Liberty Students Would Have Been Fined If They Skipped Ted Cruz's Speech

ultimately, Cruz is vying for a VP nod......and NOTHING would please me more than to have a Cuban Palin on the GOP ballot.........;)

You are probably right as usual, Nat. But I don't think the morons who showed up at Palin's speeches were threatened with paying a fine beforehand.

Who cares? It is a private university and can fine it's students how they see fit.

There was a private college not far from where I grew up where they would fine you for swearing or dancing on campus, unless it was square. No joke.

Oh my no. Who cares? If that happened for an Obama appearance there would 200 threads about it.

It wasn't though and Liberty is still a private university that can fine it's students as they see fit. Even for stupid reasons like skipping Cruz's speech. If the students have a problem with them assessing fines all willy-nilly then they will enroll elsewhere.

For not attending a speech? And you probably babble about the FIrst Amendment, too, and how Obama has violated the Constitution, right? Idiot.

I actually think it is a silly reason to asses a fine but private universities can and do fine their students for all sorts dumb reasons.

That is quite a leap you're making and you it followed up with an insult. I find that rather a disappointing response considering I agree more with you than I disagree.

Look at how the wingnuts are avoiding this thread. They can't defend their capitalist, evangelical hero who sanctioned this fine on those who would have chosen to skip his speech.

Keep this one up on top, komrades. The truth shall set these idiot free.

All these far right wing, tea partiers can be "defeated" with 2 simple questions:

1. Do you believe in evolution or creationism?
2. Do you dispute 90% of scientists who assure us that global warming MUST be addressed?

Liberty - they don't even know what the fuckin' word means.

These Randoids showed up to give Cruz the finger...

CAypDruWUAADtEf.jpg

You're a member of the same crowd that thinks its perfectly OK for a publicly owned university to expel students because they said something the administration doesn't like. That's about as close to fascism as anything I can imagine.

All these far right wing, tea partiers can be "defeated" with 2 simple questions:

1. Do you believe in evolution or creationism?
2. Do you dispute 90% of scientists who assure us that global warming MUST be addressed?

I'm a firm believer in evolution, and 90% of scientist don't assure us that global warming is anything we must "address."

How have I been defeated?

Liberty - they don't even know what the fuckin' word means.

Yes and no.

Convocation is a mandatory Monday, Wednesday and Friday event for Liberty students -- and they are penalized with fines if they skip an assembly.

It's convocation that they are required to attend and be fined if they skip. This particular convocation happened to have Ted Cruz speaking at it.

The libturds lied again.

What a shock!

It's convocation that they are required to attend and be fined if they skip. This particular convocation happened to have Ted Cruz speaking at it.

....well, then, by definition the gathering was NO LONGER a convocation but a political hack's rally.

Can't have it both ways, you know.

....well, then, by definition the gathering was NO LONGER a convocation but a political hack's rally.

It was a convocation and he was the speaker at this particular one. Had he not been the speaker they still would be required to attend and get fined if they didn't.

Is it appropriate for them to bring in a political candidate for their convocation? That's a matter of opinion, but nonetheless, as has been pointed out, they are a private university and can do what they want.

It was a convocation and he was the speaker at this particular one. Had he not been the speaker they still would be required to attend and get fined if they didn't.

Is it appropriate for them to bring in a political candidate for their convocation? That's a matter of opinion, but nonetheless, as has been pointed out, they are a private university and can do what they want.

Agreed...and I don't have a problem with the school threatening the fine......if families want their young to be brainwashed by religious fanatics (as some Islamists do) then a fine for not attending a convocation is their least of problems.

Last edited:
Wow. The OP posts an article from the huff~n~puff and you have the gall to criticize Breitbart?

Once again for nitwits like yourself, Liberty University Would Fine Students Who Skip Cruz Speech..... The Daily Caller

and the Daily Caller would make Genghis Khan blush

Who cares? It is a private university and can fine it's students how they see fit.

There was a private college not far from where I grew up where they would fine you for swearing or dancing on campus, unless it was square. No joke.
Nobody forced to go there.

Tough shit, if they don't like the rules, go to Va. Tech.

Might get shot though.

Agreed...and I don't have a problem with the school threatening the fine......if families want their young to be brainwashed by religious fanatics (as some Islamists do) then a fine for not attending a convocation is their least of problems.

Yikes! Sounds like SOMEone is still bitter over their rejection letter from Liberty U.

When did anyone put you in charge of defining the word "convocation?" If Moochell gives a speech at a graduation, does that make it a "political hacks rally?" Why yes, I think it does.

Forum List

Back