List of places women don’t want to go on a First Date

You can’t even eat at McDonalds for $15
You didn’t even read my message.

I said the guy is willing to spend $10 on a drink but not commit $25 to dinner until after the interview. You can get an inexpensive meal at a midscale place like Cheesecake Factory for $25.

You didn’t even read my message.

I said the guy is willing to spend $10 on a drink but not commit $25 to dinner until after the interview. You can get an inexpensive meal at a midscale place like Cheesecake Factory for $25.

Cheesecake Factory is #1 on the list of places not to go.
These Divas seem to think chain restaurants are below them

Cheesecake Factory is #1 on the list of places not to go.
These Divas seem to think chain restaurants are below them
I would rather go to Cheesecake Factory for dinner with a guy who invited me than an expensive restaurant to a drink while I’m being interviewed to see if I’m “worth” the price of dinner.

I’m just giving you a different perspective.

I will tell you what’s the WORST (as I recall from my dating days):

It’s when a guy asks you out “for a drink” at mid-scale restaurant, and you have to sit at the bar because the restaurant reserves actual tables for people willing to pay for a meal.

Then, after about 30 minutes, the guy asks “do you want to stay for dinner?”

What that tells me is that the guy was willing to pay for a $10 drink, but didn’t want to commit to an additional $15 for dinner until he decided you were “worth it.” Always found that a turn-off.

If you are a professional, college-educated man in his 30s asking out a professional, college-educated woman, take a risk and invite her to dinner right off the bat. All you’ll risk is an extra $15.
So, you meet a guy for drinks and quickly realize the guy is a creep.
If he suggests dinner, you now have an out and can decline, finish your drink and leave.

I like the "It's Just Lunch" idea. Ground rules are set, the environment is safe, brief informal midday or midafternoon lunch, casual dress, no alcohol. Buffets are great because you can linger over coffee and dessert without putting others out. A bunch of us guys would hit a buffet after church and sometimes talk for two hours or more (endless coffee if you like coffee). I also like the informality, family atmosphere, and buzz of activity at a nice buffet restaurant. And no one pays attention to your conversation.

So, you meet a guy for drinks and quickly realize the guy is a creep.
If he suggests dinner, you now have an out and can decline, finish your drink and leave.
Nah, I don’t like the idea of being interviewed to see if I’m worthy of an inexpensive dinner. And I wouldn’t accept an invite from a horrible creep, which I could tell right off the bat.

As I said, I prefer a dinner invitation at a midscale chain like Cheesecake Factory to a “drinks and MAYBE dinner if you pass the initial interview.” Be a mensch and spring for $15!

I would rather go to Cheesecake Factory for dinner with a guy who invited me than an expensive restaurant to a drink while I’m being interviewed to see if I’m “worth” the price of dinner.

I’m just giving you a different perspective.
How about a guy who makes a nice lunch or from scratch, all good food and a picnic setting? A bottle of good wine, a nice location, and simple good conversation? It takes effort.

I'm a Sici, i cook cuz the old birds in my family taught me as a lad. Now maybe that's attractive , and maybe it's not

Perhaps the ladies could chime on in?

~S~

Forum List

Back