Libertarians and the GOP

Tired of watching my family die from cancer. I don't care how much money the government has to spend but curing cancer is one of the few things worthy of it.

Your war sure as fuck wasn't.

You people don't have any solutions but pain for the less capable of our society.

Tired of watching my family die from cancer. I don't care how much money the government has to spend but curing cancer is one of the few things worthy of it.

You people don't have any solutions but pain for the less capable of our society.

Freedom is the solution for every problem.

Freedom is the solution for every problem.

Now THAT is an imbecilic response if ever there were one.

Freedom? Gessh...:doubt:

[MENTION=46690]Libertarianman[/MENTION]
It's interesting that you would quote Mencken. Libturds like you are precisely the kind of people who offer the solutions he refers to.

Nope. It's populist nitwits like you ... see? [MENTION=29100]bripat9643[/MENTION]

HL Mencken favored unions for working people. What he disliked was how populists progressives (Rep and Dem) would ruin a good thing.

Bet you didn't know that! :laugh2:

Mencken despised unions.

You're an imbecile. You don't know a thing about Mencken.
[MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION] [MENTION=28132]Dot Com[/MENTION] [MENTION=29100]bripat9643[/MENTION] [MENTION=30065]dblack[/MENTION] [MENTION=26616]kaz[/MENTION] [MENTION=20321]rightwinger[/MENTION] [MENTION=33716]occupied[/MENTION] [MENTION=11774]Kevin_Kennedy[/MENTION] [MENTION=46690]Libertarianman[/MENTION] [MENTION=29021]TakeAStepBack[/MENTION] [MENTION=22889]Matthew[/MENTION] [MENTION=44536]BobPlumb[/MENTION]

There is a voice recording of Henry on youtube: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grV_jy0BuXU]H L Mencken speaks! - YouTube[/ame]

Mencken in his very own words and voice mentions what Dante posited : Mencken supported the idea of unions, while he was disgusted with how unions turned out.

Poor libertardians are clueless because all they do is regurgitate Federalist Society type talking points imagining they have had original thoughts. :laugh2:

Nope. It's populist nitwits like you ... see? [MENTION=29100]bripat9643[/MENTION]

HL Mencken favored unions for working people. What he disliked was how populists progressives (Rep and Dem) would ruin a good thing.

Mencken despised unions.

[MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION] [MENTION=28132]Dot Com[/MENTION] [MENTION=29100]bripat9643[/MENTION] [MENTION=30065]dblack[/MENTION] [MENTION=26616]kaz[/MENTION] [MENTION=20321]rightwinger[/MENTION] [MENTION=33716]occupied[/MENTION] [MENTION=11774]Kevin_Kennedy[/MENTION] [MENTION=46690]Libertarianman[/MENTION] [MENTION=29021]TakeAStepBack[/MENTION] [MENTION=22889]Matthew[/MENTION] [MENTION=44536]BobPlumb[/MENTION]

There is a voice recording of Henry on youtube: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grV_jy0BuXU]H L Mencken speaks! - YouTube[/ame]

Mencken in his very own words and voice mentions what Dante posited : Mencken supported the idea of unions, while he was disgusted with how unions turned out.

Poor libertardians are clueless because all they do is regurgitate Federalist Society type talking points imagining they have had original thoughts. :laugh2:

Don't include me in your nonsense Dante. I'm fine with unions. It's labor law that's a fucking mess.

Dante loves IT when rightwingers try to own Mencken or attempt to portray themselves as understanding Mencken as he was and not as a one-dimensional tool to misquote and misrepresent

Yes, Dante use to collect works of Henry and he read more than a few bios. :eek:

Mencken despised unions.

Don't include me in your nonsense Dante. I'm fine with unions. It's labor law that's a fucking mess.

Welcome to democracy. As if the laws and interpretations of laws by anti-regulation types and big business were not a mess or more

full length

25:25 into the talk

Last edited by a moderator:
Dante loves IT when rightwingers try to own Mencken or attempt to portray themselves as understanding Mencken as he was and not as a one-dimensional tool to misquote and misrepresent

Yes, Dante use to collect works of Henry and he read more than a few bios. :eek:

thanks for the link Dante :cool:

Mencken despised unions.

At what time in the video does Mencken begin discussing unions?

Regardless, libertarians don't necessarily oppose unions in and of themselves. We merely oppose aggression against person and property, something unions have been notorious for historically. Without having heard his actual stance I don't see what this video is supposed to prove.

