Liberals, Ron Paul Mock Death of American Hero on Twitter

So Jesus was essentially saying that Peter deserved to be killed? Or would you say that "bringing it on himself" is not necessarily the same as "deserving" to be killed? I'd say they're essentially the same, and I'd disagree that that was Jesus' point.

I would say that Jesus' point was that violence begets violence.

I would say that Paul drove the "brought it on himself" point by criticizing him for counseling a troubled vet at a gun range. And that point is a foolish one. Joe Montana probably counsels at risk youth by tossing football with them. And this man was a famous and accomplished shooter - so he used his reputation as a way to earn the trust of a troubled person so he could try to help him.

Yes, when that point of access is shooting then there are some inherient risks. Kyle accepted those risks and tried to use his talents as a way to reach out to this guy. Anyone with a psychology background can appreciate what he was doing and would know better than to criticize a dead man for those efforts.

I think the point is that "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword" is not coming from a place of judgement, but rather a concern for that person's safety. So Ron Paul was not saying that Chris Kyle "brought it on himself" or that he "deserved" it, which you never personally said I'm just throwing that in there, but rather that he's concerned for these troops and their safety. His later explanation of the tweet makes this clear. He's concerned for the lives of these troops, and thus disagrees with our foreign policy putting them in danger. If he was criticizing anything it was the government's foreign policy.

I really can't see the problem here.

Paul wasn't mocking anyone, just noting the irony.

I can only judge the man by his words, as he is a man of little action. He sits on the sidelines yelling out what to me and others, seems like inanities and imbecilities.

Ron Paul = the fringe. That is not 'classic liberal' that is fruity

In 2012 classical liberalism is in the so-called "fringe."

I really can't see the problem here.

Paul wasn't mocking anyone, just noting the irony.

I can only judge the man by his words, as he is a man of little action. He sits on the sidelines yelling out what to me and others, seems like inanities and imbecilities.

Ron Paul = the fringe. That is not 'classic liberal' that is fruity

In 2012 classical liberalism is in the so-called "fringe."

If only the 'real' world were as simple as the one you and the Pauls inhabit.

Ron Paul needs to cross the bridge into the 21st century. Living in the past with ones head up ones as is no solution

Did you think he wanted income taxes revoked cause he was being a good guy???? LMAO

So wanting to get rid of one set of taxes means he doesn't want to pay any taxes?

Not like taxes is one thing....But thats where his brush with conservatism ends....The rest he is just another racist American hating progressive crazy old fuck.

Thank you for once again demonstrating your inability to engage in a rational discussion.

In a classical sense, yes.

distinction with a huge difference

Ron Paul is an ideologue who would sacrifice people for a principle. He's a Randian imbecile who forgets principles were invented to serve humanity, not the other way around.

People who don't bend a principle in time of crisis or need, are people who lack common sense and the ability to face reality. They lack true humanity. Most of the criticisms of our founding fathers is that in times of need or crisis, and sometimes out of convenience to a larger principle or cause, principles were put aside briefly.

Just because he differs with you as to what principles would best serve humanity doesn't mean he would "sacrifice people for a principle."

One can only judge the man by his past words...his actions being few as he is always on the fringe and has no power: "Ron Paul is an ideologue who would sacrifice people for a principle."

By his words he must be judged

So Jesus was essentially saying that Peter deserved to be killed? Or would you say that "bringing it on himself" is not necessarily the same as "deserving" to be killed? I'd say they're essentially the same, and I'd disagree that that was Jesus' point.

I would say that Paul drove the "brought it on himself" point by criticizing him for counseling a troubled vet at a gun range. And that point is a foolish one. Joe Montana probably counsels at risk youth by tossing football with them. And this man was a famous and accomplished shooter - so he used his reputation as a way to earn the trust of a troubled person so he could try to help him.

Yes, when that point of access is shooting then there are some inherient risks. Kyle accepted those risks and tried to use his talents as a way to reach out to this guy. Anyone with a psychology background can appreciate what he was doing and would know better than to criticize a dead man for those efforts.

I think the point is that "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword" is not coming from a place of judgement, but rather a concern for that person's safety. So Ron Paul was not saying that Chris Kyle "brought it on himself" or that he "deserved" it, which you never personally said I'm just throwing that in there, but rather that he's concerned for these troops and their safety. His later explanation of the tweet makes this clear. He's concerned for the lives of these troops, and thus disagrees with our foreign policy putting them in danger. If he was criticizing anything it was the government's foreign policy.

Paul obviously realized his mistake and tried to sooth it over with his second tweet.

It's clear that his first message was to question Kyle for using his talent and reputation as a shooter as a point of access to counsel troubled veterans.

No way to spin around that.

So wanting to get rid of one set of taxes means he doesn't want to pay any taxes?

Not like taxes is one thing....But thats where his brush with conservatism ends....The rest he is just another racist American hating progressive crazy old fuck.

Thank you for once again demonstrating your inability to engage in a rational discussion.

Hey if you dont like the truth stop reading my posts.

distinction with a huge difference

Ron Paul is an ideologue who would sacrifice people for a principle. He's a Randian imbecile who forgets principles were invented to serve humanity, not the other way around.

People who don't bend a principle in time of crisis or need, are people who lack common sense and the ability to face reality. They lack true humanity. Most of the criticisms of our founding fathers is that in times of need or crisis, and sometimes out of convenience to a larger principle or cause, principles were put aside briefly.

Just because he differs with you as to what principles would best serve humanity doesn't mean he would "sacrifice people for a principle."

One can only judge the man by his past words...his actions being few as he is always on the fringe and has no power: "Ron Paul is an ideologue who would sacrifice people for a principle."

By his words he must be judged

Disagreeing with the majority doesn't mean you would sacrifice people for principle either. The majority might be wrong, after all.

See what I mean? Ron Paul is the guy both sides love to hate. He's a LOLberal! He's a conservative, racist k00k!

You partisan players are so predictable, it's a tragedy in comedy.

Paul obviously realized his mistake and tried to sooth it over with his second tweet.

It's clear that his first message was to question Kyle for using his talent and reputation as a shooter as a point of access to counsel troubled veterans.

No way to spin around that.

I don't think Ron Paul thinks he made any mistake. I think he used that phrase the same way Jesus used it, and I think his second tweet, which was really on Facebook but no matter, was simply explaining that fact.

As for the second part of the tweet, he was merely questioning whether using that form of "counsel" was wise, and obviously events proved that it might not have been.

Forum List

Back