Libertarians and the GOP

Spoken like a true Libertarian

As with most things, they have this vision of....I did it all on my own
Your parents did not help you, your community did not help you and god forbid....The Gubmint did not help you

That is why I keep calling you a moron

Your logic is that all you have to defend is that if government can do one thing, then it can do anything. If I claim to have taken responsibility for my own life, then I am saying no one helped me at all in any way. And no, government does nothing for me. They just suck me dry. And you're pathetic making excuses for being a failure in this country. You have to be a serious loser to not be able to make it here.

That's why you ARE a moron.

There you have it

Life in a Libertarian world. Nobody ever helped me. No parent, no teacher, no school, not a penny of government support

I did it ALL myself

How is the fact of a parent or teacher helping you relevant to funding government social programs?

Spoken like a true Libertarian

As with most things, they have this vision of....I did it all on my own
Your parents did not help you, your community did not help you and god forbid....The Gubmint did not help you

Your logic is that all you have to defend is that if government can do one thing, then it can do anything. If I claim to have taken responsibility for my own life, then I am saying no one helped me at all in any way. And no, government does nothing for me. They just suck me dry. And you're pathetic making excuses for being a failure in this country. You have to be a serious loser to not be able to make it here.

There you have it

Life in a Libertarian world. Nobody ever helped me. No parent, no teacher, no school, not a penny of government support

I did it ALL myself

Come on rw... I'm pretty sure you're not that fucking stupid. Libertarians aren't opposed to helping people. This has been explained to you repeatedly, yet you hammer away on a deliberate lie. Why? Is that the only way you can 'win'?

bripat says 20% of Repubs are libertarians. Take those out, if they had any self respect they'd disassociate themselves from Repubs, and both would be :up: permanent minority parties. Take the SOCONs out and the same result.

Does that mean they're being "led around by the nose" or that there's some kind of alliance? Judging from the 2012 primary and election I'd say both of those claims are false.

last I checked, The Speaker isn't a libertarian, far from it. He's a corporatist. BTW- what % of those primary/elections were won by libertarians?

Yep. Both parties are dominated by corporatists. I'd like to see libertarians make parallel inroads on the Democrat side, and disrupt business-as-usual there in similar fashion. A two pronged approach is really the only thing that's going to work.

There you have it

I did it ALL myself

Come on rw... I'm pretty sure you're not that fucking stupid. Libertarians aren't opposed to helping people. This has been explained to you repeatedly, yet you hammer away on a deliberate lie. Why? Is that the only way you can 'win'?

Read his post

Now....explain to me how a PRIVATE charity will replace everything a government does

Last edited:

There you have it

I did it ALL myself

How is the fact of a parent or teacher helping you relevant to funding government social programs?

Teachers are government funded
Many children have parents who are worthless or missing from their lives, expecting them to compete on an equal footing without outside assistance is unrealistic.

There you have it

I did it ALL myself

Read his post

Now....explain to me how a PRIVATE charity will replace everything a government does

It won't replace everything government does. That's the principle attraction of private charity

There you have it

I did it ALL myself

Teachers are government funded
Many children have parents who are worthless or missing from their lives, expecting them to compete on an equal footing without outside assistance is unrealistic.

And you think government can make-up for a couple of worthless parents?

You just proved how truly delusional liberals are.

I've got news for you, chump: my parents were pretty damn worthless. Nevertheless I managed to overcome that initial disadvantage I had in life and prosper. No teacher or government social worker ever helped me.

An interesting article from the Brookings Institute that includes this:
First, according to the PRRI poll, libertarians represent only 12% of the Republican Party. This number is consistent with the findings of other studies by the Pew Research Center and the American National Election Study. This libertarian constituency is dwarfed by other key Republican groups, including white evangelicals (37%) and those who identify with the Tea Party (20%).

Is the GOP going to be so split that they will cede elections to Dems?

Read the article @ The Libertarian Challenge within the GOP | Brookings Institution

there are libertarians who vote GOP and others who vote both GOP and Dem and also some who throw votes to 3rd party candidates.

Libertarians withing the GOP are going nowhere

Is kaz being deliberately obtuse?

Libertarianism is an amorphous concept that is defined in many different ways.

It won't work, and we in the mainstream GOP are in no danger of a libert take over.

There isn't the slightest thing "amorphous" about it. The fact that you believe that only shows, once again, that you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Says an anarchist who can't even define his own beliefs.

We are safe from the likes of you and the liberts, thank heavens.

Is kaz being deliberately obtuse?

Libertarianism is an amorphous concept that is defined in many different ways.

It won't work, and we in the mainstream GOP are in no danger of a libert take over.

There isn't the slightest thing "amorphous" about it. The fact that you believe that only shows, once again, that you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Says an anarchist who can't even define his own beliefs.

We are safe from the likes of you and the liberts, thank heavens.

Where did you get the idea that I can't define my own beliefs? I've stated them numerous times on this forum. The fact that a servile toady like you can't stomach the idea of freedom isn't the same as saying I can't define my beliefs.

And, Fakey, you aren't safe from the likes of me. It's clear that you know that because you are so obviously terrified.

As a Libertarian and person who is frustrated with both parties, libertarians are loyal to no party.

Lots of liberals and conservatives have no loyalty to a party, but with a two party system one must choose. Now grow up

No. There is no "you must choose". There are independents and third parties out there. The amount of registered independents are growing each election. Gary Johnson, the Libertarian party presidential candidate, received about one percent of the vote in 2012. Unheard of for that party. Libertarians are growing...
Also, you grow up. Your the man who is an athiest and but job Whatever the hell that means

Last edited:
As a Libertarian and person who is frustrated with both parties, libertarians are loyal to no party.

Lots of liberals and conservatives have no loyalty to a party, but with a two party system one must choose. Now grow up

No. There is no "you must choose". There are independents and third parties out there. The amount of registered independents are growing each election. Gary Johnson, the Libertarian party presidential candidate, received about one percent of the vote in 2012. Unheard of for that party. Libertarians are growing...
Also, you grow up. Your the man who is a "cereal ****". Whatever the hell that means

You are given a choice. We have a multi-party system, but we have in reality a two party choice. One can always choose to throw away a vote. Freedom isn't always kind

btw, read the rules. you can be banned for posting what is edited out in red, I suggest you edit your post or get spanked. Your choice :lol:
[MENTION=46690]Libertarianman[/MENTION] the asswipe

Last edited:
if, as bripat claims, 20% of Repubs are libertarians, they need to start their own party because the repubs are bought-off by special interests.

Also, you grow up. Your the man who is a "cereal ****". Whatever the hell that means

You are given a choice. We have a multi-party system, but we have in reality a two party choice. One can always choose to throw away a vote. Freedom isn't always kind

btw, read the rules. you can be banned for posting what is edited out in red, I suggest you edit your post or get spanked. Your choice :lol:
[MENTION=46690]Libertarianman[/MENTION] the asswipe

Sometimes Voting is like being stuck with a bad Penney and having to choose heads or tails. Either way you are still stuck with either face of the same bad Penney. That does discourage people from playing. Only a blind man doesn't see that. We end up with a construct more obsessed with controlling our will than original purpose. It becomes a lose lose scenario. Break the mold Dante.

Read his post

It won't replace everything government does. That's the principle attraction of private charity

Got it

Let em die

Forum List

Back