šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Liberals: So why is disliking Obama for being a leftist, "racism?"

When a black liberal is criticized, he cries racism. When liberalism fails, liberals cry racism. When the Democrat Party gets in trouble, liberals cry racism. It has become the ever present background noise of politics, like birds chirping in the forest.

Links?

(crickets chirp)

See what I mean? Strawmen. :eusa_hand:
There are no links. That quote was from me. Now run along.

That's uh, what I just said. Was "strawman" too big a word? :itsok:

Cept it's not. Being called a racist for criticizing the exalted O is one of the most basic, repetitious political experiences of anyone not on the left

Then it shouldn't be hard to find an example. But you won't, because you can't.

Asked and answered

Can you identify someone who has said that simply disliking Obama is racist?
:badgrin: :bsflag:

1) Criticizing the IRS: "Republicans are using [the IRS scandal] as their latest weapon in the war against the black man. ā€˜IRSā€™ is the new 'N****r.'" -- Martin Bashir2)

Having a Republican National Convention during a hurricane:
"They are happy to have a party with black people drowning." -- Yahoo News Washington bureau chief David Chalian on the Republican National Convention, which was going on at the same time as Hurricane Isaac

3) Wanting to own a gun to prevent break-ins:
"I am loathe to bring up what is in our head because we donā€™t like to talk about it so much. But on this particular day, on Martin Luther King Day, I think this needs to be said. That imaginary person thatā€™s going to break into your home and kill you, who does that person look like? You know, itā€™s not freckle-faced Jimmy down the street, is it really? I mean, thatā€™s not what really, thatā€™s not what really people, we never really want to talk about the racial or the class part of this, in terms of how itā€™s the poor or itā€™s people of color that we imagine that weā€™re afraid of. Why are we afraid? What is that, and itā€™s been a fear that has existed for a very, very long time." -- Michael Moore

4) Mentioning the "Constitution" or "respect for the Founding Fathers:"
"The language of GOP racial politics is heavy on euphemisms that allow the speaker to deny any responsibility for the racial content of his message,ā€ Williams wrote. ā€œReferences to a lack of respect for the ā€˜Founding Fathersā€™ and the ā€˜Constitutionā€™ also make certain ears perk up by demonizing anyone supposedly threatening core ā€˜old-fashioned American values.ā€™" -- Juan Williams

5) Calling Obama "angry:"
"That really bothered me. You notice (Romney) said anger twice. Heā€™s really trying to use racial coding and access some really deep stereotypes about the angry black man. This is part of the playbook against Obama, the ā€˜otherization,ā€™ heā€™s not like us. I know itā€™s a heavy thing, I donā€™t say it lightly, but this is ā€˜n*ggerization.ā€™" --TourĆ©

6) Saying that Barack Obama lies:
"Surrounded by middle-aged white guys ā€” a sepia snapshot of the days when such pols ran Washington like their own menā€™s club ā€” Joe Wilson yelled ā€œYou lie!ā€ at a president who didnā€™t. But, fair or not, what I heard was an unspoken word in the air: You lie, boy!" -- Maureen Dowd

7) Noting that Obama is privileged:
"Spotlighting his elite education is tantamount to racial bigotry because it insinuates that 'he took the place of someone else through affirmative action, that someone else being someone white.'" -- Jonathan Capehart

8) Saying that unions boss Obama around:
"The Republican Party is saying that the President of the United States has bosses, that the union bosses this President around, the unions boss him around. Does that sound to you like they are trying to consciously or subconsciously deliver the racist message that, of course, of course a black man canā€™t be the real boss?" -- Lawrence Oā€™Donnell

9) Supporting voter ID:
ā€œIf you go back to the year 2000, when we had an obvious disaster and ā€“ and saw that our voting process needed refinement, and we did that in the America Votes Act and made sure that we could iron out those kinks, now you have the Republicans, who want to literally drag us all the way back to Jim Crow laws and literally ā€“ and very transparently ā€“ block access to the polls to voters who are more likely to vote Democratic candidates than Republican candidates. And itā€™s nothing short of that blatant.ā€ -- Debbie Wasserman Schultz
10) Saying "I want my country back:"
"Do you remember tea baggers? It was just so much easier when we could just call them racists. I just donā€™t know why we canā€™t call them racists, or functionally retarded adults. The functionally retarded adults, the racists ā€“ with their cries of, ā€˜I want my country back. You know what theyā€™re really saying is, ā€˜I want my white guy back.ā€™ They apparently had no problem at all for the last eight years of habeas corpus being suspended, the Constitution being [expletive] on, illegal surveillance, lied to on a war or two, two stolen elections ā€“ yes, the John Kerry one was stolen too. Thatā€™s not tin-foil hat time. ā€ -- Janeane Garofalo

