Liberals, Ron Paul Mock Death of American Hero on Twitter

So Jesus was essentially saying that Peter deserved to be killed? Or would you say that "bringing it on himself" is not necessarily the same as "deserving" to be killed? I'd say they're essentially the same, and I'd disagree that that was Jesus' point.
Not sure what a fictional character and fable has in all of this?

Well for starters we have to recognize that not everyone sees Jesus as a fictional character and the Bible merely as a fable, and you can include Ron Paul in that list. Now what it has to do with this situation is that the phrasing comes from Jesus who told Peter that "he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword" after Peter cut off the ear of a Roman soldier who was coming after Jesus. The context Jesus said this in is important because it informs us as to what Ron Paul meant when he said it.

So Jesus was essentially saying that Peter deserved to be killed? Or would you say that "bringing it on himself" is not necessarily the same as "deserving" to be killed? I'd say they're essentially the same, and I'd disagree that that was Jesus' point.

"Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword" (Matthew 26:52, King James Version)

Paul's first message echos this passage.

And the idiot Sovereign Citizen libertarians on this site couldn't understand why conservative voters sent him home with his tail between his legs in the Republican primary??? SMH....

Yes, we know why you booed him for daring to espouse the golden rule.

Paul obviously realized his mistake and tried to sooth it over with his second tweet.

It's clear that his first message was to question Kyle for using his talent and reputation as a shooter as a point of access to counsel troubled veterans.

No way to spin around that.

I don't think Ron Paul thinks he made any mistake. I think he used that phrase the same way Jesus used it, and I think his second tweet, which was really on Facebook but no matter, was simply explaining that fact.

As for the second part of the tweet, he was merely questioning whether using that form of "counsel" was wise, and obviously events proved that it might not have been.

So you trying to couching it in much softer terms - which might have served Paul well.

I suppose that's one way of looking at it.

And the idiot Sovereign Citizen libertarians on this site couldn't understand why conservative voters sent him home with his tail between his legs in the Republican primary??? SMH....

Meanwhile "conservative" voters nominated Mitt Romney. :lol:

They hate ObamaCare so much they nominated the guy who originated it.

^ this ladies and gentleman is what happens when the youth smokes pot and listens to too much Alex Jones.....

Well for starters we have to recognize that not everyone sees Jesus as a fictional character and the Bible merely as a fable, and you can include Ron Paul in that list. Now what it has to do with this situation is that the phrasing comes from Jesus who told Peter that "he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword" after Peter cut off the ear of a Roman soldier who was coming after Jesus. The context Jesus said this in is important because it informs us as to what Ron Paul meant when he said it.
I see, but you have to realize not everyone reads the Bible or believes in Jesus so citing another example may better serve the point you were trying to make. When people cite things from the Bible or Jesus my eyes glaze over :) No clue what all that is.....it's like Barney the Dinosaur to me.

Anyway, you clarified your position very well. I understand now. Thank you

I see, but you have to realize not everyone reads the Bible or believes in Jesus so citing another example may better serve the point you were trying to make. When people cite things from the Bible or Jesus my eyes glaze over :) No clue what all that is.....it's like Barney the Dinosaur to me.

Why penalize someone for you being ignorant?

I'm aware, but it's integral to this situation to understand what Ron Paul meant by this comment by looking at the context Jesus, who Ron Paul merely quoted, used the phrase.

I'm aware, but it's integral to this situation to understand what Ron Paul meant by this comment by looking at the context Jesus, who Ron Paul merely quoted, used the phrase.

God you are young....He is baiting you.

So... Jesus was baiting Peter?

Or are you saying cereal_killer was baiting me?

Dr. Paul was simply stating that wars have consequences especially for those that are sent to fight them so make sure the wars you start are NECESSARY. Was Iraq a threat to the US?

Last edited:

So... Jesus was baiting Peter?

Or are you saying cereal_killer was baiting me?

Of course CK is baiting you..... Anytime a radical atheist acts ignorant of Christ he is baiting you to say something intolerant. Shit they know the Bible front and back! They spin it all the time!

Forum List

Back