adopting out animals without a spay/neuter requirement.

But if all you're doing is spaying and neutering, what are you going to do with the animals you've fixed?

If I ever won a huge chunk of money...80% would go to the ASPCA and other animal rescues.....10% would go to Hearst Breast Cancer Foundation for helping me as much as they did..which was A LOT. The other 10% would go on a small cottage house on acreage for myself.

So there is no real creditable information as to who sad what, just forum chatter.

Forum List

Back