11) Being fans of Herman Cain:
"One of the things about Herman Cain is, I think that he makes that white Republican base of the party feel okay, feel like they are not racist because they can like this guy. I think he(heā€™s) giving that base a free pass. And I think they like him because they think heā€™s a black man who knows his place. I know thatā€™s harsh, but thatā€™s how it sure seems to me." -- Karen Finney

12) Fighting for the 2nd Amendment:
"I believe the NRA is the new KKK. And that the arming of so many black youths, uh, and loading up our community with drugs, and then just having an open shooting gallery, is the work of people who obviously donā€™t have our best interests [at heart]." -- Jason Whitlock

13) Republicans trying to keep Obama from being reelected:
"Look at, look, the Tea Partiers, who are controlling the Republican Partyā€¦.Their stated policy, publicly stated, is to do whatever it takes to see to it that Obama only serves one term. Whatā€™s, what does that, what underlines that? ā€˜Screw the country. Weā€™re going to (do) whatever we (can) do to get this black man, we can, weā€™re going to do whatever we can to get this black man outta here.ā€™ā€¦ It is a racist thing." -- Morgan Freeman

14) Disliking the fact that Obama is President:
"They canā€™t stand the idea that heā€™s president, and a piece of it is racism. Not that somebody in one racial group doesnā€™t like somebody in another racial group, so what? Itā€™s the sense that the white race must rule, thatā€™s what racism is, and they canā€™t stand the idea that a man whoā€™s not white is president. That is real, that sense of racial superiority and rule is in the hearts of some people in this country." -- Chris Matthews

15) Disliking Barack Obama:
"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that heā€™s African-American." --Jimmy Carter

:dance:

John Hawkins - 15 Moronic Things Liberals Call Racism Since Obama Was Elected
Well done.

And you could go on and on and on and on....

And the Regressive Left would STILL deny it.

It takes a special kind of poster to put up a thread so inane it actually makes you look for a Longknife coffee blitz for something more interesting. But you did it.

Yer a winnah.

Your inability to honestly reply to the op is noted.

Been there, did that. Post 3. Because I was too late to make it post 2.

i read it. all you did was deny the truth. that is the opposite of honesty.

when was the last time you questioned your assumptions?

There IS NO "truth" -- there is only a made-up fallacy.

Posts in this thread: 35
Evidentiary links to its point: Zero.
Topic has not been established.

/thread

When was the last time you questioned your assumptions?

He does that all the time. Of course his questioning his assumptions looks like the liberal media questioning Hillary ... it's a love fest ...

1) Criticizing the IRS: "Republicans are using [the IRS scandal] as their latest weapon in the war against the black man. ā€˜IRSā€™ is the new 'N****r.'" -- Martin Bashir2)

"They are happy to have a party with black people drowning." -- Yahoo News Washington bureau chief David Chalian on the Republican National Convention, which was going on at the same time as Hurricane Isaac

"I am loathe to bring up what is in our head because we donā€™t like to talk about it so much. But on this particular day, on Martin Luther King Day, I think this needs to be said. That imaginary person thatā€™s going to break into your home and kill you, who does that person look like? You know, itā€™s not freckle-faced Jimmy down the street, is it really? I mean, thatā€™s not what really, thatā€™s not what really people, we never really want to talk about the racial or the class part of this, in terms of how itā€™s the poor or itā€™s people of color that we imagine that weā€™re afraid of. Why are we afraid? What is that, and itā€™s been a fear that has existed for a very, very long time." -- Michael Moore

"The language of GOP racial politics is heavy on euphemisms that allow the speaker to deny any responsibility for the racial content of his message,ā€ Williams wrote. ā€œReferences to a lack of respect for the ā€˜Founding Fathersā€™ and the ā€˜Constitutionā€™ also make certain ears perk up by demonizing anyone supposedly threatening core ā€˜old-fashioned American values.ā€™" -- Juan Williams

"That really bothered me. You notice (Romney) said anger twice. Heā€™s really trying to use racial coding and access some really deep stereotypes about the angry black man. This is part of the playbook against Obama, the ā€˜otherization,ā€™ heā€™s not like us. I know itā€™s a heavy thing, I donā€™t say it lightly, but this is ā€˜n*ggerization.ā€™" --TourĆ©

