Liberals Aren’t Liking This Newly-Discovered Photo Of The 1924 Democratic Convention…

Exactly ---- there isn't any "party affiliation". For any of them. Nor was either one founded for that purpose anyway.

Not sure what it takes to get through to y'all morons that "party affiliation" isn't some kind of universal requirement, just because you box yourself into it.

The map shows the party affilations to be Republican, Democrat, Southern Democrat and Constitutional Union. Then you stupidly claim there was no party affiliation.

I didn't know you posted a map until just now, and I addressed it thoroughly. Maybe when you post an image you should give a clue that you posted an image.
I never heard of Adblock preventing an image you linked to from being displayed.

I still can't see your images.
I am assuming that my filter is blocking it somehow.

You must have software that blocks all truth from reaching your screen. That would explain a lot.

"Truth" like West Virginia being a state in 1860? "Truth" like the Democratic Party holding its convention in Wisconsin a month after the election was already over?

You're in a deep dark hole here Fingerboy. And what do you do? Dig deeper. :dig:

Nnnnnnope. Six (not three) ex-Confederate soldiers invented the KKK and they had no known political affilations -- and Democrats didn't exist in that time and place anyway. They were all twentysomethings and modeled it after "Kuklos Adelphon" a popular college fraternity of the time; they corrupted Kuklos (Greek for 'circle') into two words Ku Klux for the mystery factor and added Klan with A K for alliteration (all the ideas of a founder-soldier named Kennedy).

That Klan was soon taken over by nearby pre-existing vigilante elements and became one of literally dozens of similar local and regional groups throughout the defeated Confederacy, usually started by and/or populated by ex-soldiers bent on in effect continuing the War. That Klan was defunct by the early 1870s. Then in 1915 after the Dixon/Grifith film "Birth of a Nation" romanticized that decades-old Klan as part of the Lost Cause movement, an ex-minister and salesman named William J. "Colonel Joe" Simmons recreated a new Klan (officially called the "Knights of the Ku Klux Klan") so that he could milk money off the film by selling memberships to gullibles wanting to emulate the movie. Simmons too had no political affiliation.

That (Simmons) Klan is the one pictured in the OP. It spread literally from coast to coast.

That Klan was officially terminated in 1944 by a combination of an IRS lien and getting its state charter terminated by the Governor. Some historians cite a third Klan when one Dr. Samuel Green tried to re-start it after World War II. Happily Green keeled over and croaked from a heart attack and that was the end of that. I don't count Green as a "third Klan" since it never officially got off the ground, but if you want to count him --- Green too had no political affiliation.

Ya see shirley, the Klan wasn't there for politics. It was there for racism and bigotry and busting unions and whipping drunks and making people go to church. When it dabbled in politics at all it supported or opposed both Democrats and Republicans as well as no-party candidates.

NONE of this is a "secret". It's all readily available on the internets. You could go to those internets and try to prove any of this wrong. But you'll fail.

Here, I'll even give you the search terms:
Original founders: James Crowe, Calvin Jones, John B. Kennedy, John Lester, Frank O. McCord, Richard R. Reed. December 24 1865. 205 West Madison Street, Pulaski Tennessee.

Second Klan: William Joseph Simmons, Thanksgiving Day 1915, Stone Mountain Georgia.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand GO.
Notice what is says about party affiliation (here's a hint: "Democrat"):

iu

Exactly ---- there isn't any "party affiliation". For any of them.. Nor was either one founded for that purpose anyway.

Not sure what it takes to get through to y'all morons that "party affiliation" isn't some kind of universal requirement, just because you box yourself into it.
You claimed the Democrat Party didn't exist in 1865. It clearly did.

Wrong. I claimed the Democratic Party didn't exist in that time and place.

That time was 1865 and that place was Tennessee. Tennessee was occupied vanquished territory, the last country it had been a part of being the CSA. And the CSA had no political parties. It had deliberately abolished them when it formed.

The CSA ceased to exist in 1865, so your "logic" is faulty.

Correct. And that's the year of which we speak. DUH.

They "colluded" so much that they endorsed Coolidge in the election that happened a month before your photo of a funeral march on trolley tracks in Wisconsin. In the same year they "colluded" so effectively with Democrats that they got governors and Senators in Indiana, Colorado, Kansas and Maine elected and took over the City Council of Anaheim --- all as Republicans.

And then four years later they "colluded" so well that not only did they endorse Hoover but they ran a national smear campaign against the Democrat candidate Al Smith, because he was a Catholic.

If that ain't collusion -----

---- oh wait. It isn't.

History book. Get one.

