Liberals are just disgusting~!

I won over $800 in a 50/50 drawing at our small-town county fair.

Wife and I went home, made a list of local churches and charities, kept $30 to go have dinner, and gave the rest away.
Big chunk went to the high school sports department that sponsored the raffle.

Ain't no thang. I sure could have used it all but there were plenty of folks with bigger needs.

I never win anything....BUT IF I EVER DO :) I would have to donate some of it at least!! The woman that won that St Jude's give away may have even "seems" well to do (I guess Sunshine would know...), but I've seen people that seem, or act, well to do. They have the best of everything....and they're in debt up to their ears! I always feel much better when I see someone I know needs it actually win. But I've learned to not always believe everything I see in a person.

Well here's a flash. Poor people are not going to line up to buy tickets at $100 a pop. Everybody who buys a $100 ticket is going to be able to buy a $100 ticket. So, likely all the winners will be doing OK. They don't have to split their winnings with anyone but the IRS.

Well...if you get 4 poor people to buy a ticket.... :) But ya, it would be hard for me to be able to spend $100 on a ticket!

I never win anything....BUT IF I EVER DO :) I would have to donate some of it at least!! The woman that won that St Jude's give away may have even "seems" well to do (I guess Sunshine would know...), but I've seen people that seem, or act, well to do. They have the best of everything....and they're in debt up to their ears! I always feel much better when I see someone I know needs it actually win. But I've learned to not always believe everything I see in a person.

Well here's a flash. Poor people are not going to line up to buy tickets at $100 a pop. Everybody who buys a $100 ticket is going to be able to buy a $100 ticket. So, likely all the winners will be doing OK. They don't have to split their winnings with anyone but the IRS.

Well...if you get 4 poor people to buy a ticket.... :) But ya, it would be hard for me to be able to spend $100 on a ticket!

And before they can take possession of the $350,000 house, they have to pay the income taxes up front. That's the rule. If you can't pay tax on $350K which does not come to you as cash, it would be stupid to buy a ticket. And the rules make it clear that is how it goes.

Being on a medicine that costs $100K/year I would definitely not give it away, but I wouldn't run out and spend it either. If you go to Vegas and win that much do you feel obligated to give it to the poor? I don't. There's no difference. You bought a ticket from a charity for something they did not pay for.

The only places I have donated to over the years have been my schools. I even have it in my Will that if my children and grandchild and nephew predecease me, my entire estate goes equally divided to those schools.

Last edited:
Again, how does the OP know they’re ‘liberals’?

She (they) lied about that part.

That's how we know they're rw's.

How do you know she lied? Gut-eating envy of those more well-off than they are is a hallmark of liberals.

^^^^^^^^quoted for truth^^^^^^^^^^^

I think things like the Wealth Channel on TV makes them worse. One would think it would motivate people, but it doesn't motivate these loser libs. It just makes them more covetous.

If you are poor, why do you waste your time on a message board? Why aren't you out there working and bettering yourself?

If I ever won a huge chunk of money...80% would go to the ASPCA and other animal rescues.....10% would go to Hearst Breast Cancer Foundation for helping me as much as they did..which was A LOT. The other 10% would go on a small cottage house on acreage for myself.

I suggest you tuck at least a small portion away for mental health maintenance/treatment. Perhaps a lifelong membership to a local and trusted funny farm for future vacation needs....

It would be fun to win a lot of money....I have a pretty good sized family so that's where a lot of it would go. But I would dedicate at least a portion of it to charity. But charities of my own choosing..and I would choose them carefully, and employ a lot of input from people I trust in order to decide and facilitate (namely, my beloved brother in law, sister, and perhaps my pastor).

Jesus would have suggested the same to the winner also.

That is not what Jesus taught about money:

In the parable of the talents the benefactor rewards the one who has invested wisely and increased the amount initially given him, and he takes away from the one who did not invest and increase what he had bestowed upon him. Seriously Jesus was NOT a liberal regarding money.