"Surrounded by middle-aged white guys ā€” a sepia snapshot of the days when such pols ran Washington like their own menā€™s club ā€” Joe Wilson yelled ā€œYou lie!ā€ at a president who didnā€™t. But, fair or not, what I heard was an unspoken word in the air: You lie, boy!" -- Maureen Dowd

"Spotlighting his elite education is tantamount to racial bigotry because it insinuates that 'he took the place of someone else through affirmative action, that someone else being someone white.'" -- Jonathan Capehart

"The Republican Party is saying that the President of the United States has bosses, that the union bosses this President around, the unions boss him around. Does that sound to you like they are trying to consciously or subconsciously deliver the racist message that, of course, of course a black man canā€™t be the real boss?" -- Lawrence Oā€™Donnell

9) Supporting voter ID:
ā€œIf you go back to the year 2000, when we had an obvious disaster and ā€“ and saw that our voting process needed refinement, and we did that in the America Votes Act and made sure that we could iron out those kinks, now you have the Republicans, who want to literally drag us all the way back to Jim Crow laws and literally ā€“ and very transparently ā€“ block access to the polls to voters who are more likely to vote Democratic candidates than Republican candidates. And itā€™s nothing short of that blatant.ā€ -- Debbie Wasserman Schultz
"Do you remember tea baggers? It was just so much easier when we could just call them racists. I just donā€™t know why we canā€™t call them racists, or functionally retarded adults. The functionally retarded adults, the racists ā€“ with their cries of, ā€˜I want my country back. You know what theyā€™re really saying is, ā€˜I want my white guy back.ā€™ They apparently had no problem at all for the last eight years of habeas corpus being suspended, the Constitution being [expletive] on, illegal surveillance, lied to on a war or two, two stolen elections ā€“ yes, the John Kerry one was stolen too. Thatā€™s not tin-foil hat time. ā€ -- Janeane Garofalo

"One of the things about Herman Cain is, I think that he makes that white Republican base of the party feel okay, feel like they are not racist because they can like this guy. I think he(heā€™s) giving that base a free pass. And I think they like him because they think heā€™s a black man who knows his place. I know thatā€™s harsh, but thatā€™s how it sure seems to me." -- Karen Finney

"I believe the NRA is the new KKK. And that the arming of so many black youths, uh, and loading up our community with drugs, and then just having an open shooting gallery, is the work of people who obviously donā€™t have our best interests [at heart]." -- Jason Whitlock

"Look at, look, the Tea Partiers, who are controlling the Republican Partyā€¦.Their stated policy, publicly stated, is to do whatever it takes to see to it that Obama only serves one term. Whatā€™s, what does that, what underlines that? ā€˜Screw the country. Weā€™re going to (do) whatever we (can) do to get this black man, we can, weā€™re going to do whatever we can to get this black man outta here.ā€™ā€¦ It is a racist thing." -- Morgan Freeman

"They canā€™t stand the idea that heā€™s president, and a piece of it is racism. Not that somebody in one racial group doesnā€™t like somebody in another racial group, so what? Itā€™s the sense that the white race must rule, thatā€™s what racism is, and they canā€™t stand the idea that a man whoā€™s not white is president. That is real, that sense of racial superiority and rule is in the hearts of some people in this country." -- Chris Matthews

"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that heā€™s African-American." --Jimmy Carter

But But those are the wrong links. All lies I tell you.

But you are proving you're dependent on fallacies.

Kinda noted that already. Yet you're still here.

Weird.

No content behind that post either, huh. Your string is intact

It takes a special kind of poster to put up a thread so inane it actually makes you look for a Longknife coffee blitz for something more interesting. But you did it.

Yer a winnah.

Don't need to. The ass-umption came as standard equipment, post 1.
That's why I directly questioned it in post 3. Because it would be kinda silly to call out a strawman BEFORE it was set up.

Maybe time works differently on your planet. :dunno:

No content behind that post either, huh. Your string is intact

Yer a winnah.

Don't need to. The ass-umptions came as standard equipment, post 1.
That's why I observed it in post 3. Because it would be kinda silly to call out a strawman BEFORE it was set up.

EVen unable to hear the question. YOU are more closed minded than even I thought.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU QUESTIONED YOUR ASSUMPTIONS?

To me, disliking someone because they are black (or whatever) means that if they were white, you would treat them differently. Yet liberals keep saying over and over that disliking Obama even if you dislike whites like Kerry and Gore just as much is "racism." And when I ask why they think I would like him more if he were white, they say they never said I would.