And if that ever actually happens (by mistake no doubt) or if Santa sticks one under your tree, look up these names:

• Rice Means (Colorado)
  • Edward Jackson (Indiana)
  • Clarence Morley (Colorado)
  • Owen Brewster (Maine)
  • Mark Alton Barwise (Maine)
  • Ben Paulen (Kansas)
  • George Luis Baker (Oregon)
  • D.C. Stephenson (Indiana)
  • Jack Walton (Oklahoma)
Actually Walton is the only Democrat on the list. The Klan got him removed from the governor's office after he tried to drive them out of his state.

Fun stuff, mythbusting.

Don’t change the fact, three democrats invented the KKK. Democrats moved the most in the KKK especially those in the south despite what your top secret KKK archives you put together.

Nnnnnnope. Six (not three) ex-Confederate soldiers invented the KKK and they had no known political affilations -- and Democrats didn't exist in that time and place anyway. They were all twentysomethings and modeled it after "Kuklos Adelphon" a popular college fraternity of the time; they corrupted Kuklos (Greek for 'circle') into two words Ku Klux for the mystery factor and added Klan with A K for alliteration (all the ideas of a founder-soldier named Kennedy).

That Klan was soon taken over by nearby pre-existing vigilante elements and became one of literally dozens of similar local and regional groups throughout the defeated Confederacy, usually started by and/or populated by ex-soldiers bent on in effect continuing the War. That Klan was defunct by the early 1870s. Then in 1915 after the Dixon/Grifith film "Birth of a Nation" romanticized that decades-old Klan as part of the Lost Cause movement, an ex-minister and salesman named William J. "Colonel Joe" Simmons recreated a new Klan (officially called the "Knights of the Ku Klux Klan") so that he could milk money off the film by selling memberships to gullibles wanting to emulate the movie. Simmons too had no political affiliation.

That (Simmons) Klan is the one pictured in the OP. It spread literally from coast to coast.

That Klan was officially terminated in 1944 by a combination of an IRS lien and getting its state charter terminated by the Governor. Some historians cite a third Klan when one Dr. Samuel Green tried to re-start it after World War II. Happily Green keeled over and croaked from a heart attack and that was the end of that. I don't count Green as a "third Klan" since it never officially got off the ground, but if you want to count him --- Green too had no political affiliation.

Ya see shirley, the Klan wasn't there for politics. It was there for racism and bigotry and busting unions and whipping drunks and making people go to church. When it dabbled in politics at all it supported or opposed both Democrats and Republicans as well as no-party candidates.

NONE of this is a "secret". It's all readily available on the internets. You could go to those internets and try to prove any of this wrong. But you'll fail.

Original founders: James Crowe, Calvin Jones, John B. Kennedy, John Lester, Frank O. McCord, Richard R. Reed. December 24 1865. 205 West Madison Street, Pulaski Tennessee.

Second Klan: William Joseph Simmons, Thanksgiving Day 1915, Stone Mountain Georgia.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand GO.

iu

I didn't know there was an image here until I killed my AdBlock just now.

The Democrat (Douglas) is in blue. He won one state and half of New Jersey, which split its EV between Douglas and Lincoln. Douglas came in dead last in a field of four major candidates. You'll notice none of his EVs are in the South, the same number there (zero) as Lincoln --- who wasn't even on ballots in the South (the Republican Party didn't run a POTUS candidate in the South until 1868). The purple area is a candidate the Southerners ran after they kicked the Democratic Party convention out from Charleston. The D party had to move its convention north. The southerners never actually named the party or formally organized it -- they just put a candidate on the ballots.

The ochre color is the Constitutional Unionists, an outgrowth of the defunct Whig Party which disintegrated because it couldn't come to a consensus on slavery. Bell was a slaveowner himself who nevertheless opposed expansion of slavery and opposed secession. In fact of these four candidates three (Lincoln, Douglas and Bell) actively opposed the idea of secession. After Douglas lost he worked with Lincoln to prevent the secession going on speaking tours in the South and when that didn't work, advised the new President on how to combat the South.

So contrary to Fingerboy's Fantasies, the Democratic Party pulled a big fat zero in 1860 in the South. As I said it wasn't going to be in its dominant "Solid South" position until at least the 1870s.

Oh and here's another flaw in this map --- "West Virginia". It didn't exist in 1860. That area was part of Virginia until after the War started when it was split off, ostensibly not wishing to be part of secession. There might have been an "East Tennessee" created in the same way, as there was similar sentiment in this region. So where this map imagines a West Virginia sending its votes to Lincoln, it was actually the northwest section of Virginia, which voted for Bell. And New Jersey should be both red and blue. Sloppy work.