Matthew 25:14-30

English Standard Version (ESV)

The Parable of the Talents

14 “For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants[a] and entrusted to them his property. 15 To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. 16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. 17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. 18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money. 19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.[c] You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here I have made two talents more.’ 23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.’ 26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

He DID however have something to say about envy:

The Parable of the Lost Son

11 Then He said: “A certain man had two sons. 12 And the younger of them said to his father, ‘Father, give me the portion of goods that falls to me.’ So he divided to them his livelihood. 13 And not many days after, the younger son gathered all together, journeyed to a far country, and there wasted his possessions with prodigal living. 14 But when he had spent all, there arose a severe famine in that land, and he began to be in want. 15 Then he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country, and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. 16 And he would gladly have filled his stomach with the pods that the swine ate, and no one gave him anything.

17 “But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! 18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you, 19 and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants.”’

20 “And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. 21 And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. 23 And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; 24 for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry.

25 “Now his older son was in the field. And as he came and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 So he called one of the servants and asked what these things meant. 27 And he said to him, ‘Your brother has come, and because he has received him safe and sound, your father has killed the fatted calf.’

28 “But he was angry and would not go in. Therefore his father came out and pleaded with him. 29 So he answered and said to his father, ‘Lo, these many years I have been serving you; I never transgressed your commandment at any time; and yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might make merry with my friends. 30 But as soon as this son of yours came, who has devoured your livelihood with harlots, you killed the fatted calf for him.’

31 “And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours. 32 It was right that we should make merry and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found.’”

It was actually Judas who criticized a woman for anointing Jesus' feet with expensive perfume. You critics are just little Judases:

Anointing at Bethany

John 12:1-8

Six days before the Passover Jesus came to Bethany, the home of Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead. There they gave a dinner for him. Martha served, and Lazarus was one of those at the table with him. Mary took a pound of costly perfume made of pure nard, anointed Jesus' feet, and wiped them with her hair. The house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume. But Judas Iscariot, one of his disciples (the one who was about to betray him), said, "Why was this perfume not sold for three hundred denarii and the money given to the poor?" (He said this not because he cared about the poor, but because he was a thief; he kept the common purse and used to steal what was put into it.) Jesus said, "Leave her alone. She bought it so that she might keep it for the day of my burial. You always have the poor with you, but you do not always have me."

In fact, Jesus actually promised to INCREASE the wealth of those who gave away their wealth and followed him far and above what they gave away. Some of you all need to go to Sunday School. Maybe that is why so many charitable Christians are wealthy!

The Rich Young Man

(Mark 10:17-31; Luke 18:18-30)

16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

27Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? 28And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. 30But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

Last edited:
Seriously, you all don't even need to start with me on the Bible. When I was a girl, we were taught to memorize all we could because one day in America Bibles would be forbidden. With current events what they are, I understand that directive.

Seriously, you all don't even need to start with me on the Bible. When I was a girl, we were taught to memorize all we could because one day in America Bibles would be forbidden. With current events what they are, I understand that directive.

Yes, we are going to take your Bibles right after we take your guns.

Didn't that already happen? We were told it would right after President Obama took office in 2008.

It would be fun to win a lot of money....I have a pretty good sized family so that's where a lot of it would go. But I would dedicate at least a portion of it to charity. But charities of my own choosing..and I would choose them carefully, and employ a lot of input from people I trust in order to decide and facilitate (namely, my beloved brother in law, sister, and perhaps my pastor).
Exactly... if you/me/anyone ever won a large sum of money, it is ENTIRELY up to THEM what they do with it. I too would donate some, and my "choice" would be the Wounded Veterans Project." Again, that would be my CHOICE to do this, not because some pissed off asshole that didn't win wanted me to.

Didn't that already happen? We were told it would right after President Obama took office in 2008.
Ooooh... cute... bodey trying to make a funny?

idbthpsbatogo_zps4c530dc1.jpg

... meanwhile...