Yet over and over, it's disliking Obama is "racist" by the same liberals. I don't get it. Explain what you think racism is.

Nope. Liberals are not saying that. You have been told that they are....and you prefer to believe it.

By the way....the guy is a moderate liberal who has governed as a centrist.

That means your entire thread premise is a failure. You got nothing right.

Liberals say that to me regularly

No they don't.

To me, disliking someone because they are black (or whatever) means that if they were white, you would treat them differently. Yet liberals keep saying over and over that disliking Obama even if you dislike whites like Kerry and Gore just as much is "racism." And when I ask why they think I would like him more if he were white, they say they never said I would.

Yet over and over, it's disliking Obama is "racist" by the same liberals. I don't get it. Explain what you think racism is.
When a black liberal is criticized, he cries racism. When liberalism fails, liberals cry racism. When the Democrat Party gets in trouble, liberals cry racism. It has become the ever present background noise of politics, like birds chirping in the forest.

Links?

(crickets chirp)

Cept it's not. Being called a racist for criticizing the exalted O is one of the most basic, repetitious political experiences of anyone not on the left

First Rule of Fallacies: When called out for an obvious fallacy, the thing to do is restate the same fallacy in different words.

This has worked now a total of almost one time.

Nope. Liberals are not saying that. You have been told that they are....and you prefer to believe it.

No they don't.

As obsessed as you are with me, following me around driving your kommunist klown kar, you know that do you?

And even if you don't, liberals do that to everyone else too, so you have no excuse.

Let me ask you a question. If I did show you some quotes, what difference would it make to you?

Yer a winnah.

That's why I observed it in post 3. Because it would be kinda silly to call out a strawman BEFORE it was set up.

EVen unable to hear the question. YOU are more closed minded than even I thought.

On this board -- last night. But I made no "assumptions" here. Didn't need to; the OP already provided a wellspring.
Is this posted in Amharic or sump'm? We established this like 50 posts ago.

Links?

(crickets chirp)

First Rule of Fallacies: When called out for an obvious fallacy, the thing to do is restate the same fallacy in different words.

This has worked now a total of almost one time.

I never said I was making a different point, simpleton

No they don't.

As obsessed as you are with me, following me around driving your kommunist klown kar, you know that do you?

And even if you don't, liberals do that to everyone else too, so you have no excuse.

Let me ask you a question. If I did show you some quotes, what difference would it make to you?

i predict that he will not give a straight answer.

On this board -- last night. But I made no "assumptions" here. Didn't need to; the OP already provided a wellspring.

what assumption did you question?

Links?

(crickets chirp)

And where do you get this "exalted" shit?

See what I mean?
Strawman2b.bmp

:dig:

No they don't.
Obstructionists who put their party above the needs of the country will also deal with consequences. I guess that's a chance the Republican party has chosen to take.
They always do take that chance. It's because their supporters are racist haters just like them and they all want to delegitimize Obama together.

The Democrats have to rise up and take the reins again or they will simply continue doing this stuff.

:badgrin:

Welcome to the world of the non-liberal, being called a racist by liberals for criticizing "the black President." Who's just like the white President in the 90s we criticized and the white candidates like Gore and Kerry we criticized, but they were white, not the same.

So is your assumption it's racist to criticize the black President like he was white based on that blacks can't handle what white's can? It's unfair to think a black could be treated like a white?

The whole "black president" thing is based on the fallacy that criticizing a black is racist. You need to open your eyes and see

Last edited:

Are you incapable of scrolling back to post 3? Or incapable of reading it?

Links?

(crickets chirp)

And where do you get this "exalted" shit?

See what I mean?
Strawman2b.bmp

:dig:

You just suck Democrat cocks all day long ...

9) Supporting voter ID:

Why do you think that answers the question? The only one that even comes close is the last one....and that is snipped from a larger set of comments.

Nobody will call you a racist simply for saying that you don't agree with or like Obama. Just as nobody will call me a racist for saying that I don't like Al Sharpton. Of course, I can articulate why I don't like him without misrepresenting the facts. That's kind of important.

I disagree with Obama on many issues. I don't have to worry about being called a racist. I wonder why that is?

Are you incapable of scrolling back to post 3? Or incapable of reading it?

The great oracle, Pogo, has spoken and decreed verdict and it is thus so. Why does he need to remind you of that!

Forum List

Back