That West Virginia split to the Union and East Tennessee did not, is a reflection of how many Union troops were in West Virginia and how many Confederate troops were in East Tennessee, when each took their votes on it. And that in turn is demonstrative of how split the South was about secession and war. Significant chunks of the Southern population wanted no part of either. Just as there were significant chunks of what is now West Virginia who wanted to stay Virginia and Confederate. As usual the population is cowed by force --- voter intimidation was in NO WAY a new idea when the Klan and the Knights of the White Camellia and all those groups engaged in it.

Matter of fact here's a blatant example of voter intimidation from several years before the Civil War in a massive riot perpetuated by the political party that would most resemble the later Klan --- the Know Nothings.
You claimed the Democrat Party didn't exist in 1860.

You were dead wrong.

End of story.
LOL

He never said that, ya lyin’ piss bucket.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand GO.

iu

The Democrat (Douglas) is in blue. He won one state and half of New Jersey, which split its EV between Douglas and Lincoln. Douglas came in dead last in a field of four major candidates. You'll notice none of his EVs are in the South, the same number there (zero) as Lincoln --- who wasn't even on ballots in the South (the Republican Party didn't run a POTUS candidate in the South until 1868). The purple area is a candidate the Southerners ran after they kicked the Democratic Party convention out from Charleston. The D party had to move its convention north. The southerners never actually named the party or formally organized it -- they just put a candidate on the ballots.

The ochre color is the Constitutional Unionists, an outgrowth of the defunct Whig Party which disintegrated because it couldn't come to a consensus on slavery. Bell was a slaveowner himself who nevertheless opposed expansion of slavery and opposed secession. In fact of these four candidates three (Lincoln, Douglas and Bell) actively opposed the idea of secession. After Douglas lost he worked with Lincoln to prevent the secession going on speaking tours in the South and when that didn't work, advised the new President on how to combat the South.

So contrary to Fingerboy's Fantasies, the Democratic Party pulled a big fat zero in 1860 in the South. As I said it wasn't going to be in its dominant "Solid South" position until at least the 1870s.

Oh and here's another flaw in this map --- "West Virginia". It didn't exist in 1860. That area was part of Virginia until after the War started when it was split off, ostensibly not wishing to be part of secession. There might have been an "East Tennessee" created in the same way, as there was similar sentiment in this region. So where this map imagines a West Virginia sending its votes to Lincoln, it was actually the northwest section of Virginia, which voted for Bell. And New Jersey should be both red and blue. Sloppy work.

That West Virginia split to the Union and East Tennessee did not, is a reflection of how many Union troops were in West Virginia and how many Confederate troops were in East Tennessee, when each took their votes on it. And that in turn is demonstrative of how split the South was about secession and war. Significant chunks of the Southern population wanted no part of either. Just as there were significant chunks of what is now West Virginia who wanted to stay Virginia and Confederate. As usual the population is cowed by force --- voter intimidation was in NO WAY a new idea when the Klan and the Knights of the White Camellia and all those groups engaged in it.

Matter of fact here's a blatant example of voter intimidation from several years before the Civil War in a massive riot perpetuated by the political party that would most resemble the later Klan --- the Know Nothings.

You were dead wrong.

End of story.

Here is what he actually said:
Nnnnnnope. Six (not three) ex-Confederate soldiers invented the KKK and they had no known political affilations -- and Democrats didn't exist in that time and place anyway

Who invented the KKK?

6 white ex-confederate soldiers- that there is no record of ever being members of the Democratic Party

Why did he say that the Democrats didn't exist in that time and place anyway?

Because the Democratic Party didn't exist in the Confederacy and wasn't yet an official force in the ex-Confederate states when the KKK was started.

What part of "Democrats didn't exist in that time and place anyway" didn't you understand, dumbass?
What part of, “in that time and place,” don’t you understand?

iu

You were dead wrong.

End of story.

Once AGAIN -- WRONG. And once again, we already did this. Once again, as I corrected your jellyfaced ignorant ass before, I said it did not exist *IN* *THAT* *TIME* *AND* *PLACE*. And once again, "that time and place" was Tennessee and 1865. I did not bring up "1860". YOU did.

Jesus Christ in a Canoe, you even QUOTED ME two posts later and contradicted yourself ---

What part of "Democrats didn't exist in that time and place anyway" didn't you understand, dumbass?

You have provided not the slightest bit of evidence that the Democrat Party didn't exist in TN in 1865.

Hell, Fingeboi, you have provided no evidence at all for a damn thing, just plopping ipse dixits for others to clean up. Just as some of us had to clean up your ridiculous political convention on trolley tracks in Wisconsin in a "newly discovered" photo that's been sitting in the Wisconsin state archives for 93 freaking years.

