Liberals demand "white nationalist" student be expelled. College says NO !!

First, congratulations to the University of Nebraska.

Second, a few days ago, I watched a C-SPAN lecture on the 1st Amendment.

a. The speaker said that a recent survey indicated that about 40% of university students do NOT believe that the 1st Amendment allows you to express just any view.

i. Those students believe that one does NOT have the right to express an obvious untruth. E.g., one should not be able to deny climate change.

b. The speaker cited a prominent professor (I forgot her name) who is teaching students (presumably quite successfully) that the 1st Amendment covers only political matters, NOT cultural matters. She defines "cultural matters" as anything that the vast majority of society has decided is correct.

We should remember how we were when in our teens and twenties.

We, too, thought that we knew everything.

As we have gotten older and had more experience with human beings, we have become less left-wing and moved to the moderate/conservative side.

I bet the school eventually caves and does expel him. The core of liberalism is anti-white racism.

Where's your article make any reference to "liberalism"? Hm?

Actually the title is "University of Nebraska won’t expel ‘white nationalist’ student, citing First Amendment".

The First Amendment is the essence of Liberalism.
Unless you're Milo or Ingram speaking at Berkeley, that bastion of 1st Amendment rights.

I'm not Milo (perish the though), I don't know who the fuck "Graham" is and this ain't Berkeley. More to the point the OP tried to paint this article as the direct opposite of what it says, because he's a fucktard, and I called him on it. To mix a metaphor, stick a fork in this thread, it's toast.
Milo and Laura Ingram both caused riots to prevent them from exercising their 1st Amendment rights at Berkeley by liberals. Because you said free speech was the very essence of liberalism.

Anybody anywhere to tries to prevent free speech is by definition not a Liberal. Period.
Antifa and supporters have culturally appropriated the term.

About 90% of the Alt Right, Far Right, and Christian Right DO NOT believe that the 1st Amendment allows you to express just any view.

The Professor is wrong, but Bork himself pretty much said that the 1st Amendment pretty much ended at political free speech.

A business, or a church, or a club you belong to can limit your right of speech.

Where's your article make any reference to "liberalism"? Hm?

Actually the title is "University of Nebraska won’t expel ‘white nationalist’ student, citing First Amendment".

The First Amendment is the essence of Liberalism.
Unless you're Milo or Ingram speaking at Berkeley, that bastion of 1st Amendment rights.

I'm not Milo (perish the though), I don't know who the fuck "Graham" is and this ain't Berkeley. More to the point the OP tried to paint this article as the direct opposite of what it says, because he's a fucktard, and I called him on it. To mix a metaphor, stick a fork in this thread, it's toast.
Milo and Laura Ingram both caused riots to prevent them from exercising their 1st Amendment rights at Berkeley by liberals. Because you said free speech was the very essence of liberalism.

Anybody anywhere to tries to prevent free speech is by definition not a Liberal. Period.

Then that's their problem, isn't it.

We're just discussing certain truths, that's all. They call themselves liberals and riot to prevent free speech. What would you call them...fascists?

About 90% of the Alt Right, Far Right, and Christian Right DO NOT believe that the 1st Amendment allows you to express just any view.

The Professor is wrong, but Bork himself pretty much said that the 1st Amendment pretty much ended at political free speech.

A business, or a church, or a club you belong to can limit your right of speech.

Yep. What was left out of the description of the unnamed professor is that the First Amendment restricts the government from quelling free speech. It doesn't restrict, say, an employer. So in that sense if she's saying 1A keeps political speech free (from government interference), then she's right. Not that the government hasn't violated that Amendment multiple times, it clearly has.

In the case of the topic the University is not bound by the First Amendment, but it chooses to stand behind its spirit. Whether it's obliged to do so or not, that's the Liberal thing to do.

We're just discussing certain truths, that's all. They call themselves liberals and riot to prevent free speech. What would you call them...fascists?

In the loose sense of the word, sure.

Examples: Bill Maher hosts a table full of people from all over the political spectrum. That's the spirit of Liberalism. Lush Rimjob runs a monologue and if anyone tries to participate they're screened for content. That's the spirit of fascism.

No, the left won’t allow free speech.
I’d bet at least 80% of the black basketball players at Nebraska who were considering action, speak with a dialect rooted in southern illiteracy yet most if not all of them don’t hail from the south. They speak that dialect in the name of racial self-segregation. Confront them with this hypocrisy and you will be shouted down and castigated by free-speech-stifling left wing hypocrite dupes.

Examples: Bill Maher hosts a table full of people from all over the political spectrum. That's the spirit of Liberalism. Lush Rimjob runs a monologue and if anyone tries to participate they're screened for content. That's the spirit of fascism.
Bill Maher uses the dreaded n-word, so he's worse than Hitler. Fascism rearing its ugly head on his own show and in the so-called liberal school of thought.

I’d bet at least 80% of the black basketball players at Nebraska who were considering action, speak with a dialect rooted in southern illiteracy yet most if not all of them don’t hail from the south. They speak that dialect in the name of racial self-segregation. Confront them with this hypocrisy and you will be shouted down and castigated by free-speech-stifling left wing hypocrite dupes.

One's personal dialect emanates from one's surroundings in infancy. There's nothing "hypocritical" about that.

We've done this before. You lost, remember?

Bill Maher uses the dreaded n-word, so he's worse than Hitler. Fascism rearing its ugly head on his own show and in the so-called liberal school of thought.

Wooat oiqrgo oigei 'aga vma loigrgohllvs aoirghotu. Boijermay oi zzk;li ovrrimp g.

Makes as much sense as the post quoted.

You really betrayed your own bias with that bad example. Maher is a phony, a hardcore left winger who fills his audience with like-minded left wingers who scoff and laugh at any dissenters he brings on his show — which he does for that purpose.

Wooat oiqrgo oigei 'aga vma loigrgohllvs aoirghotu. Boijermay oi zzk;li ovrrimp g.

People who are culturally inappropriate.

One's personal dialect emanates from one's surroundings in infancy. There's nothing "hypocritical" about that.

We've done this before. You lost, remember?
Cop out. Consider the elements that create the environment. I didn’t lose. You quit.

You really betrayed your own bias with that bad example. Maher is a phony, a hardcore left winger who fills his audience with like-minded left wingers who scoff and laugh at any dissenters he brings on his show — which he does for that purpose.

Yuh huh. "Like-minded left wingers" like Ann Coulter and Bill Frist and Dinesh d'Souza and Anthony Scaramucci.

You've never seen the show have you.

Sentence fragments without verbs.

Sentence fragments without verbs.
Language is fluid. Keep up. Gay means lame. Maher uses racist language and is your reference to liberalism. So are people who riot to prevent free speech rights.

You might want to rethink this one. With proper syntax, of course.

Yuh huh. "Like-minded left wingers" like Ann Coulter and Bill Frist and Dinesh d'Souza and Anthony Scaramucci.

You've never seen the show have you.
Those are the folks he brings on there for his audience to mock. Again, you show your bias.

Forum List

Back