548941_594265940584320_193771415_n_zps170dcf05.jpg

[MENTION=1322]007[/MENTION]

They use that quote from the Bible about giving what you have to the poor to try convincing us that we owe them something, that the world owes them something. But we do not, and the world does not. At he end of that passage, he tells them that giving everything they have to the poor will increase their wealth 100 fold. And it was Judas who had the gut wrenching envy of the woman who could afford the expensive perfume.* .Man, they really take a pen knife to the Bible when it comes to someone else's wealth.

I saw a show on H2, I believe it was, about Jesus. Many people have a misconception that he was poor. But Mary's husband Joseph was a carpenter, and so was Jesus before he started his ministry. Carpentry was and is still a respected trade, and carpenters do well and unless they just sucked at their trade, always did.

*I have always loved that passage about the woman using the most expensive vial of perfume to anoint Jesus' feet. That is why I buy expensive perfume. That has really my only truly big splurge. When I was in my 20s I bought perfume which cost more for an ounce than I made in a week's time. I still buy the absolute most expensive that I can. If Jesus returns in my time, I will use it to anoint his feet. And those with the gut wrenching envy can be onlookers for they will have nothing to offer but their demands. But the deeper meaning is that the vial must be broken before its aroma can be released. Many people, when broken, abandon their beliefs. Those who do not are the true believers and their essence is the expensive perfume.

(You know what else? Men notice perfume that expensive.)

Last edited:
@007

They use that quote from the Bible about giving what you have to the poor to try convincing us that we owe them something, that the world owes them something. But we do not, and the world does not. At he end of that passage, he tells them that giving everything they have to the poor will increase their wealth 100 fold. And it was Judas who had the gut wrenching envy of the woman who could afford the expensive perfume.* .Man, they really take a pen knife to the Bible when it comes to someone else's wealth.

I saw a show on H2, I believe it was, about Jesus. Many people have a misconception that he was poor. But Mary's husband Joseph was a carpenter, and so was Jesus before he started his ministry. Carpentry was and is still a respected trade, and carpenters do well and unless they just sucked at their trade, always did.

*I have always loved that passage about the woman using the most expensive vial of perfume to anoint Jesus' feet. That is why I buy expensive perfume. That has really my only truly big splurge. When I was in my 20s I bought perfume which cost more for an ounce than I made in a week's time. I still buy the absolute most expensive that I can. If Jesus returns in my time, I will use it to anoint his feet. And those with the gut wrenching envy can be onlookers for they will have nothing to offer but their demands. But the deeper meaning is that the vial must be broken before its aroma can be released. Many people, when broken, abandon their beliefs. Those who do not are the true believers and they are their essence is the expensive perfume.

WOW! What an incredible way to distort the Word of God and the Bible....tsk tsk tsk! YOur comment is really messed up in more ways than one dear Sunshine!! WOW again....shakes head in disbelief that you even tried to twist and turn the Bible in the way you just did to satisfy your own indulgences! Incredible! And you talk about others doing this? Look in the mirror sunshine!

Last edited:
@007

*I have always loved that passage about the woman using the most expensive vial of perfume to anoint Jesus' feet. That is why I buy expensive perfume. That has really my only truly big splurge. When I was in my 20s I bought perfume which cost more for an ounce than I made in a week's time. I still buy the absolute most expensive that I can. If Jesus returns in my time, I will use it to anoint his feet. And those with the gut wrenching envy can be onlookers for they will have nothing to offer but their demands. But the deeper meaning is that the vial must be broken before its aroma can be released. Many people, when broken, abandon their beliefs. Those who do not are the true believers and they are their essence is the expensive perfume.

WOW! What an incredible way to distort the Word of God and the Bible....tsk tsk tsk! YOur comment is really messed up in more ways than one dear Sunshine!! WOW again....

Liberals distort. I don't owe you anything. But keep trying. Maybe you can fool someone stupid.

The United States began as a liberal nation and over the years has become more liberal.

Forum List

Back