Good for Dante.

:eusa_eh:

Welcome to democracy. As if the laws and interpretations of laws by anti-regulation types and big business were not a mess or more

It's not democracy. It's fascism. Corporatism, to be precise. Do some reading.

mencken despised unions.

You're an imbecile. You don't know a thing about mencken.
[mention=20412]jakestarkey[/mention] [mention=28132]dot com[/mention] [mention=29100]bripat9643[/mention] [mention=30065]dblack[/mention] [mention=26616]kaz[/mention] [mention=20321]rightwinger[/mention] [mention=33716]occupied[/mention] [mention=11774]kevin_kennedy[/mention] [mention=46690]libertarianman[/mention] [mention=29021]takeastepback[/mention] [mention=22889]matthew[/mention] [mention=44536]bobplumb[/mention]

there is a voice recording of henry on youtube: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grv_jy0buxu]h l mencken speaks! - youtube[/ame]

mencken in his very own words and voice mentions what dante posited : Mencken supported the idea of unions, while he was disgusted with how unions turned out.

Poor libertardians are clueless because all they do is regurgitate federalist society type talking points imagining they have had original thoughts. :laugh2:

at what time in the video does mencken begin discussing unions?

Regardless, libertarians don't necessarily oppose unions in and of themselves. We merely oppose aggression against person and property, something unions have been notorious for historically. Without having heard his actual stance i don't see what this video is supposed to prove.

25:25

addressing what he thinks of the newspaper guild in journalism

"I think it's been generally -- I think the idea of the newspaper guild is good, but the influence of the guild has been bad, almost unqualifiedly bad for the reason that it got into the hands of the wrong men, beginning with the first of them, Edward P... "

as usual, libertarians and rightwingers miss the point or misconstrue and/or misunderstand most things like the negative income tax or the graduated tax structure. Not surprising since today's libertardians are stuck on a single misconstrued concept of Freedom being about mainly economic issues or even economic issues alone

Last edited:

yeah, yeah, yeah "the end is here!" -- you being of little faith in America are a disease upon the polity

[mention=20412]jakestarkey[/mention] [mention=28132]dot com[/mention] [mention=29100]bripat9643[/mention] [mention=30065]dblack[/mention] [mention=26616]kaz[/mention] [mention=20321]rightwinger[/mention] [mention=33716]occupied[/mention] [mention=11774]kevin_kennedy[/mention] [mention=46690]libertarianman[/mention] [mention=29021]takeastepback[/mention] [mention=22889]matthew[/mention] [mention=44536]bobplumb[/mention]

there is a voice recording of henry on youtube: h l mencken speaks! - youtube

mencken in his very own words and voice mentions what dante posited : Mencken supported the idea of unions, while he was disgusted with how unions turned out.

Poor libertardians are clueless because all they do is regurgitate federalist society type talking points imagining they have had original thoughts. :laugh2:

Regardless, libertarians don't necessarily oppose unions in and of themselves. We merely oppose aggression against person and property, something unions have been notorious for historically. Without having heard his actual stance i don't see what this video is supposed to prove.

So Mencken thinks employees shouldn't be able to be fired for bad reasons, which is a violation of property rights, but otherwise doesn't have much nice to say about unions. What was the point here again?

Good for Dante.

:eusa_eh:

shouldn't some great defender of Liberty like you be out manning the barricades instead of sitting here being a -- ______________________ -- fill in the blank

So Mencken thinks employees shouldn't be able to be fired for bad reasons, which is a violation of property rights, but otherwise doesn't have much nice to say about unions. What was the point here again?

addressing what he thinks of the edit: influence newspaper guild in journalism

"I think it's been generally -- I think the idea of the newspaper guild is good, but the influence of the guild has been bad, almost unqualifiedly bad for the reason that it got into the hands of the wrong men, beginning with the first of them, Edward P... " - Mencken in his own voice and words

"The Newspaper Guild-CWA is a labor union founded by newspaper journalists in 1933 who noticed that unionized printers and truck drivers were making more money than they did. In addition to improving wages and working conditions, its constitution says its purpose is to fight for honesty in journalism and the news industry's business practices." The Newspaper Guild - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

yeah, yeah, yeah "the end is here!" -- you being of little faith in America are a disease upon the polity

Well, you're a poo-poo head.

Forum List

Back