Of course that also tells us that you're helpless to check any of this shit out, as you could have checked this out before you stuck yet another jelly foot in your own mouth:

>>
Political Parties in the Confederacy
There were no recognized political parties in the Confederate States of America. Most Southerners, including Confederate President Jefferson Davis, opposed political parties, considering them to be a corruption of the principles of republican government. However, many of the members of the Confederate Congress were former Southern Democrats. A few had been Constitutional Unionists or Whigs. While there were no political parties, per se, Confederate politicians often divided over the issue of whether to have a strong central government. Nationalists, including Jefferson Davis, favored giving the Confederate government broad powers, especially in war time. Libertarians, led by Alexander Stephens, favored a very limited confederate government, reserving most powers -- including most war powers -- to the individual states. << --- linkylinky

Still harping on the trolly tracks parade post? Wasn't that about 2 years ago? See, that's how far you have to go back to find any kind of mistake I made, and you drag it up everytime you're getting your ass kicked in a thread.

BTW, the Confederacy didn't exist in "the time and place" where the KKK was formed, so why do you keep bringing it up?

iu

You were dead wrong.

End of story.

Nnnnnnope. Six (not three) ex-Confederate soldiers invented the KKK and they had no known political affilations -- and Democrats didn't exist in that time and place anyway

Who invented the KKK?

6 white ex-confederate soldiers- that there is no record of ever being members of the Democratic Party

Because the Democratic Party didn't exist in the Confederacy and wasn't yet an official force in the ex-Confederate states when the KKK was started.

Pogo did, moron.

You were dead wrong.

End of story.

Who invented the KKK?

Pogo did, moron.
Nope, Pogo didn’t. You’re simply lying now and everyone here sees that for themselves.

Quote Pogo saying anything about Democrats not existing before 1860... you can’t because he didn’t even say snything about 1860.

Quote Pogo saying anything about Democrats not existing beyond the borders of Tennessee... you can’t do that either because he didn’t.

Basically, you misunderstood what he said and accused him of saying what you imagine he did. And because you’re not a man of character, you can’t bring yourself to simply acknowledge your mistake but would rather keep digging your hole deeper and deeper.

You were dead wrong.

End of story.

Once AGAIN -- WRONG. And once again, we already did this. Once again, as I corrected your jellyfaced ignorant ass before, I said it did not exist *IN* *THAT* *TIME* *AND* *PLACE*. And once again, "that time and place" was Tennessee and 1865. I did not bring up "1860". YOU did.

Jesus Christ in a Canoe, you even QUOTED ME two posts later and contradicted yourself ---

You have provided not the slightest bit of evidence that the Democrat Party didn't exist in TN in 1865.

Hell, Fingeboi, you have provided no evidence at all for a damn thing, just plopping ipse dixits for others to clean up. Just as some of us had to clean up your ridiculous political convention on trolley tracks in Wisconsin in a "newly discovered" photo that's been sitting in the Wisconsin state archives for 93 freaking years.

Of course that also tells us that you're helpless to check any of this shit out, as you could have checked this out before you stuck yet another jelly foot in your own mouth:

>>
There were no recognized political parties in the Confederate States of America. Most Southerners, including Confederate President Jefferson Davis, opposed political parties, considering them to be a corruption of the principles of republican government. However, many of the members of the Confederate Congress were former Southern Democrats. A few had been Constitutional Unionists or Whigs. While there were no political parties, per se, Confederate politicians often divided over the issue of whether to have a strong central government. Nationalists, including Jefferson Davis, favored giving the Confederate government broad powers, especially in war time. Libertarians, led by Alexander Stephens, favored a very limited confederate government, reserving most powers -- including most war powers -- to the individual states. << --- linkylinky

Still harping on the trolly tracks parade post? Wasn't that about 2 years ago? See, that's how far you have to go back to find any kind of mistake I made, and you drag it up everytime you're getting your ass kicked in a thread.

Are you FINALLY admitting you fucked up? Actually it's been half a year and you and Geaux4it were following the lead of that eminent historian Chuck Woolery, who also thinks the Klan was "leftist" So much for sources.

Apparently you don't think this way but I would **NEVER** trot out a story on these pages I didn't first check out to make sure it was valid, or take a cue from Chuck Fucking Woolery. Apparently I value "facts" more that you though. But it doesn't matter how long ago it started -- I'm just marking time as to how long you'll prattle alone without ever admitting you got punked by a bogus blog.

BTW, the Confederacy didn't exist in "the time and place" where the KKK was formed, so why do you keep bringing it up?

I've never claimed it did. I noted that these six kids who founded it were ex-Confederate soldiers and that's as close as I got to "Confederacy".

And speaking of sources, since you won't say what yours was I took the liberty of looking for an image of the electoral map of 1860 that thinks West Virginia was a state. I couldn't even find one.

Last edited:

You were dead wrong.

End of story.

Who invented the KKK?

Pogo did, moron.
Nope, Pogo didn’t. You’re simply lying now and everyone here sees that for themselves.

Quote Pogo saying anything about Democrats not existing before 1860... you can’t because he didn’t even say snything about 1860.

Quote Pogo saying anything about Democrats not existing beyond the borders of Tennessee... you can’t do that either because he didn’t.

Basically, you misunderstood what he said and accused him of saying what you imagine he did. And because you’re not a man of character, you can’t bring yourself to simply acknowledge your mistake but would rather keep digging your hole deeper and deeper.

--- much like the way he can't admit he trotted in a bogus convention picture from Wisconsin.

I've already noted billions and billions of times on these pages that the Democratic Party dates back to 1834,

Don’t change the fact, three democrats invented the KKK. Democrats moved the most in the KKK especially those in the south despite what your top secret KKK archives you put together.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand GO.

iu

You were dead wrong.

End of story.

Your use of facts and actual accurate language confuses Brippy.

Exactly ---- there isn't any "party affiliation". For any of them. Nor was either one founded for that purpose anyway.

The map shows the party affilations to be Republican, Democrat, Southern Democrat and Constitutional Union. Then you stupidly claim there was no party affiliation.

I didn't know you posted a map until just now, and I addressed it thoroughly. Maybe when you post an image you should give a clue that you posted an image.
I never heard of Adblock preventing an image you linked to from being displayed.

I still can't see your images.
I am assuming that my filter is blocking it somehow.

You must have software that blocks all truth from reaching your screen. That would explain a lot.

LOL- if I had software that blocked all truth, then I would never see a single post from you.

This is what I see from your post:

upload_2018-2-12_15-51-5.png

Looks like it is only blocking your excrement.

You were dead wrong.

End of story.

>>

Still harping on the trolly tracks parade post?

Yep- he is still 'harping' on your lies.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand GO.

iu

You were dead wrong.

End of story.

I bet if I posted that the "Democrat" Party was founded in 1924 on some trorlley tracks in Wisconsin whereupon it convened to invent slavery, ebola and penile warts, he'd be all in. And wouldn't demand a link either.

You were dead wrong.

End of story.

Who invented the KKK?

Pogo did, moron.

I think you give Brippy too much credit- because you assume he/she/it just misunderstood- rather than was deliberately lying the entire time.

iu

You were dead wrong.

End of story.

I bet if I posted that the "Democrat" Party was founded in 1924 on some trorlley tracks in Wisconsin whereupon it convened to invent slavery, ebola and penile warts, he'd be all in. And wouldn't demand a link either.

And would end up blaming it on "Affirmative Action"

iu

Exactly ---- there isn't any "party affiliation". For any of them.. Nor was either one founded for that purpose anyway.

That time was 1865 and that place was Tennessee. Tennessee was occupied vanquished territory, the last country it had been a part of being the CSA. And the CSA had no political parties. It had deliberately abolished them when it formed.

The KKK wasn't formed until after Lee surrendured at Appomatix, dumbass. The CSA didn't exist when it was formed.

Who invented the KKK?

Pogo did, moron.

I think you give Brippy too much credit- because you assume he/she/it just misunderstood- rather than was deliberately lying the entire time.

No one will ever make the mistake of giving you too much credit because it's so obvious that your a brain damaged dumbass.

The KKK wasn't formed until after Lee surrendured at Appomatix, dumbass. The CSA didn't exist when it was formed.

No shit Sherlock. Linear time, what a concept.

If you had a point here --- what would it be?

Pogo did, moron.

No one will ever make the mistake of giving you too much credit because it's so obvious that your a brain damaged dumbass.

He didn't post a picture from a rainy December day in Wisconsin and claim it was the Democratic convention did he?
He didn't post an electoral college map that counts states that didn't exist, did he?

Somebody else did both of those. Who was it now....... :eusa_think:

Another thread where cons want to distance themselves from being the party of the Ku Klux Klan now and the Neo Nazis.

Their dear leader condemsn Americans that exercise their 1st amendment rights at football games, while he praises the Klan and the Nazis in Charlottesville ... "there's fine people on both sides". You mean the inside of your white hood and the outside?

Forum List

Back